PDA

View Full Version : Vikings make offer to T Rich!!!!!!!

BigChief68
03-20-2006, 07:16 PM
KFFL reports Vikings made an offer to T Rich!!

58-4ever
03-20-2006, 07:18 PM
KFFL reports Vikings made an offer to T Rich!!

It's probably millions more than Carl's offer & T-Rich has to look out for #1.

Tuckdaddy
03-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Maybe it was ride on the love boat they have up there.

BigChief68
03-20-2006, 07:20 PM
It's probably millions more than Carl's offer & T-Rich has to look out for #1.

He said he has to go home and think about it and talk to his family.

Skip Towne
03-20-2006, 07:25 PM
I love TRich but if he can get more geetus elsewhere I wish him well.

VonneMarie
03-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Was a boat in his contract offer?

HolmeZz
03-20-2006, 07:28 PM
I heard the offer was to play quarterback. Apparently the Vikes have gotten very desperate.

Short Leash Hootie
03-20-2006, 07:28 PM
(Inserts generic love boat comment here)

Thig Lyfe
03-20-2006, 07:30 PM
no wai!

Cave Johnson
03-20-2006, 08:23 PM
My sources tell me that it was a 7 year, $49M contract that also requires him to be the highest paid RB on the team.

FAX
03-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Mini Carl is going to take one hell of a beating if this goes down.

FAX

Rausch
03-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Why sign TRich before you know what you HAVE to sign him for?

Let him play the field and offer him just a bit above in the 11th hour.

Dunit35
03-20-2006, 09:13 PM
I sure hope we keep him. We can afford to keep him now. Rausch should be GM of this team with that comment he made. Hopefully CP was thinking this too.

FAX
03-20-2006, 09:16 PM
I've always thought that Mr. Rausch should be in the NFL profession in some capacity if he isn't already, Mr. Dunit35. He is quite knowledgeable.

T-Rich is a known commodity. It is no wonder that other teams would have an interest in him regardless of the slow demise of the fullback position.

FAX

Color Red
03-20-2006, 09:19 PM
Doesn't sound terribly positive like we'll keep him...

http://vikings.com/news_detail_OBJECTNAME_RichardsonVisits32006.html

Sure-Oz
03-20-2006, 09:21 PM
"A little bit.....i'll kinda leave it at that." I hope he sticks around but he doesn't sound hopeful.

Cochise
03-20-2006, 09:23 PM
He's given us the best years of his career. He's got all the right in the world to look for another payday before he retires. I wish him well.

PastorMikH
03-20-2006, 09:27 PM
"A little bit.....i'll kinda leave it at that." I hope he sticks around but he doesn't sound hopeful.

In other words, Carl has offered him a contract about 30% below league minimum and is hoping that he won't get any interest elsewhere.

Crap Carl, you aren't spending any $ anywhere else and you are sitting on almost 9 mil of cap space. Get busy with T-Rich and get something worked out.

FAX
03-20-2006, 09:28 PM
He's given us the best years of his career. He's got all the right in the world to look for another payday before he retires. I wish him well.

I agree with that sentiment wholeheartedly, Mr. Cochise. And I know that several Planeteers have noted that he is only in on a portion of our plays, but I think our offense will miss him. A lot.

FAX

Dunit35
03-20-2006, 09:32 PM
I agree with that sentiment wholeheartedly, Mr. Cochise. And I know that several Planeteers have noted that he is only in on a portion of our plays, but I think our offense will miss him. A lot.

FAX

I think the offense will miss him a lot. He is a phenomenal blocker and a team leader.

Sure-Oz
03-20-2006, 09:33 PM
Trich and Jason Dunn were a huge part of the running game, i hope he can return but if he signs elsewhere I won't be upset with him. I hope he gets a good chunk of change, guy deserves the best.

Rausch
03-20-2006, 09:39 PM
In other words, Carl has offered him a contract about 30% below league minimum and is hoping that he won't get any interest elsewhere.

Crap Carl, you aren't spending any $ anywhere else and you are sitting on almost 9 mil of cap space. Get busy with T-Rich and get something worked out.

This is not a new strategy.

Any business does the same thing. Say you're looking at a new parish. Your people value you and your value is high.

Your current parish allows you to look around and test the market. They say things like "If you want to better yourself I(we) won't stand in your way."

In fact, they're figuring out EXACTLY how big a raise they have to give you to retain you and at the same time earning your respect by not standing in your way. Then they offer you 5-10% more than that other offer, and between that and your familiarity with the area (team) you stay.

And if the other parish (Redskins) offer you an insane amount of money your current bosses look like saints who only want what's best for you by allowing you to go without any ugliness.

Either way, you don't spend a bunch of $$$ you don't have to...

kcmaxwell
03-20-2006, 09:41 PM
TRich is and has been one of my fav. players for years. i dont hardly post, but i will sorely miss tony if he leaves...
c'mon carl...pony up!
maxwell

John_Wayne
03-20-2006, 09:45 PM
T-Rich is more important to our offense than most people know. If he leaves, it'll be a big blow to our offense.

FAX
03-20-2006, 09:46 PM
TRich is and has been one of my fav. players for years. i dont hardly post, but i will sorely miss tony if he leaves...
c'mon carl...pony up!
maxwell

I feel the same way, Mr. kcmaxwell. He's been an absolute warrior for this team. I always thought he would retire here and maybe take a position in the FO. I'm no fan of the Hornies, either.

FAX

PastorMikH
03-20-2006, 09:49 PM
This is not a new strategy.

Any business does the same thing. Say you're looking at a new parish. Your people value you and your value is high.

Your current parish allows you to look around and test the market. They say things like "If you want to better yourself I(we) won't stand in your way."

In fact, they're figuring out EXACTLY how big a raise they have to give you to retain you and at the same time earning your respect by not standing in your way. Then they offer you 5-10% more than that other offer, and between that and your familiarity with the area (team) you stay.

And if the other parish (Redskins) offer you an insane amount of money your current bosses look like saints who only want what's best for you by allowing you to go without any ugliness.

Either way, you don't spend a bunch of $$$ you don't have to...

Actually, in my line of work, churches kinda look at you like a wife does a husband. They catch wind that you're sniffing out another prospect, they tend to get pretty ugly with you.:)

But yeah, I know what you are saying.

Skip Towne
03-20-2006, 09:59 PM
T-Rich is more important to our offense than most people know. If he leaves, it'll be a big blow to our offense.
TRich isn't as important to our offense as Gunther Fan thinks. Our offense won't miss him.

Rausch
03-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Actually, in my line of work, churches kinda look at you like a wife does a husband. They catch wind that you're sniffing out another prospect, they tend to get pretty ugly with you.:)

Yet, you still choose to preach and subject yourself to the process.

Do you still have faith in that process?...

Rausch
03-20-2006, 10:05 PM
TRich isn't as important to our offense as Gunther Fan thinks. Our offense won't miss him.

As long as we find another solid pass blocking FB...

FAX
03-20-2006, 10:07 PM

With all due respect, Mr. Skip Towne, that's about as wrong as a one boob breast reduction.

What is your reasoning? Richardson is a blocking machine. We won't miss our blocking machine?

FAX

beer bacon
03-20-2006, 10:11 PM
I am going to be positively livid if we let T-Rich slip away. There is a ****ing difference between not making a big splash in FA and letting one of your core players slip away. He won't even cost that much Carl.

dtebbe
03-20-2006, 10:12 PM
Doesn't sound terribly positive like we'll keep him...

http://vikings.com/news_detail_OBJECTNAME_RichardsonVisits32006.html

Is it just me or does it look like a 5th grader wrote that?

DT

PastorMikH
03-20-2006, 10:14 PM
Yet, you still choose to preach and subject yourself to the process.

Do you still have faith in that process?...

It's just better, when the time comes to start looking, to keep in confidential until the time you decided to give your notice. In the last church, our attendance ran about 75. We had a church express interest in us that ran 400. They persued us, and openly talked about it. Just so happens, a lady from our church was visiting her daughter halfway accross the state and attended services there one sunday when they gave an update of the names they were looking at. She brought word back to the church and they got pretty irritated with us - and even though it would have been a huge step for us, they sure weren't happy for us.

PastorMikH
03-20-2006, 10:15 PM
BTW, as for T-Rich's importance, anyone remember who was in blocking on pass plays after Priest went down? It wasn't LJ. And right now we don't have a backup QB that can even carry a clip board, much less throw a ball. Trent needs the protection T-Rich offers.

Rausch
03-20-2006, 10:17 PM

DT

I'll just say it greatly increased my desire to climb a bell tower and unload some ammo...

PastorMikH
03-20-2006, 10:18 PM

DT

It held my attention for about 4 paragraphs. Still don't know what it was really about. But after scrolling, I probably couldn't even stay with the Cliff Notes version to the end either.

Rausch
03-20-2006, 10:29 PM
It's just better, when the time comes to start looking, to keep in confidential until the time you decided to give your notice. In the last church, our attendance ran about 75. We had a church express interest in us that ran 400. They persued us, and openly talked about it. Just so happens, a lady from our church was visiting her daughter halfway accross the state and attended services there one sunday when they gave an update of the names they were looking at. She brought word back to the church and they got pretty irritated with us - and even though it would have been a huge step for us, they sure weren't happy for us.

So, you'd have to agree that even Peterson allows his employees more freedom than your employers give you.

And the people you work with are religous people.

And Peterson is supposed to be the NFL Antichrist.

BTW, I'm not saying Carl's a saint. He's not. He's a pr!ck.

I'm just pointing out that you tolerate the same type of behavior every day that many slam CP for. And so do I, for that matter...

PastorMikH
03-20-2006, 10:44 PM
My thoughts on Carl and T-Rich is that I understand letting him shop around, but now that T-Rich has an offer, lets get something done. (I think Carl is probably doing the same with Warfield)

As for Carl, he cut our #2 and #3 CB and, according to news reports, has only talked to one CB as replacement that I am aware. Also, only one DL so far that I know of, both have gone elsewhere. It is reported that we have somewhere around 9 mil in cap space, so why are we not even talking to FAs? If I were to have that attitude on my job, they wouldn't want to keep me around.

Rausch
03-20-2006, 10:52 PM
As for Carl, he cut our #2 and #3 CB and, according to news reports, has only talked to one CB as replacement that I am aware. Also, only one DL so far that I know of, both have gone elsewhere. It is reported that we have somewhere around 9 mil in cap space, so why are we not even talking to FAs?

What did we do the first two years under DV?

I remember trades.

Lots and lots of trades to help facilitate the Gun/DV transition.

A) Ask yourself what this team really needs.

B) Ask yourself who Herm has ties to.

C) Ask yourself who has a $1.5-3 million dollar cap hit if we trade/sign them.

:)

SNR
03-20-2006, 10:53 PM
I remember LJ talking about what TRich meant to his development as a player in the NFL. It will be insanely hard to replace him.

FAX
03-20-2006, 10:59 PM
"Agoh ... Malonha ... Cuaftee."

That should take care of it.

FAX

el borracho
03-20-2006, 11:00 PM
What did we do the first two years under DV?

I remember trades.

Lots and lots of trades to help facilitate the Gun/DV transition.

A) Ask yourself what this team really needs.

B) Ask yourself who Herm has ties to.

C) Ask yourself who has a $1.5-3 million dollar cap hit if we trade/sign them.

:)
A) A DT and a DE
B) Marty
C) Who?

Rausch
03-20-2006, 11:03 PM
A) A DT and a DE

Yup. As well as CB.

B) Marty

Players, not coaches.

C) Who?

That's what I'm asking...

Short Leash Hootie
03-21-2006, 01:13 AM
No no no. TRich isn't our entire offense, but he is a nice addition, and a good locker room presence. He's a great blocker, and should be inducted to the Chiefs HOF someday.

Tribal Warfare
03-21-2006, 01:33 AM
Shit who ever thinks T-Rich isn't important is a MORON. The guy is a intricate element like an OL who can run the ball and receive , and that aspect makes us a great offense.

T-Rich must be kept.

jspchief
03-21-2006, 05:27 AM
Someone needs to link that highlight clip of all of Holmes' TDs the year he broke the record.

Watch that, then tell me again that T-Rich isn't that important.

Inspector
03-21-2006, 05:45 AM
ok, ok....this is just a negotiation thingy. Carl wouldn't really let him go, right? What Rausch said is what's really going on, right?

I'm controlling the urge to puke just fine right now.

ct
03-21-2006, 07:20 AM
Hopefully he pulls a Rocky Bernard. Sets the real market for himself, and Carl can match it, or he's gone. Frankly, and keep in mind I love TRich as a player, team leader, and a person in the real world, but if they offer a big contract, we gotta let him walk. And I wish him nothin but the best!!

CoMoChief
03-21-2006, 07:52 AM
Carl if you arent gonna sign anyone in FA at least retain our pro bowlers. He's arguably the best blocking FB in the NFL and can run the ball if need be. He can also catch pretty well too.

He's been an icon in the city on and off the field. There are certain guys you just can't replace like Green, Shields, TRich, and others that set examples and are icons throughout the community in which they live in. Robert Holcombe is alright, but he's no TRich. Carl pay this guy what he wants because he clearly deserves it.

I mean who in the hell are we gonna go after if we left TRich leave. We didnt get a deal done with Benard or Allen. Are we waiting for Law or Woodson? IMO it would be stupid to go after any of these CBs because one of them can't stay healthy and the other will more than likely play for no more than 2 more seasons, yet they both want big contracts.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-21-2006, 08:14 AM
Everybody needs to calm down... they've said a long time ago Kris Wilson could play fullback.

Hog Farmer
03-21-2006, 08:16 AM
What is the status on Robert Holcumbe ? Anybody know ?

Chiefnj
03-21-2006, 08:34 AM
Carl if you arent gonna sign anyone in FA at least retain our pro bowlers. He's arguably the best blocking FB in the NFL and can run the ball if need be. He can also catch pretty well too.

I may be in the minority, but TRich's skills have eroded quickly. As a rusher he was pretty pitifull last year. He's still a good blocker, but I wouldn't break the bank on him.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-21-2006, 08:41 AM
I may be in the minority, but TRich's skills have eroded quickly. As a rusher he was pretty pitifull last year. He's still a good blocker, but I wouldn't break the bank on him.
Theres a VERY good chance he was pitiful last year because he only had six carries... TOTAL. Over two seasons, he's not even averaging one carry per game at 18. Since 2003 his carries got cut in half every year.

from ESPN:

YEAR TEAM G ATT YDS AVG LNG TD FD FUM LOST
2003 KAN 16 24 60 2.5 8 0 4 0 0
2004 KAN 16 12 56 4.7 13 0 3 0 0
2005 KAN 16 6 20 3.3 8 0 1 0 0

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=3408

jspchief
03-21-2006, 08:47 AM
I may be in the minority, but TRich's skills have eroded quickly. As a rusher he was pretty pitifull last year. He's still a good blocker, but I wouldn't break the bank on him.Jason Dunn has been "pitifull" as a receiver too. Why are we paying him so much?

Or I guess we could judge them on what they are asked to do...

Chiefnj
03-21-2006, 08:55 AM
Jason Dunn has been "pitifull" as a receiver too. Why are we paying him so much?

Or I guess we could judge them on what they are asked to do...

You sound like you are in a bad mood. What happened, did someone tell you Tony Soprano got gut shot by Junior?

The statement I was replying to was:
"..can run the ball if need be. He can also catch pretty well too."

His running and catching days are behind him.

jspchief
03-21-2006, 09:07 AM
You sound like you are in a bad mood. What happened, did someone tell you Tony Soprano got gut shot by Junior?

The statement I was replying to was:
"..can run the ball if need be. He can also catch pretty well too."

His running and catching days are behind him.I was just pointing out that describing his rushing as pitiful is a little unfair considering that's not what the team requires of him. I don't think anyone is expecting him to be a major factor carrying the ball, but I'm not sure we can say his ability to do so has declined based off the 6 carries he got last year. We put the ball in his hands less 1 time per game last year, whether catching or rushing. That seems like a pretty small sample to determine he's on the decline.

Not sure how that puts me in a bad mood, but if deflecting to a week-old, completely irrelevant Sopranos thread helps your case, go ahead.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-21-2006, 09:22 AM
T-Rich has only been shown some love the last 3-4 years. This could be his first contract negotiations being a known pro-bowler & Priest's blocking machine. Let T-Rich go out & found out what it's like to be wined & dined

harpes
03-21-2006, 09:32 AM
I love the man and appreciate how hard he works every day, We will miss him but it just comes around to $$$ and what the market has available. We need some youth on OF and this is just one of the difficult steps you have to take. Good Luck

mac58
03-21-2006, 09:44 AM
dammit we need Trich. . .hes the heart of our offense

Fried Meat Ball!
03-21-2006, 10:04 AM
I think one thing we're forgetting -- TRich was LJ's mentor, IIRC, not Priest Holmes... I think we might miss him in that role as much as anything.

htismaqe
03-21-2006, 10:05 AM
dammit we need Trich. . .hes the heart of our offense

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

TRich is a great blocker, an excellent teammate, and a consumate gentlemen.

The "heart" of our offense he is not.

FAX
03-21-2006, 10:07 AM
I agree, Mr. htismaqe. He's more like the white blood cells of our offense.

FAX

Fried Meat Ball!
03-21-2006, 10:09 AM
I'm gonna go with the appendix of our offense. You certainly WANT it there and you don't want to lose it, not to mention the pain of having it removed, but you can live without it.

StcChief
03-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Chiefs better counter offer today

SNR
03-21-2006, 10:12 AM
See, this is exactly what I'm talking about.

TRich is a great blocker, an excellent teammate, and a consumate gentlemen.

The "heart" of our offense he is not.Ronnie Cruz sure as hell ain't the heart of the offense, that's for sure

FAX
03-21-2006, 10:27 AM
I'm gonna go with the appendix of our offense. You certainly WANT it there and you don't want to lose it, not to mention the pain of having it removed, but you can live without it.

That's okay, Mr. Fire Me Boy!, but the courageous white blood cells block all the enemy viruses and evil stuff out of the way so the good red blood cells can scamper freely to the endzone of health and well being.

FAX

BigChiefFan
03-21-2006, 10:27 AM
T-Rich has only been shown some love the last 3-4 years. This could be his first contract negotiations being a known pro-bowler & Priest's blocking machine. Let T-Rich go out & found out what it's like to be wined & dined
Minnesota definitely went out of their way to treat T-Rich like a known commodity after the way T-Rich implied it on the interview of him last night. He said he would take the night(last night) to think about it. He was grinning from ear to ear.

After seeing that, I believe we either have to match the offer or he's as good as gone.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-21-2006, 10:30 AM
That's okay, Mr. Fire Me Boy!, but the courageous white blood cells block all the enemy viruses and evil stuff out of the way so the good red blood cells can scamper freely to the endzone of health and well being.

FAX
I realize that, and I even thought of that, but if TRich is the white blood cells, it implies that without him the Chiefs would in fact die. Without white blood cells, other teams defenses (bacteria) would eat us alive. Perhaps TRich isn't the appendix, but maybe more like a kidney or something. White blood cells, he is not.

Fried Meat Ball!
03-21-2006, 10:31 AM
I am Jack's colon.

Joe Seahawk
03-21-2006, 10:34 AM
I realize that, and I even thought of that, but if TRich is the white blood cells, it implies that without him the Chiefs would in fact die. Without white blood cells, other teams defenses (bacteria) would eat us alive. Perhaps TRich isn't the appendix, but maybe more like a kidney or something. White blood cells, he is not.

T-Rich is like the big toe of your offense, you can still run without one, but it's a little tougher..

FAX
03-21-2006, 10:37 AM

Point well taken, Mr. Fire Me Boy!. But, the appendix is utterly useless as far as medical science can tell. Therefore, TRich is not the appendix.

Further, I am compelled to bring to your attention that you can, in fact, live without white blood cells ... at least for a while. You just have to be very careful about what you eat and avoid cuts and skanks. Of course, you might wind up on life support eventually - which is exactly where the team will be if they lose their white blood cells.

FAX

Fried Meat Ball!
03-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Point well taken, Mr. Fire Me Boy!. But, the appendix is utterly useless as far as medical science can tell. Therefore, TRich is not the appendix.

Further, I am compelled to bring to your attention that you can, in fact, live without white blood cells ... at least for a while. You just have to be very careful about what you eat and avoid cuts and skanks. Of course, you might wind up on life support eventually - which is exactly where the team will be if they lose their white blood cells.

FAX
Yeah, but we play Denver and Oakland twice a year, how are we supposed to stay away from skanks?

FAX
03-21-2006, 10:46 AM
Yeah, but we play Denver and Oakland twice a year, how are we supposed to stay away from skanks?

Good point. He's the kidney then.

Because he filters the wastes out of our game plan urine.

FAX

Fried Meat Ball!
03-21-2006, 10:47 AM
Good point. He's the kidney then.

Because he filters the wastes out of our game plan urine.

FAX
ROFL :thumb:

Wile_E_Coyote
03-21-2006, 10:48 AM
Minnesota definitely went out of their way to treat T-Rich like a known commodity after the way T-Rich implied it on the interview of him last night. He said he would take the night(last night) to think about it. He was grinning from ear to ear.

After seeing that, I believe we either have to match the offer or he's as good as gone.

T-Rich was on Total Access and said he was looking forward to being a FA. If the Vikes want to throw big $$ at him, and they can. This is where I put a player before the team and say, good for T-Rich. He deserves a big pay day if he can get it

FAX
03-21-2006, 10:51 AM
T-Rich was on Total Access and said he was looking forward to being a FA. If the Vikes want to throw big $$ at him, and they can. This is where I put a player before the team and say, good for T-Rich. He deserves a big pay day if he can get it

I suppose so, Mr. Wile_E_Coyote.

And, lord knows the Vikings could use a kidney transplant.

FAX

Aries Walker
03-21-2006, 10:53 AM
And so we see the seven stages of losing a great player, just like when we lost Nick Lowery: shock, prophesies of doom, salary analysis, reconsideration, begrudging acceptance, outrage at the inept replacement, nostalgia.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-21-2006, 10:53 AM
I suppose so, Mr. Wile_E_Coyote.

And, lord knows the Vikings could use a kidney transplant.

FAX

I blame Nick Athan :cuss:

FAX
03-21-2006, 10:54 AM
And so we see the seven stages of losing a great player, just like when we lost Nick Lowery: shock, prophesies of doom, salary analysis, reconsideration, begrudging acceptance, outrage at the inept replacement, nostalgia.

You left out dialysis.

FAX

Rausch
03-21-2006, 11:23 AM
First Barry Word, now TRich...

BigChiefFan
03-21-2006, 11:39 AM
I would have to say, T-Rich will be missed if this should happen. He's still one of the top blocking FBs in the league and I believe he has another 2 upper-echelon years in him.

He also stated he was excited about running the West Coast Offense-I think he's all but gone from Kansas City.

58-4ever
03-21-2006, 11:40 AM

Please don't ever compare Nick Lowry and Tony Richardson. they are miles of man meat apart.

Coach
03-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Well... T-Rich is a goner. :(

PETERSON RESPONDS TO TONY RICHARDSON SIGNING WITH VIKINGS
Mar 21, 2006, 1:02:31 PM

I am personally disappointed that we were not able to work out a new contract for Tony Richardson. Obviously, his contributions both on and off the field in his ten years here have been outstanding. We sincerely thank Tony for all his efforts and accomplishments while in Kansas City.

We wish him the very best in his new career as a member of the Minnesota Vikings. I made it clear to Tony, as I have on numerous occasions, that when he is finished with his playing career I would like him to be a part of the Kansas City Chiefs organization. That offer and promise still holds and we look to see Tony in the future.

- Carl Peterson, president, Kansas City Chiefs

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/03/21/peterson_responds_to_tony_richardson_signing_with_vikings/

Gonzo
03-21-2006, 12:30 PM
This is:

FAX
03-21-2006, 12:36 PM
I will miss him. A true warrior.

FAX

Count Zarth
03-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Carl's a ****ing dumbass. What is our 12 million in cap space for?

Fried Meat Ball!
03-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Dammit... I wanted that kidney.

RedThat
03-21-2006, 12:40 PM
Well... T-Rich is a goner. :(

PETERSON RESPONDS TO TONY RICHARDSON SIGNING WITH VIKINGS
Mar 21, 2006, 1:02:31 PM

I am personally disappointed that we were not able to work out a new contract for Tony Richardson. Obviously, his contributions both on and off the field in his ten years here have been outstanding. We sincerely thank Tony for all his efforts and accomplishments while in Kansas City.

We wish him the very best in his new career as a member of the Minnesota Vikings. I made it clear to Tony, as I have on numerous occasions, that when he is finished with his playing career I would like him to be a part of the Kansas City Chiefs organization. That offer and promise still holds and we look to see Tony in the future.

- Carl Peterson, president, Kansas City Chiefs

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/03/21/peterson_responds_to_tony_richardson_signing_with_vikings/

You didn't even try to re-sign him you f*ck nut! You had all the time in the world to get this thing done, and you failed.
:cuss:

MVChiefFan
03-21-2006, 12:41 PM
This is some BS!!! I don't care if T-Rich is old and washed up, we should have never let him go. He was a staple in the community and on the team. We have no one else and since King Carl isn't spending one ounce of the freakin' money then he should have at least thrown some Tony's way.

:clap: Give it up for a tremendous off-season brought to you by King "a$$wipe" Carl!!!

oldandslow
Damn.

T-Rich was one of my favorites.

The Vikings are spending a ton on the basics - Hutch and T-Rich has to help the running game.

58-4ever
**** you Carl Peterson, I hope you choke on the next fat piece of Plaza III Ribeye that you stuff down your incompetent throat you gutless rat bastard. I hate you and the way you have run this organization into a vast destitude of mediocrity. Die you black-wearing piece of shit!

Fried Meat Ball!
03-21-2006, 12:46 PM
This seems like a dumbass move for a team that wants to pass a tax in two weeks.

Rain Man
03-21-2006, 12:46 PM
What the - this stinks! Is this some kind of a joke? If this is some kind of a joke, I'm going to stab the author. This had better be some kind of joke.

This is a joke, right?

Baby Lee
03-21-2006, 12:47 PM
Tell me why I like this team again? There HAS to be a reason.

And I suspect our fan base will be just dumb enough to blame 'mr. conservative' Herm, when the running game disappears, and the rest of the O with it.

tk13
03-21-2006, 12:53 PM
That's pretty rough. I do think Ronnie Cruz is going to do a good job, which is why I'm not surprised by this... but TRich is the man. I hope one day he'll come back and retire a Chief. That's where he belongs. The worst part of it is probably the fact that he was LJ's "mentor" so to speak.

ct
03-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Let's wait and see the contract #s before you all jump off a bridge, k?

TRich, you'll be missed! Thanks so much for all you've done for KC!!

FAX
03-21-2006, 12:59 PM
I'm trying to figure this out.

1. Is the hiring of Herm, the lack of FA activity, and now the complacency regarding TRich, the beginning of some new, secret 5 year plan to build the team with youth?

2. Is Herm a f*cking idiot? He was not as complimentary to TRich in public as I would have expected. Does he not like TRich? Is there some friction there?

3. Is this just an effort to save money? If so, for what purpose? They're apparently not signing anyone else. And, with the referendum on the horizon, one would think that they would be publicly demonstrating a desire to invest in the team.

4. How are they going to replace TRich? With who? Holcombe? Cruz?

This is very troubling.

FAX

Baby Lee
03-21-2006, 01:00 PM
That's pretty rough. I do think Ronnie Cruz is going to do a good job, which is why I'm not surprised by this... but TRich is the man. I hope one day he'll come back and retire a Chief. That's where he belongs. The worst part of it is probably the fact that he was LJ's "mentor" so to speak.
No to revive the comparisons to Lowery, but will people notice with as much vehemence if whomever replaces T-Rich at FB does as sh!tty a job as Lin Eliot, maybe even in as big a big game?

tk13
03-21-2006, 01:08 PM
No to revive the comparisons to Lowery, but will people notice with as much vehemence if whomever replaces T-Rich at FB does as sh!tty a job as Lin Eliot, maybe even in as big a big game?
I think Ronnie Cruz is going to do a good job. I don't think it's gonna be like the unnamed kicker situation. Cruz was burying people last preseason... I'm not sure he'll be able to sweep as well as T-Rich but we should still have a pretty good straight-ahead running game.

penguinz
03-21-2006, 01:09 PM
He is past his prime. We can live without him. He was a great player for us but we have to move on sometime. What is a better time to move on than when you have a half-back that is big enough and strong enough to break tackles on his own.

Coach
03-21-2006, 01:09 PM
What the - this stinks! Is this some kind of a joke? If this is some kind of a joke, I'm going to stab the author. This had better be some kind of joke.

This is a joke, right?

Sadly, it's not a joke.

And if you are going to find someone to kill, I recommend Carl Peterson.

Mr. Laz
03-21-2006, 01:11 PM
I think Ronnie Cruz is going to do a good job. I don't think it's gonna be like the unnamed kicker situation. Cruz was burying people last preseason... I'm not sure he'll be able to sweep as well as T-Rich but we should still have a pretty good straight-ahead running game.

truly impressive

tk13
03-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Let's wait and see the contract #s before you all jump off a bridge, k?

TRich, you'll be missed! Thanks so much for all you've done for KC!!
I imagine people are going to jump off a bridge when they see the contract.

I don't know what the numbers are yet, but I'd bet it's not that much. William Henderson turned the Vikings down to just sign a 1 year deal back with the Packers, but maybe that was a hometown discount, I don't know.

ct
Vikings | Team agrees to contract with Richardson
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:59:43 -0800

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Minnesota Vikings have agreed to a two-year contract with free agent FB Tony Richardson (Chiefs). The deal will pay Richardson about $2.5 million.

Now I'm kinda pissed! That's not much $ for a veteran FB, team leader.

Count Zarth

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Minnesota Vikings have agreed to a two-year contract with free agent FB Tony Richardson (Chiefs). The deal will pay Richardson about $2.5 million.

Rain Man
03-21-2006, 01:13 PM
I was kind of hoping it was a joke.

tk13
truly impressive
What's that?

keg in kc
The departure of a 34-year old fullback probably won't be the end of the world. He's a good guy, but we'll live without him.

beer bacon
03-21-2006, 01:14 PM
He is past his prime. We can live without him. He was a great player for us but we have to move on sometime. What is a better time to move on than when you have a half-back that is big enough and strong enough to break tackles on his own.

I would probably wait until my half-back was good enough to pass block on his own too.

beer bacon
03-21-2006, 01:15 PM

I am glad we didn't resign T-Rich for that monster contract. We would have been in cap hell in no time. Carl is smart. When T-Rich wanted superstar money we sent him packing.

Count Zarth
03-21-2006, 01:16 PM
I'm so glad we have Kendrell Bell on the roster instead of Tony Richardson!

BigRock
03-21-2006, 01:17 PM
I'm sad to see him go, but there's no way we should have paid that much to keep him. Good for Tony... the Vikes had plenty of cap space, go get some money.

Fish
03-21-2006, 01:18 PM
Another Chiefs icon is lost to the stupidity that is Carl....... What a sad day.....

I know he's getting old.... but damn... come on... it's TRich.....

Good luck to him I guess...

Reaper16
03-21-2006, 01:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2378445
Full ESPN link

2.5 mil :harumph:

DaKCMan AP
03-21-2006, 01:19 PM
You see, TRich was LJ's best friend and mentor on the team. We had to get rid of TRich to piss off LJ so that he'll keep running like a madman.

:stupid:

penguinz
03-21-2006, 01:19 PM
I would probably wait until my half-back was good enough to pass block on his own too.
Why? So we can bring LJ in only on running plays and take him out on our passing plays? Why not just hold a sign up before every play so the other team know what play we are calling.

FAX
03-21-2006, 01:20 PM
The rationalizations are all well and good, but TR was a proven entity. He is arguably the best fullback in the game today. He was more than effective on the field, he knew the offense inside and out and how to prepare himself and the other backs each week. I think there's more to this than just money, frankly.

No matter how you care to slice on it, this stinks.

FAX

Mecca
03-21-2006, 01:20 PM
I bet you guys would hate to be Eagles fans, that team walks away from older players every single year, no matter how good they are. Fact is Richardson is 34 and plays a position that isn't on the field all that much. Our team needs to get younger, everyone gets attached to players that have been here awhile but guys have to go sooner or later.

Count Zarth
03-21-2006, 01:21 PM
http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/5528/den744xo.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/6299/den120kx.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

gblowfish
03-21-2006, 01:21 PM
**** you Carl Peterson, I hope you choke on the next fat piece of Plaza III Ribeye that you stuff down your incompetent throat you gutless rat bastard. I hate you and the way you have run this organization into a vast destitude of mediocrity. Die you black-wearing piece of shit!

Dear Greatest Fan in the NFL:

Thank you for your kind words. The entire Chiefs organization wishes Tony Richardson all the best with the Minnesota Vikings. I understand they offer fringe benefits not available in Kansas City, such as private lake cruises with Fred Smoot.

I would encourage you to vote YES on April 4th, and to make sure your season tickets are paid in full as soon as possible.

You ARE a season ticket holder, aren't you?

Be sure to buy lots of Chiefs officially licensed merchandise during the off season, including our soon to be featured Joey Harrington jerseys.

Your Pal,
Carl "Delano" Peterson
LTGMIPS

penguinz
03-21-2006, 01:22 PM
The rationalizations are all well and good, but TR was a proven entity. He is arguably the best fullback in the game today. He was more than effective on the field, he knew the offense inside and out and how to prepare himself and the other backs each week. I think there's more to this than just money, frankly.

No matter how you care to slice on it, this stinks.

FAX
You are exactly right with this. TRich said he like the west coast offense better. He went to a team that is going to run an offense he is more comfortable with.

Fish
03-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Anybody else think Trent Green's nuts must have just crawled 3 inches up into his gut....?

It's OK, LJ will protect me.......

bkkcoh
03-21-2006, 01:24 PM
I bet you guys would hate to be Eagles fans, that team walks away from older players every single year, no matter how good they are. Fact is Richardson is 34 and plays a position that isn't on the field all that much. Our team needs to get younger, everyone gets attached to players that have been here awhile but guys have to go sooner or later.

Didn't we also have a FB by the name of Kimble Anders..... I think that we have had good success with finding FB's. Even All-Pro FB's....

not worried yet....

RedThat
03-21-2006, 01:25 PM
A lot of you want to hold Carl Peterson accountable for the teams off-season failures. Which to me makes absolute no sense. If anything, blame Lamar Hunt for being a cheap a** sumbitch.

$2.5 million dollar/year for a great blocking fullback is not much to ask. Mind you, this is coming from a guy who wore heart and loyalty on his sleeve during his time here. And demonstrated great leadership skills to the team. WTF is wrong with you Lamar? Do you not even see that?!?!?!

Short Leash Hootie
03-21-2006, 01:26 PM
Anybody else think Trent Green's nuts must have just crawled 3 inches up into his gut....?

It's OK, LJ will protect me.......
3rd down back...PRIEST HOLMES

Short Leash Hootie
03-21-2006, 01:27 PM
3rd down back...PRIEST HOLMES
not that I think for a second he'll be a Chief this year...

picasso
03-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Last year he had 1 receiving TD and a whopping 20 yards rushing. He can blockhis arse off but you can find other FB's that can block just as well and have more intangibles than what TRich produced last year for KC. He's a 12 year vet that needed to step aside.

Mecca
03-21-2006, 01:29 PM
It's just the overly sentimental attitude people have towards players on here sometimes. Such as in the middle of the past season when some people felt it was time for Larry Johnson to start over Priest. That created a nice shit storm if I remember correctly.

If you pay 2 million dollars for a 34 year old FB you spend money and make our old team even older. Richardsons a good guy and all that but I'm not a fan of spending alot of money on a position that's being phased out, especially when the guy is 34.

Our team has to start getting younger now or we'll be in a heavy rebuilding project in 2 years.

Wile_E_Coyote
03-21-2006, 01:31 PM
34 years old
2.5 million for 2 years
played 25% of offensive plays

~good bye #49

Baby Lee
03-21-2006, 01:32 PM
It's just the overly sentimental attitude people have towards players on here sometimes.
Sorry, I get 'sentimental' about players who take out 3-4 tacklers at a time to let our RB STROLL into the end zone.

ct
my favorite :clap:

Short Leash Hootie
It's just the overly sentimental attitude people have towards players on here sometimes. Such as in the middle of the past season when some people felt it was time for Larry Johnson to start over Priest. That created a nice shit storm if I remember correctly.

If you pay 2 million dollars for a 34 year old FB you spend money and make our old team even older. Richardsons a good guy and all that but I'm not a fan of spending alot of money on a position that's being phased out, especially when the guy is 34.

Our team has to start getting younger now or we'll be in a heavy rebuilding project in 2 years.
Heavy rebuilding seems a bit drastic.

We'll lose most of our offense, but I'm not worried about our line. We need a QB and a WR and we'll be all rebuilt. TE's seem to be a dime a dozen these days, and we have LJ, and not many teams can say that.

If we were able to pick up a good QB to learn behind Green we should be ok when Roaf, Shields, Green, Gonzo, Kennison, etc. are gone.

Count Zarth

Whatever. T-Rich was worth that money for the last year or two of his career.

I'm glad we're paying do-nothing bums like Kendrell Bell, Kris Wilson and Jerome Woods instead. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

Short Leash Hootie
03-21-2006, 01:33 PM
Sorry, I get 'sentimental' about players who take out 3-4 tacklers at a time to let our RB STROLL into the end zone.
overkill

RedThat
03-21-2006, 01:34 PM

I here what you're saying. You're speaking directly from a youth perspective which is understandable. But I was thinking about team chemistry, leadership, all those kinda things T-Rich brought to the team. You don't want to mess that up. You lose T-Rich, you lose not only a great player, but a leader, a hard worker, great blocker, etc. I'd like to see who gonna pick up those Bronco blitzes from Gold, Williams, and Wilson. I'd like to see if Ronnie Cruz or robert Holcombe have the athleticism T-Rich had to run tosses and sweeps.

It's those little things we have to account for. I know he is old. But what is a 2 year 5 million dollar deal for a 34 year old FB? And to mention one of the better FB's in the league.

wolfpack0735
03-21-2006, 01:36 PM
what are we 9 mil under? 2.5 was too much for a 34 year old back. yes he was great,but old.we`ll get over it,its not the end of the world. besides queen carl is saving lamar`s money for all those top dog DB`S and DT`S that is swarming to kansas city. ROFL

Short Leash Hootie
Whatever. T-Rich was worth that money for the last year or two of his career.

I'm glad we're paying do-nothing bums like Kendrell Bell, Kris Wilson and Jerome Woods instead. WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!
Kendrell re-structured, Wilson is dirt cheap, and cutting Woods would cost the team money.

Of course we'd rather have Richardson than these 'do-nothing bums', but economically, it made no sense.

Dunn and Wilson, or Cruz, can fill in at FB for the downs we even use a FB.

I liked TRich as much as the next, the dude was an awesome blocker, but this is nowhere close to the end of the road for our running success.

Baby Lee
overkill
Heh, say what you will about Bam Morris, but he could sure bury his haunches in a collapsing line. :cuss:

Mecca
Heavy rebuilding seems a bit drastic.

We'll lose most of our offense, but I'm not worried about our line. We need a QB and a WR and we'll be all rebuilt. TE's seem to be a dime a dozen these days, and we have LJ, and not many teams can say that.

If we were able to pick up a good QB to learn behind Green we should be ok when Roaf, Shields, Green, Gonzo, Kennison, etc. are gone.

Rebuilding the majority of the offense while you have a bad defense=heavy rebuilding. Not to mention the players that will have to be replaced on the offense are 2 of the most important LT, QB.

Short Leash Hootie
03-21-2006, 01:38 PM
I here what you're saying. You're speaking directly from a youth perspective which is understandable. But I was thinking about team chemistry, leadership, all those kinda things T-Rich brought to the team. You don't want to mess that up. You lose T-Rich, you lose not only a great player, but a leader, a hard worker, great blocker, etc. I'd like to see who gonna pick up those Bronco blitzes from Gold, Williams, and Wilson. I'd like to see if Ronnie Cruz or robert Holcombe have the athleticism T-Rich had to run tosses and sweeps.

It's those little things we have to account for. I know he is old. But what is a 2 year 5 million dollar deal for a 34 year old FB? And to mention one of the better FB's in the league.
how pissed are you going to be when I tell you the deal is actually 2.5 million dollars TOTAL?

beer bacon
03-21-2006, 01:40 PM
Kendrell re-structured, Wilson is dirt cheap, and cutting Woods would cost the team money.

Of course we'd rather have Richardson than these 'do-nothing bums', but economically, it made no sense.

Dunn and Wilson, or Cruz, can fill in at FB for the downs we even use a FB.

I liked TRich as much as the next, the dude was an awesome blocker, but this is nowhere close to the end of the road for our running success.

You could fill in for Richardson at FB too. It doesn't mean it is a smart thing to do.

tk13
03-21-2006, 01:40 PM
With LJ as the official starter, I don't think we're going to run quite as many tosses and sweeps... which probably played a part in this move. We'll see. There was a time when no one thought LJ could be as good as Priest Holmes. I think Ronnie Cruz can be as good as Tony Richardson. That's nothing against TRich at all, Cruz can be smashmouth blocker leading the way for LJ though. You watch... everybody that's dissing this now is gonna be going nuts with excitement the first time they see him totally destroy somebody.

picasso
03-21-2006, 01:41 PM

I don't know about that exaggeration. I haven't seen TRich take out 4 tacklers at a time. Geez give some credit to the RBs we have. Priest followed him to get to the 2nd level but he also followed Roaf and Casey. And LJ still ended up last year with those 4 tacklers you mentioned hanging on his back going down field.

RedThat
how pissed are you going to be when I tell you the deal is actually 2.5 million dollars TOTAL?

Oh ok. It was actually a 2 year deal worth 2.5 million is what you're saying?

Even better. :shake:

bringbackmarty
I would say he is like the liver, or perhaps the thyroid. More than the kidney. Replacing him with a transplant is far more dangerous.

picasso
03-21-2006, 01:43 PM
LJ wouldn't go down though!

Short Leash Hootie
03-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Oh ok. It was actually a 2 year deal worth 2.5 million is what you're saying?

Even better. :shake:
Technically, it is still a very expensive contract for a fullback.

RedThat
03-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Technically, it is still a very expensive contract for a fullback.

A contract like that isn't much for one of the better FB's in the league.

*Lamar is cheap.

Short Leash Hootie
03-21-2006, 01:47 PM
A contract like that isn't much for one of the better FB's in the league.

*Lamar is cheap.
I find it hard to believe the Chiefs couldn't pony up a 1 year deal for the guy worth about 1.5 million.

Maybe Carl has plans after all?

We'll see.

Baby Lee
03-21-2006, 01:48 PM
I don't know about that exaggeration. I haven't seen TRich take out 4 tacklers at a time. Geez give some credit to the RBs we have. Priest followed him to get to the 2nd level but he also followed Roaf and Casey. And LJ still ended up last year with those 4 tacklers you mentioned hanging on his back going down field.
Go back two years, check in around the time Priest was chasing the TD record and check out the goal to go runs, there were several where T-Rich was fully supine, blocking guys with his torso, arms, feet, w/Priest getting the corner and literally walking in, insane.

RedThat
03-21-2006, 01:52 PM
I find it hard to believe the Chiefs couldn't pony up a 1 year deal for the guy worth about 1.5 million.

Maybe Carl has plans after all?

We'll see.

We let T-Rich go, I hope we can make up for it by getting a really good player on defense.

DJJasonp
03-21-2006, 01:52 PM
didnt we get a new director of player personnel?

Man...not a good decision at all....this is going to hurt.

WOnder how Rufus will "spin" this one....

Ultra Peanut
03-21-2006, 01:55 PM

Chiefnj
03-21-2006, 01:56 PM
Carl re-signed Carlos Hall and Damon Huard. What more do you greedy SOB's want??

It would have been better if T Rich went to Washington; the Planet meltdown would have been just a tad bit more fun that way.

I just can't get bent out of shape over the loss of a 34 year old FB who's best days are way behind him.

RedThat
03-21-2006, 01:58 PM
didnt we get a new director of player personnel?

Man...not a good decision at all....this is going to hurt.

WOnder how Rufus will "spin" this one....

Oh it wouldn't surprise me if he went into content explaining how he admires Carl Petersons business savy. He'll look for ways to show that the Chiefs are doing a good job. All bullsh*t.

ct
03-21-2006, 01:58 PM
It's the NFL folks. Older, fan favorite players move on all the time. They want more $ than the hometown team can afford, or feels is worthy of an aging player. It sucks, but it is what it is.

RedThat
03-21-2006, 02:04 PM
It's the NFL folks. Older, fan favorite players move on all the time. They want more $ than the hometown team can afford, or feels is worthy of an aging player. It sucks, but it is what it is.

C'mon man....what is a 2 year, 2.5 million dollar deal? For one of the better blocking FB's in the league?

The Chiefs passed on this. Failing to realize T-Rich was one of their better players the last 5,6 years. This sucks. This organization lost something "good" today.

Clearly a bad move letting him go. He was one of our better blockers, and I don't care what anyone says, he contributed largely to the success of Priest Holmes, and Larry Johnson. We lost a good guy. Makes me think, WTF are the Chiefs REALLY doing this off-season?

The Bad Guy
03-21-2006, 02:07 PM
C'mon man....what is a 2 year, 2.5 million dollar deal? For one of the better blocking FB's in the league?

The Chiefs passed on this. Failing to realize T-Rich was one of their better players the last 5,6 years. This sucks. This organization lost something "good" today.

Clearly a bad move letting him go. He was one of our better blockers, and I don't care what anyone says, he contributed largely to the success of Priest Holmes, and Larry Johnson. We lost a good guy. Makes me think, WTF are the Chiefs REALLY doing this off-season?

Losing Tony Richardson made you think what the **** we are doing?

I'm not terribly pissed about this. Yeah, he was a great lead blocker. There are a lot of great lead blockers out there.

1.25 million per year is some change for a position that typically makes the league minimum.

He did have a hand in their success. But their success began and ended with the offensive line and they are still around, which is far more important.

Go out and sign Fred Beasley for half of what T-Rich got and we won't miss a whole lot except for his leadership.

ct
03-21-2006, 02:07 PM
I'm not likin this either RedBull. But answer me this, how much do FBs make?

RedThat
03-21-2006, 02:36 PM
I'm not likin this either RedBull. But answer me this, how much do FBs make?

I don't know how much FB's make. But I definately woulda gave T-Rich his 1.25 million per year.

Inspector
03-21-2006, 02:39 PM
So....did we come to a concensus?

Is it a spleen or a kidney?

RedThat
03-21-2006, 02:40 PM
Losing Tony Richardson made you think what the **** we are doing?

I'm not terribly pissed about this. Yeah, he was a great lead blocker. There are a lot of great lead blockers out there.

1.25 million per year is some change for a position that typically makes the league minimum.

He did have a hand in their success. But their success began and ended with the offensive line and they are still around, which is far more important.

Go out and sign Fred Beasley for half of what T-Rich got and we won't miss a whole lot except for his leadership.

Bad Guy Im upset because we lost an integral part of our offense. yeah you can replace T-Rich with a Fred Beasley. But my point is, why not even elect to re-sign T-Rich? He's been here a long time, and is familiar with the teams chemistry and success. Something you don't want to mess up.

I know we have a good line, but losing a great FB really hurts. T-Rich was a great blocker, and I'm wondering who do we have that will be able to pickup and contain blitzes the way he did?

Chiefnj
03-21-2006, 02:40 PM
It just happens that the NYJ's FB is a free agent.

The Bad Guy
03-21-2006, 02:46 PM
Bad Guy Im upset because we lost an integral part of our offense. yeah you can replace T-Rich with a Fred Beasley. But my point is, why not even elect to re-sign T-Rich? He's been here a long time, and is familiar with the teams chemistry and success. Something you don't want to mess up.

I know we have a good line, but losing a great FB really hurts. T-Rich was a great blocker, and I'm wondering who do we have that will be able to pickup and contain blitzes the way he did?

Integral? Yeah, he was great. But there are blocking backs available in free agency. In terms of severe importance, I'd list him as the 10th most important player on this offense.

1 being Green, 2 being Roaf, 3 - LJ, 4 - Gonzalez, 5- Waters, 6- Shields, 7- Weigmann, 8 - Welbourne, 9- Kennison, 10- T-Rich, 11-Parker.

I just don't see the reason to pump over a million into a position that there are younger options for.

I'm not ragging on T-Rich here. I loved him as a Chief. Great guy. But, he's 34 and you don't give 34-year olds 2.5 million over 2 years in a position that isn't really compensated in the NFL.

As I said, Fred Beasley could do just as good of a job as a blocking back as T-Rich.

TEX
03-21-2006, 02:49 PM
I don't know how much FB's make. But I definately woulda gave T-Rich his 1.25 million per year.

Yep.

58-4ever
03-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Integral? Yeah, he was great. But there are blocking backs available in free agency. In terms of severe importance, I'd list him as the 10th most important player on this offense.

1 being Green, 2 being Roaf, 3 - LJ, 4 - Gonzalez, 5- Waters, 6- Shields, 7- Weigmann, 8 - Welbourne, 9- Kennison, 10- T-Rich, 11-Parker.

I just don't see the reason to pump over a million into a position that there are younger options for.

I'm not ragging on T-Rich here. I loved him as a Chief. Great guy. But, he's 34 and you don't give 34-year olds 2.5 million over 2 years in a position that isn't really compensated in the NFL.

As I said, Fred Beasley could do just as good of a job as a blocking back as T-Rich.

Your point about the $ is well taken, but to suggest Fred Beasley is as good of a blocker as T-Rich is just stupid.

The Bad Guy
03-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Your point about the $ is well taken, but to suggest Fred Beasley is as good of a blocker as T-Rich is just stupid.

If you've watched some 49er games, you would know that Beasley is an excellent blocker.

ct
03-21-2006, 02:57 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall TRich's last contract was 4 years $5M. Who's got an NFLPA link with salaries?

ct
03-21-2006, 02:57 PM
If you've watched some 49er games, you would know that Beasley is an excellent blocker.

Beasley is solid, no question.