PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard from Skip?

Bob Dole
03-21-2006, 09:42 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2006/US/03/20/boy.shot.ap/story.martin.police.ap.jpg

'I just killed a kid'
Neighbor charged with shooting teen who walked on his grass

BATAVIA, Ohio (AP) -- A man who neighbors say was devoted to his meticulously kept lawn was charged with murder in the shooting of a 15-year-old boy who apparently walked across his yard.

Charles Martin called 911 on Sunday afternoon, saying calmly: "I just killed a kid."

Police, who released the call's contents, said Martin also told the dispatcher: "I've been harassed by him and his parents for five years. Today just blew it up." (Watch for the 911 call from the accused shooter -- 1:46)

Larry Mugrage, whose family lived next door, was shot in the chest with a shotgun. The high school freshman was pronounced dead at a hospital.

Martin, 66, allegedly told police he had several times had problems with neighbors walking on his lawn. He remained jailed without bond Monday. His jailers said no attorney was listed for him.

Neighbors said Martin lived alone quietly, often sitting in front of his one-story home with its neat lawn, well-trimmed shrubbery and flag pole with U.S. and Navy flags flying.

Joanne Ritchie, 46, said Mugrage was known as "a good kid." She said she always also considered Martin to be friendly.

Union Township is near Batavia, about 20 miles east of Cincinnati, Ohio.

jspchief
03-21-2006, 09:45 AM
It's about time these damn kids learned to respect other people's property.

Dartgod
03-21-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm not defending the old geezer in any way or saying the kid deserved this, but I would bet the guy had asked the kid more than once not to walk in his yard. The kid, being a teenager, probably thought, "yeah right, try to stop me, old man." :shake:

PastorMikH
03-21-2006, 09:48 AM
That's terrible. Would it have bothered the dude to put up a decorative fence or hedge? I guess he will really be up a creek now when all those some young punk inmates are walking on the weed he's trying to grow in the crack in the sidewalk.

JimNasium
03-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Kid must have been a noob.

FAX
03-21-2006, 10:03 AM
Smith And Wesson. Guaranteed to keep your lawn looking great all spring long.

FAX

HemiEd
03-21-2006, 10:07 AM
Punishment may have been a little harsh for the kids lack of respect.

Rain Man
03-21-2006, 10:12 AM
Is blood good for grass or bad for grass?

jspchief
03-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Punishment may have been a little harsh for the kids lack of respect.Harsh, but effective.
10 to 1 says the kids never sets foot on his lawn again.

JimNasium
03-21-2006, 10:14 AM
Is blood good for grass or bad for grass?
Are we talking Kentucky bluegrass or zoysia?

Bob Dole
03-21-2006, 10:26 AM
Are we talking Kentucky bluegrass or zoysia?

Zoysia probably doesn't do well in Ohio.

KCFalcon59
03-21-2006, 10:53 AM
That's terrible. Would it have bothered the dude to put up a decorative fence or hedge? I guess he will really be up a creek now when all those some young punk inmates are walking on the weed he's trying to grow in the crack in the sidewalk.

That wouldn't have stopped him. A friend of mine lived next door to me growing up, and his dad used to cuss us out constantly for wearing a path across his yard. Heck there were bushes that separated our yards and we just snuck through a crack in the bushes, or we would climb the fence near the back yard. That chain link fence got pushed down near a foot from all the traffic. No matter how much he yelled he could never stop us.

We drove him crazy. heh. :D

Cave Johnson
03-21-2006, 11:02 AM
Harsh, but effective.

10 to 1 the shooter never sets foot on his lawn again. At 64, he'll die in prison.

Bwana
03-21-2006, 11:03 AM
Smith And Wesson. Guaranteed to keep your lawn looking great all spring long.

FAX

You won't stay off the lawn huh? Well then, let me introduce you to my little friend!

greg63
03-21-2006, 11:06 AM

Yep! :thumb:

Man I wish I could be flip about this subject but I have a 15 year old and this hits pretty close to home for me.

Dunit35
03-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Harsh, but effective.

10 to 1 says kids will stomp all over that mans lawn now.

HemiEd
03-21-2006, 11:09 AM
Harsh, but effective.

Yep, he is going to be pushing it up from the bottom now.

Bacon Cheeseburger
03-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Man I wish I could be flip about this subject but I have a 15 year old and this hits pretty close to home for me.

The old coot wasn't just randomly gunning down kids, and you've probably taught your kid to respect other's property. No, the kid didn't deserve to die for it, but this obviously goes way deeper than him walking across the grass a few times. There just isn't much recourse against troublemaking kids, if the parents aren't going to do anything about it you're basically fooked. I've had to deal with neighborhood troublemakers before and I feel the guy's frustration.

Bwana
03-21-2006, 11:29 AM
The old coot wasn't just randomly gunning down kids, and you've probably taught your kid to respect other's property. No, the kid didn't deserve to die for it, but this obviously goes way deeper than him walking across the grass a few times. There just isn't much recourse against troublemaking kids, if the parents aren't going to do anything about it you're basically fooked. I've had to deal with neighborhood troublemakers before and I feel the guy's frustration.

Ding! We have a winner, well said.

PastorMikH
03-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Harsh, but effective.

20 to life says he won't be living there much longer.

ct
03-21-2006, 11:33 AM
A nice air-powered pellet to the ass would have done the trick. A buckshot to the chest was fukin stupid. Rot in jail you old loon geezer, hope you get packed a few times before you croak.

Dartgod
03-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Ding! We have a winner, well said.
Ahem..

I'm not defending the old geezer in any way or saying the kid deserved this, but I would bet the guy had asked the kid more than once not to walk in his yard. The kid, being a teenager, probably thought, "yeah right, try to stop me, old man." :shake:

greg63
03-21-2006, 11:40 AM

Yes, I have tried to instill those kinds of values into my kids. However, this just all goes to show that you simply don't know how actions are going to be perceived by others.

Good post!

Bwana
03-21-2006, 11:47 AM
Ahem..

Ooopsie Poopsie! :eek: Sorry, Bob, I need to hook you up with a door prize as well, great post.

thebrad84
03-21-2006, 11:56 AM
A nice air-powered pellet to the ass would have done the trick. A buckshot to the chest was fukin stupid. Rot in jail you old loon geezer, hope you get packed a few times before you croak.

Agreed. The kid was 15 years old! I don't care how many times he walked across the guys yard...he was freaking 15, he had the whole world ahead of him. Some guy who is slowly rotting away and has nothing in his life but his precious grass decides it's ok to take the kids life away from him because he walked on his grass. The kid was 15 years old..I bet you when you guys were 15 you disrespected elders, whether it was your parents/teachers/neighbors, but does that mean you deserved to have some old coot fill you with lead bb's? I mean, I can see how the old man may have been frustrated by the kids lack of respect, but you don't take out a 12 gauge and stick it to his chest and pull the trigger...good lord. I'm with Coryt, get a pellet gun, bb gun, rocks, a water hose, water balloons..anything that is a little bit more creative than a 12 gauge to the chest. :shake:

DeepSouth
03-21-2006, 12:02 PM
I thought Skip lived in his van?

Mr. Martin should have just hired some gang kids to beat the crap out of the 15 year old punk.

Or, he could have installed some landmines in his yard?

Or, maybe some bear traps?

Bwana
03-21-2006, 12:04 PM

Mr. Martin should have just hired some gang kids to beat the crap out of the 15 year old punk.

To be honest, a well placed bird bomb would have taken care of the problem. :hmmm:

sedated
03-21-2006, 12:08 PM
f*ck children, they all deserve to die

one down, millions to go...

Bob Dole
03-21-2006, 06:01 PM
Agreed. The kid was 15 years old! I don't care how many times he walked across the guys yard...he was freaking 15, he had the whole world ahead of him.

And the fact that he was unwilling to respect the private property of others after repeated requests, likely means it would have been a dandy world, indeed!

Some guy who is slowly rotting away and has nothing in his life but his precious grass decides it's ok to take the kids life away from him because he walked on his grass. The kid was 15 years old..I bet you when you guys were 15 you disrespected elders, whether it was your parents/teachers/neighbors...

Actually, no. Bob Dole didn't disrespect adults. Of course, that was a world where any adult could snatch any disrespectful little shitbag up by his earlobes and drag his stupid ass home, where the kid's father would promptly put an ass-burn on the kid that he wouldn't soon forget. Oh...and neither the father OR neighbor needed worry that some mamby-pamby jackass in a robe would throw them in jail for "abuse".

I mean, I can see how the old man may have been frustrated by the kids lack of respect, but you don't take out a 12 gauge and stick it to his chest and pull the trigger...good lord. I'm with Coryt, get a pellet gun, bb gun, rocks, a water hose, water balloons..anything that is a little bit more creative than a 12 gauge to the chest. :shake:

Why? Given the current social and legal climate, doing any of your suggestions likely carries the same penalty.

Skip Towne
03-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Ahem..
Yeah, I repped you for that one.

Skip Towne
03-21-2006, 06:15 PM

Why, I oughtta.....................rochambeau

JBucc
03-21-2006, 06:19 PM
I'm going to start shooting all the senile old geezers that wander through my yard

Skip Towne
03-21-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm going to start shooting all the senile old geezers that wander through my yard
What's your address?

JBucc
03-21-2006, 06:24 PM
What's your address?31 Wet Beaver Rd.

Calcountry
03-21-2006, 06:24 PM
That's terrible. Would it have bothered the dude to put up a decorative fence or hedge? I guess he will really be up a creek now when all those some young punk inmates are walking on the weed he's trying to grow in the crack in the sidewalk.They should allow nature to take its course with his house, and parole him in 5 years to see the results.

Lzen
03-21-2006, 07:46 PM
That........

is fugged up.

Bob Dole
03-21-2006, 10:51 PM

As long as you're aware that most "old geezers" are better armed and quite capable of returning fire.

dj56dt58
03-21-2006, 11:39 PM
Yeah..so he did the right thing by killing him. You wanna talk about teens, like your supposed to be an older, mature person, and you make a post basically saying the kid deserved to be killed for walking on his grass? Dumbass

Inspector
03-22-2006, 06:02 AM
Wow.

I just try to be friendly with the few kids around here and so far I haven't had any problems with them. I think you probably catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

It's really a shame that some parents don't raise their kids to have more respect for others.

It's also a shame some older folks can't have a little more control over their anger. Hollering, yelling, calling the police, whatever is a far different thing than killing someone. He probably should have considered a different way to deal with the punk neighbor.

Or at least been a little more sneaky about it.

JBucc
03-22-2006, 06:29 AM
As long as you're aware that most "old geezers" are better armed and quite capable of returning fire.No, these are OLD geezers that escaped from the home and are lost. I don't think anyone would miss them.

morphius
03-23-2006, 02:49 PM
I think they found him! I knew the bastard was old, but damn...

http://www.wired.com/news/wireservice/0,70480-0.html?tw=rss.index

(Completely Work Safe)

Dartgod
03-23-2006, 03:02 PM
Yeah..so he did the right thing by killing him. You wanna talk about teens, like your supposed to be an older, mature person, and you make a post basically saying the kid deserved to be killed for walking on his grass? DumbassTry reading my post before making idiotic comments like this.I'm not defending the old geezer in any way or saying the kid deserved this, but I would bet the guy had asked the kid more than once not to walk in his yard. The kid, being a teenager, probably thought, "yeah right, try to stop me, old man." :shake:

Jenny Gump
03-23-2006, 03:31 PM
Is it true that Skip is taking the dirt nap?

ENDelt260
03-23-2006, 03:34 PM
Ooopsie Poopsie!

ROFL

ENDelt260
03-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Yeah..so he did the right thing by killing him. You wanna talk about teens, like your supposed to be an older, mature person, and you make a post basically saying the kid deserved to be killed for walking on his grass? Dumbass
You have severe reading comprehension issues.

morphius
03-23-2006, 03:54 PM
You have severe reading comprehension issues.
and thats okay, 'cause he's good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it, he likes himself.

chiefs4me
03-23-2006, 04:33 PM

:clap:

Bwana
03-23-2006, 05:41 PM
and thats okay, 'cause he's good enough, smart enough, and gosh darn it, he likes himself.
Heh!