PDA

View Full Version : Need a quick answer here ............

ROYC75
03-21-2006, 01:41 PM
I know this belongs in the pc room, but my grandkid somehow got the start window and taskbar moved to the right side of the pc.

How do I get it back to the bottom ?

cookster50
03-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Click it and drag it back

jAZ
03-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Click in the middle of the toolbar and drag it to the bottom.

cookster50
03-21-2006, 01:44 PM
Click and drag, don't release the click until it is back to the bottom. Then you can right click on the taskbar and click Lock the Taskbar to prevent it from happening again.

ROYC75
03-21-2006, 01:46 PM
Tried all that. I can click it and move it left or right.But not up or down . Weird ........

cookster50
It might help if you cut of your grandkid's offending hand as punishment. That way, the rest of your relatives will know to leave your computer alone.

KCFalcon59
Rich Scanlon could move it back using his mental telepathy!

dr00d
03-21-2006, 01:47 PM
Problem: My Taskbar used to be at the bottom, but now it's against the right side of my screen. Sometimes it flips to the left side or the top. How do I get it back? And sometimes my Taskbar is just a sliver at the bottom of the screen. How do I get it to reappear?
Solutions: If the Taskbar has moved, click a blank area of the Taskbar, hold the button down and drag the Taskbar back to the bottom of the screen. If the Taskbar is almost hidden, click the visible edge, hold the button down and drag the edge up until the Taskbar is the normal size.

http://aroundcny.com/technofile/texts/tec101198.html

google is your friend.

ROYC75
03-21-2006, 01:48 PM

Then call him, I don't have a # .

sedated
03-21-2006, 01:48 PM
Shoot your grandkid in the chest with a shotgun.

We need to teach these kids some real discipline

Saulbadguy
03-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Scanlon is a piece of shit and would surely not know how to move a taskbar.

ROYC75
03-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Problem: My Taskbar used to be at the bottom, but now it's against the right side of my screen. Sometimes it flips to the left side or the top. How do I get it back? And sometimes my Taskbar is just a sliver at the bottom of the screen. How do I get it to reappear?
Solutions: If the Taskbar has moved, click a blank area of the Taskbar, hold the button down and drag the Taskbar back to the bottom of the screen. If the Taskbar is almost hidden, click the visible edge, hold the button down and drag the edge up until the Taskbar is the normal size.

http://aroundcny.com/technofile/texts/tec101198.html

google is your friend.

Tried all that. It's unlocked too. I can move it left or to the right . But not up or down ...........
:banghead:

dr00d
03-21-2006, 01:50 PM
you need to bring it all the way down to the bottom of the screen...don't just move it towards the bottom and let it go...you will see a ghosted image of the toolbar (kinda) down there when you can let it go.

Lzen
03-21-2006, 01:51 PM

ROFL

cookster50
03-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Tried all that. It's unlocked too. I can move it left or to the right . But not up or down ...........
:banghead:

I bet that roy jr could fix it while going broke with Scanlon.

shakesthecat
03-21-2006, 01:53 PM
First a slanderous column by some hack sportswriter followed directly by a heartbreaking KU loss, and now THIS!

Stay strong, Roy!

ROYC75
03-21-2006, 01:55 PM
you need to bring it all the way down to the bottom of the screen...don't just move it towards the bottom and let it go...you will see a ghosted image of the toolbar (kinda) down there when you can let it go.

Normally in the past, I have been able to click it and watch it move down, just like I do when it moves to the left or right .

But today, it won't click anyplace for up or down...... again, it will for left or right.

Like I said....weird.

cookster50
03-21-2006, 01:56 PM
Stay strong, Roy!

Nah, life isn't worth living. Time to end it. Tell your wife what you really think about her. That should do it.

ROYC75
03-21-2006, 01:56 PM
First a slanderous column by some hack sportswriter followed directly by a heartbreaking KU loss, and now THIS!

Stay strong, Roy!

:rolleyes:

Fish
03-21-2006, 01:57 PM
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:BJEpLoOZq-MG5M:midek.trinity-group.net/Monitor/tft1520rotate1.jpg

??

Saulbadguy
03-21-2006, 01:57 PM
ROFL

Gonzo
03-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Is it really that bad on the side? Turn on the auto hide.... That way you won't even notice it. Then go see a shrink about your O.C.D.

ROYC75
03-21-2006, 02:11 PM
The damn thing is giving me fits. After doing what I have always done, multiple times today, it finally moved down to the bottom.

However the size of it is still rather large. I can't seem to get it smaller now,again using the same click and drag methods.

Ultra Peanut
03-21-2006, 02:11 PM
It might help if you cut of your grandkid's offending hand as punishment. That way, the rest of your relatives will know to leave your computer alone.That will also teach him not to steal from FAO al-Jibaaly Muhammed a-Abat.

Gonzo
03-21-2006, 02:24 PM

Jeez, that's your answer to everything.... My toilet won't flush, shoot ROYC75's grandkid in the chest. My car won't start, shoot ROYC75's grandkid in the chest. Is this really working for you? Is this a cureall? I mean if it does work, let me know. I'll find someone's grandkid to shoot ASAP.

ROYC75
03-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Damn Funky PC........ Every damn thing I tried earlier didn;t work. But now it does ?

Don't ask me.......... it's back to normal, but I have no flippin answers to give ya.None I tell ya.

Phobia
03-21-2006, 02:34 PM
Here's your answer. Keep everybody off your bread and butter. You make your living with your PC. If you were a race car driver would you let the grandkids drive it around the yard?

III jacked up your work 'puters dozens of times and now the grandkids. It sounds to me like the problem isn't the kids, computer, nor the grandkids. It's a push-over grandpa.

PastorMikH
03-21-2006, 02:38 PM

That might be a bit over-kill.

(I just couldn't bring myself to use that one on the other thread)

Skip Towne
03-21-2006, 02:39 PM
I bet that roy jr could fix it while going broke with Scanlon.
Yeah, that's it. Let Roy jr. work on it.

Inspector
03-21-2006, 02:43 PM
Here's your answer. Keep everybody off your bread and butter. You make your living with your PC. If you were a race car driver would you let the grandkids drive it around the yard?

III jacked up your work 'puters dozens of times and now the grandkids. It sounds to me like the problem isn't the kids, computer, nor the grandkids. It's a push-over grandpa.

We have the "push-over" grandpa problem at our house too...

Clearly, it's time for a new computer Roy. A really expensive new computer. Sorry.

KCTitus
03-21-2006, 02:45 PM
You can click and drag the start bar to any of the four borders of the screen. Just click on it and drag it back. Make sure it's not locked in place before you try to drag it, though. Right click and see if 'Lock the task bar' is checked.

When you move it back, I'd suggest locking it.

ROYC75
03-21-2006, 09:58 PM

:p OK, you are partially correct. But it wasn't my pc I use for work. With 6 pc's in the house, they have there own pc for games, etc....

ROYC75
03-21-2006, 10:00 PM
You can click and drag the start bar to any of the four borders of the screen. Just click on it and drag it back. Make sure it's not locked in place before you try to drag it, though. Right click and see if 'Lock the task bar' is checked.

When you move it back, I'd suggest locking it.

I eventually got it done that way, the same way I was trying earlier, but it wasn't working. Don't know why, left it alone for 30 minutes, went back to it, on the very next try,it worked, doing it the same way I had tried earlier.

Again, I haven't a clue why it did this. I've had this happen before toour pc's with as many g/k's as I have and 6 pc's.

Just a weird day..........

Simplex3
03-21-2006, 10:23 PM
The damn thing is giving me fits. After doing what I have always done, multiple times today, it finally moved down to the bottom.
If this wasn't Winblows we were talking about I'd say you're full of it.

However the size of it is still rather large. I can't seem to get it smaller now,again using the same click and drag methods.
ROFL