PDA

View Full Version : King Carls Master Plan?

Halfcan
03-21-2006, 09:05 PM
Does he want the vote to fail so he can move the team to Kansas and get a 700 mil new stadium?

I have not heard much about it, plus the Cheaps have done zippo in the FA market.

SLAG
03-21-2006, 09:07 PM
Posted on Wed, Aug. 17, 2005
Need for deal on stadiums underlined
Topeka lunch bites Jackson County
By DEANN SMITH
The Kansas City Star

Chiefs president and general manager Carl Peterson wasn’t talking Tuesday about his lunch with the Kansas governor.

But others were buzzing about it — and that shows how sensitive talks have become over the Truman Sports Complex.

Jackson County officials said the lunch underscores the urgency of working out deals with the Chiefs and Royals to lock them into Kansas City at least through 2031.

Peterson sought out the lunch, which was on July 21 in the office of Gov. Kathleen Sebelius in Topeka.

“It was a strictly social lunch. There was no discussion related to moving of any kind,” Nicole Corcoran, spokeswoman for Sebelius, said Tuesday. “At this point, it is not something that is being discussed here. It is a little premature.”

After Chiefs practice Tuesday evening, Peterson declined to comment on why he asked for the meeting.

But that didn’t stop some Jackson County officials from speculating. And they didn’t think Peterson just wanted to hear about Sebelius’ love of blues music or NASCAR racing in Kansas City, Kan.

“He may be checking his options out in case we can’t get things done down here,” said Jackson County Legislator Fred Arbanas, who is taking on an increased role in the lease negotiations with the Chiefs and Royals. Arbanas, a member of the Chiefs Hall of Fame, said it is vital that Kansas City keep the two teams.

The chairman of the Jackson County Sports Complex Authority, Mike Smith, doesn’t think Peterson used the lunch with Sebelius to bluff Jackson County officials into a quick and sweet deal.

“I don’t think it’s a threat,” Smith said. “It is good business.”

He said he believes Peterson will listen to offers from other cities, including Los Angeles and San Antonio.

While Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt and his son, Clark, who is the team’s general manager, have been the visible face of the negotiations for the Chiefs, Smith said no one should underestimate Peterson’s role.

“You can’t discount Carl Peterson,” he said. “He is an important and a tough negotiator.”

Jackson County Executive Katheryn Shields was unavailable Tuesday. Previously she has said she fears Jackson County is in jeopardy of losing the Chiefs or Royals to states farther away than Kansas. Shields has asked Hunt and Royals owner David Glass to give the county extra time to make repairs and upgrades to Arrowhead and Kauffman stadiums.

If the extension isn’t given, then the county doesn’t have the money to make repairs due next year and will default on the leases, allowing the teams to become free agents. County officials are leaning toward seeking new 25-year leases with the teams and then asking Jackson County voters to approve hundreds of millions of dollars in renovations and upgrades at the stadiums.

During the sports authority’s monthly meeting Tuesday, Smith applauded the county legislature for increasing its involvement in the lease negotiations by naming a three-person negotiating committee.

Shields is calling for a meeting on Friday with the teams. It is expected the Royals will present their proposal for the future of Kauffman Stadium. The Chiefs have already done so for Arrowhead.

Misouri Rep. Bob Johnson, a Lee’s Summit Republican, said he will represent the Missouri House.

Smith said it is believed that Sens. Charlie Shields, a St. Joseph Republican, and Victor Callahan, an Independence Democrat, will represent the Missouri Senate.

“We are going to come out with a good product that people can accept,” Arbanas said. “People in Jackson County want to maintain these stadiums.”
First glance

■ Chiefs general manager Carl Peterson recently had lunch with Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius. Peterson was mum Tuesday about the lunch, while the governor’s office said the subject of the Chiefs moving to Kansas wasn’t discussed.

JBucc
03-21-2006, 09:11 PM
He wants to move the team to Little Rock

Halfcan
03-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Seriously, I f#ckin hate Carl. He is such a little weasle.

If Nicole the spokesperson says they didn't talk about the move-I believe her.

We have sold out Arrowhead for years watching shitty teams, now they are going to f#ck us over.

Dunit35
03-21-2006, 09:27 PM
King Carl doesn't have really have a plan. He's proved that a thousand times.

I guess if having subpar seasons every year is a plan, then I guess he does have a plan.

Mr. Laz
03-21-2006, 09:33 PM

I guess if having subpar seasons every year is a plan, then I guess he does have a plan.

i wouldn't put much stock in any carl plan ... 5 year or otherwise.

Halfcan
03-21-2006, 09:34 PM

I don't see how he has kept his job in the first place. To move the team on a lease issue, is pretty freakin low-so that makes me think he would do it in a heart beat.

Has anyone even seen a viable plan on the stadium upgrades-with a budget? What is the big secret they don't want taxpayers to find out-hidden cost, management fee to Carl, why not disclose all the numbers to the ones voting?

Halfcan
03-21-2006, 09:36 PM
i wouldn't put much stock in any carl plan ... 5 year or otherwise.
Why Not?
He weasled millions out of River Falls-all the while, flat out lying about bringing training camp to Missouri. He is a fraud! :cuss:

Mr. Laz
03-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Why Not?
He weasled millions out of River Falls-all the while, flat out lying about bringing training camp to Missouri. He is a fraud! :cuss:
i try not to put stock in frauds

Logical
03-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Everyone should consider themselves lucky if the Chiefs only move to the Kansas side of the line.

Dave Lane
03-21-2006, 09:49 PM
After supper she got out her book and learned me about Moses and the Bulrushers, and I was in a sweat to find out all about him; but by and by she lit it out that Moses had been dead a considerable long time; so the I didn’t care no more about him, but I don’t take no stock in dead people.

Dave

Chan93lx50
03-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Everyone should consider themselves lucky if the Chiefs only move to the Kansas side of the line.

I agree, I have a sick feeling the people running the show have their sights set on LA.

**** Football its all about the money!

Halfcan
03-21-2006, 10:17 PM
I agree, I have a sick feeling the people running the show have their sights set on LA.

**** Football its all about the money!

To take a team away from the KC fans would be evil. I don't think I could hardly watch football again-Pro anyway.

unlurking
03-21-2006, 10:55 PM
If the team is moved, it is according to the Hunt plan.

BigRock
03-21-2006, 10:56 PM
If the Chiefs not signing anybody in FA has anything to do with how people vote, they deserve whatever happens.

Simplex3
03-21-2006, 11:07 PM
To take a team away from the KC fans would be evil. I don't think I could hardly watch football again-Pro anyway.
I like cheering for the Bucs but I've never lived in Tampa. My first NFL game was watching them lose to someone while wearing those hideous orange and white uni's. The team doesn't have to be in your city to cheer for them.

Why do people feel like they have to cheer for teams in their town? Basically you're cheering for a rich guy that's f**king you over with taxes that he uses to buy himself more s**t so he can charge you more to enjoy the product he's selling you. Seems a little silly, no?

ragedogg69
03-21-2006, 11:08 PM
Seems like Carl is becoming the NFL version of Isiah Thomas....

sad really.

CHENZ A!
03-22-2006, 12:16 AM
I like cheering for the Bucs but I've never lived in Tampa. My first NFL game was watching them lose to someone while wearing those hideous orange and white uni's. The team doesn't have to be in your city to cheer for them.

Why do people feel like they have to cheer for teams in their town? Basically you're cheering for a rich guy that's f**king you over with taxes that he uses to buy himself more s**t so he can charge you more to enjoy the product he's selling you. Seems a little silly, no?

You have reason to root for the Bucs, it was your first game, and assuming you are a football fan, that's a milestone in your life. If you have grown up somewhere your entire life, also been a football fan, why wouldn't you root for the hometown or have a little pride in where you're from? Every owner in the league is rich, so thats just not a good enough reason to me.

Rausch
03-22-2006, 12:20 AM

Never happen.

If they leave it won't be for Kansas...

greg63
03-22-2006, 12:26 AM
Hey, this would explain why he's in the sixteenth year of his five year plan to get to the Super Bowl. :p :D

CoMoChief
03-22-2006, 12:34 AM
Seriously, I f#ckin hate Carl. He is such a little weasle.

If Nicole the spokesperson says they didn't talk about the move-I believe her.

We have sold out Arrowhead for years watching shitty teams, now they are going to f#ck us over.

It's all business. If Lamar knew he could make more money somewhere else thats exactly what he would do. Its all about the dollars. To play bigtime you have to pay bigtime.

BIG K
03-22-2006, 12:35 AM
Hey, this would explain why his in the sixteenth year of his five year plan to get to the Super Bowl. :p :D

I hear L.A is looking for a team! :) I'd drive the four hours to see them play... :p

greg63
03-22-2006, 12:38 AM
I hear L.A is looking for a team! :) I'd drive the four hours to see them play... :p

ROFL

Yeah, and King Carl would take the team to the Super Bowl in five years; just ask him.

BIG K
03-22-2006, 12:45 AM
ROFL

Yeah, and King Carl would take the team to the Super Bowl in five years; just ask him.

Question is, would you support the Chief's as an out of state favorite as I have for sixteen years? :banghead:

Simplex3
03-22-2006, 12:46 AM
Question is, would you support the Chief's as an out of state favorite as I have for sixteen years? :banghead:
I'd give up on the Chiefs and pick some other AFC team. Probably the biggest reason I'm a Chiefs "fan" is because I see them on TV every weekend.

greg63
03-22-2006, 12:48 AM

...Been a Chiefs fan all my life; it would be next to impossible for me to do anything less.

So, in short, my 8 ball says: "Yes".

BIG K
03-22-2006, 12:48 AM
I'd give up on the Chiefs and pick some other AFC team. Probably the biggest reason I'm a Chiefs "fan" is because I see them on TV every weekend.

Get DirecTv...That's what I did in 93'.....

greg63
03-22-2006, 12:49 AM

I'd be givin Skip a call for sure.

BIG K
03-22-2006, 12:49 AM
...Been a Chiefs fan all my life; it would be next to impossible for me to do anything less.

So, in short, my 8 ball says: "Yes".

Ok, in light of your disparaging remarks a few days ago, I'll count you as 'ok'....

:)

Rausch
03-22-2006, 12:50 AM

No.

greg63
03-22-2006, 12:52 AM
Ok, in light of your disparaging remarks a few days ago, I'll count you as 'ok'....

:)

Oh, what a relief; I can rest easy tonight knowing that I meet with your approval. :p :)

BIG K
03-22-2006, 12:53 AM
Oh, what a relief; I can rest easy tonight knowing that I meet with your approval. :p :)

ROFL

luv
03-22-2006, 12:54 AM
You shouldn't have told him that.

BIG K
03-22-2006, 12:56 AM

You are just plain onry.......

Simplex3
03-22-2006, 12:56 AM
If I did that (again, mind you) I'd be on the Bucs games.

luv
03-22-2006, 12:57 AM
Nope, but I am ornery. :p

Simplex3
03-22-2006, 12:57 AM
No, she's hornry. It's kind of like that only a little different.

luv
03-22-2006, 12:58 AM
No, she's hornry. It's kind of like that only a little different.
Sounds interesting. You think I'm interesting?

BIG K
03-22-2006, 12:59 AM
Nope, but I am ornery. :p

Oops! Nixt time I will use the spelcheker.....

Simplex3
03-22-2006, 01:00 AM
Always. Say, how's the back treating you these days? Did the chiropracter help?

luv
03-22-2006, 01:02 AM
Always. Say, how's the back treating you these days? Did the chiropracter help?
WONDERFUL!!!!

A plus is that the guy who puts my harness on me for the table is cute. Taken, of course, but cute.

I'm halfway through with my treatments, and I'm feeling so much better!

luv
03-22-2006, 01:02 AM
Oops! Nixt time I will use the spelcheker.....
You're hopeless. :p

Simplex3
03-22-2006, 01:03 AM
WONDERFUL!!!!

A plus is that the guy who puts my harness on me for the table is cute. Taken, of course, but cute.

I'm halfway through with my treatments, and I'm feeling so much better!
Glad to hear it. Is the guy that puts in the ball gag cute too?

:evil:

BIG K
03-22-2006, 01:05 AM
You're hopeless. :p

Took you this long to figure that out?

luv
03-22-2006, 01:06 AM
Glad to hear it. Is the guy that puts in the ball gag cute too?

:evil:
You're gonna give me such sweet dreams tonight. ROFL

luv
03-22-2006, 01:06 AM
Took you this long to figure that out?
ima widdle slow........

Simplex3
03-22-2006, 01:07 AM
You're gonna give me such sweet dreams tonight. ROFL
Maybe you could tell my wife that I am, in fact, good for SOMETHING.

BIG K
03-22-2006, 01:08 AM
ima widdle slow........

Four days and counting... :banghead:

Nite all....

luv
03-22-2006, 01:08 AM
Maybe you could tell my wife that I am, in fact, good for SOMETHING.
Why would I lie to your wife? :p

Simplex3
03-22-2006, 01:09 AM
In all seriousness, if I wasn't happily married I'd ask you out. You have your act together, you're nice, what's not to like?

luv
03-22-2006, 01:09 AM

Nite all....
Sweet dreams....

Don't fret.

greg63
03-22-2006, 01:10 AM

I know, sometimes I just speak without thinking....er, I mean most of the time I speak without....oh, never mind; I never think. :shake:

Carry on; if it ain't too heavy. :D

Simplex3
03-22-2006, 01:11 AM
Why would I lie to your wife? :p

luv
In all seriousness, if I wasn't happily married I'd ask you out. You have your act together, you're nice, what's not to like?
Wow. I'm...uhhh...speechless.

I hear stuff like that a lot, yet I'm single.

BIG K
Sweet dreams....

Don't fret.

Easier said than done. G'night anyway... :(

greg63

Nite all....
Nite buddy.

greg63
03-22-2006, 01:14 AM

I hear stuff like that a lot, yet I'm single.

Well, I'm convinced that the problem does not lie with you Luv. ;)

FWIW.

Simplex3
03-22-2006, 01:14 AM

I hear stuff like that a lot, yet I'm single. Obviously there's something somewhere wrong. Don't get me started...
Are your standards too high? Do you try to meet people at the right places? PS, the strip joint and bar by your office aren't "the right places".

It'll happen. Sometimes it just takes longer than we think it should, but that's just nature's way of telling you something isn't just right yet. When everything is right the guy will be there. Hell, you're still in your early 20's, right?

luv
03-22-2006, 01:15 AM
Are your standards too high? Do you try to meet people at the right places? PS, the strip joint and bar by your office aren't "the right places".

It'll happen. Sometimes it just takes longer than we think it should, but that's just nature's way of telling you something isn't just right yet. When everything is right the guy will be there. Hell, you're still in your early 20's, right?
I'll be 30 in November.

Simplex3
03-22-2006, 01:17 AM
I'll be 30 in November.
No worries then. You're just waiting for Mr. Right to dump that skeevy skank whore he married before he knew better.

luv
03-22-2006, 01:21 AM
No worries then. You're just waiting for Mr. Right to dump that skeevy skank whore he married before he knew better.
This cute physical therapists is dating some 21 year old, and he graduated from high school the same year I did. The guy that I was currently interested in at work (who is about a year younger than me) just started dating a 23 year old (which isn't as bad).

I don't go to bars or clubs much anymore. Clubs make me feel old. That, plus I would never pick up a guy in a bar.

luv
03-22-2006, 01:22 AM
ANYWAY.................

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.

greg63
03-22-2006, 01:23 AM
This cute physical therapists is dating some 21 year old, and he graduated from high school the same year I did. The guy that I was currently interested in at work (who is about a year younger than me) just started dating a 23 year old (which isn't as bad).

I don't go to bars or clubs much anymore. Clubs make me feel old. That, plus I would never pick up a guy in a bar.

That just goes to show that guys your age are idiots Luv. :D

Seriously though I think Simplex is right in that it is only a matter of time.

Simplex3
03-22-2006, 01:24 AM
That, plus I would never pick up a guy in a bar.
I actually met my wife in a bar. It was the same night I had finally convinced myself that being a kept man wouldn't be so bad and I was going to go home with this late 40's divorce that had been hitting on me for months.

Funny how things work out.

At the time my life was lifting weights, I was 6'0 225lbs and ripped. Even funnier how marriage, kids, and a career will totally screw up your priorities.

Simplex3
03-22-2006, 01:27 AM
ANYWAY.................

Back to your regularly scheduled thread.
Damnit, this is a properly hijacked thread. We now own this thread.

luv
03-22-2006, 01:29 AM

Okay, but my love life (or lack thereof) is not my favorite topic of conversation.

greg63
03-22-2006, 01:30 AM

ROFL
I'll buy that for $250.00

Simplex3
03-22-2006, 01:30 AM
Okay, but my love life (or lack thereof) is not my favorite topic of conversation.
How 'bout them... uh... err... well... hmm...

I got nothin'. :shrug:

luv
03-22-2006, 01:31 AM
ROFL
GOOD! You pick the next topic then! :D

Simplex3
03-22-2006, 01:31 AM
ROFL
I accept all major credit cards and Paypal.

greg63
03-22-2006, 01:32 AM
How 'bout them... uh... err... well... hmm...

I got nothin'. :shrug:

.....Ummmmmmmm???

luv
03-22-2006, 01:32 AM
I'm a type 2 personality.

greg63
03-22-2006, 01:33 AM
GOOD! You pick the next topic then! :D

Astrophysics???

greg63
03-22-2006, 01:34 AM
I accept all major credit cards and Paypal.

The bank just foreclosed on all my properties and motels; I'm broke. :deevee:

Simplex3
03-22-2006, 01:34 AM
I'm a type 2 personality.
I'd say that's our next topic because I have no f**king clue what that means.

Simplex3
03-22-2006, 01:35 AM
The bank just foreclosed on all my properties and motels; I'm broke. :deevee:
Don't let recxjake find out, he'll think you're worthless.

greg63
03-22-2006, 01:35 AM

I'm at a loss. :shrug:

greg63
03-22-2006, 01:36 AM
Don't let recxjake find out, he'll think you're worthless.

*whisper* Oh, ok; shhhhhhhhhh

Simplex3
03-22-2006, 01:36 AM
Damnit, someone needs to create a website that will randomly generate topics for discussion. Night crews everywhere need that service.

greg63
03-22-2006, 01:38 AM
Damnit, someone needs to create a website that will randomly generate topics for discussion. Night crews everywhere need that service.

...Yep; but the only mod awake at this time would be Endelt, and odds of him being sober are not good.

luv
03-22-2006, 01:39 AM
Something at work. We took this test thing to figure out what our work personality type is.. Lets you know what those people's strengths and weaknesses are along with what motivates them.

Simplex3
03-22-2006, 01:39 AM
Eureka!

http://www.9types.com/descr/2/The Helper (the Two)

Helpers are warm, concerned, nurturing, and sensitive to other people's needs.

How to Get Along with Me

* Tell me that you appreciate me. Be specific.
* Share fun times with me.
* Take an interest in my problems, though I will probably try to focus on yours.
* Let me know that I am important and special to you.
* Be gentle if you decide to criticize me.

In Intimate Relationships
* Reassure me that I am intersting to you.
* Reassure me often that you love me.
* Tell me I'm attractive and that you're glad to be seen with me.

What I Like About Being a Two

* being able to relate easily to people and to make friends
* knowing what people need and being able to make their lives better
* being generous, caring, and warm
* being sensitive to and perceptive about others' feelings
* being enthusiastic and fun-loving, and having a good sense of humor

What's Hard About Being a Two

* not being able to say no
* having low self-esteem
* feeling drained from overdoing for others
* not doing things I really like to do for myself for fear of being selfish
* criticizing myself for not feeling as loving as I think I should
* being upset that others don't tune in to me as much as I tume in to them
* working so hard to be tactful and considerate that I suppress my real feelings

Twos as Children Often

* are very sensitive to disapproval and criticism
* try hard to please their parents by being helpful and understanding
* are outwardly compliant
* are popular or try to be popular with other children
* act coy, precocious, or dramatic in order to get attention
* are clowns and jokers (the more extroverted Twos), or quiet and shy (the more introverted Twos)

Twos as Parents

* are good listeners, love their children unconditionally, and are warm and encouraging (or suffer guilt if they aren't)
* are often playful with their children
* wonder: "Am I doing it right?" "Am I giving enough?" "Have I caused irreparable damage?"
* can become fiercely protective

luv
03-22-2006, 01:40 AM
No shit. I just got home from work an hour ago, so my mind is still there most of the time.....

luv
03-22-2006, 01:42 AM
Eureka!

http://www.9types.com/descr/2/
Yep, sounds kinda like me..only the book we had at work only had fout types. I'll have to take that one to see if it's different.

greg63
03-22-2006, 01:44 AM
Something at work. We took this test thing to figure out what our work personality type is.. Lets you know what those people's strengths and weaknesses are along with what motivates them.Oh, that's easy:

greg63
Strength: ability to type tripe a crossed the internet in a single thread.

Weakness: the ability to make sense while doing so.

Motivation: to avoid boredom while trying to get sleepy enough to go to bed, which is oxymoronic. :D

luv
03-22-2006, 01:52 AM
Eureka!

http://www.9types.com/descr/2/
I went and took that test. I tied for being a type 2 and type 6.

Simplex3
03-22-2006, 02:02 AM
I went and took that test. I tied for being a type 2 and type 6.
I was an 8 or a 1 on that test.

This one was just freaky-right, though:

http://www.perex.com/index.php?flash=yes

You are realistic, outspoken, direct, objective, practical, optimistic, adaptable. You are a fun person to know. You don’t mince words. People always know exactly where you stand and the way you present what you think often makes people laugh. You state the direct facts so objectively that even the most sensitive types usually aren’t offended when your statement reflects negatively on them.

You like your work to be exciting and new and open to your creative touch. More than other types you get bored quickly when dealing with the mundane and routine and are first to notice an opportunity for stimulation. As a child you were excited, high energy and curious and possibly mistakenly mislabeled as “hyperactive” or “unfocused.”

You get impatient when subjected to long theoretical explanations and prefer that people stick to the facts and get directly to the point.

Your are skilled with equipment, and excel at making events sound interesting or points seem obvious.

Of all types, you are the most likely to know where the action is. You are smooth and sophisticated, knowing what to say to who to get what you want.

You rely on yourself and trust common sense to get things done in nearly all circumstances. You are concerned with what works rather than what meets social norms, although you know how to use social norms to your advantage when that’s what works.

You don’t get sentimentally attached to items or procedures the way other people do. This makes you particularly inventive because everything is negotiable on every new project.

greg63
03-22-2006, 02:14 AM
Wow, that is a pretty neat test! I tied for type 2 and type 4.

luv
03-22-2006, 02:18 AM
Think I'm gonna head to bed. Eyes are getting heavy...

greg63
03-22-2006, 02:19 AM
Think I'm gonna head to bed. Eyes are getting heavy...

Me too!

Nite Luv.