PDA

View Full Version : Trent Green is F#cked now...

Ari Chi3fs
03-22-2006, 12:08 AM
Without Richardson back there... Green wont last 10 games this season... we all saw LJ block.

We are up shit creek people. Better hope Joey Harrington or Casey Printers knows the offense. We are certainly gonna need them.

Cochise
03-22-2006, 12:08 AM
I think it has more to do with Roaf and the rest of the line than a guy who's on the field less than half the time.

Not to knock Richardson... but Green got killed a lot last year when the line was shaky and Richardson was still here.

wolfpack0735
03-22-2006, 12:09 AM
we can always move black to block at fullback. ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL :banghead:

Rausch
03-22-2006, 12:10 AM
If LJ can lay ****ers out left and right with the ball he can do it without the ball.

Rausch
03-22-2006, 12:10 AM
we can always move black to block at fullback. ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL :banghead:

**** Bartee II...

|Zach|
03-22-2006, 12:11 AM
I think it has more to do with Roaf and the rest of the line than a guy who's on the field less than half the time.

Not to knock Richardson... but Green got killed a lot last year when the line was shaky and Richardson was still here.
I agree, I will also add that aside from that awful play in Dallas...prob the worst imaginable scenario from him missing a single block aside from getting injured.

Aside from that... ROFL

I thought his blocking improved...I remember seeing him stick a few people as the season went on.

Ari Chi3fs
03-22-2006, 12:15 AM
im being optimistic, when I say that we are ****ed.

|Zach|
03-22-2006, 12:17 AM
I disagree...I think LJ showed a little skill in blocking as the year went on. I think OL problems were our big issue.

jspchief
03-22-2006, 12:18 AM
My biggest concern is goal line situations. We may have only used a FB on 25% of our offensive plays, but we used one on about 99% of our goal-to-go plays. Richardson excelled at making the block that created the crease that allowed our RB to get into the endzone. In year after we already saw a red zone decline, we likely just got even worse.

Rausch
03-22-2006, 12:18 AM

First, I love TRich. Not only is he the mold blue-collar guys are poured from but he's a class act.

He was planning a future in the front office.

That said,

HE'S A ****ING FULLBACK!

SNR
03-22-2006, 12:29 AM
thas why we get big joe hall to blok 4 lj joe hall wil crush teh devner defens to teh groudn it alway hammertime baby

BIG K
03-22-2006, 12:30 AM
My biggest concern is goal line situations. We may have only used a FB on 25% of our offensive plays, but we used one on about 99% of our goal-to-go plays. Richardson excelled at making the block that created the crease that allowed our RB to get into the endzone. In year after we already saw a red zone decline, we likely just got even worse.

Exactly! Just ask Marcus Allen what he thought about T-Rich if were talking goal line help.

LiL stumppy
03-22-2006, 12:42 AM
LOL.First off,the o-line block more than the RB posistion,and I am pretty sure were alright there.AND we have a hole off-season to get LJ better at things he needs work on.

Ari Chi3fs
03-22-2006, 12:50 AM
Nooo... Gloom and Doom, I say. Gloom and Doom.

SNR
03-22-2006, 12:56 AM
Losing TRich is a terrible thing. This will force us to draft another Kris Wilson/Omar Easy bust and royally **** ourselves in the ass trying to implement them into the offense. The savior of our defense would have been drafted with that pick but instead we're stuck with a fullback bust. This will cause us to again suck at defense so much that the entire offense retires at the end of the season and voila no fans come to the stadium, no new stadium, Clark ships the team off to San Antonio leaving KC with an Arena team and the Royals. Yes, we even lose the goddamn Wizards. A meteor hits KC and all Chiefs fans on the face of the earth shrivel into dust.

All because Carl didn't want to shell out a couple million for TRich.

The end is near!

Rausch
03-22-2006, 12:59 AM
thas why we get big joe hall to blok 4 lj joe hall wil crush teh devner defens to teh groudn it alway hammertime baby
ROFL

luv
03-22-2006, 01:03 AM
First, I love TRich. Not only is he the mold blue-collar guys are poured from but he's a class act.

He was planning a future in the front office.

That said,

HE'S A ****ING FULLBACK!
Sorry, I missed that last part...what?

Fruit Ninja
03-22-2006, 01:17 AM
ON 3rd and longs instead of TRich, we will just have Priest back there. That works for me.

Tribal Warfare
03-22-2006, 01:47 AM
Now I wish Brian Leonard FB for Rutgers came up now :banghead:

greg63
03-22-2006, 01:49 AM
Sorry, I missed that last part...what?
I think he said that T-Rich is a Fullback, but you might want to consult my 8 ball to be sure.

Demonpenz
03-22-2006, 02:53 AM
as long as we don't face talented game changers like scott fujita we are ok

el borracho
03-22-2006, 03:09 AM
...sigh...

Our fullback is gone. It's all just so melodramatic.

Gravedigger
03-22-2006, 03:27 AM
Granted TRich was an intricate part in our offense and irreplaceable but cmon you really think some other guy can't block? We have the fullback cruz and when he was in there he did well. There's life after TRich guys

dan4kc
03-22-2006, 03:54 AM
i dont remember seeing tony in that many plays when holmes was out for injuries last year or the year before hes just a fullback a great fullback but just a fullback there a dime a dozen well find another and you wont remember tonys name.

el borracho
03-22-2006, 04:18 AM
If I am the offensive coordinator I'm thinking both Dunn and Wilson get some Joe Valerio style touchdowns.

charlyfreak
03-22-2006, 07:06 AM
Without Richardson back there... Green wont last 10 games this season... we all saw LJ block.

We are up shit creek people. Better hope Joey Harrington or Casey Printers knows the offense. We are certainly gonna need them.

um- t rich was not in for that many plays dude- you are blowing this way out of proportion....

the o line and lj learning how to block is way more important-

lj is a piss poor blocker and that will be huge this year-

preist is a great blocker and this is also big-

another thing- do the chiefs have harrington? cause i must have missed something here...???

and lastly- while i always liked t rich- he is getting older and the chiefs will replace him- i believe they have robert holcombe who is a fb- he was hurt last year,but can play.....

Hog Farmer
03-22-2006, 07:30 AM
I'm a thinkin that Priest is gonna take TR's spot. He can block and Run and catch. With Priest and LJ in the backfield 90% of the plays we will be much,much more dangerous and unpredictable on offense. I really hate to see the best Fullback in the game leave us but you have to agree, all he did was block. He had no stats for rushing and receiving that any other fullback couln't match.

Cochise
03-22-2006, 07:31 AM
What is with all the knee-jerking around here? Sheesh

Mr. Kotter
03-22-2006, 07:35 AM
Maybe Omar Easy and George Layne can be lured away from their Costco Management Trainee programs? :hmmm:

ExtremeChief
03-22-2006, 08:09 AM
Do we know for sure that Kris Wilson can't block??? I'm trying to recall a play when he was in the backfield to lead block and can't think of one.

While I hate to see TRich go, 2.5 mil for a fullback is pretty damn high.

jspchief
03-22-2006, 08:14 AM
While I hate to see TRich go, 2.5 mil for a fullback is pretty damn high.1.25 mil per year is high for a FB. It would put him probably top 5 in FB pay.

But to put it in perspective, William Bartee makes 1.2 mil. Is our back-up safety/CB more important than our starting Pro Bowl caliber FB?

StcChief
03-22-2006, 08:22 AM
1.25 mil per year is high for a FB. It would put him probably top 5 in FB pay.

But to put it in perspective, William Bartee makes 1.2 mil. Is our back-up safety/CB more important than our starting Pro Bowl caliber FB?

I'm with you.... TRich is getting older, but Burntee 1.2 M backup.....

TRich leadership, locker room presence, Great blocker and to just let him
go near the end of his career is stupid and cheap.

Carl, Herm, Solari better have a good replacement plan for goal line
runs with another FB.

Mr. Kotter
03-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Do we know for sure that Kris Wilson can't block???

I've been wondering the same thing. He's quite an athlete; and IIRC, he had a reputation as a good blocker. If Wilson is trainable, that could be his ticket to getting on the field....

SPchief
03-22-2006, 08:29 AM
I've been wondering the same thing. He's quite an athlete; and IIRC, he had a reputation as a good blocker. If Wilson is trainable, that could be his ticket to getting on the field....

So thats why we held him back last year. We've been saving the secret weapon to play fullback this year. :hmmm:

jspchief
03-22-2006, 08:32 AM
I'd say Wilson is too tall and too thin to be an effective FB.

Edit* ..I guess he's about the same build as T-Rich. Nevermind.

SPchief
03-22-2006, 08:33 AM
I'd say Wilson is too tall and too thin to be an effective FB.

Never mind the fact that he is ****ING worthless.

jspchief
03-22-2006, 08:34 AM
Never mind the fact that he is ****ING worthless.No doubt.

Cochise
03-22-2006, 09:04 AM
Never mind the fact that he is ****ING worthless.

The Secret Weapon (tm) is so good and so super-secret that you can't see him when he's making game-changing plays every down.

htismaqe
03-22-2006, 09:39 AM
ROFL

These threads are classic.

Pasta Giant Meatball
03-22-2006, 09:47 AM

Exactly what i was thinking. that is the 1st thing that came to my mind when i heard Richardson was gone....goal line.

Over-Head
03-22-2006, 10:43 AM

We are up shit creek people.

Damn, I really fell bad for your team :evil: honest I do

petegz28
03-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Did I miss something? Did T-Rich sign with someone else?

petegz28
03-22-2006, 12:05 PM
Holy shit I didn't know this happened. Been swamped with work.

Calcountry
03-22-2006, 12:53 PM
Losing TRich is a terrible thing. This will force us to draft another Kris Wilson/Omar Easy bust and royally **** ourselves in the ass trying to implement them into the offense. The savior of our defense would have been drafted with that pick but instead we're stuck with a fullback bust. This will cause us to again suck at defense so much that the entire offense retires at the end of the season and voila no fans come to the stadium, no new stadium, Clark ships the team off to San Antonio leaving KC with an Arena team and the Royals. Yes, we even lose the goddamn Wizards. A meteor hits KC and all Chiefs fans on the face of the earth shrivel into dust.

All because Carl didn't want to shell out a couple million for TRich.

The end is near!Wow, I didn't know Santone was big enough to support 2 NFL franchises. ROFL

ExtremeChief
03-22-2006, 03:12 PM
1.25 mil per year is high for a FB. It would put him probably top 5 in FB pay.

Just because Bartee is an overpaid POS doesn't mean that TRich is worth top 5 FB pay. The fact that the front office is stupid on defensive players doesn't mean they have to make another mistake and overpay for a veteran fullback that is in on less than half the plays. Your argument makes me even sicker to think that Tony is leaving, and I know where your coming from, but they are both mistakes, IMO.