03-22-2006, 08:29 AM
Posted on Wed, Mar. 22, 2006
-sorry if repost, TK usually posts these

HE WANTS KC TO GIVE HIM THE *!&% BALL

Chiefs get a call from Keyshawn

But receiver told needs on defense come first

By ELIZABETH MERRILL

The Kansas City Star

Kansas City: barbecue capital, city of fountains and curiosity spot for wayward receivers.

Just as the Chiefs-Terrell Owens hubbub was beginning to die down, Keyshawn Johnson placed a call to Kansas City president/general manager Carl Peterson last week. Johnson had just been released by Dallas to make room for Owens. And as usual, he was very direct.

“I’d really like to be a Chief,” Johnson told Peterson.

Peterson said Tuesday that he appreciates the interest, but the Chiefs have told Johnson to wait a couple of weeks until the franchise addresses some needs on defense. On Tuesday, Johnson was reportedly in New York visiting with the Giants, and the Chiefs were talking to two defensive free agents.

One of them was Buffalo’s Ryan Denney, a 6-foot-7, 275-pound defensive end who had four sacks in 2005.
EDIT: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302186

But back to Johnson and the Chiefs’ loaded offense, which is probably not on the front burner in free agency this spring. Kansas City has had a handful of big-name players who have been bandied about as possible additions. First there was Owens, whose agent approached Peterson and coach Herm Edwards at the Senior Bowl. Owens ended up getting a fat deal from the Cowboys, something the Chiefs probably weren’t willing to offer.

Then, within the last week, Johnson’s and Joey Harrington’s names have popped up. Peterson said Tuesday that he chatted with Detroit Lions president Matt Millen last week about Harrington, and that they talked again Monday about the embattled quarterback.

Peterson had an affection for the youngster four years ago when Harrington was coming out of college at Oregon. The Lions drafted him with the No. 3 overall pick, the Chiefs moved on, and now Harrington’s on his way out.

“Matt said: ‘You’ve got time to do your research on him. Evaluate him and let me know what you think his value is,’ ” Peterson said.
“Obviously, the value to the Lions is a draft choice, compensation. They have not released him. They still have his rights.

“I liked Joey Harrington coming out of college exceedingly well. We had a very, very good grade on him. But that was four years ago. We’ve got to evaluate also what he’s done in his time in the NFL and why he’s done it and what are the extenuating circumstances. So we’re evaluating that situation. Right now, I’m planning on Trent Green for the next couple of years at least. We’ve signed a veteran backup in Damon Huard and also signed an exceedingly talented young quarterback in Casey Printers.”

Johnson is talented, and was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1996 draft. He’s also been productive, leading Dallas with 71 receptions last year for 839 yards and six touchdowns. But at 33, he doesn’t exactly fit into the Chiefs’ push to get younger. And Johnson recently told Sports Illustrated that he’s worth more than $2.5 million, which may be too pricey for a position that isn’t at the top of the Chiefs’ needs list.

Peterson spent a few minutes late Tuesday talking about the time, money and effort the Chiefs have spent on young receivers Samie Parker and Craphonso Thorpe. He called them receivers on the rise.
“And frankly,” he said, “I think too many people forget about Eddie Kennison and his two consecutive 1,000-plus receiving years.”

But Peterson isn’t closing the door on Johnson, and he doesn’t mind listening to one of the most outspoken receivers in the NFL. Especially when Johnson is doing the calling.

“I’d say right now it’s in a holding pattern,” Peterson said.

<HR class=tagline color=#cccccc SIZE=1>

Gonzo
03-22-2006, 08:32 AM
C.P is right, Defense first.

King_Chief_Fan
03-22-2006, 08:36 AM
no thanks Meshaun......we have plans that do not include you.
But, thanks for your interest

Rausch
03-22-2006, 08:39 AM
"Yes, we'd love you KJ.

But we'd love you after a few more weeks, when more teams have less money and there's less competition for your services, so we can save some coin..."

Deberg_1990
03-22-2006, 08:47 AM
Do we get 1998 Me-Shawn or 2004 Me-Shawn??

Chiefnj
03-22-2006, 08:48 AM

Is that the right move? For instance, lets say the Chiefs rate players on a scale of 1 - 100, with 100 being the best. Is it in the best interest of the team to pass up KJ who may have a ranking of 75 for two defensive players who are ranked 40-50? Is it better to pass up a good WR for a below average DE?

Cochise
03-22-2006, 08:49 AM
great... I'll just be waiting around for all these huge defensive acquisitions then... :rolleyes:

kc rush
03-22-2006, 08:50 AM
Who cares. I'd rather hear about the visiting defensive players than offensive players who wont be visiting for a couple of weeks, and most likely won't be signed here anyway.

InChiefsHell
03-22-2006, 08:51 AM
He's 33 and plays a position that is low on our list of stuff to worry about. No way could he be worth what he is probably asking for.

Radar Chief
03-22-2006, 08:53 AM
great... I'll just be waiting around for all these huge defensive acquisitions then... :rolleyes:

:LOL: :banghead:

DAMN IT CARL!!!!11!1!

RedThat
03-22-2006, 09:05 AM
Was Ryan Denney a backup or a starter with Buffalo last year?

Gonzo
03-22-2006, 09:05 AM
Is that the right move? For instance, lets say the Chiefs rate players on a scale of 1 - 100, with 100 being the best. Is it in the best interest of the team to pass up KJ who may have a ranking of 75 for two defensive players who are ranked 40-50? Is it better to pass up a good WR for a below average DE?

With our offensive production the last few years, I would say that if coached correctly, we are one or two (good not great) defensive players away from winning a playoff game. We are in obvious need of a cb and a d-lineman. Our WR's may not be the best but they are good enough to keep us in the top 5 on offense for another year don't you think?

CoMoChief
03-22-2006, 09:06 AM

I guess thats why we went on ahead and signed Rocky Benard. :banghead: :cuss:

Gonzo
03-22-2006, 09:07 AM
I guess thats why we went on ahead and signed Rocky Benard. :banghead: :cuss:

Rocky was just using us as a decoy to get the payday in seattle.

Chiefnj
03-22-2006, 09:12 AM
With our offensive production the last few years, I would say that if coached correctly, we are one or two (good not great) defensive players away from winning a playoff game. We are in obvious need of a cb and a d-lineman. Our WR's may not be the best but they are good enough to keep us in the top 5 on offense for another year don't you think?

I don't know. Herm is going to put his stamp on the team. If he is consistent, they will be conservative. The Chiefs don't really have a possession receiver, so I think Keyshawn could add to the offense and do more good for the team overall than two 3rd tier defensive players.

Think of it this way. Keyshawn has shown he is good for 70 catches a year. Even if he takes a step back, is 50 receptions more valuable to the team (including perhaps keeping the D off the field) compared to the 4 sacks from a guy like Denney? Can't we get 4 sacks from Hicks?

Gonzo
03-22-2006, 09:19 AM
I don't know. Herm is going to put his stamp on the team. If he is consistent, they will be conservative. The Chiefs don't really have a possession receiver, so I think Keyshawn could add to the offense and do more good for the team overall than two 3rd tier defensive players.

Think of it this way. Keyshawn has shown he is good for 70 catches a year. Even if he takes a step back, is 50 receptions more valuable to the team (including perhaps keeping the D off the field) compared to the 4 sacks from a guy like Denney? Can't we get 4 sacks from Hicks?

Perhaps, but could we not get 50 catches a year from a WR that won't charge us 2 mil. in cap space? Look, I am in favor of signing a marquee WR at all times but I think our main priority should be signing a defensive player that could disrupt the other teams passing game. Q.B.'s have all the time in the world to pick us apart right now.

RedThat
03-22-2006, 09:21 AM

True. I hear you in what you're saying.

But I think it's a matter of how the team is going to utilize their dollars and cents properly to improve this team and make it more efficient. I just think their prioritizing first. Obviously defense is more important than Keyshawn Johnson. I don't blame Carl for saying that.

I would take Keyshawn over Denney, but they said the Chiefs are looking at 2 defensive FA's. They never mentioned who the other FA is. My gut feeling says it is a CB. Who is out there for CB's? Ty Law? Charles Woodson? That's all I can think of off the top of my head?

*Nobody is talking to Law or Woodson. So I found this article interesting this morning.

StcChief
03-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Rocky was just using us as a decoy to get the payday in seattle.\

MeShaun will too.

PastorMikH
03-22-2006, 09:30 AM
According to the media we've interviewed 2 guys in three weeks and we are telling a solid WR THAT WANTS TO PLAY HERE to wait around for us to work on our D?

If a guy of his caliber is interested enough to call, at least bring him in and talk to him.

Rausch
03-22-2006, 09:33 AM
Perhaps, but could we not get 50 catches a year from a WR that won't charge us 2 mil. in cap space? Look, I am in favor of signing a marquee WR at all times but I think our main priority should be signing a defensive player that could disrupt the other teams passing game. Q.B.'s have all the time in the world to pick us apart right now.

The same type of offense is run in St. Louis and they average a lot more than 50 receptions a person. The reason our offense doesn't throw more balls to the WR's isn't by design, it's by necessity. Look at Gonzo's numbers and Torry Holt's numbers.

You put the ball in the hands of your best players. Our best players aren't WR's. If we added a top 10 WR you can bet the guy will catch 80+ a year...

Mr. Laz
03-22-2006, 09:34 AM
"Yes, we'd love you KJ.

But we'd love you after a few more weeks, when more teams have less money and there's less competition for your services, so we can save some coin..."
ROFL

Rausch
03-22-2006, 09:36 AM
\

MeShaun will too.

Calling up a GM yourself and telling him you want to play there doesn't exactly scream "I have options."

RedThat
03-22-2006, 09:36 AM

Oh yes. I think so. I think Samie Parker could easily get 50 catches a year with us. He almost did last year? Last year Parker caught 36 balls, and only started in 9 games.

I'm with you on the defensive front. The only trouble is, their is "nothing" out there. That is the problem that underlies with the Chiefs. When you just sit and wait for things to happen, guys are gonna pass you up like their is no tomorrow. It is happening. When it does, you have no choice but to settle for basement bargain guys ala Ryan Denney?

I think there are still some good defensive players out there, but very few. Charles Woodson and Ty Law are imo the best defensive players available in FA right now. If we're thinking of improving the line, the draft is probably our better option.

Lzen
03-22-2006, 09:58 AM
Who would Keyshawn replace? Sammie Parker? If that's the case, I would say 'no thanks'. Sammie is a young receiver with lot of good years ahead of him, IMO. He will give similar production at a much lower salary. I know KJ is still a very good receiver, but I don't think we can afford to pay him what he wants. However, we will need a young receiver to replace Kennison soon. But Johnson is not young.

PastorMikH
03-22-2006, 10:13 AM
Who would Keyshawn replace? Sammie Parker? If that's the case, I would say 'no thanks'. Sammie is a young receiver with lot of good years ahead of him, IMO. He will give similar production at a much lower salary. I know KJ is still a very good receiver, but I don't think we can afford to pay him what he wants. However, we will need a young receiver to replace Kennison soon. But Johnson is not young.

Sammie Parker has the potential to have a great career in the NFL. However, he has a tendancy to drop the ball when the game is on the line. He's not starting material yet. Put Kennison in the #1 spot, KJ #2 and use his size and hands to take presure off of Tony down the middle, then put Parker in as #3 matching his speed against a nickle back or safety. Parker would fair much better in this role right now IMO and still get plenty of playing time. Then take Dante out of the #3 spot and put him back to PR/KR duties soley.

And how do we know what KJ wants? We haven't even talked to him. I see no reason why the Chiefs couldn't at least bring him in, talk to him, explain their plan to him, and then see if he's willing to wait until the D is addressed. From the looks of it, they are simply using the D as an excuse to put him off.

Which, BTW, what exactly is the plan on the D? Hey Carl, the fans would like to know too!

RedThat
03-22-2006, 10:18 AM
Sammie Parker has the potential to have a great career in the NFL. However, he has a tendancy to drop the ball when the game is on the line. He's not starting material yet. Put Kennison in the #1 spot, KJ #2 and use his size and hands to take presure off of Tony down the middle, then put Parker in as #3 matching his speed against a nickle back or safety. Parker would fair much better in this role right now IMO and still get plenty of playing time. Then take Dante out of the #3 spot and put him back to PR/KR duties soley.

And how do we know what KJ wants? We haven't even talked to him. I see no reason why the Chiefs couldn't at least bring him in, talk to him, explain their plan to him, and then see if he's willing to wait until the D is addressed. From the looks of it, they are simply using the D as an excuse to put him off.

Which, BTW, what exactly is the plan on the D? Hey Carl, the fans would like to know too!

Point well taken. If the D came 1st, then I suppose he shoulda got the ball rolling a long time ago. I look at this as another excuse from the Chiefs.

PastorMikH
03-22-2006, 10:27 AM
Point well taken. If the D came 1st, then I suppose he shoulda got the ball rolling a long time ago. I look at this as another excuse from the Chiefs.

If the D were important, why haven't we talked to Law and Woodson? We let two CBs go, it would make sense to at least talk to at least one of the top two names on the list. Why haven't we looked at any DL? (Ok, we looked at one, but that's all I've heard about).

Granted, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but we do know that the only D player signed was Carlos Hall - who was a backup for us last year. We also signed Gammon and Huard. That's it. Sure doesn't sound like we are doing anything.

jspchief
03-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Peterson spent a few minutes late Tuesday talking about the time, money and effort the Chiefs have spent on young receivers Samie Parker and Craphonso Thorpe. How much time, money, and effort have we really spent on those two guys?

Time: 3 years combined
Money: mid round rookie money
Effort: 16 games, 9 starts for Parker, practice squad for Thorpe

If you want to tell me you're comfortable with the young talent we have, fine. But please don't try and make it out like we have too much invested in those two guys to consider other options. That's just a load of crap.

58-4ever
03-22-2006, 10:38 AM
I don't mind the idea of Keyshawn (big, over-the-middle, good-blocking receiver) but like many I have my worries (age, Lake Dawson type speed, and $$). If we get him at a really good price I think it would be a good move.

RedThat
03-22-2006, 10:44 AM
If the D were important, why haven't we talked to Law and Woodson? We let two CBs go, it would make sense to at least talk to at least one of the top two names on the list. Why haven't we looked at any DL? (Ok, we looked at one, but that's all I've heard about).

Granted, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but we do know that the only D player signed was Carlos Hall - who was a backup for us last year. We also signed Gammon and Huard. That's it. Sure doesn't sound like we are doing anything.

I don't know man. I'm all confused and baffled. At one time Peterson was saying the team plans to be inactive in FA this year. Then he tells Keyshawn defense comes first. I really don't know what to believe coming out of Carl's mouth?

I guess only time will tell. We'll see at any point in time whether the Chiefs are going to be active. The results will tell us. Then I have the free will to choose what to believe coming from Carls mouth.

Of course, we don't know what goes on behind the scenes. That I agree with. Imo If it was anything bad to piss us fans off, it is only logical that the Chiefs keep that information confidential. but who really knows? honestly.

Maybe the Chiefs have a plan to bring in either Law or Woodson? Nobody has expressed any interest or desire in either of those 2 CB's which imo is a good thing for the Chiefs because we can make the best offer available.

sedated
03-22-2006, 10:45 AM
He's be a good fit in the slot, and he actually catches the ball, something Morton, Kennison, Parker, and Gonzalez have had trouble with

58-4ever
03-22-2006, 10:45 AM
the Chiefs haven't shown the ability to make "the best offer available" yet AT ALL! :banghead:

RedThat
03-22-2006, 10:50 AM
the Chiefs haven't shown the ability to make "the best offer available" yet AT ALL! :banghead:

True.

Gonzo
03-22-2006, 10:58 AM
The same type of offense is run in St. Louis and they average a lot more than 50 receptions a person. The reason our offense doesn't throw more balls to the WR's isn't by design, it's by necessity. Look at Gonzo's numbers and Torry Holt's numbers.

You put the ball in the hands of your best players. Our best players aren't WR's. If we added a top 10 WR you can bet the guy will catch 80+ a year...

Very good point and I do agree with you that we are in need of a good W.R. but don't you think that the offensive front is more than capable of scoring the same points it did last year with it's current players? If you take a look back to last season how many more games would we have won with a little more pressure up front to disrupt the running game? i.e. The Giants debacle).

Mile High Mania
03-22-2006, 11:01 AM
Keyshawn mentioned this the other day... the WR that has played opposite him has typically done really well in recent years, in addition to Keyshawn being pretty reliable as well.

I think the Giants were offering him something that averaged $3M a year and I'm not sure if he'll get much more than that, but for that kind of money... he'd be a great fit with several teams. I think he would fit perfectly with teams like the Giants, Panthers, Seattle, Chiefs, Steelers, Vikings and a few others. I wouldn't mind Denver picking him up, but they likely don't have the cash to spend. I would not like to see him sign with the Chiefs or Chargers.

Mile High Mania
03-22-2006, 11:02 AM
Calling up a GM yourself and telling him you want to play there doesn't exactly scream "I have options."

I disagree... as mentioned in a previous post, I think there are plenty of teams interested in adding him. KJ could work well with 6-8 different teams.

58-4ever
03-22-2006, 11:04 AM
One thing that hasn't been talked about is the toughness a big receiver like Keyshawn would bring to our WR core. I feel like we've been trotting out some smallish WR's that really take a pounding when they go over the middle. He would definitely help TG in the middle of the field.

Gonzo
03-22-2006, 11:04 AM
Oh yes. I think so. I think Samie Parker could easily get 50 catches a year with us. He almost did last year? Last year Parker caught 36 balls, and only started in 9 games.

I'm with you on the defensive front. The only trouble is, their is "nothing" out there. That is the problem that underlies with the Chiefs. When you just sit and wait for things to happen, guys are gonna pass you up like their is no tomorrow. It is happening. When it does, you have no choice but to settle for basement bargain guys ala Ryan Denney?

I think there are still some good defensive players out there, but very few. Charles Woodson and Ty Law are imo the best defensive players available in FA right now. If we're thinking of improving the line, the draft is probably our better option.

Agreed....Don't you think it would have been smarter to hold onto Warfield for another year and concentrate total effort on a run stopper? Their priorities are now going to be to land another C.B. and I think they will go after a stellar one at that. We will probvably have the most feared defensive backfield in the leauge when the season starts but it still won't matter if we don't get help up front. How long will it take to fully train a rookie. Look at Sims and Siavii....The are still works in progress.

RedThat
03-22-2006, 11:09 AM

Oh you bet he has options. Or at least he will.

A lot of teams will be interested in the guy. The Giants we're already talking $$$, fortunately, Keyshawn and the Giants aren't on the same page. And don't be surprised if a team like the New England Patriots will go after him. The Pats are pretty thin at WR especially after the departure of David Givens.

Maybe Keyshawn is just saying he wants to be a Chief. That way he use us to raise his stock? I think he is seeking 4 mil a year.

milkman
03-22-2006, 11:21 AM
Agreed....Don't you think it would have been smarter to hold onto Warfield for another year and concentrate total effort on a run stopper? Their priorities are now going to be to land another C.B. and I think they will go after a stellar one at that. We will probvably have the most feared defensive backfield in the leauge when the season starts but it still won't matter if we don't get help up front. How long will it take to fully train a rookie. Look at Sims and Siavii....The are still works in progress.

I'm not a proponent of going out and spending big money on corners, so I have very little interest in either Woodson or Law.

The reason I quoted you, however, is that the length of time it takes to take train a rookie, in many cases, is directly related to that rookies attitude, desire, and work ethic.

Sims and Siavii have demonstrated they have been lacking in those areas, which is the reason for the lack of development.

When Sims finally did get to work, and it appeared he was ready to step up, he essentially lost the season to injury.

The right pick at #20 and #54 could be guys that help our D right away.
It depends on desire.

Mr. Laz
03-22-2006, 11:24 AM

and tony richardson was just using Minnesota as a deco...... err wait.... :shake:

Over-Head
03-22-2006, 11:24 AM
33 and hard to deal with....welcome to Oakland Mr.Meshaun :banghead:

PastorMikH
03-22-2006, 11:27 AM
33 and hard to deal with....welcome to Oakland Mr.Meshaun :banghead:

You might be safe, I don't think he has a criminal record yet.

Bowser
03-22-2006, 11:33 AM
This would not be that bad of an idea. Somebody a while back made a graphic showing what it would look like if we signed TO. Just switch out the names, and you still have the potential for a very dangerous offense. And how many times does a star player call Carl and ask to come here?

This would be a good move, so naturally the Chiefs will **** it all up.

RedThat
03-22-2006, 11:36 AM

Well, too be honest, Im not a big fan of Warfield. I look at him as an average player who is making an excessive amount of coin. This team will possibly land another CB whether it is draft or FA I don't know? But I'm sure they will.

If releasing Warfield enables us to go out and spend more money on a more proven CB, ala Law or Woodson, then I'm all for that move. Because we are directly talkng improvement from a CB standpoint. If we are going to draft a CB in either rd 1 or 2 that's ok too. I trust Herm and his abilities on evaluating DB's. He was a scout here at one time in the very beginning of his career. All he did was form a very solid secondary during his time here. I anticipate on him doing that again.

As far as run stuffers go, I wouldn't go in that direction. If we want run stuffers, we might as well take some flyers on some guys and sign them for cheap. Those guys aren't difficult to find, and are a dime a dozen.

Personally, I think we have some good run stuffing lineman on this team. Eric Hicks, John Browning, Lional Dalton are to name a few, and we're all sound against the run. If we can manage to sign Lional Dalton for cheap $$$, that would be great because he gives us not only a run stuffer, but adds more depth to the D-line.

If it we're up to me personally, I would go for some good quality pass-rushing Defensive lineman in the draft. The good news is, there are good pass rushers in this draft. Which is why I say, the draft is the best option and route for the Chiefs to take if they want to improve their defensive line. I think our Defensive line lacks a good pass rush. That's the most obvious thing I noticed from our defensive line play from last season.

If I we're the Chiefs, I'd be looking for more smaller, but quick, and agile Defensive lineman in the draft. I'm referring particularily in the middle of the Line where we lack pressure the most. I'd like to see us draft a DT. Not a big DT, but fairly sized, quick and agile DT. One that will beat you off his first step, and show that great burst and excelleration, explosiveness to get to the ball. That's the kind of DT I'd like to see us draft. Another thing, I don't like guys that are lazy. We have a few of those on our line. I like guys that will give non-stop effort on every play.

*With all this being said, FTR, my sleeper pick for the Chiefs in rd 3 is DT Dusty Dvoracek from Oklahoma.

KCChiefsFan88
03-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Keyshawn is EXACTLY the type of WR the Chiefs need and would be the perfect compliment to Kennison. Keyshawn is a big, physical possession type WR who isn't afraid to go over the middle and make the tough catch on 3rd down. The Chiefs don't have a WR on the roster that fits this mold.

All this crap about having to rebuild and "getting younger" is garbage. With Shields and Roaf coming back, why not try to make one more push towards a Super Bowl by adding guys, regardless of their age who can help and contribute THIS upcoming season.

This is typical Carl Peterson. The Chiefs are sitting on the doorstep of being a Super Bowl contender and instead of making impact acquistions that could push the Chiefs over the top in a division that is clearly up for grabs, Carl sits on his ass ready to embark on another "5 year plan".

Gonzo
03-22-2006, 12:46 PM
Well, too be honest, Im not a big fan of Warfield. I look at him as an average player who is making an excessive amount of coin. This team will possibly land another CB whether it is draft or FA I don't know? But I'm sure they will.

If releasing Warfield enables us to go out and spend more money on a more proven CB, ala Law or Woodson, then I'm all for that move. Because we are directly talkng improvement from a CB standpoint. If we are going to draft a CB in either rd 1 or 2 that's ok too. I trust Herm and his abilities on evaluating DB's. He was a scout here at one time in the very beginning of his career. All he did was form a very solid secondary during his time here. I anticipate on him doing that again.

As far as run stuffers go, I wouldn't go in that direction. If we want run stuffers, we might as well take some flyers on some guys and sign them for cheap. Those guys aren't difficult to find, and are a dime a dozen.

Personally, I think we have some good run stuffing lineman on this team. Eric Hicks, John Browning, Lional Dalton are to name a few, and we're all sound against the run. If we can manage to sign Lional Dalton for cheap $$$, that would be great because he gives us not only a run stuffer, but adds more depth to the D-line.

If it we're up to me personally, I would go for some good quality pass-rushing Defensive lineman in the draft. The good news is, there are good pass rushers in this draft. Which is why I say, the draft is the best option and route for the Chiefs to take if they want to improve their defensive line. I think our Defensive line lacks a good pass rush. That's the most obvious thing I noticed from our defensive line play from last season.

If I we're the Chiefs, I'd be looking for more smaller, but quick, and agile Defensive lineman in the draft. I'm referring particularily in the middle of the Line where we lack pressure the most. I'd like to see us draft a DT. Not a big DT, but fairly sized, quick and agile DT. One that will beat you off his first step, and show that great burst and excelleration, explosiveness to get to the ball. That's the kind of DT I'd like to see us draft. Another thing, I don't like guys that are lazy. We have a few of those on our line. I like guys that will give non-stop effort on every play.

*With all this being said, FTR, my sleeper pick for the Chiefs in rd 3 is DT Dusty Dvoracek from Oklahoma.

Just the effort to write the above statement has swayed me.....I am now in total agreement with you just to keep my head from exploding.

CHENZ A!
03-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Eddie Kennison was on the 38 sports spot tonight, and he said that he wouldn't welcome Keyshawn or any other reciever because we don't need them. He said "I'm tired of everybody saying we need this guy or that guy, or a number one reciever, we have one and he wears 87." This was really funny to me since those were like my exact words when i met him at the bar(Granfalloon) about a month ago, very nice guy by the way.

Mecca
03-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Eddie Kennison was on the 38 sports spot tonight, and he said that he wouldn't welcome Keyshawn or any other reciever because we don't need them. He said "I'm tired of everybody saying we need this guy or that guy, or a number one reciever, we have one and he wears 87." This was really funny to me since those were like my exact words when i met him at the bar(Granfalloon) about a month ago, very nice guy by the way.

So where's the outcry about Kennison not being a team guy? No offense to the nice years he's put up or what he's done or him being confident in his abilities. But he needs to face facts he's not the reciever that would be taken off the field.

By the way the benefit out of the doubt that Samie Parker gets on this board is really funny. You'd think the guy was the next coming of Tory Holt, how about we face some reality.......

Dick Bull
03-22-2006, 11:30 PM
So where's the outcry about Kennison not being a team guy? No offense to the nice years he's put up or what he's done or him being confident in his abilities. But he needs to face facts he's not the reciever that would be taken off the field.

By the way the benefit out of the doubt that Samie Parker gets on this board is really funny. You'd think the guy was the next coming of Tory Holt, how about we face some reality.......

We could cut him, then he would go to the Saints and **** us every chance he gets.

I like his upside to much to shit it away like that.

If he doesn't do anything next year, by all means throw him in the junk heap.

The Bad Guy
03-22-2006, 11:48 PM

Wow. Terrell Owens never even came here and he already rubbed off on Eddie.

It's about making the team better. I have very little faith that Kennison can make a tough catch over the middle on third down. I know he's done it, but he does have suspect hands at times.

Keyshawn would be good here. A nice possession receiver to go with burners on the outside in Parker and Eddie.

Rausch
03-23-2006, 12:06 AM
We could cut him, then he would go to the Saints and **** us every chance he gets.

I like his upside to much to shit it away like that.

His only upside is speed.

He's got $#it hands, he goes down IMMEDIATELY after he catches the ball if any defender is in the area, and he fumbles more than Endelt after St. Pat's...

CoMoChief
03-23-2006, 12:07 AM

Uhhh, 5 million for 3 years is hardly a payday considering what he did last season. We could have afforded that with ease. We needed that position player more than any CB or anything on defense. We need pressure up the middle. This makes the QB move from the pocket where he is more vunerable to DE's and LBs or corner blitzes or whatever the defense is running. We missed out BIG on Benard.

CoMoChief
03-23-2006, 12:29 AM
I just hope to god that Kelly Jennings is around in the 3rd round by the time we pick. Or Rodrique Wright in the 3rd round, on of the two. Then my draft would go like this...

1. Hali
2. Jennings/Wright
3. Wright/Jennings
5. Best player availble
6. Best player availble
7. Best player availble

dan4kc
03-23-2006, 12:35 AM
yes defense first but we could use a power house recever so we can let tonyg and ljohnson run wild. with keyshawn nere a thousand yards and tony g over a thousand and lj over 2 thousand and parker over 500 and a ok defense we could have a real shot at a playoff win or two

Rausch
03-23-2006, 12:39 AM
yes defense first but we could use a power house recever so we can let tonyg and ljohnson run wild. with keyshawn nere a thousand yards and tony g over a thousand and lj over 2 thousand and parker over 500 and a ok defense we could have a real shot at a playoff win or two

I feel like destroying something beautiful...

The Bad Guy
03-23-2006, 12:59 AM

Did you just start watching the NFL?

If so, research trends and then punch yourself in the face for posting this.

Rausch
03-23-2006, 01:01 AM
Did you just start watching the NFL?

If so, research trends and then punch yourself in the face for posting this.
ROFL

greg63
03-23-2006, 01:04 AM
I feel like destroying something beautiful...

ROFL
"Where'd you go Psycho Boy?..."

Mecca
03-23-2006, 01:26 AM
I hope the Chiefs really don't think Ryan Denney would be a better signing than Keyshawn.......Ryan Denney is a younger whiter Eric Hicks.

RedThat
03-23-2006, 08:53 AM
Just the effort to write the above statement has swayed me.....I am now in total agreement with you just to keep my head from exploding.

ROFL

Calcountry
03-23-2006, 12:14 PM
C.P is right, Defense first.Tell meshawn we already have a big enough Johnson.

InChiefsHell
03-23-2006, 02:05 PM
Tell meshawn we already have a big enough Johnson.
Two, to be exact...

BigChiefFan
03-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Kennison is a pretty good receiver, but he's not the long-term answer. I'm not sure Key is the answer either, but we definitely could use an upgrade at the position. I prefer a rookie.

Bootlegged
03-23-2006, 03:11 PM
Keyshawn is in Charlotte today. Don't see that working either with him taking a back seat to S Smith, but who knows.