PDA

View Full Version : Gardner to work out for draft without agent

POND_OF_RED
03-22-2006, 04:55 PM
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Missouri guard Thomas Gardner will skip his senior year and enter the NBA draft.

Gardner, the Big 12 Conference's No. 2 scorer and 3-point leader, is the first Missouri player to announce his plans to leave after the departure of coach Quin Snyder last month.

Gardner said Wednesday he will not sign with an agent, a move suggested by Missouri's interim coach Melvin Watkins. Since Snyder's departure on Feb. 10, Gardner has said he didn't want to play for another coach.

"I've had a chance to sit down and talk with everyone involved, my family, coaches and teammates, and everyone has been so supportive, including our fans," Gardner said.

Gardner plans to attend NBA draft camps, while still protecting his NCAA eligibility. He has until June 18 to withdraw from the draft.

CoMoChief
03-22-2006, 05:22 PM
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Missouri guard Thomas Gardner will skip his senior year and enter the NBA draft.

Gardner, the Big 12 Conference's No. 2 scorer and 3-point leader, is the first Missouri player to announce his plans to leave after the departure of coach Quin Snyder last month.

Gardner said Wednesday he will not sign with an agent, a move suggested by Missouri's interim coach Melvin Watkins. Since Snyder's departure on Feb. 10, Gardner has said he didn't want to play for another coach.

"I've had a chance to sit down and talk with everyone involved, my family, coaches and teammates, and everyone has been so supportive, including our fans," Gardner said.

Gardner plans to attend NBA draft camps, while still protecting his NCAA eligibility. He has until June 18 to withdraw from the draft.

Welp, MU is gonna have another fantastic season next year. Gardner was the only reason they won any games this season.

Valiant
03-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Welp, MU is gonna have another fantastic season next year. Gardner was the only reason they won any games this season.

Also the reason they lost most of them...

gblowfish
03-22-2006, 06:46 PM
Gardner sucks. He should have a long talk with Albert White and Clarence Gilbert about "life in the NBA...or lack thereof."

CHENZ A!
03-22-2006, 06:51 PM
Best thing for MU basketball would be for this guy to transfer, or try ROFL to get drafted ROFL .. He claimed he loved Quin, yet refused to rebound or play defense for him, and he takes too many bad shots.

Spicy McHaggis
03-22-2006, 06:57 PM
I can understand why he declared. This year was the Thomas Gardener show for Mizzou. New coach coming in with a new system. There's no guarantee he'll get his 40 shots a game. He's going to try to ride his individual performance to the land where team ball is just an idea out of fairy tales, the NBA.

All that said the Tiggers are better off without him.

bkkcoh
03-23-2006, 05:54 AM
Good luck in Europe........

ChiefsFanatic
03-23-2006, 05:56 AM

Ricky Paulding sure wishes he had come out his junior year. He cost himself millions of dollars, but he got his degree.