PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Roof vs. Arrowhead Only Roof

petegz28
03-22-2006, 08:46 PM
If you had your decision which would you do?

damaticous
03-22-2006, 08:50 PM
sorry all you "K" fans...maybe I'm an anti-Royalsinaite or something. But the Royals haven't proven themselves since 1985. That's 11 years ago. At least the Chiefs have been in the playoffs since then. let the Royals go somewhere else. If the owner doesn't want to pay for players....let em go.

Course maybe I've been drinking too much tonight.

Fire Me Boy!
03-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Actually, 2006 minus 1985 is 21 years ago. But thanks for playing.

VonneMarie
03-22-2006, 08:52 PM
I voted for the rolling roof.

damaticous
03-22-2006, 09:07 PM
THank you. apparently I forgot how to subtract when drunk...ops. :)

You are right though. What's up with that?

My honest opinion????

Baseball has too many games. IF (and that's a capital I-F) baseball would play 1 game a week, like NFL, baseball would be more profitable like football is. let MLB play 20 games throughout the season and see what happens to ratings and profit.

IMHO of course.

SPchief
03-22-2006, 09:08 PM
Course maybe I've been drinking too much tonight.

Maybe just a little.

damaticous
03-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Oh! I should point out that I'm not a baseball fan since the strike of '89, 90'...or whatever. I, obvousily, think there are too many games. Players being over paid? Maybe not, but play too many games,(?) yes.

Sorry, I honestly don't mean to intrude or offend anyone, but that is my honest opinion. They'd (Royals and all MLB teams) would be more profitable if they played less games...like the NFL.

petegz28
03-22-2006, 09:15 PM
I don't think a roof benefits baseball much. We don't have many rainouts.

damaticous
03-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Interesting...

So you think a "rolling roof" would be pointless? My opinion is that a "rolling roof" would be a GREAT idea...if the Royals were better. Maybe one day that will happen. But, if like you said, "we don't have many rainouts" maybe it would just be better (cheaper?) if it was a roof over Arrowhead?

petegz28
03-22-2006, 09:23 PM
Interesting...

So you think a "rolling roof" would be pointless? My opinion is that a "rolling roof" would be a GREAT idea...if the Royals were better. Maybe one day that will happen. But, if like you said, "we don't have many rainouts" maybe it would just be better (cheaper?) if it was a roof over Arrowhead?

Yes cheaper and Arrowhead can cater to more events than the K. Concerts and etc. A roof on Arrowhead can even garner a Final 4 possibly.The only thing that sucks is that you lose the weather factor for football.

DenverChief
03-22-2006, 09:25 PM
But the Royals haven't proven themselves since 1985. That's 11 years ago.

They went to the playoffs in 1989

Spicy McHaggis
03-22-2006, 10:15 PM
They went to the playoffs in 1989

Are you sure? I thought 85 was our last playoff appearance.

Simplex3
03-22-2006, 10:22 PM
You can't put a roof over just Arrowhead, then we'd be the Rams without a Super Bowl that people were alive for. It has to move and it has to be a real pain in the ass to put the walls up to make it climate controlled. I'd prefer that the walls be dangerous to install and possibly even to the spectators at the event.

damaticous
03-22-2006, 11:01 PM
Yes cheaper and Arrowhead can cater to more events than the K. Concerts and etc. A roof on Arrowhead can even garner a Final 4 possibly.The only thing that sucks is that you lose the weather factor for football.

AWESOME point!!!! "lose the weather factor for football."

I agree with you there! I really do! And think that a "roof" does play into the factor of the game at hand. I like watching...let alone playing, in a stadium that is "outside" rather than under a dome that is climate controlled. I believe that playing outdoors shows not only the charcter of the players, but also the coaches!

But, I guess, the point is...why put a dome over the Royals stadium? What is it going to help? Revenue? no! More revenue comes from Arrowhead (I have no facts to back this up) than Royals doesn't it? I don't know that's why I'm asking.

I'm all for bringing in revenue and community service to Johnson County and surrounding areas, but what have the Royals done for Johnson County and the surrounding areas?

*Author notes that he does not live in Johnson County or the surrounding areas so he doesn't know. But would like to point out this article on KCCHIEFS.com --> http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2006/03/15/jackson_countydid_you_know/

TheChiefofSoCal
03-22-2006, 11:08 PM
Cover the fans.Leave the field uncovered,sorta like Dallas.Football is a mans game,to be played out doors in the weather.

Bugeater
03-22-2006, 11:08 PM
You can't put a roof over just Arrowhead, then we'd be the Rams without a Super Bowl that people were alive for. It has to move and it has to be a real pain in the ass to put the walls up to make it climate controlled. I'd prefer that the walls be dangerous to install and possibly even to the spectators at the event.

Maybe you can find the guy who engineered the original Kemper Arena roof.

beavis
03-22-2006, 11:20 PM
I thought 85 was our last playoff appearance.
That's because it was.

StcChief
03-23-2006, 07:06 AM
Arrowhead screw the K

Royals will leave anyway.

wolfpack0735
03-23-2006, 08:08 AM
screw the roof .....football was made to play outside in the weather on grass not in a dome or on rubber grass.