PDA

View Full Version : Any predictions on what happens RIGHT BEFORE the vote?

Fire Me Boy!
03-23-2006, 01:17 PM
OK, so the stadium tax issue is less than two weeks away... with the Chiefs' lack of activity, even letting a community-favorite go to Minnesota, do you think there will be a major signing right before the vote on April 4?

I'm not sure what to think, but with the Royals' announcement yesterday, and us clutching to $12 million under the cap, I half-expect the Chiefs to sign Ty Law.

Don't get me wrong -- that's not necessarily saying I support the signing of Law (although, without Warfield, I really REALLY want someone other than Battle, Sapp and Thorpe out there)...

What's everybody else think?

ct
03-23-2006, 01:30 PM
OK, so the stadium tax issue is less than two weeks away... with the Chiefs' lack of activity, even letting a community-favorite go to Minnesota, do you think there will be a major signing right before the vote on April 4?

I'm not sure what to think, but with the Royals' announcement yesterday, and us clutching to $12 million under the cap, I half-expect the Chiefs to sign Ty Law.

Don't get me wrong -- that's not necessarily saying I support the signing of Law (although, without Warfield, I really REALLY want someone other than Battle, Sapp and Thorpe out there)...

What's everybody else think?

I think if Thorpe is 4th on our CB depth chart, we're in deeper shit than even the planeteers could have guessed.

Dunit35
03-23-2006, 02:15 PM
I think if Thorpe is 4th on our CB depth chart, we're in deeper shit than even the planeteers could have guessed.

Thorpe is going to play both ways this year.

Reaper16
03-23-2006, 02:19 PM
Thorpe is going to play both ways this year.
Well, he had better tell the other dude in the relationship that his name is Craphonzo for a reason. Wrap that s*** up.

Fire Me Boy!
03-23-2006, 02:37 PM
Sorry... I meant Hodge.

Reaper16
03-23-2006, 02:39 PM
Sorry... I meant Hodge.
Salright, we know. I'm inclined to agree with you, though I have no desire to overpay for the human pass interference call.

CHENZ A!
03-23-2006, 02:43 PM
I think the Chiefs will more likely wait until after the vote, and then when it is turned down, play the "we have no money" card.

Fire Me Boy!
03-23-2006, 02:45 PM
There's a big JaxCo Sports Commission meeting today (in about 15 minutes)... I kinda think they're going to come out and say if it doesn't pass (because they know it's not going to) that they'll spend the $90 million it will take to bring the stadiums up to "state of the art" and fulfill their current contract, locking the teams up through 2015.

Jayhawkerman2001
03-23-2006, 02:47 PM
Well probably sign a player or 2 before then, because if they keep going like this, the voters would definitely be less inclined to vote yes. personally people really need to vote yes, IMO

Rain Man
03-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Think about what a splash it would make if we were to re-sign Willie Lanier.

KCTitus
03-23-2006, 02:53 PM

nope...

If I were wearing my tinfoil hat, the answer might be different, however.

kregger
03-23-2006, 03:09 PM
I think Carl will personally reveal a brand new state of the art 5 year plan.

BigRock
03-23-2006, 03:15 PM
There will only be a big pre-vote FA signing if the Powers That Be think the population of KC is dumb enough to base their vote on who the Chiefs have signed in one month of one season's free agency period, rather than basing it on, you know, something important.

The question is are the people that dumb? And if they are that dumb, do the people in charge know it?

Mr. Kotter
03-23-2006, 03:28 PM
I think the Chiefs will more likely wait until after the vote, and then when it is turned down, play the "we have no money" card.

That's where my money is..... :banghead: