PDA

View Full Version : natural peanut butter

MOhillbilly
03-23-2006, 02:13 PM
man that shit was gross. My mom the hippy tried to pass this off on me when i was little and give the " its better for you " than the real thing line.

you had to mix the peanut oil back into the mash. GAG!!! it was salty and the consistancy of babyshit and smelled and as i imagined tasted likewise....

morphius
03-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Never tried it, but I have a buddy who seems like almond butter.

Gonzo
03-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Yeah, but do dogs like it?

bogie
03-23-2006, 02:16 PM
It is gross. My 8 year old had it once, and now will not touch it.

Hydrae
03-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Never tried it, but I have a buddy who seems like almond butter.

About once in a blue moon I buy cashew butter from Whole Foods down here. Good stuff! :thumb:

Iowanian
03-23-2006, 02:22 PM
I'll bet you had it with gooseberry Jam too...

morphius
About once in a blue moon I buy cashew butter from Whole Foods down here. Good stuff! :thumb:
Both sound interesting, I would just need a free sample before buying that.

mmmmm PB&J

Gonzo
man that shit was gross. My mom the hippy tried to pass this off on me when i was little and give the " its better for you " than the real thing line.

you had to mix the peanut oil back into the mash. GAG!!! it was salty and the consistancy of babyshit and smelled and as i imagined tasted likewise....

You said "Nut Butter" he he he.

Gonzo
03-23-2006, 02:23 PM
The Snozberries taste like Snozberries!!!!

ENDelt260
03-23-2006, 02:37 PM
I agree. Natural peanut butter sucks. I bet the jar that got bought when I was a kid is still in the cupboard at Mom's house. She never throws anything away.

Gonzo
03-23-2006, 02:46 PM
I agree. Natural peanut butter sucks. I bet the jar that got bought when I was a kid is still in the cupboard at Mom's house. She never throws anything away.

Yeah...I know.

(Turnabout is fair play)

MOhillbilly
03-23-2006, 02:47 PM
lucky you, we had to eat it.... or no normal anything.

how about salmon or jackmak instead of tuna for sandwiches?
i always wondered why other peoples tunafish didnt have bits of spine and ribs.

Iowanian
03-23-2006, 02:55 PM
salmon patties?

Hah.

When I little, my grandmother would have some of my uncles(i got to go, but was too little) sein the river, and canned every carp, drum, buffalo et al, and made fried "salmon patties" from that.

At the time, I didn't know that wasn't fine eating though.

Baby Lee
03-23-2006, 02:55 PM
Maybe it's because my mom treated my ADHD by taking away sugar instead of drugging me, but I can't stand regular PB when Natural is around.
My PBJ sammiches in grade school were homemade wheat bread, homemade jam [1/2 the sugar], and natural PB picked up at GNC at Bannister.
Then Smuckers came out with their version.
Now, I taste Peter Pan or the like and the sugar and fillers just clog my senses. It's not that is tastes BAD, it just tastes FAKE.

MOhillbilly
03-23-2006, 03:08 PM
salmon patties?

Hah.

When I little, my grandmother would have some of my uncles(i got to go, but was too little) sein the river, and canned every carp, drum, buffalo et al, and made fried "salmon patties" from that.

At the time, I didn't know that wasn't fine eating though.

we used to gig for carp and suckers and make 'carp patties' from processed caned carp. good stuff.

but im talking about when my Grandmother would take me to school w/ her and make salmon sandwiches- the shit had bones it it. bwah!
(this is the same woman that put out bbq little smokies for the main course at thanksgiving - ive never forgiven her, and will never let anyone forget)

MOhillbilly
03-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Maybe it's because my mom treated my ADHD by taking away sugar instead of drugging me, but I can't stand regular PB when Natural is around.
My PBJ sammiches in grade school were homemade wheat bread, homemade jam [1/2 the sugar], and natural PB picked up at GNC at Bannister.
Then Smuckers came out with their version.
Now, I taste Peter Pan or the like and the sugar and fillers just clog my senses. It's not that is tastes BAD, it just tastes FAKE.

weird. is that like a church thing? cause my mom did the samething, i still rarely drink soda.

ENDelt260
03-23-2006, 03:10 PM
lucky you, we had to eat it.... or no normal anything.

I think Dad actually had the jar given to him by somebody. I seem to recall trying it at least once... then going back to Peter Pan or whatever the f*ck I ate.

ENDelt260
03-23-2006, 03:13 PM
salmon patties?

Mom made salmon patties when I was a kid and I never thought anything of it. Hell, I liked 'em. I remember when I was in the fraternity one time the steward decided to put salmon patties on the menu. There was much bitching... but, the consensus decided to give it a shot once. But, our cook was really lazy. He didn't feel like making 80 or however many patties. So, he made salmon loaves. Yeah... those didn't turn out so well. We never had salmon again.

MOhillbilly
03-23-2006, 03:19 PM
We never had salmon again.

in a frat house? come on!

Iowanian
03-23-2006, 03:24 PM
Delt....were those "salmon patties" made out of every turd eating trash fish in the river?

ENDelt260
03-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Delt....were those "salmon patties" made out of every turd eating trash fish in the river?
I doubt it. Unless that's what Price Chopper sells.

Baby Lee
03-23-2006, 03:52 PM
weird. is that like a church thing? cause my mom did the samething, i still rarely drink soda.
More like moms catching sight of me wandering around on Ritalin and saying 'eff this.'