PDA

View Full Version : Who will Chiefs draft with their first pick?

jlscorpio
03-28-2006, 12:09 PM
I'm going with Ashton Youboty from OSU...

nascher
03-28-2006, 12:22 PM
no 20 is way to high for Youboty !!!

ct
03-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Tamba Hali

Halfcan
03-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Trezelle Jenkins-it might work this time around.

Delano
03-28-2006, 12:33 PM
Ever considered that sub forum titled DRAFT planet? I bet it is filled with hard-to-find info that you are looking for.

58-4ever
03-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Tamba Hali

I 2nd this selection.

htismaqe
03-28-2006, 12:58 PM
#20 is NOT too high for Youboty. He's a very, very good CB.

However, I really hope we don't take him if Hali is there.

KCfanfromNC
03-28-2006, 02:02 PM
antonio cromartie (fingers crossed)

Mecca
03-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Youboty is a better pro prospect than Hali is......Also look at the history OSU has of putting corners in the NFL. They've put numerous very good corners in the league.

Mr. Laz
03-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Deuce Lutui

Tribal Warfare
03-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Youboty is a better pro prospect than Hali is......Also look at the history OSU has of putting corners in the NFL. They've put numerous very good corners in the league.

History doesn't mean squat a player is judged by his talent and skills individually. Like the guy you have in you're sig Mecca

Hali IMO is a better pro prospect than Youboty, but it seems that KC is leaning toward Lawson though

Mecca
03-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Lawson isn't getting by Dallas at the latest.

Tribal Warfare
03-28-2006, 10:40 PM

according to which source? they're varied on the net

Mecca
03-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Lawson fits Dallas perfectly.....plus their other need FS can be had in the mid rounds.

Tribal Warfare
03-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Lawson fits Dallas perfectly.....plus their other need FS can be had in the mid rounds.

So your saying this out of opinion and not fact

Mecca
03-28-2006, 11:27 PM
Common knowledge.......3-4 edge rushers go early in drafts. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Lawson go to Cleveland then see Dallas take a Kamerion Wimbley to fill that spot.

Tribal Warfare
03-28-2006, 11:30 PM
Common knowledge.......3-4 edge rushers go early in drafts. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Lawson go to Cleveland then see Dallas take a Kamerion Wimbley to fill that spot.

Chad Greenway

Mecca
03-28-2006, 11:31 PM
Chad Greenway is a cover 2 LB......he doesn't fit 3-4 teams. Unless they plan on moving him to one of the MLB spots.

jspchief
03-28-2006, 11:34 PM
Hey Tribal, isn't it your pick on the mock draft?

Tribal Warfare
03-29-2006, 12:14 AM
Chad Greenway is a cover 2 LB......he doesn't fit 3-4 teams. Unless they plan on moving him to one of the MLB spots.

In truth the word from the "rumor mill"

Is that Dallas has a strong interest in Bobby Carpenter

DJ_is_the_realdeal
03-29-2006, 02:40 PM
The Chiefs should go after eric moulds and draft Hali. If we can get to the QB it would take alot of pressure off our corners.

ct
03-29-2006, 02:46 PM
The Chiefs should go after eric moulds and draft Hali. If we can get to the QB it would take alot of pressure off our corners.

:thumb:

Atta boy n00b!! Welcome to ChiefsPlanet!!

Mr. Laz
03-29-2006, 03:15 PM

if memory serves, you said the same silly crap about Derrick Johnson last year.

Mecca
03-29-2006, 06:22 PM
if memory serves, you said the same silly crap about Derrick Johnson last year.

I knew Dallas was taking Ware or Merriman....personally I thought we were hosed on getting Johnson when the Saints moved up.

Tribal Warfare
03-29-2006, 07:44 PM
I knew Dallas was taking Ware or Merriman....personally I thought we were hosed on getting Johnson when the Saints moved up.

:rolleyes: Raiduhs

Mecca
03-29-2006, 09:37 PM
It was out for weeks that Parcells thought Johnson was soft. Detroit was the only team that people thought would take him, when he went by I assumed we had him till the Saints traded up, but then they passed on him anyway.

Mr. Laz
03-29-2006, 11:23 PM
It was out for weeks that Parcells thought Johnson was soft. Detroit was the only team that people thought would take him, when he went by I assumed we had him till the Saints traded up, but then they passed on him anyway.

Voyager?

RedThat
03-30-2006, 01:54 PM
I have set a list. I'm gonna say, I hope the Chiefs draft the following. Either a DE, CB, S, and/or OLB.

With this being said, here are my target players I'd like for the Chiefs to draft. I think it is a realistic possibly that any of these guys will be there at 20. Here they are:

-Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State university
-Jimmy Williams, S/CB, Virgnia Tech university
-Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa university
-Ashton Youbouty, CB, Ohio State university
-Antonio Cromartie, CB, Florida state university

*If Greenway is there at 20, I can't help but to say, I'd like to see the Chiefs take him. I have to agree with Mecca, Greenway is a good cover 2 LB. If we are going to go cover 2 defense, then I'd like to see us improve at the OLB position. Cover 2 defense the OLB are usually the playmakers. Then we could always find a zone cover 2 CB in the 2nd. Greenway would be perfect, and would start on opening day. You have to take him if he is there waiting in the wings.

Mr. Laz
03-30-2006, 02:29 PM
we better not take antonio cromartie with the 20th pick.

Chiefnj
03-30-2006, 02:35 PM
I have a gut feeling it will definately be a CB.

htismaqe
03-30-2006, 04:06 PM
we better not take antonio cromartie with the 20th pick.

It wouldn't at all surprise me. It's a risk/reward thing, the guy would have been a top 5 pick easy...

philfree
03-31-2006, 09:10 AM
Who will the Chiefs draft with their first pick?

We trade down to recover that 4th round pick we gave for Herm and then pick Thomas Howard LB from UTEP. 239 LBs with 4.2 speed with the ability to play pass, run or rush the passer. DJ Light with a little better pass rush. Then we go for our DE, CB or DT in the second round and I have a gut feeling that Kiwinuka will slip to us in the second round just like DJ did in the 1st round last year. And for final 1st day pick we take Johnathon Orr WR from Wisconsin. 6'2" 198LBS with 4.44 speed. Add in the recovered 4th round pick and we have 5 second day picks to land a gem.

PhilFree:arrow:

Chiefnj
03-31-2006, 09:40 AM
It wouldn't at all surprise me. It's a risk/reward thing, the guy would have been a top 5 pick easy...

You never know if he would have been a top 5 pick. Kiwi was a sure top 10 pick in September. Rod Right was the top DT coming into 2005.

Cromartie started one game at FSU. He might be a fantastic athlete, but he is a project. The Chiefs aren't deep enough at CB for a first round project. That means, like you said, he's a perfect CP pick. Damn.

htismaqe
03-31-2006, 01:39 PM
Who will the Chiefs draft with their first pick?

We trade down to recover that 4th round pick we gave for Herm and then pick Thomas Howard LB from UTEP. 239 LBs with 4.2 speed with the ability to play pass, run or rush the passer. DJ Light with a little better pass rush. Then we go for our DE, CB or DT in the second round and I have a gut feeling that Kiwinuka will slip to us in the second round just like DJ did in the 1st round last year. And for final 1st day pick we take Johnathon Orr WR from Wisconsin. 6'2" 198LBS with 4.44 speed. Add in the recovered 4th round pick and we have 5 second day picks to land a gem.

Sorry dude, but that would be a damn disappointing draft...

jlscorpio
03-31-2006, 03:02 PM
AMEN. F@#$ trading down to recover a 4th round pick

Mr. Laz
03-31-2006, 04:26 PM
bad call imo .......... the chiefs shouldn't have any confidence in their ability to evaluation/develop cornerbacks at this point.

if we wanna take a risk on a offensive lineman, i'm good ... but we want the sure bet type player when it comes to the secondary, not high risk/high reward guy.

i'm not sure we won't destroy the sure bet guy at this point. :(

Brock
03-31-2006, 06:27 PM
They have so many holes, they could go any direction.

keg in kc
03-31-2006, 07:00 PM
bad call imo .......... the chiefs shouldn't have any confidence in their ability to evaluation/develop cornerbacks at this point

i'm not sure we won't destroy the sure bet guy at this point. :(It's a new defensive coaching staff (minus gun of course) with a head coach who was a DB in the league and coached db's. I don't think we should expect the same kind of evaluation or development in the secondary now. We should expect a lot more.

StcChief
03-31-2006, 09:27 PM
CB

Tribal Warfare
03-31-2006, 09:39 PM
DE/DT

if the player we want isn't their KC will trade down and get either Hali/Watson. It was reported that they were really scouting the two prospects besides Lawson and Wimbley.

Mr. Laz
04-01-2006, 11:08 AM
It's a new defensive coaching staff (minus gun of course) with a head coach who was a DB in the league and coached db's. I don't think we should expect the same kind of evaluation or development in the secondary now. We should expect a lot more.
i believe it when i see it ......... goonther is still there

RedThat
04-01-2006, 12:05 PM
We are going to draft a CB and S in rds 1 & 2. I have a gut feeling and you guys heard it here. I'm sure you've heard it somewhere else too.

I'm going by my own intuition and instincts on this. I pay close attention to the depth charts. We are not going to fix the D-line.

Look at how many D-lineman we have?

-DE Hicks, Wilkerson, K. Bell, C. Hall, J. Allen

-DT Sims, R. Edwards, Dalton, Browning, Siavii, E. Freeman

That's 11 D-lineman in total! And I don't anticipate on these guys being gone, I don't think our personnel for our D-line is going to change one bit. These are our guys and we have to live with it.

*Now the DB's is a different story. We are very thin there. Imo, DeWayne Washington is considered gone right now. that leaves us with Hodge, Sapp, and Battle. That is pretty thin on the depth charts if you ask me. And aside from Surtain, we lack a quality starter next to him. So it all makes sense in the end. We release Warfield because we figure he is not worth the $$$ he was seeking, and we are going to replace him with a good quality starter in the 1st round. It all makes sense. Im happy if we draft a corner. Last time I checked we only had 1 guy in the secondary that can cover and that is Surtain. We have 2 safeties, 1 of them is dumb, and the other is just flat out slow. Sammy knight couldn't cover if their was a turtle placed at WR.

Gawd I hope we rebuild that secondary. Do it Herm! Bring on a CB that could cover, and safety in here that can cover, tackle and make plays.

Best move for the Chiefs imo, is to trade down. Select Ashton Youbouty in the 1st. He'll be available let's say at 25. If you want a consistent CB, he is the guy the chiefs should draft. And it is good to trade down, at least you get back your 4th round pick you lost for Herm.

milkman
04-01-2006, 12:18 PM
We are going to draft a CB and S in rds 1 & 2. I have a gut feeling and you guys heard it here. I'm sure you've heard it somewhere else too.

I'm going by my own intuition and instincts on this. I pay close attention to the depth charts. We are not going to fix the D-line.

Look at how many D-lineman we have?

-DE Hicks, Wilkerson, K. Bell, C. Hall, J. Allen

That's 11 D-lineman in total! And I don't anticipate on these guys being gone, I don't think our personnel for our D-line is going to change one bit. These are our guys and we have to live with it.

*Now the DB's is a different story. We are very thin there. Imo, DeWayne Washington is considered gone right now. that leaves us with Hodge, Sapp, and Battle. That is pretty thin on the depth charts if you ask me. And aside from Surtain, we lack a quality starter next to him. So it all makes sense in the end. We release Warfield because we figure he is not worth the $$$ he was seeking, and we are going to replace him with a good quality starter in the 1st round. It all makes sense. Im happy if we draft a corner. Last time I checked we only had 1 guy in the secondary that can cover and that is Surtain. We have 2 safeties, 1 of them is dumb, and the other is just flat out slow. Sammy knight couldn't cover if their was a turtle placed at WR.

Gawd I hope we rebuild that secondary. Do it Herm! Bring on a CB that could cover, and safety in here that can cover, tackle and make plays.

Best move for the Chiefs imo, is to trade down. Select Ashton Youbouty in the 1st. He'll be available let's say at 25. If you want a consistent CB, he is the guy the chiefs should draft. And it is good to trade down, at least you get back your 4th round pick you lost for Herm.

No offense, but I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that your instincts are any better than a monkey's with his hand in a cookie jar.

It doesn't matter how many bodies we have along the defensive front, they are nothing more than bodies.

You can spend every pick in the draft on CBs and safeties trying to fix the secondary, it ain't gonna make one damn bit of difference if you don't fix the D-Line.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Youboty is the next Quintin Jammer.

I hope like hell we go D-Line in the first.
If the best athlete available is a CB, I can get behind that.

But if it's a choice between Hali, or Bunkley, and Youboty, then I'll be pissed if Youboty is the pick.

Oh, and by the way, if you're going to pimp a player, you should really learn how to spell his name correctly.

RedThat
04-01-2006, 12:32 PM
No offense, but I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that your instincts are any better than a monkey's with his hand in a cookie jar.

It doesn't matter how many bodies we have along the defensive front, they are nothing more than bodies.

You can spend every pick in the draft on CBs and safeties trying to fix the secondary, it ain't gonna make one damn bit of difference if you don't fix the D-Line.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Youboty is the next Quintin Jammer.

I hope like hell we go D-Line in the first.
If the best athlete available is a CB, I can get behind that.

But if it's a choice between Hali, or Bunkley, and Youboty, then I'll be pissed if Youboty is the pick.

Oh, and by the way, if you're going to pimp a player, you should really learn how to spell his name correctly.

Bro, we have problems on D. But not just in 1 area....we have them everywhere ok. I'd love it if we drafted D-line, but it ain't happening. It ain't happening. We have invested so much there the last 3, 4 years or so. you know gunther has a boner for Hicks....And you also know Jared Allen is a lock to start! The Chiefs are not giving up on Sims, he could still be coached up, he was hampered with injuries and sh*t, which caused a little bump in his development process. Same thing can be said about Ron Edwards. All those guys are going to get coached up. It's obvious. Dalton re-signed here, and i anticipate that move as a depth move...like a situational, rotational lineman kinda guy. John Browning ain't going anywhere, once again, Gunther has a boner for him too. The line ain't gonna be fixed.

Best athlete available is a CB? Nah, I think our choices are pretty much narrowed down. We have to go CB in rd 1. Youbouty is tha man. Have you seen him play? Best CB in the draft. Bar none.

Spicy McHaggis
04-01-2006, 01:32 PM

True and some of the guys named are no lock to be around come kickoff of '06. Browning might retire, Freeman is in the NFLE and Siavii might just suck bad enough or punch a cop and get cut outright.

I can see the argument for a CB too though as outside of Surtain no one's really proved anything. Honestly this wouldn't even be a discussion if we hadn't cut Warfield this year or would've signed a more than adequate number two like Dyson.

Still Hali is the guy I'm in love with and the thought of him and Allen coming off the corners for many years to come makes me quite happy.

milkman
04-01-2006, 01:40 PM
True and some of the guys named are no lock to be around come kickoff of '06. Browning might retire, Freeman is in the NFLE and Siavii might just suck bad enough or punch a cop and get cut outright.

I can see the argument for a CB too though as outside of Surtain no one's really proved anything. Honestly this wouldn't even be a discussion if we hadn't cut Warfield this year or would've signed a more than adequate number two like Dyson.

Still Hali is the guy I'm in love with and the thought of him and Allen coming off the corners for many years to come makes me quite happy.

I've said this before.

Hali in the first, and Richard Marshall in the second would be what I consider an outstanding first two rounds.

Then a Bobatunde Oshinowo or Jesse Mahelona in the third would make it a damn good first day.

philfree
04-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Sorry dude, but that would be a damn disappointing draft...

That's a matter of opinion I reckon but it depends on who is available at #20. I guess we could draft for need in the 1st round and we do need a CB but but I think we can get a decent CB in the second round. I lised that and just put Kiwi in there for a sexy pick I guess. Besides that Howard is a playmaker and Orr will be a steal in the third round with his talent. He didn't have the numbers in college but that was due to lousy QBs and a run oriented offense.

htismaqe
04-01-2006, 09:44 PM
That's a matter of opinion I reckon but it depends on who is available at #20. I guess we could draft for need in the 1st round and we do need a CB but but I think we can get a decent CB in the second round. I lised that and just put Kiwi in there for a sexy pick I guess. Besides that Howard is a playmaker and Orr will be a steal in the third round with his talent. He didn't have the numbers in college but that was due to lousy QBs and a run oriented offense.

I just don't like Kiwi. Kind of like how I felt about Erasmus James last year...

ct
04-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Question: would Kiwi fill any role > than Carlos Hall? I think no.

philfree
04-03-2006, 10:47 PM
I just don't like Kiwi. Kind of like how I felt about Erasmus James last year...

10-4 on that i'm not a real Kiwi fan either but in the 2nd round he could end up being a steal as opposed to a 1st round bust. So you don't hate the trade down/Howard pick in the 1st and Orr in the 3rd?

Mr. Kotter
04-03-2006, 11:22 PM

:spock:

When did we resign Freeman?

Miles
04-04-2006, 12:14 AM
:spock:

When did we resign Freeman?

Shortly after the NFL season was over he was picked up along with a handfull of other scrubs.

Tribal Warfare
04-04-2006, 03:03 AM
This is what I think will happen if Manny Lawson isn't their at the #20 spot KC will trade down or out of the 1st and pick-up Hali or Watson

htismaqe
04-04-2006, 11:09 AM

I'm not big on any of your selections, to be truthful. :D

I would REALLY like for us to draft a FS. I'd also like to see us address DT or CB.

I just don't see WR as a need at all. We've been not only fine, but the best in the league, with the jokers we have now.

Mr. Laz
04-04-2006, 12:03 PM

I would REALLY like for us to draft a FS. I'd also like to see us address DT or CB.

I just don't see WR as a need at all. We've been not only fine, but the best in the league, with the jokers we have now.
i must admit that you've become a pretty big FS pimp lately

just curious ... but who's better at their position?

Rank'em :

Ryan Sims - DT
Eric Hicks - LDE
Kendrell Bell - OLB
Greg Wesley - FS
Wesley Wall - CB
Samie Parker - WR
John Welbourn - RT

RedThat
04-04-2006, 12:10 PM

In my honest opinion. I would be happy IF we drafted either a DE, DT, CB, OLB, and a safety. We need either of the following.

Lurch
04-04-2006, 01:44 PM
...I would REALLY like for us to draft a FS. I'd also like to see us address DT or CB...

Bing in the second. Even if we need to trade up to get him.

htismaqe
04-04-2006, 02:14 PM
i must admit that you've become a pretty big FS pimp lately

just curious ... but who's better at their position?

Rank'em :

Ryan Sims - DT
Eric Hicks - LDE
Kendrell Bell - OLB
Greg Wesley - FS
Wesley Wall - CB
Samie Parker - WR
John Welbourn - RT

Wesley Walls? ROFL

It's really not about where they rank, although based on past performance I'd rate Hicks and Bell above Wesley.

It's also about what these guys were brought here to do. Lenny Walls will compete for a spot, he's not a starter. Bell was a former DRoY as a pass rusher, and Gunther decided to have him cover TE's. Parker and Sims have both been hampered by injuries. And Welbourn is playing out of position.

The only guy on that list that is a 100%, bonafide starter with no outside circumstances or other legitimate or illegitimate "excuses" (like playing out of position or being injured) is Wesley - and he just plain sucks.

Safety is the most overlooked position on defense, IMO. Every great defense has a great safety.

Brock
04-04-2006, 02:42 PM
We're due for another WTF draft.

philfree
04-04-2006, 06:00 PM

I see :hmmm: I want the best players available at any position. I could happen but I doubt that we draft a single player that will put us over the top in 2006. Especially if we draft for need and end up reaching. FS, DT and CB are needs but if we reach and it don't work out we've screwed ourselves. Just give me some playmakers. IMO Howard and Orr will be playmakers in the NFL. Now if I can pin down that playmaker in the 2nd round :hmmm: I just as soon it be a DE, CB or S but no matter the position we need a playmaker.

htismaqe
04-05-2006, 10:51 AM
I see :hmmm: I want the best players available at any position. I could happen but I doubt that we draft a single player that will put us over the top in 2006. Especially if we draft for need and end up reaching. FS, DT and CB are needs but if we reach and it don't work out we've screwed ourselves. Just give me some playmakers. IMO Howard and Orr will be playmakers in the NFL. Now if I can pin down that playmaker in the 2nd round :hmmm: I just as soon it be a DE, CB or S but no matter the position we need a playmaker.

I believe we can get playmakers AND address areas of need. There should be plenty of defensive talent available at S, DT, and DE in the first 3 rounds. I really don't want us to draft a WR.

DJ_is_the_realdeal
04-05-2006, 11:15 AM
Sooner or later we have to get a number one receiver. Eddie is good but just think how great he would be with a REAL #1 receiver opposite of him. Then things would open up for Tony G and Sami Parker. And just when they think they have us figured out. DRAW! Larry Johnson up the middle.

htismaqe
04-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Sooner or later we have to get a number one receiver. Eddie is good but just think how great he would be with a REAL #1 receiver opposite of him. Then things would open up for Tony G and Sami Parker. And just when they think they have us figured out. DRAW! Larry Johnson up the middle.

Until the defense is fixed, we should be targetting a WR LATER, not sooner.

Chiefnj
04-05-2006, 12:31 PM
Until the defense is fixed, we should be targetting a WR LATER, not sooner.

Does it really matter? Do you really think the Chiefs are a 1st and 2nd round 2006 draft pick away from being a Super Bowl contender this year?

RedThat
04-05-2006, 01:00 PM
Does it really matter? Do you really think the Chiefs are a 1st and 2nd round 2006 draft pick away from being a Super Bowl contender this year?

Absof*ckinglutely!
:thumb:

RedThat
04-05-2006, 01:09 PM
All we really need if you think about it, are, a passrushing DE, and a damn freak'n FS that can cover, tackle, and make the big plays when we need him to.

And that's it. Case solved. Defense fixed. We should be ok.

*All we have to do is draft Tamba Hali in rd 1, and draft a guy like Jason Allen, Darnell Bing, or a Ko Simpson in Rd 2....That would make for an excellent draft, and our team would look pretty solid, I would say pretty strong....playoffs? yes....SB? mmmm....not just there yet, but pretty damn close.

I'm really excited for next season.

Mr. Laz
04-05-2006, 01:16 PM

ah... innocence of youth :p

RedThat
04-05-2006, 01:20 PM
ah... innocence of youth :p

:LOL: :LOL: classic I tell ya, classic!

Brock
04-05-2006, 02:03 PM

Who the hell knows? I didn't see Seattle or Pittsburgh as being serious contenders last year. They're both good, but they aren't that damn good.

htismaqe
04-06-2006, 08:30 AM

Every team in the league is a 1st and 2nd-round draft pick away from being a Super Bowl contender...

RedThat
04-06-2006, 11:11 AM
Every team in the league is a 1st and 2nd-round draft pick away from being a Super Bowl contender...

If you think about it, say your a good drafting team, your 1st AND your 2nd rd picks should be quality starters on your football team.

There are possibly a handful of teams out there that anybody could easily say they're a player or 2 away from being a championship contender.

htismaqe
04-06-2006, 11:52 AM
If you think about it, say your a good drafting team, your 1st AND your 2nd rd picks should be quality starters on your football team.

There are possibly a handful of teams out there that anybody could easily say they're a player or 2 away from being a championship contender.

In the age of parity, anyone can win. Period.

RedThat
04-06-2006, 12:00 PM
In the age of parity, anyone can win. Period.

Oh absolutely. The Chiefs coulda made the SB last year. That might sound like a bit of a stretch. And it is. But I thought about it, take back 1 of our losses ala Buffalo or Philly, and that changes the whole perspective of things because Pittsburgh wouldn't have made the playoffs.

*Pittsburgh is a good team. SB champs and all. But, they ain't that much better than a Jacksonville, KC, Indy, NE, or even Denver, and San Diego. This league is so damn competitive, and surrounded with so much parody, that, even the teams that don't make the playoffs are good, and the champions are not in their own league. I think they're a tad better than some of the playoff teams out there, provided that they had a lot of luck. Pittsburgh had a lot of bounces last year, a lot things went their way. My point is, it is a wide open league. You never know. Everybody has a chance.

The Chiefs are close, even though we didn't make the playoffs, we are pretty damn close.

Spicy McHaggis
04-06-2006, 02:24 PM

I agree. There's no reason that you can't choose one of the top 32/64 college players in the country and get a quality starter. Unless you're under the impression that Junior Siavii and Kris Wilson are two of the top players and then you're either an idiot or your name is Carl. I guess it could be both actually.

OnTheWarpath58
04-06-2006, 03:57 PM
If you think about it, say you're the Chiefs, you trade out of the 1st AND your 2nd rd pick should be a ridiculous reach and ride the pine on your football team.

Fixed your post, RedBull.

Mecca
04-07-2006, 11:57 PM
All we really need if you think about it, are, a passrushing DE, and a damn freak'n FS that can cover, tackle, and make the big plays when we need him to.

And that's it. Case solved. Defense fixed. We should be ok.

*All we have to do is draft Tamba Hali in rd 1, and draft a guy like Jason Allen, Darnell Bing, or a Ko Simpson in Rd 2....That would make for an excellent draft, and our team would look pretty solid, I would say pretty strong....playoffs? yes....SB? mmmm....not just there yet, but pretty damn close.

Of course that doesn't address that we need DT's, or another corner.....Or that Jason Allen told coaches at the Senior Bowl he had no desire to be a Safety and really annoyed alot of people in general down there.

At this point I'm of the belief that Hali would be a reach at 20, if the Chiefs want him that bad to make him the first pick trade down and get more picks while doing it. If they're gonna stay in that spot they have to take someone else, it's to much of a reach at this point.