PDA

View Full Version : Team Fortress Classic

Otter
03-30-2006, 01:19 AM
I've only ever seen Team Fortress mentioned here once before so may not be a whole lot of interest but...

Background: Team Fortress is the original multi-player online game that came with the original Half Life. In it's day it was somewhat revolutionary gaming mainly due to it's real time online ability but it's sorely outdated by today’s standards.

My Point: A group of programmers are trying to come out with the next version of the game with up to date graphics, weapons, engine ect. Expected finish time is probably next winter.

If you want to check it out: http://fortress-forever.com/

Fat Elvis
03-30-2006, 01:33 AM
I was a TFC junkie there for a while. If they get the new TFC finished, I will have to get HL2 just to play it. I loved Avanti and Dustbowl.

Guru
03-30-2006, 01:42 AM
They just dropped the price of HL2 to $29.95. Perfect time for you to come on board and experience the best FPS do date. Argueably of course.

unlurking
03-30-2006, 02:06 AM
Man, I used to be hardcore TFCer. Hell, even played the UT mod for TFC. Original was buggy as hell, but after some updates, that version kicked the shit out of the HL versions. Remote cameras, mortars, flame throwers on sentries. Man, I miss that game. Will have to check out this new version.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-31-2006, 09:37 AM
I miss Quake 3

morphius
03-31-2006, 01:55 PM
fortress-forever? Isn't that doomed from the get go? I mean seriously, isn't using "forever" in the title a way of saying that a game will not be released forever?

morphius
Duke, where are you?

TrickyNicky
03-31-2006, 06:32 PM
I liked TFC a lot too. Then i moved on to the NeoTFC mod and then back to TFC for conc-jumping. Haven't played it in a few years though.