PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP Question

bkkcoh
03-30-2006, 06:10 AM
I have managed to end up having to sign on to Windows vs signing up as the user.

Does anyone know how to eliminate the signing onto windows?

thanks...

SLAG
03-30-2006, 07:54 AM
Start..

Settings..

Control Panel.

User Accounts..

bkkcoh
03-30-2006, 09:20 AM
Start..

Settings..

Control Panel.

User Accounts..

Ok, and then delete the accounts ??

We have the accounts set up to prevent access to some of the computer because of kids.

then do I restart the computer and the redo the users??

SLAG
03-30-2006, 09:23 AM
I guess im confused as to what exactly you are wanting to accomplish

wilas101
03-30-2006, 09:40 AM
If you are looking to stop hitting ctrl-alt-delete to log onto windows and want to just select a user follow slag's instructions to get to the user accounts in control panels.

From there go to the advanced tab and there will be a check box at the bottom where it says "secure logon". Uncheck that box and it will change bring up the list of users at the startup and you can just select the one you want.

This is assuming I'm understanding what you want to accomplish.

bkkcoh
03-30-2006, 09:41 AM
I guess im confused as to what exactly you are wanting to accomplish

Before yesterday, the XP user screen came up so the users that were defined could sign in.

After messing with the computer last night, a sign-on to windows box comes on and you have to sign on at that point. I want to eliminate that sign-on and go back to the user icon sign-on...

Does that clear it up? Hopefully...

bkkcoh
03-30-2006, 09:42 AM
If you are looking to stop hitting ctrl-alt-delete to log onto windows and want to just select a user follow slag's instructions to get to the user accounts in control panels.

From there go to the advanced tab and there will be a check box at the bottom where it says "secure logon". Uncheck that box and it will change bring up the list of users at the startup and you can just select the one you want.

I responded to Slag's response, does it clear it up as to what I want to eliminate?

wilas101
03-30-2006, 09:44 AM
I believe so. Try following my instructions there and let us know if that fixes it for ya.

wilas101
03-30-2006, 09:46 AM
Of course I'm operating in XP pro at the moment... xp home might look a little different. If I remember right there was something in the user accounts control panel that said "change the way I log in". You might have to use that.

bkkcoh
03-30-2006, 10:09 AM
Of course I'm operating in XP pro at the moment... xp home might look a little different. If I remember right there was something in the user accounts control panel that said "change the way I log in". You might have to use that.

Thanks, I will try it when I get home tonight.. :)

bkkcoh
03-30-2006, 08:32 PM

I don't see an advanced tab on the screen for the user ids..

DaFace
03-30-2006, 08:53 PM
User Accounts control panel
-Click "Change the way users log on and off"
-Put a check next to "Use the welcome screen."

That do it?

bkkcoh
03-31-2006, 05:55 AM
User Accounts control panel
-Click "Change the way users log on and off"
-Put a check next to "Use the welcome screen."

That do it?

I will try it when I get home. Thanks for the info..

HC_Chief
03-31-2006, 08:21 AM
"Use the welcome screen." is the answer.

bkkcoh
04-01-2006, 06:37 AM
I was able to get the situation resolved with your guys help...