PDA

View Full Version : Lzen - Symphony X

chagrin
03-31-2006, 12:33 PM
I feel so bad for being so far out of the loop, I had to take a break from contributing to "the scene" for a few years but I checked out their web site after I saw your "Instrumental" post.

They sound pretty cool, I liked what I heard on their "downloads" section. Good job!

Lzen
03-31-2006, 01:54 PM
When I first heard them I thought the style, especially the singer, was a little 80s sounding. But I gotta say that they've really grown on me. It's great stuff, man. I have V and The Divine Wings Of Tragedy. Both are great albums that I would recommend them to anybody.

Reaper16
03-31-2006, 02:52 PM
Symphony X >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Dream Theater

Nightwish
04-02-2006, 01:48 AM
Symphony X is pretty freakin' awesome! I saw them live back in '03 when they opened for Blind Guardian. If you dig SymphX, check out Star One "Space Metal," which is a side project of Ayreon's Arjen Anthony Lucassen and features several vocalists, including Russell Allen of SymphX. Star One isn't nearly as proggy as SymphX or Ayreon, it's a lot more straightforward hard rock, but it's quite good!

*Yeah, I know, Reaper, we've already had this discussion; I'm just mentioning it for the others.

Lzen
04-02-2006, 09:34 AM
I was really disappointed last year when the Gigantour didn't come to KC. I was really looking forward to see DT, Symphony X, and Megadeth all in the same show. I have yet to see Symphony X live. I know Megadeth isn't what they used to be, but they were one of my favorite bands in the 80s and early 90s. All 3 of these bands together (with a couple other bands) would've been fantastic. Too bad they don't like the Midwest anymore. :(

Reaper16
04-02-2006, 10:39 AM
Symphony X is pretty freakin' awesome! I saw them live back in '03 when they opened for Blind Guardian. If you dig SymphX, check out Star One "Space Metal," which is a side project of Ayreon's Arjen Anthony Lucassen and features several vocalists, including Russell Allen of SymphX. Star One isn't nearly as proggy as SymphX or Ayreon, it's a lot more straightforward hard rock, but it's quite good!

*Yeah, I know, Reaper, we've already had this discussion; I'm just mentioning it for the others.

I present - the verse of amazement:
"I can't remember, am I insane?
My mind is blank 'cuz they emptied my brain
I will return, I will be back
I will unite us and we will attack"

- Russell Allen, from the Star One song "Intergalactic Space Crusaders."

"Seven fighters, navigators, intergalactic space crusaders!"

Nightwish
04-04-2006, 11:36 PM
I present - the verse of amazement:
"I can't remember, am I insane?
My mind is blank 'cuz they emptied my brain
I will return, I will be back
I will unite us and we will attack"

- Russell Allen, from the Star One song "Intergalactic Space Crusaders."

"Seven fighters, navigators, intergalactic space crusaders!"
Every time I hear that song I think, that's how Deep Purple would sound if they were metal! That's my favorite song on the album!

Reaper16
04-04-2006, 11:50 PM
Every time I hear that song I think, that's how Deep Purple would sound if they were metal! That's my favorite song on the album!
Mine too; I loves me some Intergalactic Space Crusaders.