PDA

View Full Version : Creed Greatest Hits CD

Dunit35
04-02-2006, 12:51 AM
I just picked this up today. I don't know how long it's been out but does anybody like Creeds music? I actually like listening to their songs.

Halfcan
04-02-2006, 12:55 AM
I just picked this up today. I don't know how long it's been out but does anybody like Creeds music? I actually like listening to their songs.

Yeah it is an awesome disk. They are great in concert too. They might have had a chance at being one of the all time greats-if they didn't break up.

Spicy McHaggis
04-02-2006, 01:17 AM
Yeah it is an awesome disk. They are great in concert too. They might have had a chance at being one of the all time greats-if they didn't break up.

You're joking right? Creed, the band that is a blatant Pearl Jame rip-off, the band that commercialized grunge to make a buck, tried to con Christians into buying their music and then backed off the whole thing later, the band that got it's ass beat by 311, the band what was fronted by all-around douchebag Scott Stapp and wrote that craptacular piece of shit song "higher", had a chance at being one of the "all-time greats"?

No man. The Stones are an all time great. The Beatles are an all time great. Led Zeppelin is an all time great.

Creed is generic pop rock.

Nightwish
04-02-2006, 01:37 AM
I liked them okay, but I never went gaga over them. They did put on a helluva live stage show, though (ditto with Nickelback). As far as the greatest hits, I doubt I'll waste money on it, as most of the songs on it are just "okay," while most of the songs I really liked from them would never be on a greatest hits cd, as they didn't get much airplay, for example "Who's Got My Back," which is probably the greatest song they ever did. The only one on the greatest hits cd that I really loved more than just casually liked is "One Last Breath."

Lzen
04-02-2006, 09:36 AM
You're joking right? Creed, the band that is a blatant Pearl Jame rip-off, the band that commercialized grunge to make a buck, tried to con Christians into buying their music and then backed off the whole thing later, the band that got it's ass beat by 311, the band what was fronted by all-around douchebag Scott Stapp and wrote that craptacular piece of shit song "higher", had a chance at being one of the "all-time greats"?

No man. The Stones are an all time great. The Beatles are an all time great. Led Zeppelin is an all time great.

Pearl Jam ripoff?? ROFL The Stones are overrated. The Beatles are overrated. 4321 Creed was a great band.

Ultra Peanut
04-02-2006, 10:31 AM

Creed is generic pop rock.I heard that from all the way over here.

Reaper16
04-02-2006, 10:40 AM

Sooooo much reppage.

jspchief
04-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Pearl Jam ripoff?? ROFL The Stones are overrated. The Beatles are overrated. 4321 Creed was a great band.Please tell me you're joking.

DJay23
04-02-2006, 11:37 AM
I didn't realize Creed ever produced anything that could be described as "greatest" or a "hit."

As far as I'm concerned, Creed=Nickelback=3 Doors Down. I honestly have a trouble telling the difference between them.

Lake
04-02-2006, 01:25 PM
Do not forget about Default or Days of the New. I will pick this up eventually. The Stones are not overrated.

Gaz
04-02-2006, 01:56 PM
I like some of Creed’s songs. True, they remind me of Nickelback or 3 Door Down, but I do not consider that a bad thing.

I downloaded some Default from eMusic just the other day. Good stuff. Nothing exotic, but good alternative rock.

And yes, the Stones are overrated.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not sure whence the oh-so-chic Planet’s Creed hatred.

QuikSsurfer
04-02-2006, 01:57 PM

I CREATED!!! I CREATED!!! I CREATED!!

Lake
04-02-2006, 02:01 PM
Close. It is actually AH Creaa-ted, Ah Creaa-tid, Ahh Creaa-tidd.

The Stones are overrated now and have been since the Eighties. The Stones of the Sixties and Seventies are not.

Reaper16
04-02-2006, 02:04 PM
I like some of Creed’s songs. True, they remind me of Nickelback or 3 Door Down, but I do not consider that a bad thing.

I downloaded some Default from eMusic just the other day. Good stuff. Nothing exotic, but good alternative rock.

And yes, the Stones are overrated.

xoxo~
Gaz
Not sure whence the oh-so-chic Planet’s Creed hatred.

I think Creed hatred stems from different Planet members having different approaches when it comes to music.
For example, with me, I really get into the music and study it. I want my music to challenge me, and I want it to be an artistic statement. To me, a band like Creed has no redemming values. I find them vapid, boring, and without artistic merit. I am not a casual music listener who wants to hear something cool or fun. NTTAWWT, because most people are casual listeners.

Reaper16
04-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Yeah, the Stones are overrated. The Beatles; not so much.

Lake
04-02-2006, 02:11 PM
When you say are you mean were right?

Reaper16
04-02-2006, 02:14 PM
When you say are you mean were right?
No :) Just my tastes, but I never really got into The Stones. They've written some great, iconic songs, but I find them generally overrated int he same way that I think U2 is.

BigMeatballDave
04-02-2006, 02:17 PM

Creed is generic pop rock.Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel...

Lake
04-02-2006, 02:26 PM
How did you guess? U2 is one of the bands that I put way up there too. I have caught them the last two times that they have come to the K and the C. I hold up the Stones as a band. Not individually. Like the Ramones. A Great Punk Band. Not great muscicians. The Stones had an attitude and an edge. When I think Rock and Roll I think of the Stones. The same with U2 the first half of the Eighties without all of the edge or attitude. Until they really started Political Campaigns. Then GnFnR came along and defined Rock and Roll. Again with edge and attitude. Then Nirvana to an extent. I stopped after that. I am talking about a National, International, and or Popular Level also. I am sure that there were bands that had more edge and attitude that did not have the limelight.

Nightwish
04-02-2006, 02:28 PM
My take on the Stones pretty much mirrors Lake's. The put out some great stuff in the 60s and 70s, but from the 80s on they pretty much defined generic pop rock, which made Spicy McHaggis' comment seem all the more ironic to me! They haven't been innovative for about three decades now.

Gaz
04-03-2006, 07:50 AM
Creed is good music in the same way that “Resident Evil” is a good movie. I do not regret the time spent with either of them. They diverted me and pleased me for a while. That is all I ask of entertainment.

I do not care if a song or film is “challenging,” nor do I heed any critique that is concerned with the importance of a song or that uses "generic" as a slur.

Do I like the sound and would I like to hear it again? That is the sum total of my concern.

If that makes me a music slob, then so be it.

xoxo~
Gaz
Blue-collar ears.

Lzen
04-03-2006, 08:39 AM
Please tell me you're joking.

What? Am I supposed to fall in line with everyone else and say the Beatles are the best thing since sliced bread? Yeah, I know they had a huge influence in music, but I just never got them. Frankly, it's all about taste (and hype) anyways. And the Stones are a freakin' joke as far as I'm concerned. They have one song that I like - Paint It Black.

My opinion of Creed is kinda what Gaz said in his last post. BTW, I watched both Resident Evil movies, too. ;) When I want something different with a lot more musicianship, I'll listen to some prog.

Braincase
04-03-2006, 09:17 AM
What? Am I supposed to fall in line with everyone else and say the Beatles are the best thing since sliced bread? Yeah, I know they had a huge influence in music, but I just never got them. Frankly, it's all about taste (and hype) anyways. And the Stones are a freakin' joke as far as I'm concerned. They have one song that I like - Paint It Black.

My opinion of Creed is kinda what Gaz said in his last post. BTW, I watched both Resident Evil movies, too. ;) When I want something different with a lot more musicianship, I'll listen to some prog.

I'm kind of in Lzen's camp here. The Stones have been ripping off the original work of old black blues players since the beginning. The Beatles were interesting, and took alot of R&B riffs and made them new . But to be frank, Mark Tremonti can outplay Keef, Woody, George, Paul and John. Calling Creed a Pearl Jam ripoff is silly - yes, Scott Stapp sounds like Eddie Vedder (both royal pains in the ass as well), but Tremonti did with one guitar what Pearl Jam required two to do.

jspchief
04-03-2006, 11:21 AM

My opinion of Creed is kinda what Gaz said in his last post. BTW, I watched both Resident Evil movies, too. ;) When I want something different with a lot more musicianship, I'll listen to some prog.I think there's a difference between liking them, and being aware of what they were to the music world.

I guess it depends on what it means to be "rated", when applying the label "over-rated". Personally, I'm not a huge Stones fan. That doesn't mean I believe they are over-rated.

Considering this is a thread about an entirely forgettable band like Creed, I just find calling out the Stones and Beatles a little absurd. 20 years from now, people will still recognize songs from the Rolling Stones and Beatles, while they're trying to remember "the name of that band that sang that Higher song".

StcChief
04-03-2006, 11:32 AM
I think there's a difference between liking them, and being aware of what they were to the music world.

I guess it depends on what it means to be "rated", when applying the label "over-rated". Personally, I'm not a huge Stones fan. That doesn't mean I believe they are over-rated.

Considering this is a thread about an entirely forgettable band like Creed, I just find calling out the Stones and Beatles a little absurd. 20 years from now, people will still recognize songs from the Rolling Stones and Beatles, while they're trying to remember "the name of that band that sang that Higher song".

Another generational issue. Growing up listening to Stones,Beatles,Clapton, etc...

Hearing the same $hit from my parents. This rock and roll will pass.

We had our fair share of one hit wonders, soon to be forgot bands as well.

Creed Above one hit wonder but staying power???

Reaper16
04-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Creed is good music in the same way that “Resident Evil” is a good movie. I do not regret the time spent with either of them. They diverted me and pleased me for a while. That is all I ask of entertainment.

I do not care if a song or film is “challenging,” nor do I heed any critique that is concerned with the importance of a song or that uses "generic" as a slur.

Do I like the sound and would I like to hear it again? That is the sum total of my concern.

xoxo~
Gaz
Blue-collar ears.

Not a darn thing wrong with that approch towards music.

Though, rather hilariously, your comparison of Creed to the 'Resident Evil" movies was an excellent one. The RE movies completely and shamelessly bastardize its source material, the video games, in the same way that Creed bastardizes it's musical influences. :D

Lzen
04-03-2006, 11:59 AM
I think there's a difference between liking them, and being aware of what they were to the music world.

I disagree that people will not remember the name of Creed 20 years from now. They had quite a few hits on their first 2 cds. Even had a couple on the last one. If they had stayed together, who knows how big and for how long they would've gotten.

QuikSsurfer
04-03-2006, 06:22 PM

xoxo~
Gaz
Blue-collar ears.

speaking of survival horror games.. can't wait for the Silent Hill movie :)

NewChief
04-03-2006, 07:47 PM
So what you're saying is you bought a single?

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-03-2006, 07:50 PM
http://vmusic.hp.infoseek.co.jp/wham!.jpg > http://www.lyrics.co.nz/creed/creed.jpg

That's how f*cktarded Creed is

Reaper16
04-03-2006, 07:51 PM
Wake me up, before you go-go. Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo...

headsnap
04-03-2006, 07:52 PM
it's hip to hate on Creed...

BECAUSE THEY SUCK/ED!!!!!!!!!

headsnap
04-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Wake me up, before you go-go. Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo...
I'm glad they went-went. I'm sorry I didn't sleep through it-it!!!!

:spock:

Reaper16
04-03-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm glad they went-went. I'm sorry I didn't sleep through it-it!!!!

:spock:
Is that the rest of the lyric? I've never really heard the song before.

headsnap
04-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Is that the rest of the lyric? I've never really heard the song before.
time traveling Wham, they knew Creed sucked 15-20 years before the fact!!!!!!

PunkinDrublic
04-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Even Jesus hates Creed.

htismaqe
04-04-2006, 08:55 AM

:clap:

Bowser
04-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Even Jesus hates Creed.

ROFL

Molitoth
04-04-2006, 12:52 PM
I never got into creed.

Basically because they suck.

:)

KCTitus
04-04-2006, 01:04 PM
It's somewhat ironic to read about how 'no one will know Creed in 20 years' and amazingly they're compared to a 'band' that's been disbanded for about 20 years (the Wham! reference). That's cute.

I like Creed's music and it's heavy guitar style music. I liken it to Boston, which I find very enjoyable as well.

I also realize why the visceral reaction to the band. The 'whisper' of Christianity that surrounds any band will have legions of hatred lept upon it. It's the nature of the business and this world.

I dont think the band changed much as Alter Bridge--the sound has not changed anyway--but have only heard a couple of singles. Im interested to see how well Stapp does on his own.

htismaqe
04-04-2006, 02:36 PM
It's somewhat ironic to read about how 'no one will know Creed in 20 years' and amazingly they're compared to a 'band' that's been disbanded for about 20 years (the Wham! reference). That's cute.

I like Creed's music and it's heavy guitar style music. I liken it to Boston, which I find very enjoyable as well.

I also realize why the visceral reaction to the band. The 'whisper' of Christianity that surrounds any band will have legions of hatred lept upon it. It's the nature of the business and this world.

I dont think the band changed much as Alter Bridge--the sound has not changed anyway--but have only heard a couple of singles. Im interested to see how well Stapp does on his own.

ROFL

It's hilariously ironic to me that you mentioned Creed side-by-side with Boston. I think of Boston the same way I do Creed - to me, they were always the bubble gum version of hard rock, just like Creed.

;)

jlscorpio
04-04-2006, 03:05 PM
Did boston ever sing about anything other than rockin', partyin', and being from Boston?

chagrin
04-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Alter Bridge is actually listenable. I'm not thrilled with the dude from Mayfield Four's voice, but I do like the guitar work on it; it ain't a masterpiece but it's better than Creed, as a whole work. There are some real dumb fu*k lyrics and there are some good ones too. I like the drummer's (I am a drummer, so I'm biased) style as well.

Halfcan
04-04-2006, 10:52 PM
Creed does not sound like fn Peal Jam at all. Vedders marbler vocals-just get on my nerves-like a cheap version of tom petty.

Creed put on a hell of a show. With the shitty state of the hiphop rap pop shit music business-we could use more good bands like Creed.

Boston sounded great in concert too.

KCTitus
04-05-2006, 08:31 AM
ROFL

It's hilariously ironic to me that you mentioned Creed side-by-side with Boston. I think of Boston the same way I do Creed - to me, they were always the bubble gum version of hard rock, just like Creed.

;)

I guess if you dont like their sound, you can call them whatever you want, but bubble gum is a bit of stretch. You might have missed that I compared their heavy guitar styles--it's a style of Rock that I prefer.

Maybe, we can just disagree as to our music tastes and not get silly about it.

Psyko Tek
04-06-2006, 09:40 PM
I love creed's guitarist
he's good
also loved arms wide open
but I had a son born that year
and it resonated with me