PDA

View Full Version : Madden Football observations, questions

chagrin
04-04-2006, 09:46 AM
I haven't played for 4 years, since Madden 2002 (I have played this game since 1992) and this time I went into Franchise and actually played without just cheating all over the place.

No teams ever offer me trades, why is that?

Does anyone think they should build the retractable roof graphic into the game since you can purchase it?

How come when a player "holds out" all you have to do is throw them a few thousand more and they will sign?

Will they ever allow you to design your own Defensive plays?

Just curious if anyone else fells this way or what news you know of these issues?

Dunit35
04-04-2006, 09:51 AM
I haven't played for 4 years, since Madden 2002 (I have played this game since 1992) and this time I went into Franchise and actually played without just cheating all over the place.

No teams ever offer me trades, why is that?

Does anyone think they should build the retractable roof graphic into the game since you can purchase it?

How come when a player "holds out" all you have to do is throw them a few thousand more and they will sign?

Will they ever allow you to design your own Defensive plays?

Just curious if anyone else fells this way or what news you know of these issues?

Teams offer me trades all the time. I usually put someone on the trade block and get draft pics for them.

chagrin
04-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Teams offer me trades all the time. I usually put someone on the trade block and get draft pics for them.

I should have been more specific. I mean the CPU teams never FIRST offer deals, only after I put someone on the block.

Dunit35
04-04-2006, 10:22 AM
I should have been more specific. I mean the CPU teams never FIRST offer deals, only after I put someone on the block.

Oh...it's just part of the way they made the game. They could do a lot better in some areas of the game.

1. kick return/ better blocking
2. punt return/better blocking (Hall has 8 returns for 53 yards through 14 games right now)
3. dropped passes (better this season, but on other teams it's been horrible)
4. I have had several times a player being out of bounds, coming back in and catching the pass.

That is all I can think of right now.

If the rolling roof idea passes they should give you the option of covering the field whenever you want.

Douche Baggins
04-04-2006, 04:15 PM
You can design your own defensive plays already...

chagrin
04-04-2006, 05:56 PM
I thought that you could only set defensive audibles...?

Douche Baggins
04-04-2006, 06:13 PM
I thought that you could only set defensive audibles...?

No. If you want to create defensive plays, create a new playbook, and select defense.

chagrin
04-05-2006, 02:57 PM
No. If you want to create defensive plays, create a new playbook, and select defense.

I don't recall seeing that option in the manual, but that doesn't suprise me, I tend to pass over alot.

DMAC
04-05-2006, 03:11 PM
The only thing I dont understand is, when you play online, they make you download the "updated rosters", which are not updated at all. Monty Beisel is still on there, Johnnie Morton, etc. (2005 version)