PDA

View Full Version : PSLs to Pay for the Roof?

Mr. Kotter
04-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Anyone thinking that the Chiefs might float the sale of "Personal Seat Licenses" to fund the roof? :hmmm:

I hope not; because I'd probably turn in my season-tickets at that point. :(

Dartgod
04-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Anyone thinking that the Chiefs might float the sale of "Personal Seat Licenses" to fund the roof? :hmmm:

I hope not; because I'd probably turn in my season-tickets at that point. :(
Yeah, I'd be done too. PSLs would mean the end of the rabid fanbase and the beginning of the wine and cheese crowd. Just look at St. Loser and Dungver.

StcChief
04-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Yeah, I'd be done too. PSLs would mean the end of the rabid fanbase and the beginning of the wine and cheese crowd. Just look at St. Loser and Dungver.
I can't attest to Dungver.

STL for sure.
The number of 'Real' football fans here can't stand W/C folks
or the 'Eddie' either.

cdcox
04-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Breaks down to $3000 per PSL. I don't think most people would pay that.

BigChiefFan
04-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Why in the Hell would anybody vote that in?

beavis
04-05-2006, 02:07 PM
I don't think a lot of people could pay that.

Mr. Kotter
04-05-2006, 02:08 PM

I could see the Hunt's springing for half, and then trying for more "improvements" and the the roof.....bundled into a $2000 or so, PSL.

I hope I'm wrong. :(

Mr. Kotter
04-05-2006, 02:09 PM
I don't think a lot of people could pay that.

PSLs tend to be a one time cost.....a lot of fans could swing that, if they really wanted to keep their seats.

I just wouldn't be one of them. :banghead:

Mr. Kotter
04-05-2006, 02:10 PM
Why in the Hell would anybody vote that in?

They might be able to do it without a vote....as part of their "ticket" plan/policy--though I don't know for sure....:shrug:

Mile High Mania
04-05-2006, 02:12 PM
For that kind of money... I'd invest in a big badass 60 inch TV and the NFL Ticket. Save lots of cash on parking and beer as well.

I applaud those fans that can pay for season tickets and actually go to a majority of the games. But, I'm too damn cheap to drop that coin.

beavis
04-05-2006, 02:12 PM
PSLs tend to be a one time cost.....a lot of fans could swing that, if they really wanted to keep their seats.

I just wouldn't be one of them. :banghead:
Where does it end though? I've got a ticket stub from the '91 playoff game that says $24. I'm sick of them bending the fans over.

Mile High Mania
04-05-2006, 02:15 PM
Hunt is going to have to seriously consider selling the naming rights and other strategic sponsorships for funds... it's the way of the new world order in the NFL if you want to compete.

StcChief
04-05-2006, 02:16 PM
I think PSL for roof would not fly....Taking away existing folks contract/seat rights would run into law suit

Dartgod
04-05-2006, 02:17 PM
PSLs tend to be a one time cost.....a lot of fans could swing that, if they really wanted to keep their seats.That's just the point. I wouldn't want to. I'm sure I could come up with that amount if I wanted, but when I'm already forking out $80 per seat, I wouldn't hesitate to shout out a hearty F*** YOU to Carl and Lamar.

In fact, after thinking about it for a moment, they just might lose me as a fan forever if they tried to pull this crap.

cdcox
04-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Hunt is going to have to seriously consider selling the naming rights and other strategic sponsorships for funds... it's the way of the new world order in the NFL if you want to compete.

I don't think the roof would bring much extra income to the Chiefs. Lamar wants to bring a SB to KC and leave an landmark architectual "gift" to the city as two of his legacies. He just doesn't want to pay for it.

Naming rights should be used to genreate income for the team to make them more competitive in FA, imo.

Blackened
04-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Let me ask you something. All things being equal, would the fan base want a roof over the stadium? I for one am relieved that is not part of the deal... You freakin' guys are loud enough as it is :BLVD: :D

gblowfish
04-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Since Jackson County owns the stadium, not the Chiefs, I don't think they can use PSL's to pay for the roof. I hope that's the case. PSL's would put me outta the Chiefs biz. How about taxing the visiting players salaries (a luxury tax) to help pay for the roof? Those are guys who can afford it. Pay up A-Rod. Pay up Jake Plummer. Heh...

I would think the Chiefs and Royals might be convinced to kick in some more $$ to build the roof, especially since they got off so light on Prop 1. Naming rights could take care of part of it, and the remainder could be voted on again in an August or November ballot. It if came down from $200 million in taxes to maybe $100 million, it could probably be passed. Also, Jackson County and the teams need to do a better job educating the public about a roof, that it will indeed work, how and when it will be used, what additional events it could draw, and the economic benefits. Hey, it would be nice not to freeze to frickin death, or get drenched, when we pay close to $100 a seat for a Chiefs game. And the home field advantage will still be strong, because 25,000 Johnson County pukes won't stay home because its too cold or too wet. -That's after they scalp their tickets to their landscaper or nanny, of course-.

Mile High Mania
04-05-2006, 02:25 PM
I don't like domes or rolling roofs... open air with all stadiums and real grass!

Playoff games in the elements are greatness. Games in domes are too clean...

philfree
04-05-2006, 02:32 PM
Put the name of the entity who purchased the right on the Roof which would be mamouth and leave Arrowhead/Chiefs on the the Stadium as they are now. "The Sprint Roof At Arrowhead" or whatever.

PhilFree:arrow:

Wile_E_Coyote
04-05-2006, 02:33 PM
if they could promise not to cover the field for a regular season game, it could be a good deal. But what are the chances that the insurance that covers Arrowhead says that any chance of inclement weather. If you want coverage, you'll roll it out

Lurch
04-05-2006, 02:38 PM
....Naming rights should be used to genreate income for the team to make them more competitive in FA, imo.

Now there's an idea: private money, coupled with corporate sponsorship. It would be a LOT of coin for a roof though--unless it became a sort of mold for others to consider similar ventures......

wolfpack0735
04-05-2006, 02:42 PM
the super bowl should be played out doors like the regular season. football was made to play outside and on real grass. last year chargers game at arrowhead was cool,real football.

KCChiefsFan88
04-05-2006, 02:48 PM
I don't think the roof would bring much extra income to the Chiefs. Lamar wants to bring a SB to KC and leave an landmark architectual "gift" to the city as two of his legacies. He just doesn't want to pay for it.

The greatest legacy Lamar could leave is bringing another Super Bowl trophy to KC.

I think the rolling roof idea is cool and all, but I'm sick of Lamar Hunt spending so much time chasing after stadium improvements, rolling roofs, rule changes to the NFL, etc.

If Lamar put HALF the passion into trying to get the Chiefs back to the Super Bowl that he puts into all this other stuff Carl Peterson would have been fired 10 years ago and the Chiefs very likely would have been at least back to the Super Bowl by now or at the very least have won a damn playoff game.

coach_L
04-05-2006, 03:00 PM
I don't like domes or rolling roofs... open air with all stadiums and real grass!

I agree Donkey Maniac! The elements of weather and the tear on grass is how we remember football and how our kids should remember football.

Carl's goal though is a Super Bowl.

No roof + unpredictable Kansas weather = no superbowl

Dartgod
04-05-2006, 03:01 PM
I agree Donkey Maniac! The elements of weather and the tear on grass is how we remember football and how our kids should remember football.

Carl's goal though is a Super Bowl.

No roof + unpredictable Kansas weather = no superbowl
WTF does the weather in Kansas have to do with what is happening at Arrowhead?

coach_L
04-05-2006, 03:07 PM
WTF does the weather in Kansas have to do with what is happening at Arrowhead?

My fault Dartgod. I meant Kansas City weather, not Kansas weather.

Skip Towne
04-05-2006, 03:17 PM
My fault Dartgod. I meant Kansas City weather, not Kansas weather.
You don't have to apologize to him. He's and idiot.

Dartgod
04-05-2006, 04:33 PM
You don't have to apologize to him. He's and idiot.Yore dammed write eye yam!

Calcountry
04-05-2006, 05:53 PM
When the get "THE ROOF", since Lamar is damned and determined to get it, how bout a chant similar to the one when you score a TD.

The whole stadium yelling, "THE ROOF! THE ROOF! THE ROOF IS ON FIRE!, COME ON BABY LET THE MOTHA FUGGA BURN!"

Lurch
04-05-2006, 09:37 PM

Yeah, I hate to agree with a Donkey fan, but I do, in this case.

Dartgod
04-05-2006, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I hate to agree with a Donkey fan, but I do, in this case.
MHM is not really a Donkey fan. He just plays one on the internet.

Bowser
04-05-2006, 09:42 PM
Too bad Lamar is more interested in being part owner of the Chicago Bulls and owning soccer/tennis teams. That money right there might be able to get him his roof.

Simplex3
04-05-2006, 09:43 PM

I was firmly in this camp until I got on a field that had field turf. I really liked running on that stuff. I can see where it would extend some careers and prevent some injuries.

Roofs of any kind are s**t, though.

04-05-2006, 10:03 PM
Where does it end though? I've got a ticket stub from the '91 playoff game that says $24. I'm sick of them bending the fans over.

Damn, that is just sick. :cuss:

BigRedChief
04-05-2006, 10:20 PM

Yep, even though I could afford it I'd still not pay. They'd lose me too. I just voted to give them $500 million so I'm tapped out Lamar.