PDA

View Full Version : The Ulitmate Pink Floyd List

CosmicPal
04-06-2006, 03:04 PM
I know we've got quite a few Floyd fans on here. What I'd like is a list of your favorite songs, including David Gilmour and Roger Waters solo projects. So, if you were to burn your own ultimate Pink Floyd collection, name all the songs you'd include.

chagrin
04-06-2006, 03:10 PM
Jesus, that's a long list and will take too long to mention her, but let me say that absolutely ZERO of them will be Gilmour solo, including Momentary Lapse of Reason or Division Bell songs.

Also, Comfortably Numb will not be on it but I can try a short version:

the entire Animals
Atom Heart Mother
Dark Side
Most of The Wall
3 songs from Meddle
Umma Gumma
Several tunes off Piper

Roger Waters Solo, all of them (pros and cons, Radio Kaos, Amused to Death, etc and also The Bleeding Hearts Band but NOT anything off The Wall, Live in Berlin (a piece of garbage)
That's about it although I am sure I forget many that I would most likely add as well.

StcChief
04-06-2006, 03:40 PM
As cheap as CD-R discs what not burn them all?

CosmicPal
04-06-2006, 04:02 PM
As cheap as CD-R discs what not burn them all?

I don't have them all, and I'm not about to download every Floyd, Waters, and Gilmour album off the web.

DMAC
04-06-2006, 04:16 PM
I would lead mine off with Several Species Of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In A Cave And Grooving With A Pict.

StcChief
04-06-2006, 05:20 PM
Tough to single out songs when so much of Floyd is about the whole LP......that needs to be listened to that way...
Or maybe it's just our generation and the AOR approach to music concept.

Dark Side Moon - Whole LP
Wish You Were Here - Whole LP

Meddle - Echoes, Pillow of Winds

Animals - Sheep
Momentary Lapse of Reason - Learning to Fly

Smokin Blues - Astronomy Domaine, Fat Old Sun (or the studio version)

The Wall - I prefer whole LP but if you must shrink it.

Comfortably Numb, Run Like Hell, Brick in Wall ,Young Lust,Hey You

Saucer Full of Secrets -
Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun,
Corporal Clegg - if your into British anti-vietnam...

Relics - Bike
Interstellar Overdrive

I'm Not much on Division Bell...but
What Do You Want From Me

David Gilmour - Lets Get MetaPhysical LP.

mcan
04-06-2006, 05:42 PM
Animals - Learning to Fly

I'm sure it's just an oversite, but "Learning to Fly" is on Momentary Lapse of Reason.

mcan
04-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Look,

If you're wanting a quick Floyd catalogue, here are the top discs to go our and BUY.

Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You Were Here
Animals
(The Division Bell) <---- Most people disagree with me here
The Wall

These their top five best albums, and listening to the songs by themselves is like eating a cherry and calling it cherry pie. These tracks are meant to be listened to together as an experience. If you can't afford to get all of them, just go for whichever one in the top three that you are LEAST familiar with. For most people that would be Animals. You won't regret it.

Reaper16
04-06-2006, 07:09 PM
discography

Bowser
04-06-2006, 08:15 PM
It would be easier to list all the Floyd songs you thought sucked.

DMAC
04-06-2006, 08:21 PM
It would be easier to list all the Floyd songs you thought sucked.No kidding. This is just an impossible task you are asking of us.

DMAC
04-06-2006, 08:23 PM
This thread has got me listening to Floyd tonight. Right now...Atom Heart Mother. Sooooo relaxing.

QuikSsurfer
04-06-2006, 08:43 PM
too many songs, my fav albums: Animals, Dark Side, Meddle

QuikSsurfer
04-06-2006, 08:44 PM
This thread has got me listening to Floyd tonight. Right now...Atom Heart Mother. Sooooo relaxing.

same. i got a pillow of winds going :).. and a kif bowl packed :bong:

DMAC
04-06-2006, 08:47 PM
same. i got a pillow of winds going :).. and a kif bowl packed :bong:Yep, Meddle is next in line.

CosmicPal
04-07-2006, 08:48 AM
It would be easier to list all the Floyd songs you thought sucked.

Come to think of it, that's actually a good point.

I was just hoping somebody would shout out some unfamiliar songs that they like. We've all heard DSOTM, The Wall, Wish You Were Here, and Animals, but I was really looking for songs from some of the lesser known albums, like Atom Heart Mother, some of Floyd's earlier works, and their solo projects.

I didn't think it would be such a daunting task to begin with, but I can see it is....

StcChief
04-07-2006, 09:12 AM
Saucer Full of Secrets, Relics are good albums, back to the whole album theory.

Something of a re-mix that I like

Absolutely Ambient - I recommend because of the newer remix stuff.....

A special Tribute to Pink Floyd - This was done in 2002 is ok with different artists.

Both where downloads not sure if I would buy. Worth a listen.

DMAC
04-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Saucer Full of Secrets, Relics are good albums, back to the whole album theory.

Something of a re-mix that I like

Absolutely Ambient - I recommend because of the newer remix stuff.....

A special Tribute to Pink Floyd - This was done in 2002 is ok with different artists.

Both where downloads not sure if I would buy. Worth a listen.I can't listen to Relics. I need the whole album, not just a song from each. I dont even have Relics, or Works.

Nzoner
04-07-2006, 04:15 PM
As for solo work I'd have to have There's No Way Out Of Here and Short And Sweet from Gilmour's solo debut in 1978.

mcan
04-08-2006, 04:50 AM
If you've got their classic albums, like you say... (DSOM, ANML, WYWH)

Then go out and get

Momentary Lapse of Reason (essentially Gilmour solo but still Floydish)
Final Cut (essentially Waters solo, but still Floydish)
Division Bell... I still think it's better than "The Wall"

I'm not really into their earlier stuff...

StcChief
04-09-2006, 04:56 PM
I can't listen to Relics. I need the whole album, not just a song from each. I dont even have Relics, or Works.

Yeah. I'm with you. I was trying to help out a fabricator of a greatest hit s 80 min CD-R. This doesn't do justice to PF, better get the whole LP overtime thru download or purchase.

Kraut
04-11-2006, 06:44 AM
Look,

If you're wanting a quick Floyd catalogue, here are the top discs to go our and BUY.

Dark Side of the Moon
Wish You Were Here
Animals
(The Division Bell) <---- Most people disagree with me here
The Wall

These their top five best albums, and listening to the songs by themselves is like eating a cherry and calling it cherry pie. These tracks are meant to be listened to together as an experience. If you can't afford to get all of them, just go for whichever one in the top three that you are LEAST familiar with. For most people that would be Animals. You won't regret it.
I agree with you on the Division Bell album. I thought it was great. But many Floyd fans think that it was crap. If I was making a cd I would include it.