http://www.fflivewire.com/Article.asp?ID=rkd6734ciq2635p

Kansas City:
Chad Jackson, WR, Florida
Charles Spencer, OG, Pittsburgh
Kamerion Wimbley, OLB/DE, Florida State
Drew Olson, QB, UCLA

Mecca
04-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Oh great......the board is going to meltdown if a WR is the first pick.

Dunit35
04-08-2006, 07:37 PM

If every player we wanted to draft is gone I see no problem taking him. But every player we will want to draft come draft day won't be gone. So, no thanks.

Munson
04-08-2006, 07:42 PM
If KC were to draft a WR in the first, I'd be fine with it as long as it is the BPA. And I'd rather have Santonio Holmes over Chad Jackson. The better option might be to trade down to a later 1st round pick and pick up an extra first day pick.

Mecca
04-08-2006, 07:46 PM
If the Chiefs trade down with Cromartie on the board, I'll slam my head into the wall. I don't think Cincy will hesitate to pick him, Lewis loves taller corners and the talent level is extremely high.

JBucc
04-08-2006, 07:52 PM
wouldn't mind nabbing Olson

SoCalBronco
04-08-2006, 08:14 PM
I really hope the Chiefs get Chad Jackson

Mecca
04-08-2006, 09:04 PM

Let me guess......You think he's soft right?

milkman
04-08-2006, 09:50 PM
wouldn't mind nabbing Olson

I'm with you.

Olson in the fifth would be just fine with me.

milkman
04-08-2006, 09:52 PM

Does it really matter.

The reality, as I believe you yourself have pointed out, is this isn't a SB team, so the best plan for this team right now is to build for the future.

Take the best athlete, regardless of position.

Of course, I'm not sure that would be Jackson.

Mecca
04-08-2006, 10:01 PM
Does it really matter.

The reality, as I believe you yourself have pointed out, is this isn't a SB team, so the best plan for this team right now is to build for the future.

Take the best athlete, regardless of position.

Of course, I'm not sure that would be Jackson.

Yes, I've said it before I think the window for this team is closed. I was making that remark more for what everyone else will do as opposed to myself. I don't think that many people that post on here think the window is closed, just look at the free agency comments.

milkman
04-08-2006, 10:08 PM
Yes, I've said it before I think the window for this team is closed. I was making that remark more for what everyone else will do as opposed to myself. I don't think that many people that post on here think the window is closed, just look at the free agency comments.

Personally, I think the "Open window" was an optical illusion, so to speak.

SBK
04-08-2006, 11:25 PM
Personally, I think the "Open window" was an optical illusion, so to speak.

Dude, most teams have figured out how to open and close the window, King Carl is still figuring out how the friggin handle works.

Baby steps, maybe someday he'll figure out how to open that window I hope.

Halfcan
04-08-2006, 11:38 PM

That is my prediction.

Dunit35
04-09-2006, 12:59 AM

I believe the window is closed as well. I hope we can get atleast 2-3 players this draft that actually turn out to be something for THIS team.

Tribal Warfare
04-09-2006, 01:05 AM
One name that did pop out at me was Charles Spencer

Mr. Laz
04-09-2006, 10:56 AM
Chad jackson is really the only receiver that i would be ok with in the first round.

of course it depends who's still on the board at the time.... and i would prefer to trade down a bit before selecting him.

Mr. Laz
04-09-2006, 10:56 AM
One name that did pop out at me was Charles Spencer
better not be in the 1st round though

The Bad Guy
04-09-2006, 01:46 PM
No one knows if the window is open or closed.

As long as their is parity in the NFL, the window is open for about 80% of the teams in the NFL.

I laugh when people talk like this. Like anyone expected a 6th seed to take out 3 top teams on the road and win the SB last year.

melbar
04-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Chad jackson is really the only receiver that i would be ok with in the first round.

of course it depends who's still on the board at the time.... and i would prefer to trade down a bit before selecting him.

I doubt he drops but Holmes is a better reciever all around.

Mosbonian
04-09-2006, 06:39 PM
I know I am probably late, but i read today that the Chiefs actually worked out Brad Smith from Mizzou.....why?

He's surely not capable of being a QB in the NFL, and he isn't as talented as Antwaan Randle-El.

I am assuming that they were doing this as a "courtesy"?

mmaddog

Spicy McHaggis
04-09-2006, 09:37 PM
http://www.fflivewire.com/Article.asp?ID=rkd6734ciq2635p

Drew Olson, QB, UCLA

http://mud.mm-a2.yimg.com/image/518194370

Good...good...

morphius
04-09-2006, 10:57 PM

As long as their is parity in the NFL, the window is open for about 80% of the teams in the NFL.

I laugh when people talk like this. Like anyone expected a 6th seed to take out 3 top teams on the road and win the SB last year.
Thats kind of how I see it. You can't tell anything when teams can completely turn around in two years.

htismaqe
04-10-2006, 08:47 AM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=138076&p=3128230

:bravo:

milkman
04-12-2006, 06:24 PM

My feeling that the Window is closed, and was never actually open, has more to do with Carl, than anything related to the NFL and parity.