PDA

View Full Version : oil nears 70 dollars pb

oldandslow
04-11-2006, 09:34 AM
Although this isn't strictly political...

http://money.cnn.com/2006/04/11/markets/oil.reut/index.htm

Wholesale gas contracts are already at 2.14 per gal for June.

Gonna be some turbulent times this summer.

Bowser
04-11-2006, 09:38 AM
I predict gas in KC will top out around 3.29/gal.

banyon
04-11-2006, 09:46 AM
I'm glad I walk to work every day.

IMO, Nigeria and Venezuela are contibuting to the occasional spike here and there.

But the 400 pound Gorilla is China, and as long as their insatiable thirst is not met with alternative fuels this is just going to gradually get worse and worse.

HC_Chief
04-11-2006, 10:16 AM
That's also why we should be pouring $ into alternative fuel development. The first country to develop, market, and mass-produce a viable alternative fuel will see its coffers expand exponentially.

Radar Chief
04-11-2006, 10:33 AM
I'm glad I walk to work every day.

IMO, Nigeria and Venezuela are contibuting to the occasional spike here and there.

But the 400 pound Gorilla is China, and as long as their insatiable thirst is not met with alternative fuels this is just going to gradually get worse and worse.

I really need to get a back tire on my scoot so I can start take’n it to work. :banghead:

Dave Lane
04-11-2006, 01:16 PM
That's also why we should be pouring $ into alternative fuel development. The first country to develop, market, and mass-produce a viable alternative fuel will see its coffers expand exponentially.

I'd love to use all of our Iraq expenditures on this, great idea and wish we could find the answer soon.

Dave

HC_Chief
04-11-2006, 03:16 PM
I'd love to use all of our Iraq expenditures on this, great idea and wish we could find the answer soon.

Dave

Once the Iraqi military and government are strong enough to stand on their own, I agree.

TEX
04-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Once the Iraqi military and government are strong enough to stand on their own, I agree.

No choice now because we sure made a mess of things over there. And see, that is a problem in of itself. We messed up big time and now we must stay to try and salvage something. While, right next door, Iran has shown that they are more of a threat than Iraq ever was and because of the fiasco in Iraq, we won't be as aggressive with Iran as we should be. :shake:

HC_Chief
04-12-2006, 02:25 PM
Sometimes you have to break something and put it back together again before it works properly.

Iraq is in a state of civil war.... but this is nothing new. The tyranical "stabilizer's" removal opened the possibility for full confligration. It's up to the Iraqis now to choose their path: butcher each other in pointless sectarian barbarism, or join the civilized world. Right now, the majority wish the latter; and as long as that holds true, we will be there assisting them in that goal.

TEX
04-14-2006, 09:42 PM
Sometimes you have to break something and put it back together again before it works properly.

Iraq is in a state of civil war.... but this is nothing new. The tyranical "stabilizer's" removal opened the possibility for full confligration. It's up to the Iraqis now to choose their path: butcher each other in pointless sectarian barbarism, or join the civilized world. Right now, the majority wish the latter; and as long as that holds true, we will be there assisting them in that goal.

Yeah, I hear ya. But I'm only with ya becasue we have no other choice now...