PDA

View Full Version : Any word on pre-draft visits?

nychief
04-12-2006, 06:19 PM
Forgive the football thread.

JBucc
04-12-2006, 06:22 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=138673

melbar
04-12-2006, 09:17 PM
I believe the question was regarding any results from the workouts

Wile_E_Coyote
04-13-2006, 04:47 AM
Posted on Thu, Apr. 13, 2006
About the visiting players

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/14329572.htm

WR Derek Hagan (above) Arizona State
Big (6-2, 200+ pounds) and strong, but not very fast. Needs to prove he can consistently make the routine catch.

DE Tamba Hali Penn State
Liberia native still learning to play. Once polished, he could be a force.

DB Justin Hamilton (below) Virginia Tech
Huge for a safety (6-3, 230). He hits like a linebacker. Probable second-day pick or even a post-draft free agent.

WR Santonio Holmes Ohio State
Small (5-11, 185) but has all the other tools. Hes fast, gets in and out of breaks quickly, separates well from coverage.

CB Johnathan Joseph South Carolina
Played only one season in major college, so he might need some time to develop. Has all the athletic tools.

DE Mathias Kiwanuka (right) Boston College
A superb athlete who, once he muscles up, should become an elite player.

DB Danieal Manning Abilene Christian
Could play either safety or cornerback. A great athlete who might need time to develop given his small-college background.

CB Richard Marshall Fresno State
Like Joseph, he has everything an eventual Pro Bowler needs, but it might take some time for him to refine his skills.

DE Manny Lawson North Carolina State
Maybe the best pure pass rusher in the draft. Small (240 pounds) but has the frame to easily add more weight.

htismaqe
04-13-2006, 06:25 AM
Notice how many of the guys they brought in are labelled as projects?

:cuss:

Tribal Warfare
04-13-2006, 08:25 AM
Who do think will be the 1st rounder Tamba Hali or Lawson

BigChiefFan
04-13-2006, 09:34 AM
Notice how many of the guys they brought in are labelled as projects?

:cuss:

I sure hope this isn't the entire list of people, because it looks like we could have another crappy draft. There's some good players on the list, but only a few that I would consider at 20, the others I'm not sure I would even consider in the 2nd round, like Hagen.

I sure hope this isn't our entire WISH List and these are these guys that we targeted, because there's ALOT more quality players in the draft, who could help us, over some of these guys.

BTW, where's the O-lineman?

RedThat
04-13-2006, 10:12 AM
Who do think will be the 1st rounder Tamba Hali or Lawson

Out of that list there, I like our chances with Hali.

I think Lawson will be gone. I think he'll go to Cleveland and play in Crennel's 3-4 defense.

Chiefnj
04-13-2006, 11:02 AM
I think it's a pretty good list of guys coming in.

BigChiefFan
04-13-2006, 04:36 PM

It's not that the players are bad, it's just that there are only a few guys that I would consider to be worthy of the 20th overall pick on that list. I know they will be looking to the other rounds, as well, but out of those guys left, I don't see any (that would still be available) that are worthy of a 2nd rounder, where we pick. Can someone say trade-down?

All that being said, it would be a major coup to land WR Santonio Holmes in the first round and Hali in the 2nd. I just don't believe Hali will be there, in the 2nd.

BTW, why haven't we targeted a DT?

htismaqe
04-13-2006, 07:16 PM

I actually like the list.

It just serves to remind me that all this talk about Herm and young players is BS. This list looks just like a Vermeil list - guys with tons of athletic potential and very little chance to start day 1.

Tribal Warfare
04-13-2006, 07:54 PM
I actually like the list.

It just serves to remind me that all this talk about Herm and young players is BS. This list looks just like a Vermeil list - guys with tons of athletic potential and very little chance to start day 1.

I really think KC will trade down and pickup Hali, because I remember Herm citing that "if you find one of those rush-end guys that are special they change games for you".

Coogs
04-13-2006, 09:59 PM
I really think KC will trade down and pickup Hali, because I remember Herm citing that "if you find one of those rush-end guys that are special they change games for you".

I think Lawson would be great. Remember we had DT rushing the left side and Smith the right side. DT gave up quite a bit rushing to his side, but more than made up for it with his game changing plays.

Lawson on one end and Allen on the other would be good IMO. Both may give up something vs the rush, but both could make game changing plays too. Upgrade the DT slot a bit more and maybe another run stuffing LB to pair up with Mitchell and DJ to back these guys up, and I think the defense would make major strides.

htismaqe
04-14-2006, 06:11 AM
I think the addition of Lawson would immediately move this defense from bad to good. They still need more help to be great. To a lesser extent, I think Hali could add that.

That being said, I don't see Lawson falling to us. The guy I'd loke to see at this point is probably Kamerion Wimbley.

jiveturkey
04-14-2006, 10:30 AM
How many of our previous draft picks have come in for pre-draft visits?

I don't think that this list actually means anything in the grand scheme of things.

BigChiefFan
04-14-2006, 10:32 AM
If Haloti Ngata should fall to us, we should be pull the trigger on him.

eazyb81
04-14-2006, 02:16 PM

Yeah we could always use another big fat Samoan DT from Oregon.

Tribal Warfare
04-14-2006, 04:19 PM

That would be on wicked Acid Trip

Coogs
04-15-2006, 10:20 AM
Yeah we could always use another big fat Samoan DT from Oregon.

I don't want any more draft picks from Oregon or Oregon State. By the time they can graduate, summer is half over. Every guy we have drafted from those two schools has been a waste in their rookie seasons because they are so far behind.

Wile_E_Coyote
04-16-2006, 01:04 PM
<A name=304539>Chiefs | K. Clemens works out for team
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 09:25:40 -0700Ron Bellamy, of The Register-Guard, reports Oregon QB Kellen Clemens (http://www.kffl.com/player/13471/nfl) had an individual workout with the Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl).

Coogs
04-16-2006, 09:39 PM
<A name=304539>Chiefs | K. Clemens works out for team
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 09:25:40 -0700Ron Bellamy, of The Register-Guard, reports Oregon QB Kellen Clemens (http://www.kffl.com/player/13471/nfl) had an individual workout with the Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl).

Just say no to Oregon and Oregon State. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: