PDA

View Full Version : Is God trying to tell me something?

luv
04-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Okay...

1. I had a thread last night turn into a discussion of the Catholic religion.

2. I had a dream last night where I went to church wearing nothing but a bedsheet wrapped around me. The choir sang about sinners being alone, and EVERYONE started looking at me. I had my keys in my hand, because, as soon as everyone stood up to sing, I was outta there.

3. I check my email this morning, and a friend of mine sent me the God will f*ck you up song.

Should I be worried? :shrug:

BucEyedPea
04-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Yes

Donger
04-13-2006, 10:21 AM
Okay...

2. I had a dream last night where I went to church wearing nothing but a bedsheet wrapped around me. The choir sang about sinners being alone, and EVERYONE started looking at me. I had my keys in my hand, because, as soon as everyone stood up to sing, I was outta there.

3. I check my email this morning, and a friend of mine sent me the God will f*ck you up song.

You need more oral sex.

ENDelt260
04-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Did you f*ck your neighbor's sheep?

luv
04-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Nope. Why? What happened when you did that?

journeyscarab
04-13-2006, 10:23 AM
Are there any strange markings on your forehead or near your left ear?

ENDelt260
Ray did that. God f*cked him up.

Donger

That's better than f*cking your own sheep. You shouldn't f*ck your own livestock; it's breaks their will or something.

BucEyedPea
04-13-2006, 10:24 AM

No but she has stigmata.

luv
04-13-2006, 10:24 AM
Now that you mention it, I've developed this birthmark type thing that looks like a 6.

j/k

Manila-Chief
04-13-2006, 10:25 AM
Okay...

Only you (and God) can answer that question!!!!!

According to "experts" on the NBC Today show (from a few weeks ago) a dream like that is common to a lot of people. But, if there is a need He may be trying to speak to you. But, it is a personal deal that only you can know the answer.

luv
04-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Ray did that. God f*cked him up.
LOL, I guess I missed that the first time I listened to it.

Fish
04-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Repent!! Repent, and maybe be saved!!!

There's always Scientology..........

sd4chiefs
04-13-2006, 10:33 AM
http://www.venganza.org/index.htm

Mr. Kotter
04-13-2006, 10:37 AM
Perhaps, this was intended TIC....if not....JMHO, but if you are having those kinds of thoughts, and reactions to events, maybe your subconscious is trying to tell you something....:shrug:

Maybe not, because from what you divulged of your life here.....I wouldn't think anything of it. But only you know. :)

journeyscarab
04-13-2006, 10:40 AM
It is Holy Week. If you are seriously concerned, make a point to attend a service at your house of worship.

luv
04-13-2006, 10:44 AM
Honestly, I haven't been thinking about it. After I got the email from my friend, it just got me to thinking. I'm fine in my beliefs, but thanks.

SLAG
04-13-2006, 10:45 AM
If I was to Start a Religion Thread should it be In here or In D.C.?

Jenny Gump
04-13-2006, 10:45 AM
I had a dream that I almost got caught drinking and driving. I have a big bachelorette party coming up Saturday night. Maybe God is trying to tell me something too.

StcChief
04-13-2006, 10:47 AM
Nope. Why? What happened when you did that?
ROFL Az Sheep bandit.

chagrin
04-13-2006, 10:48 AM
Luv, this is obvious - you have spent the last day or so involved in religious discussion and then you have a religious oriented dream, with the other stuff (wrapped ina sheet with people staring at you or whatever) that might representing something that's been on your mind alot lately anyway - you have a dream about it all.

This is a no brainer, you need some HRA

giggitty

luv
04-13-2006, 10:48 AM
If I was to Start a Religion Thread should it be In here or In D.C.?
Move it if you want. I meant it more as a joke.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-13-2006, 10:51 AM
God have mercy on your poor, pathetic, doomed soul luv.

SLAG
04-13-2006, 10:52 AM
Move it if you want. I meant it more as a joke.

I was NOT talking about this thread..

I was going to make a thread for religious (Catholic - people LOVE catholics Right :shrug: ...) Debate.

Rain Man
04-13-2006, 10:53 AM
I think if God wanted to tell you something, he'd use a more direct route. For example, here's how he told one young woman that he thinks body piercings are stupid.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/berkshire/3047436.stm

Lightning strikes woman's tongue stud

A holidaymaker narrowly escaped death when lightning struck her tongue stud in an electrical storm.
Becky Nyang, 26, was temporarily blinded, unable to talk and badly blistered by the bolt of electricity that surged through her body via the piercing.

Ms Nyang, an airport worker from Reading, Berkshire, was on holiday in Corfu when she and a friend were caught in a downpour.

A flash of lightning bounced off a nearby archway and hit her in the face, where it was conducted by the metal jewellery in her tongue.

The charge was so hot it left her with blisters on her mouth, face and feet and she could not speak for three days.

Ms Nyang, who said she feared she was going to die, must await tests from doctors at the Royal Berkshire Hospital before returning to work for Virgin at Heathrow.

She told reporters: "All I could see was lightning, nothing else.

"It hit me and everything was just bright blue. It zapped me frozen.

"My body shook for about 10 minutes, although I didn't feel the pain until later."

She added: "I know I was so close to losing my life and never seeing my family and friends again.

"I have been given another chance and every second is precious."

luv
04-13-2006, 10:54 AM
I was NOT talking about this thread..

I was going to make a thread for religious (Catholic - people LOVE catholics Right :shrug: ...) Debate.
The Judas thread has been doing just fine here in the Lounge.

ENDelt260
04-13-2006, 10:55 AM
I wanna be a holidaymaker.

Lurch
04-13-2006, 10:56 AM
Honestly, I haven't been thinking about it. After I got the email from my friend, it just got me to thinking. I'm fine in my beliefs, but thanks.

Beliefs, okay. What about how you are living? Would Fred Phelps approve?

Lurch
04-13-2006, 10:58 AM
I had a dream that I almost got caught drinking and driving. I have a big bachelorette party coming up Saturday night. Maybe God is trying to tell me something too.

To sleep with one of the male strippers so you don't get a DUI?

Rain Man
04-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Beliefs, okay. What about how you are living? Would Fred Phelps approve?

WWFPD?

Rain Man
04-13-2006, 11:09 AM
God wants me to do something perverse to Winona Ryder. He speaks to me through my loins.

MOhillbilly
04-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Luv2, why dont you just ask the man in charge?

Lurch
04-13-2006, 11:12 AM
God wants me to do something perverse to Winona Ryder. He speaks to me through my loins.

You sure that just ain't gas? From the Mexican dinner cooked by illegals at that unsanitary Mexican strip joint you were at last night, where you were asking for the "bobblehead" treatment?

Chief Chief
Dude, God doesn't try...He just does!!

chagrin
I wanna be a holidaymaker.

Like a Festivus, for the rest of us?

journeyscarab
04-13-2006, 11:14 AM
Like a Festivus, for the rest of us?

Welcome, new comers. The tradition of Festivus begins with the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people! And now you're gonna hear about it!

luv
04-13-2006, 11:16 AM
Dude, God doesn't try...He just does!!
I hope you mean "dude" in the most general sense of the word.

Lurch
04-13-2006, 12:31 PM
I hope you mean "dude" in the most general sense of the word.

No she-male, eh? Good to know.

sedated
04-13-2006, 12:38 PM
God told me that religion is a farce.

Well, he didn't tell me. He told my golfish, and my golfish told me in an Email.

and I think that damn golfish has been sleeping with my wife

Lurch
04-13-2006, 01:35 PM
God told me that religion is a farce.

Well, he didn't tell me. He told my golfish, and my golfish told me in an Email.

and I think that damn golfish has been sleeping with my wife

You related to someone named 'Lott' a few generations back?