PDA

View Full Version : Flammable Shoe Laces

HemiEd
04-13-2006, 01:26 PM
Yesterday was the beginning of our Wednesday golf league and I was checking in at the pro shop. I am the only customer in the place at this time.
New gal, she did not know much. So I am standing there, notice the shoe lace on my left shoe was frayed.
She is occupied so I decided to light the frayed end with my lighter and tidy it up. Well it created an instant big flame, soot and smoke flying.
Wow, this is going to turn into a scene, it stinks too.
I decide quickly to do a John Wayne and pinch the flame out.
Bad idea, big glob of molten plastic on my index finger. Holy shit, that is hot, and it hurts.
I need water on my finger quick, so I lick it. Well now the molten plastic transfers to my tongue. It burned like hell on my tongue. I spit it out..... with manners. I am in a high class pro shop here.
In about 15 seconds I have suffered two injuries and much anomosity over a frayed shoe lace.

Phobia
04-13-2006, 01:28 PM
This is probably a hoax. There's no way in hell I'm sending you a donation for your shoelaces.

BucEyedPea
04-13-2006, 01:31 PM
ROTFLMO!!!

ROFL ROFL

HemiEd
04-13-2006, 01:32 PM
This is probably a hoax. There's no way in hell I'm sending you a donation for your shoelaces.

I could not make this up, you know where to send the money. We had a lot of fun with it in the bar afterwards.

rageeumr
04-13-2006, 01:32 PM

I'd say "there's no way in hell somebody would try to lie about something like that", but then I run the risk of being wrong for the 2nd time this week.

Rooster
04-13-2006, 01:42 PM
In about 15 seconds I have suffered two injuries and much anomosity over a frayed shoe lace.

ROFL That is terrible and funny all at the same time. I hope you at least shot a good round. Perhaps velcro is in your future. :)

Rain Man
04-13-2006, 02:02 PM

The same thing happened to me, but with six shoelaces.

HemiEd
04-13-2006, 02:21 PM
ROFL That is terrible and funny all at the same time. I hope you at least shot a good round. Perhaps velcro is in your future. :)

Actually there was an upside. It helped me keep my right hand out of my shots, 42 with a quadrupple bogey, and a double. I "four chipped" for the quad. That was another first.

greg63
04-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Yesterday was the beginning of our Wednesday golf league and I was checking in at the pro shop. I am the only customer in the place at this time.
New gal, she did not know much. So I am standing there, notice the shoe lace on my left shoe was frayed.
She is occupied so I decided to light the frayed end with my lighter and tidy it up. Well it created an instant big flame, soot and smoke flying.
Bad idea, big glob of molten plastic on my index finger. Holy shit, that is hot, and it hurts.
I need water on my finger quick, so I lick it. Well now the molten plastic transfers to my tongue. It burned like hell on my tongue. I spit it out..... with manners. I am in a high class pro shop here.

Are you originally from Oklahoma? :D

CrazyHorse
04-13-2006, 02:32 PM

I reccommend the shoes with the velcro straps. They're idiot proof. ;)

cdcox
04-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Curse of the Cottonwood, part I.

HemiEd
04-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Are you originally from Oklahoma? :D

No but I did drive through there a lot.

I reccommend the shoes with the velcro straps. They're idiot proof. ;)

But are they flame proof?

Curse of the Cottonwood, part I.

Now I am going to be paranoid, thanks. That tree will not leave me alone.

greg63
04-13-2006, 03:05 PM
No but I did drive through there a lot.

Well, I think that counts. :)

Fish
04-13-2006, 03:50 PM
I think you can get these with soft spikes.........

http://www.classicboots.com/fire/boots/images/fire34-1.jpg

PastorMikH
04-13-2006, 05:30 PM
Doesn't sound like the smartest thing to do. But what do you expect from a guy that loves Dodges.

:p :p :p

Frazod
04-13-2006, 05:41 PM
If you want, I'll come over and shoot your shoelace. :bang:

HemiEd
04-13-2006, 05:42 PM
Doesn't sound like the smartest thing to do. But what do you expect from a guy that loves Dodges.

:p :p :p

eh, all I can say is multi-tasking can back fire sometimes, literally :) .

CrazyHorse
04-13-2006, 06:02 PM
But are they flame proof?

Good point.

HemiEd
04-13-2006, 06:06 PM
If you want, I'll come over and shoot your shoelace. :bang:

Ok, but just leave my fridge alone please! :D

plbrdude
04-13-2006, 06:53 PM

that is absolutely the funniest thing i have heard of in a long time. it's a relief to know now that i'm not the only one that kind of stuff happens to. ROFL ROFL ROFL

morphius
04-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Ok, but just leave my fridge alone please! :D
ummm friendly hint, Fraz may very well shoot them with your feet still in the shoe.

morphius
think then type, but don't think and go click click.

listopencil
04-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Strangely enough, I just bought one of these today:

http://www.popsci.com/popsci/images/handyman_1.jpg

It's an Aim'N'Flame with an articulated neck.

RedDread
04-13-2006, 07:05 PM
What brand of laces are they? I have plans for a shoe bomb in the works. ROFL

cdcox
04-13-2006, 07:07 PM
The NSA just started monitoring ChiefsPlanet.

HemiEd
04-13-2006, 07:16 PM
What brand of laces are they? I have plans for a shoe bomb in the works. ROFL

These are the exact shoes, Strings are probaby made from old Chinese fireworks fuses. :mad: