PDA

View Full Version : Rabbit did not make it out alive

banyon
04-13-2006, 05:27 PM
http://www.summitpost.org/images/medium/185785.jpg

Follow the rabbit tracks. BAM! The tracks suddenly end where the wing prints of an owl start. This picture was taken by a friend of a friend who teaches in Bethel,Alaska. Photo by Susan Barstow.

Ultra Peanut
04-13-2006, 05:29 PM
OUR MAMMALIAN BROTHERS SHALL BE AVENGED

ENDelt260
04-13-2006, 05:31 PM
Kick that cat's ass, duck!

PastorMikH
04-13-2006, 05:41 PM
That'll teach the Easter Bunny to start delivering eggs early in Alaska!

I had a friend back in Kansas who, back when he was a kit had one of his uncles that shot a rabbit on Easter Sunday. He dressed it up in some doll clothes, tied a basket to it's paw and took it to show all the kids at the easter celebration.

seclark
04-13-2006, 05:45 PM
that's a cool pic.
sec

Dave Lane
04-13-2006, 05:46 PM
I could have done without that bit of information.

Dave

morphius
04-13-2006, 05:48 PM
That'll teach the Easter Bunny to start delivering eggs early in Alaska!

I had a friend back in Kansas who, back when he was a kit had one of his uncles that shot a rabbit on Easter Sunday. He dressed it up in some doll clothes, tied a basket to it's paw and took it to show all the kids at the easter celebration.
He was a talking Trans-Am and shot the Easter Bunny? What odd friends you have.

CrazyHorse
04-13-2006, 06:09 PM
http://www.summitpost.org/images/medium/185785.jpg

Actually, the tracks do not suggest a rabbit. At the point where the bird picked up it's prey, it could suggest a rabit because the footprints are side by side. However, the footprints leading up to it's point of capture suggest a "one foot in front of the other" track. A rabbits track is unmistakable. They are always side by side, and never take one step at a time.

They actually look human judging by the size. The tracks off to the right would be closer to a rabbit track, but I even doubt that. It's a cool picture, though.

seclark
04-13-2006, 06:18 PM
Actually, the tracks do not suggest a rabbit. At the point where the bird picked up it's prey, it could suggest a rabit because the footprints are side by side. However, the footprints leading up to it's point of capture suggest a "one foot in front of the other" track. A rabbits track is unmistakable. They are always side by side, and never take one step at a time.
you think woodsie owl snagged something bigger? don't tell me this is fake...i've already made it the background on my pc.
sec

cdcox
04-13-2006, 06:52 PM
Heh, that pic reminds me of a similar event a few years back. After a heavy snow storm, I threw out some bread crumbs for the birds. When I looked out the window a couple hours later, I there was a big explosion of blood and feathers out by the bread crumbs, with some cat tracks headed up to it. Up close you could see bird tracks, feather prints from the struggle, etc. I thought I was feeding the birds but ended up feeding a cat.

Rain Man
04-13-2006, 07:04 PM

They actually look human judging by the size. The tracks off to the right would be closer to a rabbit track, but I even doubt that. It's a cool picture, though.

So your theory is that it was a human who picked an unfortunate time to shape-change into a rabbit?

Ultra Peanut
04-13-2006, 07:26 PM
So your theory is that it was a human who picked an unfortunate time to shape-change into a rabbit?[Oh, damnit. Tobias, a little help here?]
[On my way, Jake. Holy shit, he's huge. I can't take him.]
[Ha, you guys totally fell for it. Suckers.]
[Oh, Marco. What won't you do? When the hell did you acquire that thing, anyways?]

Wile_E_Coyote
04-13-2006, 09:14 PM
I have seen rabbit tracks come to a complete stop in the snow. But there was quite a bit of sign of a struggle. In this pic the bird would have faced the rabbit head on & those tracks look way to deep. I have trouble believing it not to be fake, but it makes for a nice picture

~it would take a good sized bird to pack off a rabbit

Fish
04-13-2006, 09:35 PM
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1843/ahhhhh8pw.gif

??

Rausch
04-13-2006, 09:50 PM
So your theory is that it was a human who picked an unfortunate time to shape-change into a rabbit?

Those Nephilim are ruthless...

banyon
04-13-2006, 11:36 PM

I read this way differently.

I assumed that the tracks on the right were the rabbit who was snagged from the side by the owl. the drag marks are actually the struggle as the owl was trying to fly away.

CrazyHorse
04-14-2006, 05:53 AM
I read this way differently.

I assumed that the tracks on the right were the rabbit who was snagged from the side by the owl. the drag marks are actually the struggle as the owl was trying to fly away.

I guess so. But the tracks on the right aren't rabbit either. Here is an example. The tracks of a running rabbit show the front feet 1st, then the back feet ahead of those. Like these.

CrazyHorse
04-14-2006, 06:04 AM

Not at all. That would be ridiculous.

It was probably an owl hunter in a rabbit costume. I expect the hunter shot the owl when they landed.

Stupid owls.

Phobia
04-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Belly drag can really jack up some rabbit tracks. Anytime there's more than an inch of accumulation you'll get some belly drag.

CrazyHorse
04-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Belly drag can really jack up some rabbit tracks. Anytime there's more than an inch of accumulation you'll get some belly drag.

You're trying too hard.

"Belly drag" would leave a track between the footprints, wouldn't it?

Not to mention, the belly drag theory with 1 inch of accumulation is incorrect. It would be closer to "ass drag". Something of which I am an expert.

Dont challenge me on this Phob. My ass is draggin' right now.