PDA

View Full Version : In what ways are you, "Out of the Loop"?

Ari Chi3fs
04-14-2006, 12:15 AM
Im out of the loop in few ways...

I have not watched one episode of Sopranos. Nor Lost. No OC. Not played a game of Vice City Grand Theft Auto or whatever. I dont watch Adult Swim, nor do I catch Family Guy that often... although it can be quite hilarious.

Ive never snowboarded. But I have skied, and that kicks ass.

I have yet to go out of the US, except for day in Tijuana and a trip to the caribbean. Luckily in Mexico, I did NOT loose any vehicles. That would be moranic. Only and idiot would do something like that.

Anyways, There are certain pop culture things and what not that you are clueless about... here a chance to share.

SBK
04-14-2006, 12:46 AM
Never seen Sopranos, OC or Lost.

I'm 26 now I can't believe how much I don't know, that was common knowledge to me when I was 18.

Katipan
04-14-2006, 12:47 AM
I've never tried meth

Dave Lane
04-14-2006, 12:49 AM

I have not watched one episode of Sopranos. Nor Lost. No OC. Not played a game of Vice City Grand Theft Auto or whatever. I dont watch Adult Swim, nor do I catch Family Guy that often... although it can be quite hilarious.

I have yet to go out of the US, except for day in Tijuana and a trip to the caribbean. Luckily in Mexico, I did NOT loose any vehicles. That would be moranic. Only and idiot would do something like that.

Anyways, There are certain pop culture things and what not that you are clueless about... here a chance to share.

Well with what you are up to with young children I don't know that you should be allowed to leave the country. ROFL

Dave

luv
04-14-2006, 12:50 AM

Basically ditto. Only, I've also never skied. I walked over the Rio Grande into Mexico for a day once.

Rausch
04-14-2006, 12:55 AM
I must be old because I don't feel I'm "out" anything...

chefsos
04-14-2006, 12:56 AM
Oh man, I can't even list 'em all. I'm outta the loop in just about every way imaginable.

big nasty kcnut
04-14-2006, 01:33 AM
I never watched baywatch or listen to kayne west

Taco John
04-14-2006, 01:34 AM
I have a Tivo and haven't watched commercials since 2000.

ENDelt260
04-14-2006, 01:37 AM
I have a Tivo and haven't watched commercials since 2000.
That ****s with me when people start asking me about new movies that are coming out. I've never heard of any of them.

Rausch
04-14-2006, 01:39 AM
That ****s with me when people start asking me about new movies that are coming out. I've never heard of any of them.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/

Keep skipping commercials...

Fishpicker
04-14-2006, 01:39 AM
I dont buy contemporary pop music. very little of what is played on the radio interests me. I dont care for rap, country music, alternative, or even modern metal.

I guess i just prefer tried and true music. even then, I'm still playing catch up.

SNR
04-14-2006, 01:40 AM
Never seen any of the Matrix movies

Nor seen/read the LOTR books/movies

Taco John
04-14-2006, 01:41 AM

Yep... I never know... It's beautiful, because I can actually go to a movie without having it spoiled... And most movies aren't worth the waste of time to watch them, so it all works out.

Ari Chi3fs
04-14-2006, 01:41 AM
Well with what you are up to with young children I don't know that you should be allowed to leave the country. ROFL

Dave

Nice. A man tries to teach elementary - college kids entrepreneur skills, and you crack sicko jokes.

ENDelt260
04-14-2006, 01:42 AM
Yep... I never know... It's beautiful, because I can actually go to a movie without having it spoiled... And most movies aren't worth the waste of time to watch them, so it all works out.
I don't disagree with anything in this post.

SNR
04-14-2006, 01:44 AM
I dont buy contemporary pop music. very little of what is played on the radio interests me. I dont care for rap, country music, alternative, or even modern metal.

I guess i just prefer tried and true music. even then, I'm still playing catch up.As music continues to de-evolve and become less and less complex and more and more popular, it becomes less and less important to keep up with new stuff.

Half of today's bands out there know only 3 chords. Most rappers know even less. What happened to the days where only real musicians' music was listened to?

Fishpicker
04-14-2006, 02:01 AM
As music continues to de-evolve and become less and less complex and more and more popular, it becomes less and less important to keep up with new stuff.

Half of today's bands out there know only 3 chords. Most rappers know even less. What happened to the days where only real musicians' music was listened to?

I know what you mean. every once in a while someone will try to convince me to listen to some rap. alot of times I can pick out songs that the rappers are sampling.

why would I want to listen to some disgusting chant dubbed over a R&B sample? I like george clinton and james brown as much as anyone else. why would i want to listen to a repetitive 5 second sample played over and over?

I dont get it. I'd rather hear the entire song straight from the original source.

Simplex3
04-14-2006, 02:06 AM
As music continues to de-evolve and become less and less complex and more and more popular, it becomes less and less important to keep up with new stuff.

I'm with you two on this. I find two, maybe three new bands a year that I think "Ok, they know their stuff". The rest of the music I discover is actualy several years old.

And talking about bitches and hos over someone else's music isn't art, Big Daddy-E King Turd, or whatever the latest jerkoff's calling himself these days. Those jackoffs can't be shot in their Escalades fast enough.

Taco John
04-14-2006, 02:11 AM

I've heard this complaint since I was in 7th grade... There's ALWAYS someone worth listening to... It's just finding them is the challenge.

Baconeater
04-14-2006, 02:11 AM
I don't watch movies, or really any non sports related network TV. I couldn't name one song that's in the Billboard Top 40. For that matter, I don't even know if the BB Top 40 still exists.

Simplex3
04-14-2006, 02:19 AM
...I don't even know if the BB Top 40 still exists.
Of course it does, that's where today's avid music listener goes to get their marching orders from the RIAA.

patteeu
04-14-2006, 09:38 AM
I'm out of the loop on music because I tend to listen to talk radio. I'm out of the loop on all TV shows except Lost, especially cable/satellite TV because I'm broadcast only. I'm out of the loop on online video games and multimedia internet since I moved to the country 3 years ago and have to do my internet via dialup. I'm out of the loop on baseball since 1994. For some reason, I'm out of the loop on the NFL draft this year (maybe it's because most of the draft talk is in yet another subforum, but probably it's just a phase I'm going through this season). I could go on and on. It would probably be shorter to list what I'm in the loop on.

chagrin
04-14-2006, 09:56 AM
I don't like Green Day, Oprah, Scrubs, Julia Roberts, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Cynthia McKinney, Barry Bonds, Jesse Jackson, Drew Barrymore, Susan Sarandon, baggy pants, long oversized shirts, thumpa thumpa music, John Leguizamo or any other anti white "comic", I don't dance, go to "night clubs", I wear Levi jeans and Levi Jeans only, I don't get sideburns, belly, nipple, clit, penis, eye or any other body/facial piercings, tattooos for the sake of "art/fashion" (I have 2 and they mean something to me and I could give a shit less if anyone ever sees them. I don't buy liberalism, I am not sorry for being a white guy that grew up in the South and I generally don't like "people".

I don't snowboard, skateboard (although in my younger dyas, I mean like when I was 10, I did), waterski, hang glide, work out, drink green tea, eat healthy, I'm not "good looking, people don't "like me", I'm not "svelt", "good with children" I don't "work well with others", and so many more.

Basically I don't like much, but football, beer, food, my wife, music, camping, fishing, reading, God, Jesus, lighthouses, cats and most other animals including hedgehogs, aluminum foil, plastic, iron, darts, pool, swimming and breathing.

I am sure there are many more to list, on both sides but who cares?

Count Alex's Wins
04-14-2006, 09:58 AM
I've never owned a console gaming system.

Oh and I've never had sex with a man.

JBucc
04-14-2006, 09:59 AM
what loop?

Katipan
04-14-2006, 10:02 AM
I don't like Green Day, Oprah, Scrubs, Julia Roberts, George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Cynthia McKinney, Barry Bonds, Jesse Jackson, Drew Barrymore, Susan Sarandon, baggy pants, long oversized shirts, thumpa thumpa music, John Leguizamo or any other anti white "comic", I don't dance, go to "night clubs", I wear Levi jeans and Levi Jeans only, I don't get sideburns, belly, nipple, clit, penis, eye or any other body/facial piercings, tattooos for the sake of "art/fashion" (I have 2 and they mean something to me and I could give a shit less if anyone ever sees them. I don't buy liberalism, I am not sorry for being a white guy that grew up in the South and I generally don't like "people".

I don't snowboard, skateboard (although in my younger dyas, I mean like when I was 10, I did), waterski, hang glide, work out, drink green tea, eat healthy, I'm not "good looking, people don't "like me", I'm not "svelt", "good with children" I don't "work well with others", and so many more.

Basically I don't like much, but football, beer, food, my wife, music, camping, fishing, reading, God, Jesus, lighthouses, cats and most other animals including hedgehogs, aluminum foil, plastic, iron, darts, pool, swimming and breathing.

I am sure there are many more to list, on both sides but who cares?

you need a hug from a mommy

Jilly
04-14-2006, 10:05 AM
I don't get the guys with the shaggy hair thing.

stevieray
04-14-2006, 10:08 AM
"reality" tv.

chagrin
04-14-2006, 10:10 AM
you need a hug from a mommy

I forgot to mention that I am generally happy, I just don't buy the same shit that everyone else seems to do.

Any my mom is dead, please keep that particular saying away from me - it's still a sensitive topic, it's recent.

Saulbadguy
04-14-2006, 10:11 AM
1. Alot of movies. I don't find movies everyone else finds "Hilarious" funny at all. Examples include : Anything with Will Ferrel or Ben Stiller in it. I also dislike mindless action movies, unless they have a sci-fi twist to them. I also have not seen any of the Lord of the Rings movies, but i'd like to.

2. Music. I generally don't listen to music. I like classic rock, but other than that, I really don't know any of the songs or bands out there. I don't go to concerts at all.

3. TV. All I watch is South Park, Family Guy, Simpsons, Seinfeld, Supernanny, Nanny 911, and Unwrapped. Seriously, that is it.

4. I used to be big in to technology, especially PC hardware. Not anymore.

5. The news. I just don't watch, listen, or read about the news.

jlscorpio
04-14-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm pretty up to date on movies, listen to the good modern rock (IMO, of course), however, I have never seen one episode of The Sopranos, Lost, 24, the OC, one tree hill, the list could go on forever. After working a 40 hour week, and sometimes a 2nd job, I just wanna watch a little sportscenter, PTI when I can, and during football season I watch all things Chiefs/NFL news. With the draft coming up, I'm watching even less "regular" TV.

Nzoner
04-14-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm with you two on this. I find two, maybe three new bands a year that I think "Ok, they know their stuff". The rest of the music I discover is actualy several years old.

And talking about bitches and hos over someone else's music isn't art, Big Daddy-E King Turd, or whatever the latest jerkoff's calling himself these days. Those jackoffs can't be shot in their Escalades fast enough.

Add me to this list as well,it's getting damn irritating going out on the weekends here because pretty much everyplace I enjoy drinking has gone to jukeboxes or dj's which have or know not much of anything but hip-hop.

If not that then I have to endure some karaoke idiot who thinks they can sing better than the original artist.

Baby Lee
04-14-2006, 10:16 AM
I'm not "good looking, people don't "like me", I'm not "svelt", "good with children" I don't "work well with others", and so many more.
Chagrin is Chris Farley on Weekend update!!

I'm not 'pleasant.' I don't 'bathe regularly.' I emit a 'peculiar odor.' etc.

ROFL ROFL

jidar
04-14-2006, 10:20 AM
I've never cut a mans heart out and watch it take it's final beats in the palm of my hand.

chagrin
04-14-2006, 10:22 AM
Chagrin is Chris Farley on Weekend update!!

I'm not 'pleasant.' I don't 'bathe regularly.' I emit a 'peculiar odor.' etc.

ROFL ROFL

Thank you for recognizing that

jidar
04-14-2006, 10:25 AM
I forgot to mention that I am generally happy, I just don't buy the same shit that everyone else seems to do.

Are you sure? I thought you just listed the shit that everyone is doing. Do you think you have more people around you doing that shit or other shit?

ROYC75
04-14-2006, 10:30 AM
I never watched baywatch or listen to kayne west

Who is kayne west ?

Count Alex's Wins
04-14-2006, 10:31 AM
Who is kayne west ?

Some flavor-of-the-month dipshit musician.

Katipan
04-14-2006, 10:32 AM
He hates black people.

ROYC75
04-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Out of the loop ? Shit I'm still stuck in the 60's man .

Saulbadguy
04-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Who is kayne west ?
He is the guy who said "George Bush doesn't care about black people". Other than that I don't know anything about him.

chagrin
04-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Are you sure? I thought you just listed the shit that everyone is doing. Do you think you have more people around you doing that shit or other shit?

What?

Everywhere I look I see an old hag wearing the same clothes as her tramp looking 12,14, 17 or whatever year old. I hear the same shit music everywhere, I read biased, slanted bullshit news items, I see criminals getting ,movie deals, book deals and smiling on tv - we got Tom Cruise basically brainwashing a young girl into a robot, we got dickheads like Taco John, meme and vlad tyring to push their daisy picking, self righteous, two faced jackass points of views on us. People in my building here at work, I mean adults who raise children, putting their fuggin boogars on the bathroom walls. And all of this seems to be generally accepted as "right" by so many people.

I consider myself to be out of the loop because I don't buy into it. That's all.

My words may seem harsh or make out to be angry but I'm not. I just was following what I thought to be the gist of the thread.

chagrin
04-14-2006, 10:41 AM
Some flavor-of-the-month dipshit musician.

musician---- ROFL

Mr. Laz
04-14-2006, 10:41 AM
don't watch sopranos,lost,american idol,OC

don't like 99% of hip hop

don't "My Space"

don't wear my pants half hanging off my ass or my hat sideways.

don't own a gun, no plans to buy one

not standing in line to give Nick Athan a blow job

i don't know how many names Mr. Kotter has

but on the other side, i am walking around town right now with my leather thong showing out of the top of my pants .......... so that has me feeling pretty "Hot". :thumb:

ROYC75
04-14-2006, 11:23 AM
What?

Everywhere I look I see an old hag wearing the same clothes as her tramp looking 12,14, 17 or whatever year old. I hear the same shit music everywhere, I read biased, slanted bullshit news items, I see criminals getting ,movie deals, book deals and smiling on tv - we got Tom Cruise basically brainwashing a young girl into a robot, we got dickheads like Taco John, meme and vlad tyring to push their daisy picking, self righteous, two faced jackass points of views on us. People in my building here at work, I mean adults who raise children, putting their fuggin boogars on the bathroom walls. And all of this seems to be generally accepted as "right" by so many people.

I consider myself to be out of the loop because I don't buy into it. That's all.

My words may seem harsh or make out to be angry but I'm not. I just was following what I thought to be the gist of the thread.

Is that all ? You sure you didn't leave something out ? ROFL ROFL

chagrin
04-14-2006, 11:43 AM
Is that all ? You sure you didn't leave something out ? ROFL ROFL

I included some things I like :harumph:

Katipan
04-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Women have always wanted to be younger. A weird mother/daughter dynamic has always existed. We've always cheered on the bad guys. They're so much more romantic. Tom Cruise couldn't brainwash anything not half brain dead anyways. Have Taco, mem, and vlad been appearing on doorsteps to preach? How can I make an appointment?

boogers are gross.

I give great hugs.

Ari Chi3fs
04-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Keep guns away from Chagrin... I fear he may go postal soon.

Tatertot13
04-14-2006, 11:50 AM
I've never given my girlfriend a donkey punch

chagrin
04-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Keep guns away from Chagrin... I fear he may go postal soon.

:bang:

chagrin
04-14-2006, 11:52 AM
Women have always wanted to be younger. A weird mother/daughter dynamic has always existed. We've always cheered on the bad guys. They're so much more romantic. Tom Cruise couldn't brainwash anything not half brain dead anyways. Have Taco, mem, and vlad been appearing on doorsteps to preach? How can I make an appointment?

boogers are gross.

I give great hugs.

You know exactly what I mean; I just happened to be repulsed by all of the above.

Besides, I may seem like an agry dude, but if you met me "in person", you'd see I am really just a fun-gi

dirk digler
04-14-2006, 11:53 AM
1. Alot of movies. I don't find movies everyone else finds "Hilarious" funny at all. Examples include : Anything with Will Ferrel or Ben Stiller in it. I also dislike mindless action movies, unless they have a sci-fi twist to them. I also have not seen any of the Lord of the Rings movies, but i'd like to.

2. Music. I generally don't listen to music. I like classic rock, but other than that, I really don't know any of the songs or bands out there. I don't go to concerts at all.

3. TV. All I watch is South Park, Family Guy, Simpsons, Seinfeld, Supernanny, Nanny 911, and Unwrapped. Seriously, that is it.

4. I used to be big in to technology, especially PC hardware. Not anymore.

5. The news. I just don't watch, listen, or read about the news.

This is what happens when you get married.. :)

Mr. Laz
04-14-2006, 11:53 AM
I give great hugs.
:drool:

Hugs teh rulez!

StcChief
04-14-2006, 12:21 PM
1) Stopped / actually didn't go to movies much.

2) Don't try and find new music, most I have heard is cRAP or screaming, by no talent a$$ clowns.

Rain Man
04-14-2006, 12:25 PM
I can't tell most of the female starlets apart. They all look alike any more. Good, but alike.

I don't watch any reality TV shows, and I don't have wireless e-mail.

I also still have dialup service at home.

BucEyedPea
04-14-2006, 12:48 PM
I don't watch TV anymore...or hardly at all.

Amnorix
04-14-2006, 01:16 PM
:evil: MWA HAHAHAHAH I have you all topped. I'm so out of the loop you pathetic losers can't even begin to compete with me:

1. I have never been drunk (and yes, I am serious)

2. I have never tried any controlled substance without a prescription.

3. I have never had anything remotely relating to risky sex.

4. I've never had a one night stand.

5. With relatively few exceptions, I've watched relatively little TV since about 1993. Basically, it would be quicker to list what I HAVE seen since that timeframe than what I haven't. This also includes news and political talk shows and such (that part might surprise people).

Out of the loop on pop culture? I couldn't even find the loop to tell you how far outside of it I am...

Count Alex's Wins
04-14-2006, 02:06 PM

Wow. Even I've been drunk a few times.

pak1983
04-14-2006, 02:17 PM

You are out of the loops mister!!! Check out Coheed & Cambria, MUSE, Avenged Sevenfold, The Sounds of Animals Fighting, Killswitch Engage if you want some real musicians

Amnorix
04-14-2006, 02:22 PM
Wow. Even I've been drunk a few times.

Yes, but I've had sex. I'll take sex over drinking any day. :)

Count Alex's Wins
04-14-2006, 02:24 PM
Yes, but I've had sex. I'll take sex over drinking any day. :)

I must say, it was unfortunate that being drunk never lead to sex. I guess that's why I gave up drinking.

SNR
04-14-2006, 04:27 PM
You are out of the loops mister!!! Check out Coheed & Cambria, MUSE, Avenged Sevenfold, The Sounds of Animals Fighting, Killswitch Engage if you want some real musiciansMost of modern music today I will tolerate if it's good. The last "popular" band whose CD I bought was Queen, if that tells you anything.

You probably don't know me that well, but I am an ultimate music purist. I believe music is an art form, that tone and pitch in rhythmic sequences is the art, and not the poetry (good or bad) that may come with the music. When I mean "good" music I'm talking about composers who knew how to write counterpoint and use it effectively... developed forms of rhythmic continuity while maintaining form and structure. So yes, I'm talking about mostly Bach, Beethoven, and the boys, but also the atonal composers as well. In fact, I have a greater appreciation for their music more than anything, because they have advanced the concepts of western music to the max.

I doubt you still want to talk about my tastes in music anymore, so I'll stop right there.

WilliamTheIrish
04-14-2006, 08:23 PM
Never watched an episode of any reality show. The shiot doesn't appeal to me. Never has.

I'm not as up to date on music these days. That makes me rather unhappy. I know there is good music being made that will appeal to me, but the small sample of cookie cutter radio stations in this area kills me.
On the upside, I won an XM satellite receiver and will soon be able to sample all types of new music w/o commercial interruption.

Also, I'm getting ready to burst onto the TIVO scene. I detest commercials. I usually mute the TV, and do situps on a physioball during commercials.

milkman
04-14-2006, 08:34 PM
What's "The loop"?

Simplex3
04-14-2006, 10:29 PM
:evil: MWA HAHAHAHAH I have you all topped. I'm so out of the loop you pathetic losers can't even begin to compete with me:

Check.

2. I have never tried any controlled substance without a prescription.
Check.

3. I have never had anything remotely relating to risky sex.
Check.

4. I've never had a one night stand.
Check.

5. With relatively few exceptions, I've watched relatively little TV since about 1993. Basically, it would be quicker to list what I HAVE seen since that timeframe than what I haven't. This also includes news and political talk shows and such (that part might surprise people).

Out of the loop on pop culture? I couldn't even find the loop to tell you how far outside of it I am...
I've watched more TV than I should, though I watch far less than anyone else I know personally.

Guess that makes me a close second to biggest loser on the Planet? Always the bride's maid, never the bride. :shake:

SNR
04-14-2006, 11:45 PM
Guess that makes me a close second to biggest loser on the Planet? Always the bride's maid, never the bride. :shake:I didn't know you were a transvestite

big nasty kcnut
04-14-2006, 11:52 PM
My space is useful cause i found a lot of old friends on it.

greg63
04-14-2006, 11:56 PM
In what ways are you, "Out of the Loop"?

In just about every way possible, with the exception of the quality information derived from my 8 ball.

Lurch
04-14-2006, 11:58 PM
I've loved music my entire life. Life is so busy anymore, that I can't or don't keep up. Plus pop music/top 40 seems to really be pretty uninviting, for me, these days.

Simplex3
04-15-2006, 02:00 AM
I didn't know you were a transvestite
Relax there Francis, goatcheeze is still the only shot you have at getting that Catholic Priest fantasy fullfilled.

Talisman
04-15-2006, 02:38 AM
I've never given my girlfriend a donkey punch
Don't. She doesn't like it. But she was kind of partial to the Egyptian Teabag and the Rusty Trombone.

SNR
04-15-2006, 10:14 AM
Relax there Francis, goatcheeze is still the only shot you have at getting that Catholic Priest fantasy fullfilled.Gochiefs isn't Catholic

SNR
04-15-2006, 10:18 AM
Don't. She doesn't like it. But she was kind of partial to the Egyptian Teabag and the Rusty Trombone.I wouldn't go for the Abraham Lincoln either. It just makes a big mess in the end

KC Jones
04-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Perhaps I can win a consolation prize for furthest distance from in the loop to outside of it.

15 years ago:
I was a waiter and all over the midtown art/party/bar scene. I could get into most clubs without paying cover and the parties my roomies and I threw were legendary (the 'Holly House' for any of you in the scene back then - same place the Sin City Disciples lived). I also did a lot of drugs and occasionally sold them too. It was a blast, but I realized it was heading nowhere.

Today:
I'm a software engineer raising two kids in the suburbs. Other than the Battlestar Galactica series I watch nothing regularly, and in general don't like TV. I just got a cell phone 2 days ago and have yet to use it. Unless it involves raisings kids, playing video games, or doing software development, I have no idea about anything that's current. I've lost contact with every single one of my friends from my hipster days with the only exception being the guy that was my best friend in high school.

memyselfI
04-15-2006, 03:11 PM

I've not watched a 'reality tv' show. Don't really know, or care, who is still on American Idol or the island.