PDA

View Full Version : Who is the greatest planeteer of all-time?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

milkman
04-29-2006, 11:04 PM
The technical term used was "Ramifization" which aptly characterized the 2001-2002 Chiefs - all offense, no defense, and .500 as the goal. I was right on Gunther, he's back on the staff; I was right on DV; his stacking one side of the ball against the other resulted in .500 - below Marty and equal with Cunningham. If that makes me a pariah, so be it.
Edwards will take the team back into Marty territory and possibly beyond if he cam sustain most of Al Saunders' offense and keep Cunningham's defense in serviceable talent.

I never agreed with you are Gunt, or Marty before him.

I did, however, agree with you on Dick.

I just didn't carry it as far as you.

As far as Hermie is concerned, I think we're looking at ReMarty.

greg63
04-29-2006, 11:06 PM
I never agreed with you are Gunt, or Marty before him.

I did, however, agree with you on Dick.

I just didn't carry it as far as you.

As far as Hermie is concerned, I think we're looking at ReMarty.

I'm pretty sure that is a safe statement.

Logical
04-30-2006, 12:18 AM
Oh hell, I'd rather be fed to Bin Laden than be the ChiefsPlanet alltime internet dweeb. The Planet is a zoo for geeky beer drinkers and lonely internet surfers. I have a life. I am a rabid Chiefs fan but being a planeteer nowadays has almost nothing to do with the Chiefs.

I was just tweaking the regs who will react childishly to my presence on the BBS.

o:-)

Never forget he deserves Pie.

Rausch
04-30-2006, 01:04 AM
The technical term used was "Ramifization" which aptly characterized the 2001-2002 Chiefs - all offense, no defense, and .500 as the goal. I was right on Gunther, he's back on the staff; I was right on DV; his stacking one side of the ball against the other resulted in .500 - below Marty and equal with Cunningham. If that makes me a pariah, so be it.
Edwards will take the team back into Marty territory and possibly beyond if he cam sustain most of Al Saunders' offense and keep Cunningham's defense in serviceable talent.

Excuse me for expecting better...

Phobia
04-30-2006, 01:13 AM
I'd really like to make a response to KCJohnny but I'd rather sing a little song instead.

Ohhhh Johnnnnny boy.....

YOU SUCK YOU SUCK

PLEASE LEAVE PLEASE LEAVE

Ohhhh Johnnnnny boy.....

I HATE YOU I HATE YOU

PLEASE EAT AN AGED MCDONALDS CHEESEBURGER AND THROW UP FOR 2 DAYS YOU FILTHY ARMY PUKE

Ohhhh Johnnnnny boy.....

YOU SUCK I HATE YOU PLEASE LEAVE YOU PUKE

I HOPE YOU TAKE YOUR GUITAR AND GET CAUGHT IN A FRICK'N TSUNAMI OR HOWEVER THE HELL YOU SPELL IT AND THEN WHEN YOU TRY TO RIDE YOUR GUITAR TO SHORE IT SHATTERS ON A .... WELL, IT SHATTERS ON SOMETHING REALLY BAD AND THEN JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU'RE ABOUT TO DIE A FRIENDLY PORPOISE COMES ALONG - AND WHEN I SAY FRIENDLY I MEAN REALLY FRIENDLY IN THE COLONOSCOPY WAY AND HE PUSHES YOU TO DRY LAND WITH YOU ENJOYING THE RIDE THE ENTIRE WAY.

Ohhhh Johnnnnny boy.....

PLEASE BRING MY PIE PLEASE BRING ME MY PIE

ENDelt260
04-30-2006, 03:49 AM
that song brought a tear to my eye

greg63
04-30-2006, 04:56 AM
that song brought a tear to my eye

Yeah, I laughed so hard I cried too.ROFL

:no smilie: For SNR.

Phobia
04-30-2006, 07:47 AM
That song was a whole lot funnier for me at 2:00 AM.

ENDelt260
04-30-2006, 04:32 PM
did the trick for me at almost 3am.

the 15% alcohol beer I was drinking at the time might've helped

Claynus
04-30-2006, 04:36 PM
Thank god the draft is over.

Now we can get back to the really important things...like this contest.

htismaqe
04-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Now this is funny. Looks like EnDelt was having some fun here...

Hey, I was here when denise was a regular and Sportswax was still pimping Warren Moon as the KC QBotF. You rookies have nothin' on me. I happen to know that Gaz has a pony tail and other strange details about the regulars....

:)

Hey, I was here when denise was a regular and Sportswax was still pimping Warren Moon as the KC QBotF. You rookies have nothin' on me. I happen to know that Gaz has a pony tail and that Parker is gay.

It's not who you know, it's what you can do. No, wait....

Halfcan
04-30-2006, 05:03 PM
I say Jenny all the way.

Crush
04-30-2006, 06:52 PM
It has to be Rain Man.

luv
04-30-2006, 07:08 PM
Taking another day off?

milkman
04-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Taking another day off?

Damn girl, make up your mind.

Claynus
04-30-2006, 07:12 PM
Taking another day off?

The draft was the star today. I refuse to share the spotlight.

Check in tomorrow around noon! Free ENDelt260 bobblehead dolls at the door!

luv
04-30-2006, 07:25 PM
Damn girl, make up your mind.
I did.

milkman
04-30-2006, 07:32 PM
I did.

Sure you did.

I miss the "2Rite" part.

luv
04-30-2006, 07:34 PM
Sure you did.

I miss the "2Rite" part.
Time for a change. Insomniac just didn't fit. I guess I was too used to people calling me luv. I decided to leave off the 2rite part.

Rain Man
04-30-2006, 07:35 PM
Do you no longer love writing?

Claynus
04-30-2006, 07:35 PM

Maybe she can't write anymore.

Ari Chi3fs
04-30-2006, 07:36 PM
GoChiefs is slacking... what a shitbag.

luv
04-30-2006, 07:36 PM
I still love to write. I just wanted a change. I'm a woman. It's my perrogative (sp?).

luv
04-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Who knows? It's been awhile since I have. I love this rainy weather, though. Usually brings out the writer in me.

Claynus
04-30-2006, 07:39 PM
GoChiefs is slacking... what a shitbag.

I pondered putting up the polls, but decided better in favor of the draft.

luv
04-30-2006, 07:42 PM
I pondered putting up the polls, but decided better in favor of the draft.
I think it was a good decision. It's good for off season fun, but there was too much football going on this weekend to talk about.

milkman
04-30-2006, 07:43 PM
I still love to write. I just wanted a change. I'm a woman. It's my perrogative (sp?).

Yeah, I know.

I didn't like the Insomiac moniker.

I'm glad you exercised you're preogative.

4th and Long
04-30-2006, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I know.

Prerogative!

Rain Man

I've forgotten how to write a cursive Q. It really bothers me.

Skip Towne
Yeah, I know.

Haha. You both spelled it wrong. Prerogative.

Claynus
04-30-2006, 07:50 PM
Prerogative!

One benefit of being a Star Trek fan.

4th and Long
04-30-2006, 07:50 PM
I got it right. :D

luv
04-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Prerogative!
Thanks.

4th and Long
INDEED!
http://www.mythfolklore.net/mywiki/images/spock.jpg

4th and Long
Thanks.
You're welcome. :)

luv
04-30-2006, 07:52 PM
I've forgotten how to write a cursive Q. It really bothers me.
It kinda looks like a number 2. If I'm remembering correctly. :)

4th and Long
04-30-2006, 07:55 PM
It kinda looks like a number 2. If I'm remembering correctly. :)
http://www.handwritingforkids.com/handwrite/qc.gif

Rain Man
04-30-2006, 07:57 PM
That makes no sense at all. It looks nothing like a regular Q. Nothing!

milkman
04-30-2006, 07:58 PM

I looked it up before I posted.

Damn typo that I didn't catch! :banghead:

4th and Long
04-30-2006, 08:01 PM
That makes no sense at all. It looks nothing like a regular Q. Nothing!
Which is why I print everything except where I have to actually sign my name. Well, that and the fact that art school and drafting taught me to forget cursive.

Claynus
04-30-2006, 08:01 PM
art school and drafting taught me to forget cursive.

Art school and drafting...the perfect precursors to a career in the medical field. :)

4th and Long
04-30-2006, 08:04 PM
Art school and drafting...the perfect precursors to a career in the medical field. :)
ROFL

Not really. When I found out what the phrase, "Starving Artist" meant, I kinda changed directions.

Skip Towne
I'm happy to announce that I could spell it without watching that stupid shit.

milkman
Which is why I print everything except where I have to actually sign my name. Well, that and the fact that art school and drafting taught me to forget cursive.

My signature looks something like a J in cursive, followed by a worm.

4th and Long
04-30-2006, 08:05 PM
My signature looks something like a J in cursive, followed by a worm.
Unless I'm signing a check, (my bank is picky) mine looks like an epileptic grabbed a pen and had a seizure.

Rain Man
04-30-2006, 08:07 PM
I've hardly written cursive at all since about the fifth grade. I like the look of printing better, so that's what I've always used. About once every six months, if I'm taking notes at a meeting or something, I'll use cursive just for fun.

Claynus
04-30-2006, 08:08 PM
ROFL

Not really. When I found out what the phrase, "Starving Artist" meant, I kinda changed directions.

Your dad was right all along!

Claynus
04-30-2006, 08:09 PM
I've hardly written cursive at all since about the fifth grade. I like the look of printing better, so that's what I've always used. About once every six months, if I'm taking notes at a meeting or something, I'll use cursive just for fun.

Cursive is a waste of time. They shouldn't teach it. :harumph:

luv
Are you able to decipher it later?

milkman
Unless I'm signing a check, (my bank is picky) mine looks like an epileptic grabbed a pen and had a seizure.

I guess you landed in the right career then.

Skip Towne
04-30-2006, 08:10 PM
One of my best buds in high school (early 60's) dad couldn't read or write. If he owed you a bill he would go home and have his wife write you a check and bring it back. But he had a successful house painting business and was well though of in the community. What a handicap that would be.

4th and Long
04-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Your dad was right all along!
Actually, my Dad got me a job at General Motors. I learned very quickly that although the pay was nice, putting the same screw in the same hole with an air gun every 56 seconds was mind numbing and there was no way I was going to spend 30 years doing that.

Rain Man
04-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Are you able to decipher it later?

My cursive is very easy to read, in part because it's written like a fourth-grader writes. Everything is by the book.

My printing is awesome. I print like a typewriter if I'm not in a huge hurry. If I'm in a huge hurry, I print like a typewriter that's been in a fire - still good, but just a little bit melty.

4th and Long
04-30-2006, 08:14 PM
I guess you landed in the right career then.
I'm not a Doctor. In fact, if I were a Doctor, they would kick me out of the doctors club for having exceptional hand writing. Some of these guys write like 2nd graders.

Scratch that. MOST of these guys write like second graders, ... epileptic second graders, ... having a seizure.

4th and Long
04-30-2006, 08:15 PM
My cursive is very easy to read, in part because it's written like a fourth-grader writes. Everything is by the book.

My printing is awesome. I print like a typewriter if I'm not in a huge hurry. If I'm in a huge hurry, I print like a typewriter that's been in a fire - still good, but just a little bit melty.
Melty? Is that really a word or are you trying to slide one past us?

Rain Man
04-30-2006, 08:17 PM
One of my best buds in high school (early 60's) dad couldn't read or right. If he owed you a bill he would go home and have his wife write you a check and bring it back. But he had a successful house painting business and was well though of in the community. What a handicap that would be.

My dad used to have a guy who worked for him, and the guy had been a street worker in St. Louis years earlier. Whenever my dad (a small-town guy) went to St. Louis, he would have this guy navigate for him. After doing that for a while, we learned that the guy couldn't read or write. He knew all of the streets by memory - quite impressive.

I just chatted with my sister today, who's a teacher in rural Missouri, and she mentioned that a parent brought his kid into class late the other day, and when she asked him to sign his kid in on the required form, he mentioned that he couldn't write. It's astounding to me that someone under 35 would not be able to write their own kid's name. It may be a coincidence, but the guy has three kids who are all mentally retarded, so I wonder if there's a genetic thing going on there.

Rain Man
04-30-2006, 08:18 PM
Melty? Is that really a word or are you trying to slide one past us?

If it's not a word, it should be. It reminds me of grilled cheese. Mmmmmm.

4th and Long
04-30-2006, 08:20 PM
If it's not a word, it should be. It reminds me of grilled cheese. Mmmmmm.
Mmmmmm. Melty grilled cheese samich. :drool:

Damnit! Now I'm hungry. Thanks a lot! :cuss:

luv
04-30-2006, 08:21 PM
I'm not a Doctor. In fact, if I were a Doctor, they would kick me out of the doctors club for having exceptional hand writing. Some of these guys write like 2nd graders.

Scratch that. MOST of these guys write like second graders, ... epileptic second graders, ... having a seizure.
Did you take a class in hieroglyphics?

4th and Long
04-30-2006, 08:24 PM
Did you take a class in hieroglyphics?
It's required. Now if I can just get the Docs to use standardized, approved, abbreviations instead of the old abbreviations, (Q Day, not QD, etc.) life would be a bit better.

greg63
04-30-2006, 08:25 PM

Well now you're degrading epileptic second graders with poor handwriting.

4th and Long
04-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Well now you're degrading epileptic second graders with poor handwriting.
ROFL I think you're right. My most sincere apologies to all the epileptic second graders. :D

Claynus
04-30-2006, 08:30 PM
My most sincere apologies to all the epileptic second graders. :D

Teacher telling the I'm

greg63
04-30-2006, 08:32 PM
ROFL I think you're right. My most sincere apologies to all the epileptic second graders. :D

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

4th and Long
Teacher telling the I'm
I said epileptic, not dyslexic. :p

greg63
Teacher telling the I'm

Dog my oh!

greg63
04-30-2006, 08:35 PM

Yep; huge difference.

Claynus
04-30-2006, 08:36 PM

:banghead:

Skip Towne
04-30-2006, 08:38 PM

My dad was an MD. He had very legible handwriting. But I still couldn't read prescriptions he wrote. I asked him why and he said because they were in Latin.

4th and Long
04-30-2006, 08:41 PM
My dad was an MD. He had very legible handwriting. But I still couldn't read prescriptions he wrote. I asked him why and he said because they were in Latin.
Most standard abbreviations are still derived from Latin.

BID = 2 times a day (Bi)
TID = 3 times a day (Tri)
QID = 4 times a day (Quad)

Theres a million more but I'll be damned if I'm typing them all out.

BucEyedPea
04-30-2006, 09:16 PM
ROFL

That's actually not as true as many think!
I had that run on me by my mom ALL the time and some others.

There are more jobs today than ever before for artists...at a decent living and in some cases an exceptional living. 3D hi-tech artists get 6 figures as have animators and creative directors/art directors ( advertising, graphic design) can make just as much, in many cases more, than dentists and pharmacists.

In fact I know several fine artists that make six figures...close to 200k per year.

It's all marketing.

ENDelt260
04-30-2006, 11:36 PM
Free ENDelt260 bobblehead dolls at the door!

I don't recall licensing my image. I better be getting paid.

luv
04-30-2006, 11:44 PM
I don't recall licensing my image. I better be getting paid.
Getting paid for your bobblehead services?