PDA

View Full Version : Why did you vote for who you voted for?

Lake
04-15-2006, 11:33 AM
If you voted for Bush, tell everyone why. If you voted for Kerry tell everyone why.

Adept Havelock
04-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Sadly, the same reason I voted as I have in the last several elections.

I felt it was the lesser of two (or in 1996, three) evils. Damn it, I'm getting tired of that.
Give me a decent choice, somebody! Biden or Clark would not only have my vote in a heartbeat, I'd volunteer and work my ass off for them. :cuss:

Lake
04-15-2006, 12:52 PM
I voted third party. Bush lost me at Iraq and that is just the start. Kerry could not convince me to cast my vote for him.

Taco John
04-15-2006, 01:01 PM
I voted for Michael Badnarik because I wasn't willing to vote for either Bush or Kerry, and Badnarik was teh candidate that most closely held my views.

Unfortunately, the system only allows for the candidates who are in the industry's pocket to participate.

Hydrae
04-15-2006, 01:36 PM
I voted for Kerry simply because I felt he was the most likely to defeat Bush. So it was really a vote against GW.

Otherwise, I would have voted for Badnarik. But I knew it would be a throw away vote and I felt the most important thing was to try to remove Bush from that office. I can not express my disappointment in the voters in this country that reelected what IMO is the worst president of my lifetime (born in 1960 so yes, I am putting him as worse than Nixon).

patteeu
04-15-2006, 01:37 PM
I voted for Bush because as far as I'm concerned, he's on the right track in the GWoT (more or less) and because he was the guy I trusted not to give up in Iraq.

Hydrae
04-15-2006, 01:38 PM
Sadly, the same reason I voted as I have in the last several elections.

I felt it was the lesser of two (or in 1996, three) evils. Damn it, I'm getting tired of that.
Give me a decent choice, somebody! Biden or Clark would not only have my vote in a heartbeat, I'd volunteer and work my ass off for them. :cuss:

I have only started voting in presidential elections recently for just this reason. Talking heads wonder why there is such apathy at the polls. This is a large portion of the issue in my opinion. Even this last time around, my vote didn't go to who I wanted but to against who I didn't want. That is sad.

unlurking
04-15-2006, 01:45 PM
I voted for Michael Badnarik because I wasn't willing to vote for either Bush or Kerry, and Badnarik was teh candidate that most closely held my views.

Unfortunately, the system only allows for the candidates who are in the industry's pocket to participate.
Same. Will continue voting for a Libertarian candidate, if only for the hope that they will one day reach the 6% mark required to garner federal funding.

Lake
04-15-2006, 01:52 PM
The sad thing is that Badnarik lost so many votes to both parties because they both scared so many people to vote for or against them. I also know many fellow Libertarians who felt that Badnarik was too extreme or borderline at best.

banyon
04-15-2006, 03:19 PM
I voted for Kerry simply because I felt he was the most likely to defeat Bush. So it was really a vote against GW.

Otherwise, I would have voted for Badnarik. But I knew it would be a throw away vote and I felt the most important thing was to try to remove Bush from that office. I can not express my disappointment in the voters in this country that reelected what IMO is the worst president of my lifetime (born in 1960 so yes, I am putting him as worse than Nixon).

Hydrae's reasons are pretty much mine too. But instead of Bednarik, I would've voted for Camejo (Green), as I did (for Nader as a Green) in 2000.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-15-2006, 03:24 PM
I would have voted for Nader had I followed my heart, but I chose Kerry because I was fairly compatible with his own beliefs and policies and I did and still hate almost all of the Republican platform, especially when espoused by a sonofabitch as thoroughly stupid as Bush.

Cochise
04-15-2006, 03:28 PM
I voted for DOGPISS for never posting any dumbassery.

BucEyedPea
04-15-2006, 03:33 PM
I voted Third Party due to Iraq and lack of fiscal restraint by Bush

Kerry....I could not bring myself to vote for him as a Commander in Chief of our Armed forces due to his meeting with Madam Bing in Paris ( based on what I read) during 'Nam...I think he's guilty of treason and is shameless opportunist.

Both parties sukk today.

The least I'd vote for would be divided gov't (Dem prez so long as they are not a War Hawk and a GOP congress) so they can't get anything done.
Then our property, money and freedom would be safer.

ROFL

Lake
04-15-2006, 03:54 PM
I did not know that Nader was on the ballot in Kansa. I do not remember him being a choice in Missouri.

Lurch
04-15-2006, 04:13 PM
I voted for Bush. He was the lesser of two bad choices. Gore was a pussy. Kerry even more of a pussy. They make Bill Clinton look pretty damn good. Nominate Clark, or Lieberman, Warner, Obama, or Byah in 2008....then I'll think about voting against the complacency and mismanagement of the GOP. Nominate Hillary, or some other loon, and I may sit this one out.

BCD
04-15-2006, 06:07 PM
I voted for Bush because Kerry is a tool. Such a tool, I could not even see how much of a tool Bush is. I should've abstained...

BCD
04-15-2006, 06:11 PM

Unfortunately, the system only allows for the candidates who are in the industry's pocket to participate.I may vote Libertarian next time. Republicans and Democrats are clueless.

banyon
04-15-2006, 06:21 PM
I did not know that Nader was on the ballot in Kansa. I do not remember him being a choice in Missouri.

Sure he was. You don't remember?

Chiefs Express
04-15-2006, 07:13 PM
Sure he was. You don't remember?
Typical response from someone like banyon. The last election had two major candidates, Bush and Kerry. NOT Gore.

I guess banyon is still pissed that his uncle Al was not elected.

As for my vote in the last election, I voted for Bush. My reasons were that during a time that this country need a leader Bush was that leader. Today, regardless of all of the liberal slant on the state of the country, Bush is still a better leader than any of the democratic candidates that were available and are currently available.

Lake
04-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Better than Clark? Edwards? Lieberman? It was a tossup between Bush and Kerry or Dean. Bush was better than Gephardt, Sharpton, Braun, or Kucinich. If the latter three would have been able to become elected they would not have been able to do anything.

Amnorix
04-15-2006, 09:12 PM
Kerry, mostly cuz he was the only viable alternative to the disaster we've had in the WH since '01.

Pitt Gorilla
04-15-2006, 09:18 PM
I voted for Bush in 00 and Kerry in 04. Ick.

Biden vs. McCain would be good for our country.

BucEyedPea
04-15-2006, 10:01 PM
McCain is a super, super WarHawk...one of the most blood thirsty of the Neo Cons. ick!

Lurch
04-15-2006, 10:45 PM
...Biden vs. McCain would be good for our country.

Are you out of your stinkin' mind? New blood, man: Allen vs. Obama

Lurch
04-15-2006, 10:46 PM
McCain is a super, super WarHawk...one of the most blood thirsty of the Neo Cons. ick!

You must be a real pacifist pussy to say that.

BucEyedPea
04-15-2006, 10:52 PM
We all know that debating with name calling is sign of intellectual bankruptcy! ROFL

PS I am as right wing as they come.

petegz28
04-16-2006, 12:06 AM
I voted for Bush. It isn't that I am a Conservative. I just can't stand Liberals.

Chiefs Express
04-16-2006, 07:01 AM
Kerry, mostly cuz he was the only viable alternative to the disaster we've had in the WH since '01.

We are very fortunate that your choice did not get elected, the disaster with someone with absolutely no leadership skills, as proved in the days up to the election, would have made what you called a disaster exponentially worse.

CHIEF4EVER
04-16-2006, 07:55 AM
Why did you vote for who you voted for?

Because the coin flip came up 'heads'.

Lake
04-16-2006, 02:15 PM
We are not any more or less fortunate that Bush is in office. It is becoming harder and harder to set these people apart.
I am going to have to use that coin flip idea. I will go ahead and retire the dice the next time I go to the polls.

Pitt Gorilla
04-16-2006, 05:02 PM
We are very fortunate that your choice did not get elected, the disaster with someone with absolutely no leadership skills, as proved in the days up to the election, would have made what you called a disaster exponentially worse.No.

Chiefs Express
04-16-2006, 05:14 PM
No.

You blindly offer up a no?

What kind of leadership did Gore or Kerry ever show? Kerry showed that he was not a leader and not even a follower.

Gore....nothing can be said of Gore, he sat on his ass for 4 years as VP and didn't do a thing.

NO?

Right.

Lake
04-16-2006, 06:23 PM
They still could not do any worse. Anyone would be able to do as bad a job as the one that is being done right now.

Pitt Gorilla
04-16-2006, 06:58 PM
They still could not do any worse. Anyone would be able to do as bad a job as the one that is being done right now.That was my point.

Lake
04-16-2006, 09:24 PM
I know. I just wish that more people could figure out that a general election is nothing more than a primary election under another name. It would be like saying that one Olsen Twin is prettier than the other one when it comes to the two major parties.

Chiefs Express
04-16-2006, 09:55 PM
That was my point.

Neither of the two candidates from the democratic party in the elections in 2000 and 2004 had any semblence of leadership to them. Each of them would be lost when it came to an attack such as 9/11. Gore would have followed suit with the actions Clinton took - none and Kerry didn't have a clue period.

Chiefs Express
04-16-2006, 09:57 PM
They still could not do any worse. Anyone would be able to do as bad a job as the one that is being done right now.

How can you say that without falling off your perch? As stated before Gore and Kerry had no leadership skills that could be discerned from any of their public apprearances. Kerry wasn't even considered a good leader when he was being the war hero in vietnam.

listopencil
04-17-2006, 05:50 PM
The sad thing is that Badnarik lost so many votes to both parties because they both scared so many people to vote for or against them. I also know many fellow Libertarians who felt that Badnarik was too extreme or borderline at best.

I voted Libertarian. Badnarik isn't my ideal POTUS by any means, but that party is most closely aligned with my beliefs. I'm ashamed to say that I voted for Bush the first time. I settled for the lesser of two evils. Screw that! I'll never do that again.

Reaper16
04-17-2006, 06:06 PM
Kerry, very simply because the Bush presidency makes me ill, and voting anything other than Democrat was the best way to keep W in office short of voting for W outright.

Mr. Laz
04-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Kerry ........... because he had the best chance of defeating Bush

firm membership in the ABB club (Anyone But Bush)

dude is a complete disaster ......

No way should Karl Rove ever be that close to that much power. He's pretty close to Evil as far as i can tell.

Dick Chaney is a hardcore bastard ... with Karl Rove influencing him he's a complete ****er.

bad,bad,bad........

not to mention the fact that having 1 side of the political spectrum in charge of the whole government.

complete cluster ****

Chiefs Express
04-17-2006, 08:00 PM
Kerry ........... because he had the beast chance of defeating Bush

firm membership in the ABB club (Anyone But Bush)

dude is a complete disaster ......

No way should Karl Rove ever be that close to that much power. He's pretty close to Evil as far as i can tell.

Dick Chaney is a hardcore bastard ... with Karl Rove influencing him he's a complete ****er.

bad,bad,bad........

not to mention the fact that having 1 side of the political spectrum in charge of the whole government.

complete cluster ****

I guess that it wouldn't bother you if the democrats had full charge again would it?

Your opinion of Kerry is really a shining example of why he didn't get elected. You think not of what it takes to make a good president, but what it takes to try to displace one from the opposite party.

Bush will not go down in history as the best president we've ever had, but he will be far from the worst. Jimmy Carter comes to mind. Jimmy had a good heart and wanted to do the right things but couldn't lead a worm to dirt!

Bush has proven that he is a leader, Kerry has never proven himself anything more than a malcontent. You really need to consider that the democratic party has no platform, not now and surely not in 2000 and 2004. If they don't find something soon 2008 will be beyond their grasp as well.

Logical
04-17-2006, 08:05 PM

Bush has proven that he is a leader, Kerry has never proven himself anything more than a malcontent. You really need to consider that the democratic party has no platform, not now and surely not in 2000 and 2004. If they don't find something soon 2008 will be beyond their grasp as well.ROFLROFLROFL

Bush has proven only that a puppet in office is a disaster. We have leaders in the administration their names are Cheney, Rove and Rumsfeld and together they form the trifecta of Evil combined with incompetence. George is merely the sock puppet that mouths the words they give him.

banyon
04-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Bush has proven that he is a leader, Kerry has never proven himself anything more than a malcontent. You really need to consider that the democratic party has no platform, not now and surely not in 2000 and 2004. If they don't find something soon 2008 will be beyond their grasp as well

Hey. Only 1 week left of my "Chiefs Express" vacation, and I can read insightful posts like this all the time. :shake:

P.S. can we get a smilie for him? That would save me a lot of typing. :)

Chiefs Express
04-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Bush has proven only that a puppet in office is a disaster. We have leaders in the administration their names are Cheney, Rove and Rumsfeld and together they form the trifecta of Evil combined with incompetence. George is merely the sock puppet that mouths the words they give him.

Your comments are ludicrious, but that is how your kind work in today's society. Attack what is there rather than try to find a better way. Just saying anything not Bush is not going to get your party in office.

Chiefs Express
04-17-2006, 08:22 PM
Hey. Only 1 week left of my "Chiefs Express" vacation, and I can read insightful posts like this all the time.

P.S. can we get a smilie for him? That would save me a lot of typing.
Why don't you take a permanent leave? Your inability to follow the threads is becoming boring.:shake:

BTW, you did not take the full week. You responded to my posts when others quoted me. You have no self control.

listopencil
04-18-2006, 01:39 AM
P.S. can we get a smilie for him?

Tom Cash.

Nightwish
04-18-2006, 04:39 AM
I voted third party. Bush lost me at Iraq and that is just the start. Kerry could not convince me to cast my vote for him.Ditto on all counts. I voted for Bush in 2000, mainly because I wasn't a fan of Gore, and I hated his wife Tipper. I supported the invasion of Afghanistan. But like you, he lost me with both Iraq and his out-of-control spending policy. In '04, you couldn't have paid me to vote for Bush again, but I didn't think that Kerry had the necessary charisma to gather the country behind him, so, like Taco, I voted for Badnarik. I knew he didn't have a prayer of winning, but at least I voted in good conscience, and didn't reduce myself to voting for the lesser of two evils the way most Americans have in the past few elections.

Chiefs Express
04-18-2006, 05:16 AM
Ditto on all counts. I voted for Bush in 2000, mainly because I wasn't a fan of Gore, and I hated his wife Tipper. I supported the invasion of Afghanistan. But like you, he lost me with both Iraq and his out-of-control spending policy. In '04, you couldn't have paid me to vote for Bush again, but I didn't think that Kerry had the necessary charisma to gather the country behind him, so, like Taco, I voted for Badnarik. I knew he didn't have a prayer of winning, but at least I voted in good conscience, and didn't reduce myself to voting for the lesser of two evils the way most Americans have in the past few elections.

Your comment was somewhat correct. You voted for the lesser of three evils and maybe not even the lesser of the three!