PDA

View Full Version : Happy Easter!

CHIEF4EVER
04-16-2006, 07:39 AM
No matter what your belief system or political viewpoint is, I want to take a moment to say Happy Easter to you all. Today is the day my Savior rose and conquered sin, death and Satan and gave the gift that cannot be taken away, free of charge and without qualification to all who elect to receive it. I earnestly hope that those who have not received Christ do so today.

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!

Robert

HolyHandgernade
04-16-2006, 09:42 AM
Happy Easter to you.

-HH

Adept Havelock
04-16-2006, 10:15 AM
Happy Easter to you, Robert. I hope it's a nice holiday for you and yours, and the others of faith, here.

As a small (and sincere) gift to believers, I'd like to pass on an old seminary joke I received last night from a friend who's a Catholic Priest:

One seminary student says to the other, "Did you hear? Father Cavanaugh is in big trouble with the Bishop!"

"Really, why?"

"Well, apparently he used leavened bread at the Easter Mass."

"What's wrong with that?"

"Well, you know how Father Cavanaugh has an odd sense of humor?"

"Yes, but what's that have to do with using Yeast bread for the Eucharist?"

"Well, it wasn't really the bread that made the Bishop upset. It's what happened after Father Cavanaugh reached the point in the liturgy when the Priest says "This is the Lamb of God Who takes away the sin of the world. Happy are those who are called to His supper."

"What did Father Cavanaugh do then"?

"He held up the leavened host, and said "Behold, He is Risen".

Happy Easter!

CHIEF4EVER
04-16-2006, 11:31 AM
Happy Easter to you, Robert. I hope it's a nice holiday for you and yours, and the others of faith, here.

As a small (and sincere) gift to believers, I'd like to pass on an old seminary joke I received last night from a friend who's a Catholic Priest:

One seminary student says to the other, "Did you hear? Father Cavanaugh is in big trouble with the Bishop!"

"Really, why?"

"Well, apparently he used leavened bread at the Easter Mass."

"What's wrong with that?"

"Well, you know how Father Cavanaugh has an odd sense of humor?"

"Yes, but what's that have to do with using Yeast bread for the Eucharist?"

"Well, it wasn't really the bread that made the Bishop upset. It's what happened after Father Cavanaugh reached the point in the liturgy when the Priest says "This is the Lamb of God Who takes away the sin of the world. Happy are those who are called to His supper."

"What did Father Cavanaugh do then"?

"He held up the leavened host, and said "Behold, He is Risen".

Happy Easter!

Thanks bro. Just to prove I indeed have a sense of humor..........

The Pope died. As he was being shown to his eternal house by St Peter, he noticed there were 2 houses in close proximity to each other. One was a mansion and the other was a tiny shack. Of course, he started heading for the mansion but turned to see St Peter walking toward the shack. He said "St Peter, where are you going?". St Peter replied "Showing you to your eternal home". The Pope, thoroughly confused, said "Well if I get that tiny shack, who gets the mansion?". St Peter said "A used car salesman." The Pope, indignant said "A USED CAR SALESMAN? I AM THE POPE!" St Peter said "What you don't understand is this: Up here people like you are a dime a dozen. That is the first used car salesman we've ever had".

Happy Easter.

Adept Havelock
04-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Thanks bro. Just to prove I indeed have a sense of humor..........

The Pope died. As he was being shown to his eternal house by St Peter, he noticed there were 2 houses in close proximity to each other. One was a mansion and the other was a tiny shack. Of course, he started heading for the mansion but turned to see St Peter walking toward the shack. He said "St Peter, where are you going?". St Peter replied "Showing you to your eternal home". The Pope, thoroughly confused, said "Well if I get that tiny shack, who gets the mansion?". St Peter said "A used car salesman." The Pope, indignant said "A USED CAR SALESMAN? I AM THE POPE!" St Peter said "What you don't understand is this: Up here people like you are a dime a dozen. That is the first used car salesman we've ever had".

Happy Easter.

Good one.ROFL I guess they'd do something similar for a lawyer...if they ever got one. :D

One more for you bro, before I call it a night.

A Catholic priest, a Protestant minister, and a Mormon bishop were discussing when life begins.

"Life begins," said the priest, "at the moment of fertilization. That is when God instills the spark of life into the fetus."

"We believe," said the minister, "that life begins at birth, because that is when the baby becomes an individual and is capable of making its own decisions and must learn about sin."

"You've both got it wrong," said the bishop. "Life begins when the children have graduated from college and moved out of the house."

Dave Lane
04-16-2006, 09:08 PM
A jewish family doesn't believe a fetus is viable until it graduates from law school

Dave

Ugly Duck
04-16-2006, 09:10 PM
Happy Easter to all - even to Chiefs fanz. Easter is the big day of the year for Greek families. My dad usta roast a whole lamb on a spit in the back yard, folks'd be playing bazookis & such. Me... I just roast a leg-o-lamb in a clay pot like the ancient islanders did. Hopa! Yasou!