PDA

View Full Version : Can the 2006 Royals break the single season loss record?

alnorth
04-16-2006, 05:03 PM
One memorable summer in 1962, the New York Mets lost 120 games. A mind-boggling number that staggers the imagination even today. The tigers made a run at the record a couple years ago, but fell just short of baseball's greatest mark of futility.

This year, we now have a new contender for historic horribility: our very own 2006 Royals. It may be early in the season, but after watching this team this year, I cant help but ask myself: can they do it? Can we lose 121 games in a single season?

This record has withstood many challenges over time and will be one hell of a difficult task, but I think we certainly have the pitching to do it. All that stands in our way is slightly below-average hitting threatening to pull out a few too many games to have a decent chance, but with a couple key injuries and a few career slumps... I think this record can be broken.

Bowser
04-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Oh, absolutely they can.

Our pitching is THAT bad.

RP_McMurphy
04-16-2006, 05:15 PM
With the glASS family in charge of the Royals not only do I think they can loss 120 but they could easily top out at 130. This franchise is at a historically bad point in both talent and frankly leadership. Every time I walk by the Kaufmann's statue at the Sports Complex I apoligize to Ewing for us fans letting the glASS family ruin his beloved Royals. Until the glASS family is run out of Kansas City I see nothing but 100 loss seasons on the horizon. They don't care about the fans or the Royals franchise itself. They would rather make a profit and could care less about the product they put on the field representing the city of Kansas City. They are bottom feeding scum if you ask me and I would love nothing more than to slap both father and son about the face for embarassing the proud Royals franchise like this.

JBucc
04-16-2006, 05:29 PM
Nah we're not historically bad. Just really really bad.

banyon
04-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Our pitching staff is solid. What other team has a #2 starter the caliber of Redman?

And then there's our bullpen...the "strength of our team". Stemle, Gobble, Sisco...the envy of every other team in the A.L.

banyon
04-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Nah we're not historically bad. Just really really bad.

Actually we are historically bad. :(

Only the 1890's Cleveland Spiders and the 1940's Senators, IIRC, have had a 5 year stretch as bad.

KCChiefsFan88
04-16-2006, 07:48 PM
I wonder if Carl is somehow behind Baird keeping his job all these years. After all as long as Baird is in town, Carl won't be the worst GM in the city.

VonneMarie
04-16-2006, 07:49 PM
I voted no way in hell.