PDA

View Full Version : GPS

Talisman
04-16-2006, 06:01 PM
I was looking into buying an aftermarket in-car GPS and was wanting to know if anyone on the board had any recommendations/warnings.

After reading some opinions and reviews online and looking at them in the stores, I'm leaning toward the Magellan RoadMate. The 800 is out now and the 860 is due in May. As the newer models are coming out, the older ones are getting a little cheaper and it looks like the main thing they're adding with the new ones is the ability to have photos and music on it. Well, I have an iPod for that, so those aren't really needed features.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Iowanian
04-17-2006, 04:13 PM
I'm not a guru on the navigation models, but Magellan is a fairly respected GPS company. If you're buying an older unit, make sure its WAAS enabled(data correction) and has the ability to update the maps

As for help, I recommend some scotch tape to hold those ears back, and that you get your scrote back from your boss and wife and post more often.

Talisman
04-17-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm not a guru on the navigation models, but Magellan is a fairly respected GPS company. If you're buying an older unit, make sure its WAAS enabled(data correction) and has the ability to update the maps

As for help, I recommend some scotch tape to hold those ears back, and that you get your scrote back from your boss and wife and post more often.
I'm attempting to piggyback on Jesus and use this Easter weekend as a Talisman resurrection. We'll see how it goes.