PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Republican guilty: Fraud, Racketeering, Lying, etc.

Ugly Duck
04-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Should we build a new prison for all these criminal Republicans, or should they just go into the general population with the rest of the convicts?

The 72-year-old Republican faces up to 20 years in prison for racketeering conspiracy, the most serious charge against him in the 22-count indictment.

The jury found Ryan guilty on all charges, including fraud, obstructing the Internal Revenue Service and lying to the FBI.

Co-defendant Larry Warner, a Chicago businessman and Ryan friend, was also convicted of racketeering conspiracy, as well as mail fraud, attempted extortion, illegally structuring bank withdrawals and money laundering.

http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?cat=GENERAL&fn=/2006/04/17/369504.html

Dave Lane
04-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Say it ain't so!

Dave

Baby Lee
04-17-2006, 02:28 PM
Yeah, and Democrats are a-holes because Speaker Griffin went to prison for corruption.

Yeah, everything in this nation, in this world, is defined by which team you're on.

Ironic thing is, strip Ryan of his official political affiliation, and leave out the stuff about the conspiracy, and he'd probably appear to be a guy you'd support more than I.

Cochise
04-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Yes, Republicans are all corrupt, and our guys are all angels. The mating call of the truly brainwashed.

PunkinDrublic
04-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Yes, Republicans are all corrupt, and our guys are all angels. The mating call of the truly brainwashed.

More predictable quips to follow from the moral values crowd.

go bowe
04-17-2006, 03:30 PM
but to be fair, the news recently has been pretty bad for a number of republicans...

and while there are no doubt many corrupt politicians on the other side of the aisle, it's the republicans that seem to be making news these days...

Radar Chief
04-17-2006, 03:39 PM

Right. Cause, like, everyone can see that the “quips” on this topic started with Cochise. :rolleyes:

Should we build a new prison for all these criminal Republicans, or should they just go into the general population with the rest of the convicts?

Say it ain't so!

Dave

Baby Lee
04-17-2006, 03:55 PM
What precisely do you even know about Ryan, aside from his political affiliation, his criminal conviction, and his universal suspension of the death penalty?
I'll give you a hint, he was elected as a Republican, in Illinois.
You think you've spied another Santorum or Pat Robertson. You could be wrong.

Now Yea-ahh!! Gittyup!! Go!! To the Google-cave!!!!

trndobrd
04-17-2006, 04:07 PM
Google this Batman:

Political Corruption Illinois

PunkinDrublic
04-17-2006, 04:33 PM
Right. Cause, like, everyone can see that the “quips” on this topic started with Cochise.

Before I even clicked on this thread I knew the responses from the apologists would be something to the effect of "Dems are just as capable of corruption as Repubs". It really is the end all be all of their kneejerk responses.

PunkinDrublic
04-17-2006, 04:35 PM
What precisely do you even know about Ryan, aside from his political affiliation, his criminal conviction, and his universal suspension of the death penalty?
I'll give you a hint, he was elected as a Republican, in Illinois.
You think you've spied another Santorum or Pat Robertson. You could be wrong.

Now Yea-ahh!! Gittyup!! Go!! To the Google-cave!!!!

When did I mention Santorum or Pat Robertson? Assumptions are the brother of all **** ups.

Cochise
04-17-2006, 04:45 PM
Right. Cause, like, everyone can see that the “quips” on this topic started with Cochise.

Before I even clicked on this thread I knew the responses from the apologists would be something to the effect of "Dems are just as capable of corruption as Repubs". It really is the end all be all of their kneejerk responses.

The only thing more kneejerk than the thread starter is your response to people pointing out the ridiculousness of it.

PunkinDrublic
04-17-2006, 04:50 PM
The only thing more kneejerk than the thread starter is your response to people pointing out the ridiculousness of it.

What's ridiculous about the thread smartguy?

Baby Lee
04-17-2006, 04:50 PM
When did I mention Santorum or Pat Robertson? Assumptions are the brother of all **** ups.
Yeah, 'moral values crowd' carries no connotations whatsoever.

PunkinDrublic
04-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Yeah, 'moral values crowd' carries no connotations whatsoever.

Oh so republicans don't ever trumpet themselves as the party of moral values?

go bowe
04-17-2006, 04:55 PM
yeah, what's a morals values crowd anyway?

and where do i apply for the immorals values crowd?

Cochise
04-17-2006, 04:56 PM
What's ridiculous about the thread smartguy?

ROFL Go ahead and act like the way it started was totally impartial and not trumping up the angle that all the people on the other side are criminals.

I guess the irony of a kneejerk reaction to a perceived kneejerk reaction was lost on you.

Baby Lee
04-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Oh so republicans don't ever trumpet themselves as the party of moral values?
Individuals, such as Santorum, do. Doesn't make it a universal trait.
Are all Democrats universally committed to higher taxes and increased entitlements?
I realize the world gets easier to digest, when all of public life is boiled down to tax and spending Sodomites versus Bible-tumping warmongers.
Doesn't make it an accurate picture of the world.

PunkinDrublic
04-17-2006, 05:12 PM
ROFL Go ahead and act like the way it started was totally impartial and not trumping up the angle that all the people on the other side are criminals.

I guess the irony of a kneejerk reaction to a perceived kneejerk reaction was lost on you.

Nobody's posts on any message board are impartial lol. ROFL He never said that all republicans are criminals. It's more of an angle of as republicans have a virtual monopoly on governmental power more of them seem to be getting in trouble. Nobody is naive enough to believe that one side is more succeptable to corruption than the other.
If you want to cling to that tired argument that those criticizing republicans that are in trouble with the law believe that Dems are perfect then go ahead.

John_Locke
04-17-2006, 05:34 PM
LETS just round up all the pubs and let em live in UTAH and Kansas and leave the rest of us alone

John_Locke
04-17-2006, 05:36 PM

countdown to "Clinton was yadayadayada"

Baby Lee
04-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Nobody's posts on any message board are impartial lol. ROFL He never said that all republicans are criminals. It's more of an angle of as republicans have a virtual monopoly on governmental power more of them seem to be getting in trouble. Nobody is naive enough to believe that one side is more succeptable to corruption than the other.
If you want to cling to that tired argument that those criticizing republicans that are in trouble with the law believe that Dems are perfect then go ahead.
LETS just round up all the pubs and let em live in UTAH and Kansas and leave the rest of us alone
This is hard work.

banyon
04-17-2006, 07:33 PM
I'd prefer just Utah, thanks.

Ugly Duck
04-18-2006, 01:41 AM
yeah, what's a morals values crowd anyway?
I think the RNC Moral Values are supposed to be expressed after the Republicans are locked up in prison. The RNC doesn't actually specify that Republicans have to adhere to moral values before they get locked in the slammer. Notice that the Duke-ster got all apologetic & full of the RNC Moral Values after his conviction. There is such a huge list of Republicans pleading guilty, awaiting trial, being indicted, copping pleas, etc.... we should be able to test the theory by watching for Republicans to suddenly get fulla moral values on their way to the various lockdowns & prisons.