PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how the neuter a Sony DVD Burner's security features?

PastorMikH
04-17-2006, 01:24 PM
I'm having a bit of trouble with my dual layer Sony DVD burner. Burns regular CDs just fine, but regardless of the decrypter I use, it won't allow me to make backups of my personal DVD collection. I have installed the drive on 2 different computers and it acts the same on both.

Anyone know of a software patch or know of another way around this?

Baby Lee
04-17-2006, 01:32 PM
Have you tried AnyDVD?

www.slysoft.com

Works at the hardware and kernel level to remove protection before it even enters the PC bus.

Works flawlessly with my LiteOn, never tried it with a Sony.

Fish
04-17-2006, 02:17 PM
What exactly do you mean that it "won't allow you to make backups"? Are you getting an error before the burn? Error during burn?

And what type of burning software are you using?

And have you tried different brands of blank DVDs?

PastorMikH
04-17-2006, 03:41 PM
What exactly do you mean that it "won't allow you to make backups"? Are you getting an error before the burn? Error during burn?

And what type of burning software are you using?

And have you tried different brands of blank DVDs?

When I have it hooked into the computer and put a DVD in either it or the other DVD drive then try to open DVD Shrink or DVD43, it shuts down the program and puts up a dialogue box with something along the lines of illegal opperation.

I have a single layer Toshiba drive that I have no problems with on either computer - as long as the Sony isn't installed.

deadbabyseal
04-17-2006, 04:06 PM
Try ripping with dvdfab decrypter and then burning the files. There's some new aarcos protections in recent dvd's that dvdshrink can't get around.

http://209.172.35.173/download/DVDFabDecrypter29.exe

ChiefsFanatic
04-17-2006, 04:51 PM
I'm having a bit of trouble with my dual layer Sony DVD burner. Burns regular CDs just fine, but regardless of the decrypter I use, it won't allow me to make backups of my personal DVD collection. I have installed the drive on 2 different computers and it acts the same on both.

Anyone know of a software patch or know of another way around this?

Try removing any software that you may have installed that came with the drive.