PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Beat Reporter: "Beware of K.C." (article)

arrowheadnation
04-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Figured I'd post something Chiefs related, since there is a huge lack of it here lately. I wonder if this guy is serious or buttering us up for the big fall. Sorry if this is a repost.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Denver's chief foe appears to be K.C.
By Bill Williamson
Denver Post NFL, Broncos Beat Reporter

Sure, it's five months from the start of the season, but one thing is becoming evident for the Broncos: Beware of Kansas City.

The Broncos' primary obstacle in defending their first AFC West Division championship in seven years is Kansas City. Many league observers expect the Chiefs to make a run at the West and the Super Bowl.

Under new coach Herman Edwards, the Chiefs have worked to improve their defense to complement an offense that was the most dangerous in the NFL by the end of the 2005 season.

The San Diego Chargers and the Oakland Raiders have not helped themselves thus far. Both teams might have taken a step back since the end of the season.

San Diego raised eyebrows by letting quarterback Drew Brees walk, thus putting its future in the hands of an inexperienced Philip Rivers. San Diego's overall roster is as impressive and talented as any in the NFL, but it comes down to the quarterback. Rivers essentially will be a rookie, and barring a Ben Roethlisberger-like anomaly, the Chargers will be facing some growing pains.

Oakland, coming off 13 wins combined the past three seasons, arguably has gotten weaker this offseason. The Raiders should be able to find an instant contributor with the No. 7 pick in the draft, but they are not a threat to win the West.

Brock
04-17-2006, 02:23 PM
I don't think the "addition" of Herman Edwards makes much difference at all.

Fish
04-17-2006, 02:24 PM
How about this? Don't put so much concern into what the idiot media is rolling out. It's offseason, and they don't have anything to write about either....

ZootedGranny
04-17-2006, 02:24 PM
Under new coach Herman Edwards, the Chiefs have worked to improve their defense to complement an offense that was the most dangerous in the NFL by the end of the 2005 season.

O RLY?

Spicy McHaggis
04-17-2006, 02:25 PM
No mention of Lenny Walls, he will not stand for this snub!!!

Dartgod
04-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Don't worry. Garcia Bronco wrote this.

Rain Man
04-17-2006, 02:34 PM
Apparently he feels that replacing Warfield with Walls is enough to warrant his statements.

KCChiefsFan88
04-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Adding Ron Edwards and Lenny Walls is this guy's idea of "working to improve the defense"??

rad
04-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Adding Ron Edwards and Lenny Walls is this guy's idea of "working to improve the defense"??

It's only because the Raiders and Chargers don't figure to contend as well as the Chiefs and Donks. Its like someone like me or you going to the Special Olympics and Kicking a$$

RedNFeisty
04-17-2006, 02:46 PM
See, there is a good reason Chief news is not overflowing the first page. There is not any!!

VonneMarie
04-17-2006, 02:48 PM
It's only because the Raiders and Chargers don't figure to contend as well as the Chiefs and Donks. Its like someone like me or you going to the Special Olympics and Kicking a$$
ROFL

ROYC75
04-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Donks
Chiefs
Chargers
Raiders

He picked KC to challenge Denver ? Gosh, is his name Einstein.

Count Zarth
04-17-2006, 03:02 PM
No one in the AFC West has done much. The Raiders and Chargers took steps backwards. That leaves KC and Denver.

StcChief
04-17-2006, 03:43 PM
I'm not sure 'Beat' reporter isn't missing a word 'off'

this is a why bother writing anything article.

Damn it is slow.

Ralphy Boy
04-17-2006, 04:05 PM
San Diego raised eyebrows by letting quarterback Drew Brees walk, thus putting its future in the hands of an inexperienced Philip Rivers. San Diego's overall roster is as impressive and talented as any in the NFL, but it comes down to the quarterback. Rivers essentially will be a rookie, and barring a Ben Roethlisberger-like anomaly, the Chargers will be facing some growing pains.

You know, I get this sneaky feeling that Rivers will be the second coming of Favre. Except for the fact that he has a much better supporting cast than Favre did when he got to Green Bay.

Laugh at me now all you want, but rest assured that if I'm right I'll be digging up this thread to proclaim my psychic abilities.

bkkcoh
04-17-2006, 04:17 PM
You know, I get this sneaky feeling that Rivers will be the second coming of Favre. Except for the fact that he has a much better supporting cast than Favre did when he got to Green Bay.

Laugh at me now all you want, but rest assured that if I'm right I'll be digging up this thread to proclaim my psychic abilities.

That is good for us, Favre was like that with the team he was drafted by..... :toast:

HerculesRockefell
04-17-2006, 04:54 PM
Now you know the kind of crap Broncos fans have to read on a daily basis from the main beat writer from Denver's biggest paper. The guy is a total retard.

KcMizzou
04-17-2006, 04:55 PM
See, there is a good reason Chief news is not overflowing the first page. There is not any!!Exactly.

Logical
04-17-2006, 06:19 PM

I think this writer is smoking the peyote, what have we done to improve the defense?

CoMoChief
04-17-2006, 06:31 PM
I don't think the "addition" of Herman Edwards makes much difference at all.

The only thing it might do is help the defense because we will run the ball more and help control the clock, making our defense more fresh. At least we will be able to know what the younger players can do. I hope to see Hodge, Thorpe, and Fox out there more. I know Fox got hurt but I would like to see what he can do. Honestly though I dont think our defense will be better, I think it will be worse actually. The consequence of having more youth on the field are more dumbass mistakes.

KCChiefsFan88
04-17-2006, 06:31 PM

I guess there is something to be said for having the least worst offseason in the division.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-17-2006, 08:20 PM
I think this writer is smoking the peyote, what have we done to improve the defense?

I agree.

Wallcrawler
04-17-2006, 10:15 PM
The Chiefs have taken a step backward since last season as well.

Losing Tony Richardson, and Eric Warfield, while making no notable additions to the team, while the rest of the team that remains is another year older.

With the Chiefs history in the draft under CP, barring the incredible fortune of landing Derrick Johnson last year, this doesnt look like its going to be much of an offseason to remember.

Mecca
04-17-2006, 10:17 PM
I think it was time for most of the players we lost to go.......Richardson is the only one I personally would have wanted to come back.

The defense is bad let's get younger better players instead of holding onto the Warfields of the world.

CoMoChief
04-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Now you know the kind of crap Broncos fans have to read on a daily basis from the main beat writer from Denver's biggest paper. The guy is a total retard.

We have to read and listen to Liz Merrill. :banghead:

milkman
04-17-2006, 10:52 PM

I'm thinking his success will be more like that Irish QB drafted by the Seahawks a few years back.

chefsos
04-17-2006, 10:56 PM
I'm thinking his success will be more like that Irish QB drafted by the Seahawks a few years back.
Danny boy McGwire?

Mecca
04-17-2006, 11:11 PM
I think he means Rick Mirer.......Irish as in his college.

Wa-Z
04-17-2006, 11:28 PM
I remember Dick talking about some young talent on the team that will surprise people or something like that...they know something we don't, I think we'll be fine.

chefsos
04-18-2006, 12:04 AM
I think he means Rick Mirer.......Irish as in his college.
Here I am thinking I've got a sure double down the line after I came up with a Seahawks Mick QB, and you...you picked it and threw me out.

J Diddy
04-18-2006, 12:05 AM

We got rid of Warfield and McCleon, even if nobody starts that should be good for another 3 picks and 10 passes defensed in the course of a season.