PDA

View Full Version : wtf Stars? :shake:

QuikSsurfer
04-17-2006, 07:30 PM
2-0 lead with 7mins in the game... now we're down one with under a minute to go... shit****
well it's been a good season PBJ playoffs here we come
http://www.dallasstars.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/MLDLIKCJMNBC/gallerycelebrate0412.jpg

mitchbade
04-17-2006, 07:31 PM
yeah yeah no one cares about hockey

seclark
04-17-2006, 07:34 PM
yeah yeah no one cares about hockey
'specially us blews fans.
sec

chiefs4me
04-17-2006, 07:37 PM
gd you quick...don't go advertising my teams loss on this board, what the hell is wrong with you??????:rolleyes:

Bearcat
04-17-2006, 08:04 PM
Turco was in horrible position for the 2nd goal and all but gave up on the game winner. It was pretty pathetic, but I guess it's good to fall asleep now and not when it matters.

QuikSsurfer
04-17-2006, 08:08 PM
gd you quick...don't go advertising my teams loss on this board, what the hell is wrong with you??????:rolleyes:
you better watch ur tongue, woman! i've been a fan of the super stars for longer than you've been able to operate that keyboard. i rule

chiefs4me
04-17-2006, 08:10 PM
Turco was in horrible position for the 2nd goal and all but gave up on the game winner. It was pretty pathetic, but I guess it's good to fall asleep now and not when it matters.

they all 3 sucked, and the 3rd one I think he helped it go in...:shake: Mikey needs to talk to his team and call out certain non perfoming team mates, every line they have falls apart in the 3rd...too many shootout wins..:(

chiefs4me
04-17-2006, 08:12 PM
you better watch ur tongue, woman! i've been a fan of the super stars for longer than you've been able to operate that keyboard. i rule

Listen up quick.....I am old enough to be your momma, so watch your mouth..:harumph: Do not give these boys anymore ammo against you by starting hockey threads..

Donger
04-17-2006, 08:15 PM
Ice hockey is the domain of white trash and women that hate their Daddies.

chiefs4me
04-17-2006, 08:18 PM

ROFL I love it, even though you get on my nerves, you do make me laugh..

Donger
04-17-2006, 08:19 PM
ROFL I love it, even though you get on my nerves, you do make me laugh..

That's because you're white trash and you hate your Daddy.

chiefs4me
04-17-2006, 08:21 PM
That's because you're white trash and you hate your Daddy.

ROFL oh even better

Donger
04-17-2006, 08:23 PM
ROFL oh even better

It's good you're finally submitting. They all do, in the end.

chiefs4me
04-17-2006, 08:26 PM
It's good you're finally submitting. They all do, in the end.

ROFL and it just keeps getting better...ROFL

Donger
04-17-2006, 08:27 PM
ROFL and it just keeps getting better...ROFL

Yes, that too.

morphius
04-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Yeah, cause I'm obviously white trash, and that KCWolfman guy, obviously white trash as well.

chiefs4me
04-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Yes, that too.

ROFL I'm speechless, how about that???ROFL

QuikSsurfer
Listen up quick.....I am old enough to be your momma, so watch your mouth..:harumph: Do not give these boys anymore ammo against you by starting hockey threads..
listen
"if you don't shut your ****ing mouth, i will kill you"

QuikSsurfer

:drool:
that's just something retards say.

chiefs4me
04-17-2006, 08:32 PM
Yeah, cause I'm obviously white trash, and that KCWolfman guy, obviously white trash as well.

hey Birthday Boy..got any pictures.....:D

Donger
04-17-2006, 08:32 PM

Obviously. Or not.

chiefs4me
04-17-2006, 08:33 PM
listen
"if you don't shut your ****ing mouth, i will kill you"

nah, I don't think so..:D

Donger
ROFL I'm speechless, how about that???ROFL

I'm actually curious who gave you your new strategy. I'd guess either Skip or Bob Dole.

morphius
hey Birthday Boy..got any pictures.....:D
LOL! Survived my entire birthday without a single picture. Worked very nicely :D

chiefs4me
04-17-2006, 08:35 PM
LOL! Survived my entire birthday without a single picture. Worked very nicely :D

:( ;)

chiefs4me
04-17-2006, 08:36 PM
I'm actually curious who gave you your new strategy. I'd guess either Skip or Bob Dole.

there is no new strategy, some days I can tolerate you, some days I can't..:D

Donger
04-17-2006, 08:38 PM
there is no new strategy, some days I can tolerate you, some days I can't..:D

Curious. I wonder what the difference between the days is.

chiefs4me
04-17-2006, 08:40 PM
Curious. I wonder what the difference between the days is.

gee, I don't know, maybe it depends on how mean you are being that day...ROFL or it could be, how bored I am....:D

morphius
04-17-2006, 08:42 PM
I just have to hope that my Av's goalies can hold up in the playoff's. Lord knows the boys can score.

Donger
04-17-2006, 08:45 PM
gee, I don't know, maybe it depends on how mean you are being that day...ROFL or it could be, how bored I am....:D

I'm a very consistent person. My mood changes very little regardless of outside influences. I don't doubt that your mood swings are significant and probably completely unexplainable.

chiefs4me
04-17-2006, 08:45 PM
I just have to hope that my Av's goalies can hold up in the playoff's. Lord knows the boys can score.

you all just scored against the oilers, it's 1-1 in the second, we won't know who we are playing until this game is over..:(

chiefs4me
04-17-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm a very consistent person. My mood changes very little regardless of outside influences. I don't doubt that your mood swings are significant and probably completely unexplainable.

ROFL Yea, I'm sure that's it..

morphius
04-17-2006, 08:47 PM
So you are saying, that she might possibly be a female? Surly you jest.

Donger
04-17-2006, 08:48 PM
ROFL Yea, I'm sure that's it..

Are you saying your husband and children would disagree with that assessment?

chiefs4me
04-17-2006, 08:49 PM
Are you saying your husband and children would disagree with that assessment?

now does it really matter what they say, you would just disagree...:shrug:

Donger
04-17-2006, 08:49 PM
So you are saying, that she might possibly be a female? Surly you jest.

It's without a doubt female. It's the fact that it has bred multiple male offspring that I find amusing.

chiefs4me
04-17-2006, 08:51 PM
It's without a doubt female. It's the fact that it has bred multiple male offspring that I find amusing.

multiple?? Please, 3 is not multiple..:D

Donger
04-17-2006, 08:52 PM
multiple?? Please, 3 is not multiple..:D

We all know you have issues with numbers. That's okay. Let's just hope you are f*cking your kids.

morphius
04-17-2006, 08:53 PM
you all just scored against the oilers, it's 1-1 in the second, we won't know who we are playing until this game is over..:(
Looks like 2-2 now.

chiefs4me
04-17-2006, 08:54 PM
We all know you have issues with numbers. That's okay. Let's just hope you are f*cking your kids.

ROFL you are disgusting..I wonder, do you ever read what you write??ROFL

chiefs4me
04-17-2006, 08:57 PM
Looks like 2-2 now.

playing to win..:D if I had my choice i would take the avs over the oilers, do not like those oilers..:shake:

Donger
04-17-2006, 08:59 PM
ROFL you are disgusting..I wonder, do you ever read what you write??ROFL

Of course I do. That's one way to keep the gene pool clean.

morphius
04-17-2006, 08:59 PM
playing to win..:D if I had my choice i would take the avs over the oilers, do not like those oilers..:shake:
Well, I believe we are supposed to get a couple players back in time for the first round, so that should get the Av's back on track again.

chiefs4me
04-17-2006, 09:02 PM
Well, I believe we are supposed to get a couple players back in time for the first round, so that should get the Av's back on track again.

Well isin't that just peachy...

:banghead:

QuikSsurfer
04-17-2006, 09:06 PM
ROFL

QuikSsurfer
04-17-2006, 09:14 PM
oilers :)

morphius
04-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Well, Av's fall apart late. Get to face the Stars in the first round.

Bearcat
04-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Can I start blaming Theodore now?

I know a lot of people creamed their jeans when Aebischer left, because they thought he sucked, even though he actually is a very good goalie (just not Patrick Roy in his prime :rolleyes: ), but I'm still a little ticked about it....

morphius
04-17-2006, 09:42 PM
Can I start blaming Theodore now?

I know a lot of people creamed their jeans when Aebischer left, because they thought he sucked, even though he actually is a very good goalie (just not Patrick Roy in his prime :rolleyes: ), but I'm still a little ticked about it....
He was just starting to get hot when they traded him, oh well. We will just have to wait and see how it plays out now that it matters.

With any luck the guys step it up now that it matters.

Sully
04-18-2006, 06:50 AM
Beautiful game last night... errr, well 7 minutes of it anyway. I'm officially starting my playoff beard.
The Stars look tough, and I expect it to be Wings v Stars in the conference finals. The Avs aren't even good enough for me to get worked up about this season, so I guess when the time comes I will have to direct my hate toward the Stars... and I'm okay with that.

I can't wait. I'm so excited hockey is back this year... and I can't wait for KC to get a team.

Bearcat
04-18-2006, 06:56 AM
Beautiful game last night... errr, well 7 minutes of it anyway. I'm officially starting my playoff beard.
The Stars look tough, and I expect it to be Wings v Stars in the conference finals.

Way to go out on a limb ;) Seriously though, the Red Wings played in the cupcake division, so I don't think they're head and shoulders above everyone else like their record might indicate...

The Avs aren't even good enough for me to get worked up about this season, so I guess when the time comes I will have to direct my hate toward the Stars... and I'm okay with that.

....while the Flames, Avalanche, Oilers, and Canucks all beat up on each other all season. The Avalanche are hard to figure out just because of the question mark at goaltender.... we already know they can score, so all we need is a hot goalie (well, and better defense would help, too, but beggars can't be choosers).

Sully
04-18-2006, 09:25 AM
Way to go out on a limb ;) Seriously though, the Red Wings played in the cupcake division, so I don't think they're head and shoulders above everyone else like their record might indicate...

....while the Flames, Avalanche, Oilers, and Canucks all beat up on each other all season. The Avalanche are hard to figure out just because of the question mark at goaltender.... we already know they can score, so all we need is a hot goalie (well, and better defense would help, too, but beggars can't be choosers).

You got me on the "going out on a limb" thing. I picked the best 2 teams, whoa re also the tops int he division. Oh well.

I'd be concerned about the Wings' "bloated" record if not for the fact that they handled just about everyone, inside their division and out. They have two bona fide young stars in addition to most of the core that won them Cups over the past decade, and some of those older players have had career-like years. I still miss McCarty, but they still have Draper and Maltby to grind int he corners, and Yzerman looks to be (mostly) healthy, or at least more healthy than he's been in years.

chiefs4me
04-18-2006, 06:32 PM
The Stars look tough, and I expect it to be Wings v Stars in the conference finals. The Avs aren't even good enough for me to get worked up about this season, so I guess when the time comes I will have to direct my hate toward the Stars... and I'm okay with that.

I can't wait. I'm so excited hockey is back this year... and I can't wait for KC to get a team.

yep, we just gave it to you, just gave it up.....:shake: and here we are against the jackets down 3-1, and we are supposed to be division champs...:banghead:

chiefs4me
04-18-2006, 06:34 PM
oilers :)

hahahaha, they screwed themselves, now they play the wings..:D

Sully
04-19-2006, 07:07 AM
yep, we just gave it to you, just gave it up.....:shake: and here we are against the jackets down 3-1, and we are supposed to be division champs...:banghead:

You could look at that game that way.
Or you could look at it in a more level-headed way.
The Wings played sloppy for 2 and a half periods, without three of their top players, and decided to turn it on for half a period. For 10 minutes they were almost the team that they are, and that's all they needed against the Stars.

Of course, they completely shut it down last night, as the Stars got a point out of their game. :p

chiefs4me
04-19-2006, 09:46 AM
You could look at that game that way.
Or you could look at it in a more level-headed way.
The Wings played sloppy for 2 and a half periods, without three of their top players, and decided to turn it on for half a period. For 10 minutes they were almost the team that they are, and that's all they needed against the Stars.

Of course, they completely shut it down last night, as the Stars got a point out of their game. :p

you can't be a wing fan, wing fan's are not nice or level-headed......ROFL

come on friday, hurry up and get here........PBJ

Sully
04-19-2006, 10:30 AM
I really am a Wing fan. It's just the way things worked out, I suppose.
At least you have Friday to look forward to. I have to wait till Saturday.

Bearcat
04-19-2006, 01:12 PM
I really am a Wing fan. It's just the way things worked out, I suppose.
At least you have Friday to look forward to. I have to wait till Saturday.

You have it backwards... the Red Wings play Friday night, the Avalanche/Stars Saturday afternoon.

Bearcat
04-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Based on the regional coverage crap, it looks like I'll see most or all of the Avalanche games :thumb:

http://www.nhl.com/schedules/index.html

morphius
04-19-2006, 01:17 PM
You have it backwards... the Red Wings play Friday night, the Avalanche/Stars Saturday afternoon.
Yeah, they made my head hurt with that one, cause I was sure that it was the other way around, but I really didn't want to look.

Sully
04-19-2006, 01:41 PM
Damn. I read it once on the Red Wings forum I go to, and never checked for accuracy.

I have Centre Ice, so I, at least, don't have to worry about coverage.

Guess what I'll be doing Friday night?

Bearcat
04-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Guess what I'll be doing Friday night?
Crying? Just kidding, you can wait until game 7 for that.

(really, just kidding.... I'm sure it's not like the Duck thing a couple of years ago.... really)

:p

Sully
04-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Crying? Just kidding, you can wait until game 7 for that.

(really, just kidding.... I'm sure it's not like the Duck thing a couple of years ago.... really)

:P

Ducks
Kings
Flames...
gotcha... We've had some definite upsets. i think the Kings were the worst.
But it helps when you get to see your guys hoist the cup every couple of years.

Bearcat
04-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Ducks
Kings
Flames...
gotcha... We've had some definite upsets. i think the Kings were the worst.
But it helps when you get to see your guys hoist the cup every couple of years.

I know, I'm just giving you crap..... The upset by the Wild (same year as the Ducks/Wings.... maybe?) over the Avalanche sucked, but I had seen the Wild quite a bit that year and knew they were better than people thought. The upset by the Sharks a couple of years ago sucked because Tony Granato was an awful coach.... we had so much potential, but the players seemed to give up.

I know what you mean though... the Avalanche have provided the only championships of all my teams in almost 20 years, so they're forgiven a lot easier :)

Sully
04-19-2006, 03:35 PM
The Avs are par tof some of my favorite memories with the Wings.
7-0 game 7
McCarty's 3 goals
Lemiuex going turtle against McCarty.

Sully
04-19-2006, 03:42 PM
I'll probably start a playoffs thread on Friday, so we can just discuss it all through the Cup in one thread. I know it will get its share of naysayers, but I think it'd be fun.

Bearcat
04-19-2006, 09:13 PM
The Avs are par tof some of my favorite memories with the Wings.
7-0 game 7
McCarty's 3 goals
Lemiuex going turtle against McCarty.

When they didn't win game 6, everyone knew they were in trouble, but holy crap. Game 5 of that series is one of the more memorable moments.... Forsberg's goal, and ESPN's 10 minute long airing of the sad faces at Joe Louis Arena. Priceless.

I'll probably start a playoffs thread on Friday, so we can just discuss it all through the Cup in one thread. I know it will get its share of naysayers, but I think it'd be fun.

Eh... they usually get 15 of the first 20 posts, and then go away. I haven't seen a few hockey fans around lately.... KCWolfman, DenverChief, etc....

morphius
04-19-2006, 11:48 PM
I'll do it if you don't. Plus then we can keep everything in one place, which is about the most the others here deserve :D