PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draftcountdowns new mock

Mecca
04-17-2006, 10:34 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

1st round-Tye Hill
2nd round-Mathias Kiwanuka
3rd round-John Scott

A few interesting notes, he has a ton of corners going high so the idea alot of you have of taking a DE first cause a corner will fall may not work.

I like this mock other than if Cromartie goes 1 pick before us I'm going to be highly upset........

Spicy McHaggis
04-17-2006, 11:16 PM
I'd take it.

I'd also take Tapp and Trueblood in the 2nd and 3rd who are both still available.

ChiefsCountry
04-17-2006, 11:33 PM
Thats a really good draft. Hill is one of the two corners I would take in the first round (Jimmy Williams)

HolmeZz
04-18-2006, 12:30 AM
I'd give up the ability to make fun of GoatCheese for that draft.

Miles
04-18-2006, 12:52 AM
That would be a hell of a nice first day. I really like Scott in the third.

I get your Cromartie obsession and wouldn't mind us taking him at all. He kind of seems like one of those NBA prospects where a team picks a guy high because of his great potential. Big boom or bust potential but worth the risk. Though I would be very happy and maybe even prefer a guy like Hill.

Mecca
04-18-2006, 12:59 AM
I like Hill also, I'd just rather Cromartie not go 1 pick before or mainly to a team in our division.

Miles
04-18-2006, 01:20 AM
I like Hill also, I'd just rather Cromartie not go 1 pick before or mainly to a team in our division.

Definitly agree there. I would rather someone in our division not pick up someone with his upside.

JBucc
04-18-2006, 06:32 AM
nice draft there

Gaz
04-18-2006, 07:00 AM
When I hit that site, I find the Chiefs taking DE Chris Gocong, not OT John Scott.

However, I really like the first [2] picks.

xoxo~
Gaz
Confused as ever.

Mecca
04-18-2006, 07:05 AM
I just pulled it back up........Chris Gocong 84 to the 49ers, John Scott 85 to the Chiefs, is what I got.

Gaz
04-18-2006, 07:14 AM
Heh. I closed the window, re-accessed the site and this time it was John Scott.

xoxo~
Gaz
Victim of a conspiracy.

htismaqe
04-18-2006, 07:45 AM

If he's gonna go to a division team, it might as well be the Chargers.

San Diego is where CB's with upside go to die.

ct
04-18-2006, 07:47 AM
If he's gonna go to a division team, it might as well be the Chargers.

San Diego is where CB's with upside go to die.

Sadly, you could say the same thing for KC.

I love this Day1 draft for KC. A top CB, explosive pass rusher (albeit a 1-trick pony, but in the 2nd that's a-ok), and a solid OT prospect. Excellent!!

Problem is, all our AFC West rivals make out like banshees in the 1st. Leinert in Oakland, Cromartie in SD, Jackson/Williams in Denver. OUCH!!

planetdoc
04-22-2014, 09:45 AM
updated april 21, 2014 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php)

23 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS: BRANDIN COOKS, WR, OREGON ST.

In less than a year the Chiefs went from the worst team in the league to one of the best. It’s amazing what the addition of a competent head coach and quarterback can do for a franchise. However, after going undefeated through the first couple months of the season the Chiefs tailed off down the stretch leaving no doubt that there are still some issues to iron out. Perhaps the most significant is at wide receiver, where there isn’t much to get excited about beyond Dwayne Bowe. Oregon St. WR Brandin Cooks is coming off an outstanding final college campaign in which he racked up an eye-popping 128 receptions for 1,730 yards and 16 touchdowns for the Beavers. An explosive athlete with elite speed and terrific hands and ball skills who can create after the catch, Cooks would be a perfect compliment to Bowe and give the Chiefs offense a dynamic, big play dimension that they are currently lacking.

Odell Beckham of L.S.U., Marqise Lee of USC and Kelvin Benjamin of Florida St. are possible alternate options or they could even choose to wait a round or two and take advantage of the tremendous depth that this class offers at the position.

A hallmark of Andy Reid’s tenure in Philly was a tendency to address the offensive and defensive lines in the early rounds of the NFL Draft so watch out for UCLA OG Xavier Su’a-Filo or Nevada OG Joel Bitonio as a replacement for Jon Asamoah or Minnesota DE Ra’Shede Hageman or Notre Dame DE Stephon Tuitt to compensate for the loss of Tyson Jackson. If Alabama ILB CJ Mosley were to fall this far that would be an ideal fit and Kansas City could consider Louisville S Calvin Pryor to team up with Eric Berry.