PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to lose..........

chiefqueen
04-18-2006, 12:20 PM
Tonight, thanks to David Stern's brillance, we are left with an ethical dilemma. The LA Clippers play the Grizzles in Memphis tonight. The Grizzles sit at #5 and the Clippers are #6 in the West. They are seperated by one game.

Here's the deal:

Both teams will finish with better records than Denver (who will be seeded third in the West). However, because both teams have better records than Denver the team that has to "settle" for the sixth seed will get home court against Denver while the fifth seed plays Dallas (who is locked as the 4 seed) with Dallas getting home court.

What do you think?

Bearcat
04-18-2006, 12:43 PM
for the sixth seed will get home court...

Are you sure that's how it really works? If it is, it's really dumb, but the NHL & NBA both seed this way, where a division winner gets a top 3 seeds no matter how many wins or points a 4th or 5th seed has... but I've never heard them decide home advantage on anything but seed number. :spock:

Bearcat
04-18-2006, 12:46 PM
I'll be damned... it's on espn.com... that is really dumb.

Cochise
04-18-2006, 12:49 PM
It would be funny to see both teams REALLY try to lose, through the entire game. Refusing to take a shot, just inbounding the ball and standing around until some sort of various X-seconds penalty is called. Players trying to foul out on purpose. It would be the most entertaining NBA game in years!

Phobia
04-18-2006, 12:53 PM
It would be funny to see both teams REALLY try to lose, through the entire game. Refusing to take a shot, just inbounding the ball and standing around until some sort of various X-seconds penalty is called. Players trying to foul out on purpose. It would be the most entertaining NBA game in years!

It would make the NBA watchable.

Garcia Bronco
04-18-2006, 12:53 PM
We finished the 97 season 12-4...the Steelers were 11-5 and won their divison..yet they were seeded higher and had home field over us because we were a wild card team.

chiefqueen
04-18-2006, 12:56 PM
We finished the 97 season 12-4...the Steelers were 11-5 and won their divison..yet they were seeded higher and had home field over us because we were a wild card team.

Yeah, I remember how that stopped that year.[/sarcasm]

Dartgod
04-18-2006, 12:57 PM
We finished the 97 season 12-4...the Steelers were 11-5 and won their divison..yet they were seeded higher and had home field over us because we were a wild card team.Nobody cares. You cheated to get there anyway.

kepp
04-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Rest your starters. Tell the subs to try their best.

Fish
04-18-2006, 02:03 PM
I think the NBA is retahded... this situation proves it without a doubt........

Ultra Peanut
04-18-2006, 03:28 PM
It's utterly moronic.

That being said, I'd rather play Denver and get home court. Go Clippers, tonight. :D

el borracho
04-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Eric Hicks thinks so.

Skip Towne
04-18-2006, 03:54 PM
I haven't watched an NBA game in 30 years. But I would watch if both teams were trying to lose. I would just inbounds the ball and while everyone ran down court, shoot it into the other teams basket. It might end up with you guarding your own basket.

Ultra Peanut
04-18-2006, 03:57 PM
I haven't watched an NBA game in 30 years. But I would watch if both teams were trying to lose. I would just inbounds the ball and while everyone ran down court, shoot it into the other teams basket. It might end up with you guarding your own basket.That would be immensely entertaining.

UteChief
04-18-2006, 06:08 PM
I haven't watched an NBA game in 30 years. But I would watch if both teams were trying to lose. I would just inbounds the ball and while everyone ran down court, shoot it into the other teams basket. It might end up with you guarding your own basket.

Now that's an NBA game I want to see. I wanted to vote for 2 and 3 but went with 3.

KCChiefsMan
04-18-2006, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=Skip Towne]I haven't watched an NBA game in 30 years. QUOTE]

too bad ya missed out on the best player in NBA history along with many other greats in the late 80's/early 90's