PDA

View Full Version : Crap Denver might move up to top 5

ChiefsCountry
04-18-2006, 03:26 PM
per ESPN. Mort was saying that the Donks want to move up to get either Mario Williams, Vernon Davis or shocker Reggie Bush.

:cuss:

kczoo
04-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Yup, their front office has been kickin ass for years! :banghead:

Basileus777
04-18-2006, 03:29 PM
I'd rather they had Vernon Davis than say both Chad Jackson and Deangelo Williams. I don't see the donks to getting Mario Williams or Bush. They would have to give up what 3 first rounders for bush?

jspchief
04-18-2006, 03:35 PM
I'd rather they had Vernon Davis than say both Chad Jackson and Deangelo Williams. I don't see the donks to getting Mario Williams or Bush. They would have to give up what 3 first rounders for bush?Two first rounders for a TE? Plus a top 5 contract?

You'll never convince me that any TE is worth that much.

Of course, you'd have a hard time convincing me that any player in this draft is worth two first round picks.

vailpass
04-18-2006, 03:37 PM
Two first rounders for a TE? Plus a top 5 contract?

You'll never convince me that any TE is worth that much.

Of course, you'd have a hard time convincing me that any player in this draft is worth two first round picks.

Agreed 100%. NFW do you surrender 2 first round picks for one guy, especially a TE.

This won't happen. Shanny will sit tight and draft the Florida WR with his first pick and best player avilable with the second.
At least he better if he doesn't want to piss me off.

The Bad Guy
04-18-2006, 03:39 PM
The Broncos would have to trade at minimum 3 first rounders plus a 2nd and a third thrown in their somewhere to go from 15 to 5.

I hope they do it.

KCChiefsFan88
04-18-2006, 03:41 PM
The only way for Denver to get Reggie Bush would be to get the #1 overall pick and that ain't happening

Ultra Peanut
04-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Of course, you'd have a hard time convincing me that any player in this draft is worth two first round picks.That's actually a good point; it's too deep to warrant something like that.

As long as this takes them out of the running for DeAngelo, though, I hope they knock themselves out.

Warrior5
04-18-2006, 03:42 PM
Although being an avid Don-hater, I must concede that their front office has its collective crap together. They consistently make smart moves.

You'd figure Carl would've taken notes at least once or twice during his tenure. :banghead:

Now that the obligatory kudo is out of the way...

I loathe Denver, and always will.

ct
I agree I don't want to see Denver get ahold of Davis, but to see them spend both 15 and 22 to get him is an overall better thing for us rivals.

I don't see Mario or Bush within reach.

jspchief
The Broncos would have to trade at minimum 3 first rounders plus a 2nd and a third thrown in their somewhere to go from 15 to 5.

I hope they do it.I don't think so. I know there are draft value charts, but they don't take into account value of players in any given draft, or the willingness of teams to move out of certain spots.

I could see two first rounders and a future first day pick getting it done in any given year. Especially the way slotting has begun to ignore positional value.

jspchief
04-18-2006, 03:45 PM
That's actually a good point; it's too deep to warrant something like that.

As long as this takes them out of the running for DeAngelo, though, I hope they knock themselves out.Mario Williams is probably the only player that I would consider it for, just because I think he's that good and the drop-off at DE is that big. Of course, I don't buy into the Bush hype as much as others either.

King_Chief_Fan
04-18-2006, 03:50 PM
Although being an avid Don-hater, I must concede that their front office has its collective crap together. They consistently make smart moves.

You'd figure Carl would've taken notes at least once or twice during his tenure. :banghead:

Warrior5-
I agree on all your points. especially the last one

vailpass
04-18-2006, 03:56 PM

We interupt this Donkey bash for a friendly word from the other side:

Howdy Warrior, how's your off-season going? I'm pumped about the draft; can't wait to see who goes where. Does KC focus on defense first or do they make a move at O-line to address a big need that is right around the corner?

(Maybe draft talk will overtake the acne-ridden popularity polls which currently grace the front page of your beloved Planet. :hmmm: )

We now return you to your regulary scheduled Donkey bash..

Warrior5
04-18-2006, 04:09 PM
We interupt this Donkey bash for a friendly word from the other side:
The only time you're authorized to interrupt a Donk bash on this board is if your ungulates win. Until then, no Donk-bashus interruptus allowed.

Howdy Warrior, how's your off-season going?
Not worth a crap so far; no thanks for asking.

Does KC focus on defense first or do they make a move at O-line to address a big need that is right around the corner?
If'n it were up to this defensive homer, we go D-line to conduct face-plant operations on Plummer (or whatever Donk-hippie you guys put under center) as often as possible.

vailpass
04-18-2006, 04:24 PM
The only time you're authorized to interrupt a Donk bash on this board is if your ungulates win. Until then, no Donk-bashus interruptus allowed.

Not worth a crap so far; no thanks for asking.

If'n it were up to this defensive homer, we go D-line to conduct face-plant operations on Plummer (or whatever Donk-hippie you guys put under center) as often as possible.

ROFL Sounds like you have a case of the off-season Herm-gettin' low-down Carl blues. Hope things get to lookin' up for you.

Garcia Bronco
04-18-2006, 04:34 PM
This i sall hype and it ain't going to happen....they're just saying that because the Texans are not going to draft the media guy Bush.. I would love for us to get Vernon Davis, but it's just not going to happen.

tk13
04-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Yeah, it's a natural rumor to come up with since Denver is one of the few in good position to trade up. Unless they're going up to get Bush or Leinart, I don't know if it's a great move though. I think they're pretty interested in LenDale White though.

ct
I wonder how far Bush would slide if Houston doesn't take him. Probably not past the Jets @4, just don't know about the Ain'ts or Titans.

Garcia Bronco
The only way for Denver to get Reggie Bush would be to get the #1 overall pick and that ain't happening

The Texans haven't even met with Bush.

ct
04-18-2006, 04:38 PM

I thought they had.

HemiEd
04-18-2006, 04:42 PM
I thought they had.

Watching the NFL channel last night, they have half-assed met with him. The important people did not, during his visit, the way I understood it.

Garcia Bronco
04-18-2006, 04:44 PM
I thought they had.

They've only met and had contract talks with Mario Williams according ESPN a few days ago. ESPN is also reporting that Bush has yet to have contract talks with the Texans.

ChiefsCountry
04-18-2006, 04:46 PM
Texans need a freaking OT. They have 2 solid RBs, a decent young QB, and two stud WRs. But no O-Line, they should take Ferguson.

chiefqueen
04-18-2006, 04:52 PM
Denver's slogan to its AFCW Rivals:

We'll beat you in the fall.............

and we'll draft before you in the Spring.

DARNIT CARL!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead:

CHENZ A!
04-18-2006, 04:59 PM
I just don't see how the Texans could pass on Vince Young. I know that they extended carr's contract, and their O line is pitiful, but they would never be able to repair the damage that would happen if Vince goes on to a solid NFL career.

Is it is realistic that the Chiefs probably will draft a QB on the first day at sometime in the next 3 yrs?

Now, hypothetically(just follow me for a minute), say the Freeman kid at K State wins a heisman and a BCS bowl his junior and senior season and is a projected 1st rounder, while the guy that we took a yr or two earlier has struggled. Wouldn't you want the hometown kid? I think it'd be a big mistake to let someone who's obviously a 1st rd talent, that grew up in your backyard go somewhere else.

Garcia Bronco
04-18-2006, 05:02 PM
I just don't see how the Texans could pass on Vince Young. I know that they extended carr's contract, and their O line is pitiful, but they would never be able to repair the damage that would happen if Vince goes on to a solid NFL career.

Is it is realistic that the Chiefs probably will draft a QB on the first day at sometime in the next 3 yrs?

Now, hypothetically(just follow me for a minute), say the Freeman kid at K State wins a heisman and a BCS bowl his junior and senior season and is a projected 1st rounder, while the guy that we took a yr or two earlier has struggled. Wouldn't you want the hometown kid? I think it'd be a big mistake to let someone who's obviously a 1st rd talent, that grew up in your backyard go somewhere else.

There is a good tackle around with that pick.

penchief
04-18-2006, 05:02 PM
I don't care. Moving up to the 5 spot only means that they won't take someone at 15 that we've been targeting at 20. That's a good thing.

Garcia Bronco
04-18-2006, 05:03 PM
I don't care. Moving up to the 5 spot only means that they won't take someone we've been targeting. That's a good thing.

That is a way of looking at it.

CoMoChief
04-18-2006, 05:07 PM
per ESPN. Mort was saying that the Donks want to move up to get either Mario Williams, Vernon Davis or shocker Reggie Bush.

:cuss:

Welbourn or Roaf (which ever side Mario Williams plays on I think LE but not sure) will dominate him both games.

listopencil
04-19-2006, 12:46 AM
I would love to see them get Vernon Davis. 250 pounds, great hands and a 4.38 40. The guy is a freaking monster and could absolutely be huge in our O. I don't know what it would take to get him. I've heard that it would be incredibly stupid to give up the two #1's we have to get him, but we might not have to if we throw in other picks and player(s) to a team with certain needs.

Mecca
04-19-2006, 01:45 AM
There was a rumor going around that Denver had offered the Texans their entire draft to get the #1 pick.

The Texans have to take Bush unless they're trading down. If they don't and he's even half as good as people think they'll get lambasted. Passing on Reggie Bush is the kind of move that gets front office people fired and never hired again. They'll take him just for the fact they don't want to look stupid and never have jobs again.

As far as Ferguson goes, yea he's the best OT in this draft but I wouldn't take an OT with the 1st pick.

The last thing we need is Mario Williams on the Broncos, he has Julius Peppers type talent.

58-4ever
04-19-2006, 01:47 AM
I am in the faction that thinks the Donks are eying Vernon Davis. This is one move that I don't want to see. Davis is going to be a top 5 TE in this league. He's a freak of nature.

Ebolapox
04-19-2006, 01:50 AM
There was a rumor going around that Denver had offered the Texans their entire draft to get the #1 pick.

The Texans have to take Bush unless they're trading down. If they don't and he's even half as good as people think they'll get lambasted. Passing on Reggie Bush is the kind of move that gets front office people fired and never hired again. They'll take him just for the fact they don't want to look stupid and never have jobs again.

As far as Ferguson goes, yea he's the best OT in this draft but I wouldn't take an OT with the 1st pick.

The last thing we need is Mario Williams on the Broncos, he has Julius Peppers type talent.

hell, I'd take an OT with the first pick of the draft--it's one of the most important positions on a football team... I'd say there's not a day that goes by that the rams aren't happy they drafted orlando pace a few years ago

ct
04-19-2006, 09:52 AM
hell, I'd take an OT with the first pick of the draft--it's one of the most important positions on a football team... I'd say there's not a day that goes by that the rams aren't happy they drafted orlando pace a few years ago

While DaBrick is easily the top rated OT, and a fair bet to be a very solid LT for years, he is not in the class of Orlando Pace. Frankly, I don't think he's worthy of #1, just because he's a solid LT prospect. If Houston really wanted him, they could take #4 and #29, and still get Ferguson.

Mr. Laz
04-19-2006, 10:24 AM
he just worked out for them monday IIRC

patteeu
04-19-2006, 10:36 AM
I'd love to see Denver lose picks by moving up in the draft no matter who they get.

Taco John
04-19-2006, 10:45 AM
I hope we do it... I'd love to get one of the top six in this draft. Plus, I don't think we want to pay for two first rounders.

listopencil
04-19-2006, 11:21 AM
I hope we do it... I'd love to get one of the top six in this draft. Plus, I don't think we want to pay for two first rounders.

Yeah-from what I understand your salary cap is divided between rookies and vets according to your picks. The more (and higher) picks you have, the more your cap is allocated to the rookies. Could end up being a bad thing.

Chiefshrink
04-19-2006, 11:57 AM
IMHO, I really feel the Broncos if serious about moving up want Vernon Davis. They never have really filled the void since Sharpe left. Putzier had great hands but was not a blocker and not near the athlete. I think the Broncos sit back and envy the Chargers and Chiefs and remember what Sharpe added to their O. If they move up it will be for Davis.

vailpass
04-19-2006, 12:02 PM
Now that Denver has traded away their #22 pick who do you think they will take with #15? The WR from Florida is my first choice.

ct
04-19-2006, 12:03 PM
From KFFL, also in another thread:

Broncos | Two draft picks acquired from 49ers
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:39:07 -0700

The Denver Broncos have announced the team has acquired a second-round pick (No. 37 overall) and a third-round pick (No. 68) in the 2006 NFL Draft from the San Francisco 49ers. In exchange for the picks, Denver sends San Francisco one of their two first round picks, No. 22 overall.

So much for moving up...

ct
04-19-2006, 12:04 PM
Now that Denver has traded away their #22 pick who do you think they will take with #15? The WR from Florida is my first choice.

I agree. Looks like they don't see RB or DE value at 22, and prefer to stockpile the next level prospects. A good plan...damnit!!

HerculesRockefell
04-19-2006, 12:55 PM
The WR from Florida is my first choice.

God I hope not. The best WR in a crap class who wouldn't go that high in most years.

Ultra Peanut
04-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Verrrrrry interesting... if DeAngelo doea fall to #22, it looks like he'll be a 49er.