PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 Days just leaked.

Molitoth
04-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Just letting you know its out there....

=)

DMAC
04-18-2006, 07:43 PM
I have it, hehehehehe

DMAC
04-18-2006, 08:10 PM
But if you download, you still have to buy it when it comes out, swear!!??

DMAC
04-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Holy S***! The Jambi guitar solo is KICK A$$$!!!!!

Reaper16
04-18-2006, 08:34 PM
Somebody, hook me up. Here on campus, I can't use Soulseek err, Legal Downloading Client. :)

QuikSsurfer
04-18-2006, 08:42 PM
http://www.demonoid.com/torrents/details/323371/
torrent

Reaper16
04-18-2006, 08:48 PM
I can't get around the firewall to use any P2P or bit torrent clients.

patteeu
04-18-2006, 08:52 PM
Can someone explain to me why Tool is so revered? And "because their music kicks ass" isn't really what I'm looking for. I've listened to some of their tunes from Aenima, Opiate, and Undertow and they seem OK, but I don't get the big Tool deal. What am I missing?

DMAC
04-18-2006, 08:54 PM
Can someone explain to me why Tool is so revered? And "because their music kicks ass" isn't really what I'm looking for. I've listened to some of their tunes from Aenima, Opiate, and Undertow and they seem OK, but I don't get the big Tool deal. What am I missing?We like it, if you don't, don't listen to it.

QuikSsurfer
04-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Can someone explain to me why Tool is so revered? And "because their music kicks ass" isn't really what I'm looking for. I've listened to some of their tunes from Aenima, Opiate, and Undertow and they seem OK, but I don't get the big Tool deal. What am I missing?

they were more than OK at the time of release
this is one of those things - "if you have to ask, you'll never know"
so go listen to nickledust and puddle of seven :drool:

DMAC
04-18-2006, 09:01 PM
Have you listened to the whole thing yet Quik?

QuikSsurfer
04-18-2006, 09:03 PM
on "lost keys" 4 more songs

DMAC
04-18-2006, 09:05 PM
on "lost keys" 4 more songshey, me too

QuikSsurfer
04-18-2006, 09:10 PM
i'll smoke another bowl and listen to the album again and post my review

DMAC
04-18-2006, 09:27 PM
i'll smoke another bowl and listen to the album again and post my reviewPuff, puff, give!!

DMAC
04-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Well, on the first listen, I have to say it's not what I expected. But I didn't know what to expect! Jambi is the best i think so far. Right bye two is good too.

This album is so deep, it will take a good 4-5 listens all the way through to really sink it in. It's not fair I guess to really post a review after the first listen so I will stop now.

Taco John
04-19-2006, 03:22 AM

I don't know if it can be explained. I think it's something that you have to feel when you're listening to the music. I personally think they're a specially talented band, led by a specially talented artist. I'm also a huge fan of APC.

Bob Dole
04-19-2006, 05:25 AM

It's like a lot of things in life, either you like it or you don't. It's kind of like asking someone to explain to you why you should like brussel sprouts. Everyone has different tastes. For Bob Dole, the odd time signatures and syncopated rhythm structures set it apart from a lot of other stuff and give it a sort of primal appeal. Bob Dole thinks that true for a lot of others, as well.

For example, Bob Dole lived in Vegas when Aenima came out and went to a friends house to watch their 5 year-old and the pets while they went on a couples weekend. Whenever Bob Dole put the CD on, the 5 year-old would dance around like some sort of crazed pygmy and even the parrot would start bobbing up and down on its perch.

patteeu
04-19-2006, 06:05 AM
Thanks to Bob Dole and Taco John for the serious answers.

chagrin
04-19-2006, 06:28 AM
i'll smoke another bowl and listen to the album again and post my review

The following comment has nothing to do with all the other shit going on in "The Lounge", it's just my opinion of people who have to smoke pot to "review" music, that's all.

You are such a dipshit, and to be proud of your dipshit-edness on top of that, is simply amazing to me.

**disclaimer**

If you didn't mean you have to smoke to do a review, then you mentioned it to seem cool, which is even more stupid.

chagrin
04-19-2006, 06:33 AM
patteau,

from a musician's point of view, let me tell you this:

They are diversified. They play multiple instruments, some which take years and years just to learn to play a "little bit good".

Danny Carey is a tremendous drummer, musician and Maynard has such a strong soul, he works through his life through the music he writes in such a deep way: bands like Green Day could never ever, reach his level.

every single one of the guys in the band is creative in ways most "popular" bands can only hope to be.

I have also read somewhere that they actually work out complex math equations in conjunction with the "beats" of their songs.

It's just a higher level of music.

wilas101
04-19-2006, 08:21 AM

For me its a couple things. First off, the music. It's very intricate for lack of a better word. I love the older stuff but really got hooked on Lateralus and then rediscovered the older stuff. I listened to Lateralus a lot. A LOT. There was always something else I'd notice in the songs, musically. Thats cool to me.

The other thing is the fact that was eluded to above. Maynard works through his life in his music. I don't care whats going on in my life if I'm thinking it sucks I can throw on some Tool and listen to Maynards problems and feel better about my situation. My isn't nearly as f**ked up as his appears to have been.

HC_Chief
04-19-2006, 10:22 AM
the odd time signatures and syncopated rhythm structures set it apart from a lot of other stuff and give it a sort of primal appeal.

Agreed. Combine with that Maynard's <i>outstanding</i> vocals, and you have an appealing sound.

BTW, Jambi is a badass tune :thumb:

DMAC
04-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Agreed. Combine with that Maynard's outstanding vocals, and you have an appealing sound.

BTW, Jambi is a badass tune :thumb:Yes, his voice can do anything. At the start of The Pot I thought Alannis Morisette was singing!! I like Rosetta Stoned a lot too. The starting vocals in it are very different.

QuikSsurfer
04-19-2006, 11:07 AM
You are such a dipshit, and to be proud of your dipshit-edness on top of that, is simply amazing to me.
wow
where did that tantrum come from??
psycho

chagrin
04-19-2006, 11:11 AM
wow
where did that tantrum come from??
psycho

I know, I'm sorry. I updated it. It's just statements like that bother the hell out of me. You see, I'm a music snob.

You probably are a pretty cool dude to hang with, all that other shit not withstanding, it's just that I like most people, are sensitive about my music - does that make sense?

QuikSsurfer
04-19-2006, 11:14 AM
The following comment has nothing to do with all the other shit going on in "The Lounge", it's just my opinion of people who have to smoke pot to "review" music, that's all.

**disclaimer**

If you didn't mean you have to smoke to do a review, then you mentioned it to seem cool, which is even more stupid.

i call bullshit.
there is no way that you actually believe that there are people out there who "smoke pot to review music".
you're just an angry person. you probably shouldn't take your anger out on planeteers who smoke pot.. just a suggestion.

QuikSsurfer
04-19-2006, 11:16 AM
music is my life. i can sort of understand where you're coming from but you still discriminate

DMAC
04-19-2006, 11:19 AM

**disclaimer**

If you didn't mean you have to smoke to do a review, then you mentioned it to seem cool, which is even more stupid.To quote a song from the band we are talking about, heres Bill Hicks...

"See I think, drugs have some done good things for us. I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us. Do me a favor, go home tonight, take all your albums, all your tapes, and all your CDs, and burn them. 'Cause you know what? The musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? Reeeeeeeal ****ing high on drugs."

chagrin
04-19-2006, 11:21 AM
i call bullshit.
there is no way that you actually believe that there are people out there who "smoke pot to review music".
you're just an angry person. you probably shouldn't take your anger out on planeteers who smoke pot.. just a suggestion.

Did you read my post? I'm not angry at all, I just responded to what I believed was a stupid post.

The way you wrote this: "there is no way that you actually believe that there are people out there who "smoke pot to review music" makes me wonder if you took my reply in in the proper context. I probably did not use the proper wording. I have indeed known people who had to be high to properly "enjoy" music and such, I just find that ridiculous. Your statement about getting high and then doing a review prompted my original reply.

If I offended you, I am sorry.

I am not a guy who will bash you simply for doing the dope. Again, not all the other stuff you talk about in the lounge not withstanding.

chagrin
04-19-2006, 11:23 AM
music is my life. i can sort of understand where you're coming from but you still discriminate

I said I was a music snob. And I have been playing music since I was 9, and then was in radio for 12 years. It sort of is my life as well

QuikSsurfer
04-19-2006, 11:23 AM
no worries then
:)

chagrin
04-19-2006, 11:25 AM
To quote a song from the band we are talking about, heres Bill Hicks...

"See I think, drugs have some done good things for us. I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us. Do me a favor, go home tonight, take all your albums, all your tapes, and all your CDs, and burn them. 'Cause you know what? The musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years? Reeeeeeeal ****ing high on drugs."

your quote has nothing to do with what I wrote to him originally.

thanks for trying though.

NewChief
04-19-2006, 11:26 AM
I have indeed known people who had to be high to properly "enjoy" music and such, I just find that ridiculous.

Q: What did one deadhead say to the other after the drugs wore off?

A: Man this music sucks.

DMAC
04-19-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm a music snob.
You are an avatar snob too! You made me take away torso boy!:harumph::deevee:

chagrin
04-19-2006, 11:30 AM
Q: What did one deadhead say to the other after the drugs wore off?

A: Man this music sucks.

ROFL

DMAC
04-19-2006, 11:31 AM
your quote has nothing to do with what I wrote to him originally.

thanks for trying though.If the people that made the music did it to enhance the experience, then why can't the listeners or the reviewers?

Your welcome though :whackit:

chagrin
04-19-2006, 11:34 AM
You are an avatar snob too! You made me take away torso boy!:harumph::deevee:

WHAT? I liked that avatar, it was creepy, but just because my eyes were playing tricks on me - what did you take it away for?

DMAC
04-19-2006, 11:36 AM
WHAT? I liked that avatar, it was creepy, but just because my eyes were playing tricks on me - what did you take it away for?Because I am going floating this weekend. :) And it's all that I think about.

chagrin
04-19-2006, 11:37 AM
If the people that made the music did it to enhance the experience, then why can't the listeners or the reviewers?

Your welcome though :whackit:

geesh! Remind me never to bring that up again!

I said it was just my opinion :banghead:

Reaper16
04-19-2006, 11:56 AM
POT = MUZICK M I RITE GUYSLOLWL!!!!!!!eleben!!2!

DMAC
04-19-2006, 12:45 PM
geesh! Remind me never to bring that up again!

I said it was just my opinion :banghead:Ahhh, so you see my point. Good then! Discussion closed.

chagrin
04-19-2006, 12:48 PM
Ahhh, so you see my point. Good then! Discussion closed.

No, what is your point exactly?

DMAC
04-19-2006, 12:51 PM
No, what is your point exactly?DISCUSSION CLOSED!!!!!!!

ENDelt260
04-19-2006, 12:51 PM
It's like a lot of things in life, either you like it or you don't. It's kind of like asking someone to explain to you why you should like brussel sprouts. Everyone has different tastes. For Bob Dole, the odd time signatures and syncopated rhythm structures set it apart from a lot of other stuff and give it a sort of primal appeal. Bob Dole thinks that true for a lot of others, as well.

For example, Bob Dole lived in Vegas when Aenima came out and went to a friends house to watch their 5 year-old and the pets while they went on a couples weekend. Whenever Bob Dole put the CD on, the 5 year-old would dance around like some sort of crazed pygmy and even the parrot would start bobbing up and down on its perch.
What did your friends think when they came back and their five year old was ranting about wanting to flush that worthless ****ing hole they call LA into the ocean?

ENDelt260
04-19-2006, 12:52 PM

**disclaimer**

What's wrong with smoking a bowl just cause you wanna smoke a bowl?

HC_Chief
04-19-2006, 12:52 PM
What did your friends think when they came back and their five year old was ranting about wanting to flush that worthless ****ing hole they call LA into the ocean?

"Learn to swim"? :shrug:

DMAC
04-19-2006, 12:53 PM
What did your friends think when they came back and their five year old was ranting about wanting to flush that worthless ****ing hole they call LA into the ocean?No, the parents opened the door to find their child trying to pry open his third eye.

ENDelt260
04-19-2006, 12:54 PM
No, the parents opened the door to find their child trying to pry open his third eye.
That couldn't have been pretty.

chagrin
04-19-2006, 01:19 PM
What's wrong with smoking a bowl just cause you wanna smoke a bowl?

My point was, why broadcast it?

Obviously this is getting too complicated. I have made my post, defended my position and fuggin apologized to someone when I probably shouldn't have. I'm not going to sit here and be bitched at by people that obviously don't see things the way I do. We disagree and that's it.

sedated
04-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Not to beat a dead horse here, but I gotta defend pot-head nation.

It is scientific fact that smoking pot affects all senses, especially vision and hearing.

Artists have smoked pot to see colors more vividly.

Pot also seems to calm nerves and make people more patient, which lets some people better appreciate long and complicated music like Tool's.

Music just sounds different when high.

(I could be wrong, I am pretty stoned right now)

Cochise
04-19-2006, 01:28 PM

It is scientific fact that smoking pot affects all senses, especially vision and hearing.

Pot also seems to calm nerves and make people more patient, which lets some people better appreciate long and complicated music like Tool's.

It makes you smarter, huh.

chagrin
04-19-2006, 01:29 PM

It's also a scientific fact that pot has negative effects on one's mind and senses.

No shit, let's talk about something nobody knows already okay? I don't "really" care what ya do in your own world dude, I really don't. It doesn't offend me, etc. when it comes to music, I am a snob, I've got my opinions and I won't stop expressing them - I ssume you wouldn't either, big deal; Next topic

DMAC
04-19-2006, 01:30 PM
It makes you smarter, huh.No, it just kills the brain cells that suck.

HC_Chief
04-19-2006, 01:32 PM
Pot has also been proven to cause men's breasts to enlarge.

Nice tits, dude :thumb:

chagrin
04-19-2006, 01:36 PM

Nice tits, dude :thumb:

ROFL

WHAT??

DMAC
04-19-2006, 01:38 PM

Nice tits, dude :thumb:Thats the quote of the day!!!ROFLROFL

Bob Dole
04-19-2006, 02:29 PM

The mother was fascinated that Alec (and the bird) were dancing. The father expressed some concern about the lyrics, until Bob Dole invited him to ask Alec to repeat some/any back to him.

He couldn't.

Plus, you get pretty jaded when you live in one great big festering neon distraction, anyway.

DMAC
04-19-2006, 04:16 PM
The mother was fascinated that Alec (and the bird) were dancing. The father expressed some concern about the lyrics, until Bob Dole invited him to ask Alec to repeat some/any back to him.

He couldn't.

Plus, you get pretty jaded when you live in one great big festering neon distraction, anyway.Well then, I have a suggestion to keep yourself occupied

QuikSsurfer
04-19-2006, 07:55 PM
No, it just kills the brain cells that suck.
ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2006, 11:26 PM
I just downloaded this album. (thanks for the link surfer) I'm not sure this is real, tool is notorious for throwing out the red herrings. It's alright, but not anywhere near what I expected. That said, I'm burning it to disk right now, probably need to listen a few more times to wrap my head around it.

Reaper16
04-19-2006, 11:41 PM
I just downloaded this album. (thanks for the link surfer) I'm not sure this is real, tool is notorious for throwing out the red herrings. It's alright, but not anywhere near what I expected. That said, I'm burning it to disk right now, probably need to listen a few more times to wrap my head around it.
It's real. There is a Guitar World cover article with Adam Jones this month, and the article specifically cites musical passages, titles, and lyrics found on the leaked album. It is the real 10,000 Days.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-19-2006, 11:49 PM
It's real. There is a Guitar World cover article with Adam Jones this month, and the article specifically cites musical passages, titles, and lyrics found on the leaked album. It is the real 10,000 Days.

If that's the case, this is by far the most out there record they've done.

chagrin
04-20-2006, 11:19 AM
Damn, that vicarious is good stuff

Taco John
04-21-2006, 04:30 AM
Is anyone here familiar with binaural beat technology? It's basically training the brain to work in synchonous nature rather than as seperate functioning hemispheres. Two seperate auditory impulses are introduced in each ear that are at slightly different frequencies. The difference between these two frequencies causes the brain to work together to try to bridge the gap as it searches for the missing difference. The brain becomes effectively entrained by that difference in a mental state in which both hemispheres are effectively working in unison. They call it resonant entrainment.

Anyway, people use this reasonant etrainment as an aid for meditation, relaxation, pain management, concentration, focus, improving the quality of sleep, etc... The various mental effects are determined by the frequency that the sound oscillations take place at.

Long story short, this album is chock full of it.

chagrin
04-21-2006, 06:24 AM
Long story short, this album is chock full of it.

As is most of their music

QuikSsurfer
04-21-2006, 08:52 AM
:thumb:

Taco John
04-21-2006, 11:32 AM

Not nearly to the extent that this one uses it...

DMAC
04-21-2006, 02:37 PM
It has been in constant rotation with me since the day it leaked. I the more I listen now the more I frikkin love it. It is so good, for anyone who isnt sure if they like it yet, keep listening!

Taco John
04-22-2006, 04:17 AM
That's what I was just coming to say. I think I like it better than Aenima. It gets better and better with every listen. Once you sit down, take your time, and hunt for the lyrics, the entire album starts to come together.

I would be asleep right now, but I popped the album in at midnight, and don't want to go to sleep because I'm enjoying the album so much.

Some are disappointed in the soundscapes that "litter" this album. I personally love them and thinkthey set the mood just right... as intended. I think some people want Tool on their terms, when in reality, they're taking their music where THEY want to go, not where anyone wants them to go.

The broke every rule in the book with this one, but I think it paid off. This is quickly becoming a favorite album of all time. There's just so much to explore in this album, I'm having the time of my life.

Taco John
04-22-2006, 04:18 AM
If I'm not mistaken, 10,000 days refers to the length of time that Jesus was on earth.

ChiefFripp
04-22-2006, 05:35 AM
That's what I was just coming to say. I think I like it better than Aenima. It gets better and better with every listen. Once you sit down, take your time, and hunt for the lyrics, the entire album starts to come together.

I would be asleep right now, but I popped the album in at midnight, and don't want to go to sleep because I'm enjoying the album so much.

Some are disappointed in the soundscapes that "litter" this album. I personally love them and thinkthey set the mood just right... as intended. I think some people want Tool on their terms, when in reality, they're taking their music where THEY want to go, not where anyone wants them to go.

The broke every rule in the book with this one, but I think it paid off. This is quickly becoming a favorite album of all time. There's just so much to explore in this album, I'm having the time of my life.

This is why I refuse to listen to the music until I actually have the album in my hands,(even though I have the songs in a folder on my desktop). Tool has delivered on every one of their albums in the past and I just feel I want to hear the album as they intended me to, with the correct puases between songs and everything. I can be patient if I suspect the payoff is worth it,(common attitude among Chief fans).

DMAC
04-24-2006, 08:32 AM
I just downloaded this album. (thanks for the link surfer) I'm not sure this is real, tool is notorious for throwing out the red herrings. It's alright, but not anywhere near what I expected. That said, I'm burning it to disk right now, probably need to listen a few more times to wrap my head around it.So you think TOOL wrote an entire album, an incredible album at that, that is fake? If so, great! We will get another album in May!!!