PDA

View Full Version : Paperbag Day

petegz28
04-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Maybe we should take up a collection so the Royals can hand out 20,000 paper bags to fans as they come in the park???

Anyone? Anyone?

4th and Long
04-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Given their current payroll, I believe they can afford their own damn paper bags.

SLAG
04-18-2006, 08:51 PM
Given their current payroll, I believe they can afford their own damn paper bags.

Glass would Probably Skimp on that too and get us all Plastic Bags...

he leads 20k Fans To mass Suicide... :hmmm: He almost does that w/o the bags

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
04-18-2006, 08:51 PM
20,000?? Don't you think that will be about 12,000 to many?!

VonneMarie
04-18-2006, 08:54 PM

he leads 20k Fans To mass Suicide... :hmmm: He almost does that w/o the bags
Well, if they're that stoopid...

morphius
04-18-2006, 08:57 PM
What you need to do it wear the royal blue Walmart bags to bring the point home to the owner...

Skip Towne
04-18-2006, 08:57 PM
This is the kind of Royals thread I like. What the hell is a Royal?

4th and Long
04-18-2006, 08:58 PM
No, he would really skimp and use the netting you find, that surrounds grapes, in the produce section.

morphius
04-18-2006, 09:00 PM
A King, or a Prince...

genious :D

Reaper16
04-18-2006, 09:37 PM
I belive the dictionary defines it as: noble in character; royalty; catagorically better than any damn cardinal.

VonneMarie
04-18-2006, 09:38 PM
I belive the dictionary defines it as: noble in character; royalty; catagorically better than any damn cardinal.
Rep. :)

morphius
04-18-2006, 10:01 PM
Glass is no Kauffman...

Jayhawkerman2001
04-18-2006, 10:50 PM
Working for walmart I've noticed that everybody affiliated with the company on a salary bases has that whole idea engraned into their heads from day 1. Buy low sell low for a phofit only, who cares about the people that work for us or come into our stores. Glass had that instilled into his head and hes doing the same to the royals organization

SLAG
04-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Working for walmart I've noticed that everybody affiliated with the company on a salary bases has that whole idea engraned into their heads from day 1. Buy low sell low for a phofit only, who cares about the people that work for us or come into our stores. Glass had that instilled into his head and hes doing the same to the royals organization

have you seen that walmart Movie?

http://www.walmartmovie.com/

thebrad84
04-18-2006, 11:01 PM
20,000?? Don't you think that will be about 12,000 to many?!
ROFL So true.

You've got to love the Royals though...they make a nice distraction from the recent crapiness of the Chiefs as far as the playoff drought goes. A couple months of this $hit and everyone will be begging for another 10-6 season by the Chiefs...and thats what's truly sad..

Jayhawkerman2001
04-18-2006, 11:04 PM
Lol thats a great video. Ive said this since ive been working for walmart. This company has gone to total shit since sam walton died. Sam was everything to walmart, just like kauffman was everything to the royals. Other people took over walmart and totally ****ed it up trying to get as much money through their grubbie little hands as possible. Sam wasnt about that shit.

Jayhawkerman2001
04-18-2006, 11:05 PM
ROFL So true.

You've got to love the Royals though...they make a nice distraction from the recent crapiness of the Chiefs as far as the playoff drought goes. A couple months of this $hit and everyone will be begging for another 10-6 season by the Chiefs...and thats what's truly sad..

Shit, a 10-6 season again would most likely get us into the playoffs. So id take it.

SLAG
04-18-2006, 11:05 PM
Lol thats a great video. Ive said this since ive been working for walmart. This company has gone to total shit since sam walton died. Sam was everything to walmart, just like kauffman was everything to the royals. Other people took over walmart and totally ****ed it up trying to get as much money through their grubbie little hands as possible. Sam wasnt about that shit.

I wish Glass would take an que from either one of those two men (Walton or Mr.K)

Jayhawkerman2001
04-18-2006, 11:09 PM
Definitely man. I was so pissed when they sold the team to glass... I knew we were going to just continue the losing as usual.

thebrad84
04-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Shit, a 10-6 season again would most likely get us into the playoffs. So id take it.
Yeah, but that just goes to show you the mind set of most kansas citians...people in new england (and others) expect ATLEAST a 10-6 season....whereas we hope for it. Kansas City, for the last few years atleast, hasn't been one that over-achieves in sports. We seems to be in that "mediocre-to-maybe slightly above" mode with the Chiefs, and the "going for worst regular season record" mode with the Royals. Just feels good to be a kansas citian right now, don't it?

Jayhawkerman2001
04-18-2006, 11:14 PM
I definitely didnt mean it that way. I do expect us to get 10-6 or better every single year and i get insanely pissed if we dont. With the ability of our offense we should go 12-4 each year.

Mecca
04-18-2006, 11:17 PM

I'll have a Royal with cheese.

thebrad84
04-18-2006, 11:25 PM
I definitely didnt mean it that way. I do expect us to get 10-6 or better every single year and i get insanely pissed if we dont. With the ability of our offense we should go 12-4 each year.
Yeah, but with the ability of our defense, or lack-there-of, we probably won't be going 12-4 anytime soon..or atleast, if we do, we won't do dick in the playoffs. I'm just hopeful that ol' Hermie will bring back a good D to KC. We've been missing it for quite awhile now. Of course, I'm also hopeful that the Royals with reach their goal of worst regular season record, and Baird will be fired, depantced infront of the entire city, and then be swiftly kicked in the bare-ass.

CHENZ A!
04-19-2006, 01:44 AM
now playing: Bjork ft Tricky-Black Coffee

Am I the only one that would be ok with us taking the best available plyr in the 1st? e'ebody was pissed at the granmama pick, now look..... if Winston Justice is still around, got to take him. I'm not sold on S. Holmes though.

Guru
04-19-2006, 02:40 AM
Well, if they're that stoopid...

Well, if they are Royals fans..... :hmmm:

morphius
04-19-2006, 06:47 AM
Yeah, but that just goes to show you the mind set of most kansas citians...people in new england (and others) expect ATLEAST a 10-6 season....whereas we hope for it. Kansas City, for the last few years atleast, hasn't been one that over-achieves in sports. We seems to be in that "mediocre-to-maybe slightly above" mode with the Chiefs, and the "going for worst regular season record" mode with the Royals. Just feels good to be a kansas citian right now, don't it?
But of course New England has been to a few Super Bowls lately, so they expect it. Just like when we were in the playoffs every year, we raised our expectations to the Super Bowl being the only thing that mattered. I don't think 10-6 is what NE expected for the decade leading up to their first SB win.

Deberg_1990
04-19-2006, 07:03 AM

Hmmm..so did people expect a 10-6 season in New England back in like 1992???

gblowfish
04-19-2006, 07:25 AM
Judging from the masthead on the Royals website, I'd say we're in for a long year...

VonneMarie
04-19-2006, 07:29 AM
Well, if they are Royals fans..... :hmmm:
We can't help being Royals fans. Some of us were brought up that way. :sulk:

4th and Long
04-19-2006, 08:24 AM
Judging from the masthead on the Royals website, I'd say we're in for a long year...
Rumor has it the new slogan at the stadium is, "Kansas City Royals Baseball. Sit Wherever You Want!"

morphius
04-19-2006, 08:26 AM
Rumor has it the new slogan at the stadium is, "Kansas City Royals Baseball. Sit Wherever You Want!"
LOL! I'm going to go when I can have the remote control to the jumbo tron, it'll be like having the game in PiP.

StcChief
04-19-2006, 08:28 AM
Don't spend anything now on bags....

Wait two months, you can get by with a couple hundred.