PDA

View Full Version : Denver still owns da Raiduhs....

Mile High Mania
11-14-2000, 08:21 AM
Pretty good game last night. I log on this morning and read the typical BS about Denver getting help from the refs, etc. Get over it, Denver is a pretty good team. They have issues, sure, but they're pretty good.

I'm curious to know how Griese's shoulder is after the latest injury. I hope it's not serious, but he showed great poise and leadership. I like watching the kid grow up in Shanahan's system. Now, if only they can pull off the upset at Arrowhead in December. http://63.249.247.210/ubb/biggrin.gif ... all would be right in my world.

Duck, JQ, other Raiduh Faiduh fans... congrats on a hard fought AFC West battle. Your boys almost pulled off the comeback.

Denver is 6-4 and racing for the wildcard at this point. It will be tough to take the division crown, unless the Raiduhs fall (it's almost time for the 2nd half fall).

GO BRONCOS!

------------------
~Brad2K~

Kick his a$$, SeaBass!

Spott
11-14-2000, 08:33 AM
Last night was one of the few times a year I root for the Broncos. There were some no calls on late hits by on a couple of plays but they went both ways. This is kind of like a reversal of the early 90's when the Broncos owned the Chiefs, the Raiders owned the Broncos and the Chiefs owned the Raiders. Denver played good on D but they probably should have taken Griese out after he hurt his shoulder. Griese didn't throw the ball more than 10-15 yards after getting hurt. With San Diego next week, Frerrote will probably start. The only thing that would have made this game better is if the Chiefs would have beat the 49ers on Sunday. Don't give up on the division yet. Oakland still has to play at N.O., at Pittsburgh, vs Jets and at Seattle.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

Mile High Mania
11-14-2000, 09:10 AM
I haven't given up on the division, but I'm trying to be a li'l more realistic in setting my expectations.

Six games remaining and I think Denver can win 4 of them fairly easily. I was fearing the Saints before Williams got hurt. I think that's a win for Denver, they should at least split Seattle. They will beat the Chargers, and most likely the 49ers at home. There's 10 wins. KC would be a bonus. We'll have to see. I'm not confident about Gus, though.

Spott
11-14-2000, 09:23 AM
It could get really wild if Oakland collapses like they did in 95 and end up in a 3 way tie at the end of the year with the KC & Denver. The head to head tiebreaker would have to be thrown out if KC beats Denver at Arrowhead. Seattle could end up winning the division for another team by playing the spoiler.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

morphius
11-14-2000, 09:47 AM
I'm still reeling from the congradulations Broncofan and Morphius thread started by JQ.

Morphius
OUCH!

hawaiianboy
11-14-2000, 10:27 AM
mizzou....

Okay I knew the first loss we put up people would start with that reference to '95..... What themedia and everyone conveniently forgets is Hostetler got hurt and we played the las 6 or 7 games with one of the Billy Joes and 80 year old Vince Evans at QB.

I don't think you see a fade from this team. We played mistake filled football last night but still made up a 2 TD defecit with 7 minutes to go.
Mile High,you won't hear any "bad ref" excuses here simply because I don't ever expect help from the refs. The only thing I will say is that this is a different team without the threat of Wheatly.... Never do I want to see my team have 50 pass attempts again!<BR>

Mile High Mania
11-14-2000, 10:28 AM
I was hoping that the 'Wheatley' excuse wouldn't be used... Denver didn't have a healthy TD in Week 3. Depth is key!

I hope it's a close battle...

hawaiianboy
11-14-2000, 10:39 AM
Mile High....

It wasn't meant as an excuse, just an observation.

When you guys lost TD you had similar style backs to plug in so IMO it didn't change your style of play.... We aren't blessed with that depth... We lose Tyrone and we go from a power running team to primarily a passing team... Not my style of play.... I don't like to see my QB having 25 pass attempts in the first half....
If that sounds like an excuse..... well......

Mile High Mania
11-14-2000, 10:59 AM
HawaiianBoy,
I knew what you were talking about... I just wanted to end any possible excuses. It's all good.

Eventually, the Raiders will find a way to beat Denver and when that happens... I expect to hear some smack.

TEX
11-14-2000, 11:05 AM
IMHO, the Raiders are better than the Donx, the Donx just havee their number. Shanny outcoached Gruden ...again and that's why the Donx won. Going 5-wides in the last minute proved to be a good move that the caught the Raiders off guard. Congrats on the win Donx fans, but the Raiders will win the West and they deserve it.

hawaiianboy
11-14-2000, 11:12 AM
KCFT...

Going 5 wides was indeed smart...... blitzing your corner while defending the five wid set was stupid.
The "hot" receiver then catches a 25 yard slant. Game over.<BR>

Mile High Mania
11-14-2000, 11:15 AM
I'm not sure that I would say Oakland wins the West b/c they deserve it. Granted, they have played great to come back in several games and they should be applauded for having an 8-2 record.

However, as a team, their stats aren't better than Denver. Also, everyone is saying that Gannon is an MVP candidate. His numbers aren't better than Griese...

Griese #3 QB in NFL
19 td/ 4 int/ 2,674 yds/ 1 rush td
Gannon #10 QB in NFL
15 td/ 7 int/ 2,231 yds/ 4 rush td

Total Offense
Denver #4 in NFL
Oakland # 8 in NFL

Total Defense
Denver #19 in NFL
Oakland #25 in NFL

Yes, they have 8 wins to Denver's 6 wins, but Denver has swept them b/c when you break it down, they're just better than Oakland.

hawaiianboy
11-14-2000, 11:32 AM
Mile High....

"Stats are for people who don't have anything else"

Bill Walsh

Yes,you beat us twice.
But we win the games we're supposed to win. Say what you want, post whatever stats fills your needs.... You are playing good ball, but losing at home to a 2 win team and to Cincy can't be erased.

Oakland wins this division.

TEX
11-14-2000, 11:46 AM
Shoot, I forgot how "awesome" the Donx stats are - probably because Vance is no longer around to post them weekly. Fact is, the Raiders have not been punked by the likes of Cincinnati, New England, KC, SF. They beat the bad teams like they are supposed to and some good teams that they aren't supposed to, like the Colts. They have been the most consistent team in the West and that's the reason they will win it. I don't put much into stats. As soon as the Donx lose another game or two, all this talk will stop anyway. Shoot, after the Natti disaster, most Donx fans saw little hope.

Mile High Mania
11-14-2000, 02:01 PM
Hey... I was just posting the stats because someone said they would win the division because they "deserved" it. That's all.

Denver lost to Cincy and the Pats, not a whole lot to brag about. They could have and should have won those games, but they didn't and that's why they're fighting for a wildcard shot into the playoffs.

I think player by player, Denver is better than Oakland. However, Oakland has a great team and with an 8-2 record, they could go deep into the playoffs b/c they have won the games they are supposed to win.

I'm not discounting them...

Pitt Gorilla
11-14-2000, 02:48 PM
I have never cheered openly for the Broncos, however, last night I made an exception! Great game. (I hope we can catch back up.)

------------------
GO PITT!

ROYC75
11-14-2000, 03:07 PM
SHOOT....I actually got to watch all of it and for once I didn't get to excited about the game! Over all,it was a good game to watch,both teams having chances and not taking advantage of them or the other team just rose to the call!

I realy didn't care who won,just enjoyed it for what it was! As for the playoff concerns......just wish'n our team would have played to there fullest potential the previous 2 weeks! Could be right in the mix of things ,but no...we had to lay down and crap out!

FWIW......Hate to admit this,an Oakland win could have helped our chance alot more than a Oakland lost! SORRY JQ,not going to jump on your bandwagon till we are offically eleminated from the playoffs!