Taco John
04-20-2006, 04:08 AM
Poll forthcoming... Vote for 3

greg63
04-20-2006, 04:34 AM
Ernie Sims Jr. OLB Florida St.
Jimmy Williams Sr. DB Virginia Tech
Tye Hill Sr. DC Clemson

I'm not sure why other then Herm's the Head Coach.

Dunit35
04-20-2006, 04:46 AM
Tamba Hali option?

But I go with him, Cromatie or Hill

greg63
04-20-2006, 04:54 AM
Wait; I voted in a poll that does not have the obligatory Gaz option...

Mr. Kotter
04-20-2006, 06:50 AM
Tamba Hali should be on the list as well.

HemiEd
04-20-2006, 06:55 AM
Reggie Bush, we need to keep LJ pissed off.

ct
04-20-2006, 07:17 AM
Tamba Hali
Jimmy Williams
Johnathan Joseph

jspchief
04-20-2006, 07:23 AM
I don't think those LBs should even be on the list. I really don't think we'll even consider a LB. Maybe Sims, but I doubt he'll get to 20.

MahiMike
04-20-2006, 07:39 AM
Tamba Hali option?

But I go with him, Cromatie or Hill

EXACTLY!!! HALI! HALI! HALI!

With him and Jared, they'd have 20 sacks between them. Yeah, Baby!

mlyonsd
04-20-2006, 07:52 AM
Reggie Bush, we need to keep LJ pissed off.
ROFL

Hog Farmer
04-20-2006, 07:58 AM
I think you should go back to the mange and run a poll asking how much Jake Plummer is gonna suck this year.

Lzen
04-20-2006, 07:59 AM
Tye Hill Sr. DC Clemson

Are we planning on replacing Gunther through the draft?

KC Jones
04-20-2006, 08:02 AM
Tye Hill Sr. DC Clemson
Antonio Cromartie Jr. DC Florida St.
Ashton Youboty Jr. DC Ohio St.
Kelly Jennings Sr. DC Miami-Fla.

What the hell is a DC?

I'm running through all of the positions in my mind and I've never seen that acronym before except as a Defensive Coordinator.

COchief
04-20-2006, 08:39 AM
Best DE or CB available

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2006, 08:57 AM
Tamba Hali

Mr. Kotter
04-20-2006, 09:10 AM
Best DE or CB available
That better be their first round pick....unless something amazing falls into their laps at 20--in which case the second rounder better be best available DL or DB.

Rain Man
04-20-2006, 09:13 AM
Where's the Tamba Gaz Hali option?

BigChiefFan
04-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Tamba Hali is probably the consensus vote and he isn't even an option.

Taco John
04-20-2006, 09:37 AM
Tamba Hali is probably the consensus vote and he isn't even an option.

He didn't break the top 40 of any of the draft projections I was looking at.

htismaqe
04-20-2006, 09:44 AM
He didn't break the top 40 of any of the draft projections I was looking at.

What projections were you looking at?

The most accurate Top 100 prospect lists/mock drafts are Rick Gosselin, THR, Kiper, and NFL Draft Countdown.

Gosselin has him going 20th to the Chiefs. The Huddle Report has him at 31 to the Seahawks. NFL Draft Countdown has him going 37th to the Broncos.

DJJasonp
04-20-2006, 09:49 AM
Tye Hill Sr. DC Clemson

What the hell is a DC?

I'm running through all of the positions in my mind and I've never seen that acronym before except as a Defensive Coordinator.

Donkey coverer????

Taco John
04-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Tye Hill Sr. DC Clemson

What the hell is a DC?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/index

I think it stands for "Defensive Corner."

DJJasonp
04-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Not your words - so i'm not poking fun at you....

But Defensive corner??? That would be opposite of the "Offensive corner" I guess.

Probably written by Kiper...

Munson
04-20-2006, 11:01 AM
I voted for Manny Lawson. This team needs a pass rush more than anything. But I wouldn't mind if we went with Hali.

RedThat
04-20-2006, 11:21 AM
I voted for Manny Lawson. This team needs a pass rush more than anything. But I wouldn't mind if we went with Hali.

I agree. And I hope we do get him with the 20th pick.

I think Manny is a better passrusher than Hali. I think Manny is the best passrusher in this years draft. you know what seperates Manny from Mario Williams, and Tamba Hali? Manny shows more will and desire playing the game of football than those guys. his work ethic is a lot better. As a matter of fact, did you guys know, that, Tim Krumrie attended Manny's workout at NC State, and he threw them off the wall with his performances. The Chiefs coaches were so impressed they thought he had a better workout than Mario Williams! I'm not making this up, it's a fact.

The only knock is, he is not a pure, complete player. Due to his size, he is projected to be an outside LBer in the NFL. A lot of people comment on that, and say he is best suited as an OLBer in 3-4. While he can still rush the QB in that style of defense, his coverage skills are lacking.

But you know what I say? I say screw all that crap. This team needs an excellent passrusher BADLY, and that is what he is. If he is there at 20, he is the BAA imo. They have to take him. DT played in a 4-3, and all I can remember is him being one of the finest passrushers this franchise ever had.

I miss that. I want to see that back here.

Tribal Warfare
04-20-2006, 11:50 AM
Tamba Hali -trade down
Manny Lawson
Antonio Cromartie

Coogs
04-20-2006, 12:04 PM
I agree. And I hope we do get him with the 20th pick.

I think Manny is a better passrusher than Hali. I think Manny is the best passrusher in this years draft. you know what seperates Manny from Mario Williams, and Tamba Hali? Manny shows more will and desire playing the game of football than those guys. his work ethic is a lot better. As a matter of fact, did you guys know, that, Tim Krumrie attended Manny's workout at NC State, and he threw them off the wall with his performances. The Chiefs coaches were so impressed they thought he had a better workout than Mario Williams! I'm not making this up, it's a fact.

The only knock is, he is not a pure, complete player. Due to his size, he is projected to be an outside LBer in the NFL. A lot of people comment on that, and say he is best suited as an OLBer in 3-4. While he can still rush the QB in that style of defense, his coverage skills are lacking.

But you know what I say? I say screw all that crap. This team needs an excellent passrusher BADLY, and that is what he is. If he is there at 20, he is the BAA imo. They have to take him. DT played in a 4-3, and all I can remember is him being one of the finest passrushers this franchise ever had.

I miss that. I want to see that back here.

:bravo:

I agree totally!

eazyb81
04-20-2006, 12:59 PM
MANNY - LAWSON

CLAP, CLAP, CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!!

Manny's my main man, I don't think you can pass on his natural pass rushing and athletic ability. However, I have a feeling CP and crew might feel he is too much of a project to take at this spot and in our defensive scheme.

If we pass on Lawson, we better damn well end up with Cromartie or Hill. I can would still be happy with either one of those guys, I think both can end up being standouts at their position.

My Wishlist:

1. Manny Lawson - freak, NC State
2-a. Antonio Cromartie - CB, FSU
2-b. Tye Hill - CB, Clemson

ct
04-20-2006, 01:05 PM
MANNY - LAWSON

CLAP, CLAP, CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!!

Manny's my main man, I don't think you can pass on his natural pass rushing and athletic ability. However, I have a feeling CP and crew might feel he is too much of a project to take at this spot and in our defensive scheme.

If we pass on Lawson, we better damn well end up with Cromartie or Hill. I can would still be happy with either one of those guys, I think both can end up being standouts at their position.

My Wishlist:

1. Manny Lawson - freak, NC State
2-a. Antonio Cromartie - CB, FSU
2-b. Tye Hill - CB, Clemson

Lawson is too big of a project, so they take Cromartie instead? Are you serious?

Tribal Warfare
04-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Lawson is too big of a project, so they take Cromartie instead? Are you serious?

from what I've been hearing on the BB it looks like Peterson and company has a mancrush on Lawson

ct
04-20-2006, 02:09 PM
from what I've been hearing on the BB it looks like Peterson and company has a mancrush on Lawson

Could be, and I'm ok with Lawson if they take him @20. A talented pass-rusher we definitely do need, but if I had my druthers I'd prefer an all-around, every down DE to push Hicks into early retirement.

eazyb81
04-20-2006, 02:37 PM

From my post in the "FSU's Cromartie draws Deion comparions" thread:

"Cromartie is not a huge risk or project like some uninformed people are making him out to be. The only reason he could be perceived as a risk is because he missed last season due to injury. However, he is not a risk in his ability, because he has proven what he can do on the field. Also, I don't think you can say he is an injury risk either, because his combine workouts show that he has not lost a step.

I would still prefer Lawson if he is available, but Cromartie and Hill fill out the rest of my top 3 wishlist. I really don't think we could go wrong with either of the top 2 CBs....you just have to decide what you want in your CB."

Lawson is perceived as a project mainly because no one knows what position he should play in the NFL. In terms of his size, he fits the DE/OLB tweener role in some scouts eyes. However, there is no doubt that Cromartie is going to play CB in the NFL. In that sense, he really isn't a project at all. Granted, he hasn't had a ton of in-game college experience, but I don't think that necessarily makes him a project.

Tribal Warfare
04-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Could be, and I'm ok with Lawson if they take him @20. A talented pass-rusher we definitely do need, but if I had my druthers I'd prefer an all-around, every down DE to push Hicks into early retirement.

I totally agree

ct
04-20-2006, 02:54 PM
From my post in the "FSU's Cromartie draws Deion comparions" thread:

"Cromartie is not a huge risk or project like some uninformed people are making him out to be. The only reason he could be perceived as a risk is because he missed last season due to injury. However, he is not a risk in his ability, because he has proven what he can do on the field. Also, I don't think you can say he is an injury risk either, because his combine workouts show that he has not lost a step.

I would still prefer Lawson if he is available, but Cromartie and Hill fill out the rest of my top 3 wishlist. I really don't think we could go wrong with either of the top 2 CBs....you just have to decide what you want in your CB."

Lawson is perceived as a project mainly because no one knows what position he should play in the NFL. In terms of his size, he fits the DE/OLB tweener role in some scouts eyes. However, there is no doubt that Cromartie is going to play CB in the NFL. In that sense, he really isn't a project at all. Granted, he hasn't had a ton of in-game college experience, but I don't think that necessarily makes him a project.

I'm much less concerned with Cro's knee than this little question: How many starts has he made the last 3 years?

eazyb81
04-20-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm much less concerned with Cro's knee than this little question: How many starts has he made the last 3 years?

I guess you can look at that a couple ways. One person could look at that and say he must suck since he didn't start many games. Another person could look at it and realize he must be one hell of a prospect if he is predicted to go this high after not starting many games in his career AND missing the entire year that year.

One point I would add is that although he only had one official start his sophomore year, most teams routinely use up to 4 or 5 CBs a play, so it's not like he was sitting on the bench. Two, despite having only one official start his sophomore year, he still made 1st Team All ACC.

The fact of the matter is that Cromartie has the ideal physical makeup you look for in an elite shutdown CB. If he had played last year or stayed in school this year, he would have been top 5-10 draft pick. A guy with his tools at an elite position like CB is great value at the 20th pick in the draft, and we would be crazy to pass on him simply because he didn't officially start enough games.

Starbux37
04-20-2006, 03:20 PM
1. Hali
2. Cromartie
3. Hill

Any one of these 3 would fill a need, Hali would just fill the need sooner IMO.

melbar
04-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Tye HIll is in the lead ? are you freaking kidding me?! HE's a midget and he's going to get swallowed up in the NFL. Nickle CB is not our greatest need.

Mecca
04-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Tye HIll is in the lead ? are you freaking kidding me?! HE's a midget and he's going to get swallowed up in the NFL. Nickle CB is not our greatest need.

When people have to pick 3, that's going to happen. He'll be one of the best 3 players available when we pick.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-20-2006, 05:14 PM
Hali, Cromartie, or Hill.

JBucc
04-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Hali, Cromartie, or Hill.I'd take any of those

beer bacon
04-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Hali, Cromartie, or Hill.

Hali: Poor value at 20, but I still like him.

Cromartie: All hype and little production at this point. Hard to make a judgement on a guy when there isn't much to judge.

Hill: Midget vs Randy Moss equals one dead midget.

Ultra Peanut
04-20-2006, 09:47 PM
He didn't break the top 40 of any of the draft projections I was looking at.What the **** kind of projections have you been looking at?!

beer bacon
04-20-2006, 11:05 PM
What the **** kind of projections have you been looking at?!

Lots of the more recent projections have both Hali and Kiwi dropping out of the first, and lots of cornerbacks going in the first instead.

htismaqe
04-21-2006, 08:04 AM
Lots of the more recent projections have both Hali and Kiwi dropping out of the first, and lots of cornerbacks going in the first instead.

Lots of them having Hali falling out of the first round. None of them that I've found have him dropping out of the top 40.

htismaqe
04-21-2006, 08:05 AM
This team is going to trade down.

Ultra Peanut
04-21-2006, 02:49 PM
This team is going to trade down.I'm inclined to believe that, as well.