PDA

View Full Version : Dying to Talk Football

Color Red
04-20-2006, 07:36 PM
I don't want to talk about last night's date, or some new recipe. I'm dying to talk football, and can't wait for September. So I gotta say what I've been itching to say all spring.. I know some of this his rehash, but like I said, I gotta talk.

The Steeler Superbowl win has to be unsatisfying to Steeler fans.

The championship game will forever be tarnished as one marked with at best, questionable calls that legitimately influenced the game.

Most people quietly suspect the Steelers would have never gotten out of Cincinnatti alive if Palmer hadn't gotten hurt.

There. I said it.

Phobia
04-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Cody or Boozer?

I voted Boozer but it's only because I like an underdog. I have $50 on the booze man.

nychief
04-20-2006, 07:37 PM
Amen brother!

nychief
04-20-2006, 07:38 PM
"The Steeler Superbowl win has to be unsatisfying to Steeler fans."

what?

JBucc
04-20-2006, 07:38 PM
So I was watching Emeril the other day and he had some little crabs he was gonna fry up but I didn't catch what they looked like. I'd like to see that one again but I'm not sure if Emeril Live ever had reruns.

blueballs
04-20-2006, 07:39 PM
one trick

Dunit35
04-20-2006, 07:40 PM
I am getting ready to eat two beef taco hot pockets and two ham and cheese hot pockets.

blueballs
04-20-2006, 07:40 PM
pony

4th and Long
04-20-2006, 07:42 PM
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/3303/wiggum1cn.png
My cat's breath smells like cat food.

Logical
04-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Obviously you have not heard, you are on the wrong BB. I suggest you call chiefsfaninca perhaps he can help you in your quest.

j/k ....ok not really

Bacon Cheeseburger
04-20-2006, 07:47 PM
I'm going to fry up some of the morel mushrooms I found tonight.

Frazod
04-20-2006, 07:48 PM
I don't want to talk about last night's date, or some new recipe. I'm dying to talk football, and can't wait for September. So I gotta say what I've been itching to say all spring.. I know some of this his rehash, but like I said, I gotta talk.

The Steeler Superbowl win has to be unsatisfying to Steeler fans.

The championship game will forever be tarnished as one marked with at best, questionable calls that legitimately influenced the game.

Most people quietly suspect the Steelers would have never gotten out of Cincinnatti alive if Palmer hadn't gotten hurt.

There. I said it.

It's hard knowing if the $tealer$ themselves actually paid off the refs, or if that clearly bent officiating was just an edict from the league that Fat Ass would win the Super Bowl in his home town for that Extra Special Warm and Fuzzy Moment (at least after St. Manning crapped himself again).

Of course, we all know the Broncos actively cheated to win a Super Bowl, and you certainly don't hear any of their fans complaining about it.

But then again Pittsburgh fans might have souls.

Adept Havelock
04-20-2006, 07:50 PM
I like you. When the world is mine your death shall be quick and painless.

Dunit35
04-20-2006, 07:57 PM
There'll be plenty to talk about next weekend.

My hot pockets were breath taking.

JBucc
04-20-2006, 08:00 PM
There'll be plenty to talk about next weekend.

My hot pockets were breath taking.I like the breakfast lean pockets with sausage and egg and cheese. Yum.

Hydrae
04-20-2006, 08:01 PM
Braunschweiger

Dunit35
04-20-2006, 08:03 PM
I like the breakfast lean pockets with sausage and egg and cheese. Yum.

Never had them. Sounds pretty damn good though.

SPchief
04-20-2006, 08:03 PM
I'm trying to decide wether or not to go to the bar.

So many questions though.

Can I afford it?
Will there be people there that I know?
I have to be up in the morning, should I take the risk that I'll be hungover??

Bacon Cheeseburger
04-20-2006, 08:05 PM
Braunschweiger
:Lin:
You don't really eat that stuff, do you?

Aries Walker
04-20-2006, 08:11 PM
The Steelers fans I know are quite happy that they won. They all seem very satisfied to me. And I think Cincinnati was overrated.

sd4chiefs
04-20-2006, 08:16 PM
The Royals suck.

sedated
04-20-2006, 08:18 PM
I like the breakfast lean pockets with sausage and egg and cheese. Yum.

Nothing gets you ready for work quite like a JagerBomb

beer bacon
04-20-2006, 08:19 PM
The Steelers fans I know are quite happy that they won. They all seem very satisfied to me. And I think Cincinnati was overrated.

Cincinnati was definately overrated. 2003 Chiefs-lite.

Phobia
04-20-2006, 08:25 PM
I'm trying to decide wether or not to go to the bar.

So many questions though.

Can I afford it?
Will there be people there that I know?
I have to be up in the morning, should I take the risk that I'll be hungover??

Which bar? Are you still in Raytown?

SPchief
04-20-2006, 08:26 PM
still in raytown

thinking about wild wings

Phobia
04-20-2006, 08:29 PM
still in raytown

thinking about wild wings

Dude - I live there - nearly.

You goin up there? I'm feeling thirsty.

SPchief
04-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Dude - I live there - nearly.

You goin up there? I'm feeling thirsty.

Still trying to figure out if I want to go or not.

Phobia
04-20-2006, 08:33 PM
If you go, drop me a call on my cell. I'll meet you for a beer. If not, I'll stay home and drink water.

4th and Long
04-20-2006, 08:41 PM
Still trying to figure out if I want to go or not.
You should go and hook up with Phil becuase, as he said just a few days ago:
I love you - in a gay way.

58-4ever
04-20-2006, 08:46 PM

ROFL I guess it depends what he is thirsty for.

Phobia
04-20-2006, 09:02 PM

I'm not gay today though.

Hydrae
04-20-2006, 09:22 PM
:Lin:
You don't really eat that stuff, do you?

Just finished two sandwiches (with bread, Miracle Whip and Braunschwieger bought at Wal-Mart). :)

ChiefsFire
04-20-2006, 10:17 PM
Just finished two sandwiches (with bread, Miracle Whip and Braunschwieger bought at Wal-Mart). :)
those are awesome...throw a slice of yellow cheese on there and some cool ranch doritos on the side....

Nzoner
04-20-2006, 10:23 PM
I am getting ready to eat two beef taco hot pockets and two ham and cheese hot pockets.

Crown and coke man my ass,you been celebrating four-two-oh

Mr. Kotter
04-20-2006, 11:30 PM
:)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=139316

Taco John
04-20-2006, 11:32 PM
I'm telling you... This is a great Monte Cristo recipe! If you've got a hankering for a mean sandwhich that packs a punch, this is it:

http://brunch.allrecipes.com/az/55409.asp

Share one with your date this weekend!

greg63
04-20-2006, 11:35 PM
Dying to Talk Football

How's this:

Football Football Football Football Football Football!

listopencil
04-20-2006, 11:35 PM
What's the deal with morel mushrooms? Are they really good? I like mushrooms but I just go to the grocery store and buy whatever. My big decision is to get them whole or sliced.

big nasty kcnut
04-20-2006, 11:36 PM
Come on yeah that was a bad call. So what i rather have them win then a old afc west foe win. j/k joe seahawk beside what really matter is this open the chance that offical have to get better equip. to rules on those kind of play.

Taco John
04-20-2006, 11:38 PM
What's the deal with morel mushrooms? Are they really good? I like mushrooms but I just go to the grocery store and buy whatever. My big decision is to get them whole or sliced.

I like the convenience of buying them sliced, but when I think about just how easy it is to cut up a mushroom, it makes me feel like an American a-hole. I'm such a sucker for convenience.

Bacon Cheeseburger
04-20-2006, 11:42 PM
They only grow wild for a few weeks a year, no one's ever figured out how to commercially grow them. They're pretty damn good, similar in taste & texture to a portabello.

cdcox
04-20-2006, 11:46 PM

I use baby portabellas in place of monterey (regular) mushrooms. Really makes a difference. Wild mushroomes (Chantrels, morel, etc) are a whole 'nother world, but too expensive to use on most occasions. Morels are so high that picking them wild is the only sensible way to get them.

listopencil
04-20-2006, 11:52 PM
I like the convenience of buying them sliced, but when I think about just how easy it is to cut up a mushroom, it makes me feel like an American a-hole. I'm such a sucker for convenience.

I know, same here. But I'll go for it if the price is similar.

They only grow wild for a few weeks a year, no one's ever figured out how to commercially grow them. They're pretty damn good, similar in taste & texture to a portabello.

That's interesting. Now I want to try them.

I use baby portabellas in place of monterey (regular) mushrooms. Really makes a difference. Wild mushroomes (Chantrels, morel, etc) are a whole 'nother world, but too expensive to use on most occasions. Morels are so high that picking them wild is the only sensible way to get them.

I haven't tried anything other than the "normal" ones at my grocery store. I'd like to try the others but I don't trust my ability to pick safe ones. I might splurge just to taste the difference.

cdcox
04-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Morels have a destinctive appearance. There are no toadstools that look like them.

Try the small portabellas in any dish that you would normally use regular mushrooms in. They're great, and only marginally more expensive than regular ones.

listopencil
04-20-2006, 11:58 PM
Morels have a destinctive appearance. There are no toadstools that look like them.

Try the small portabellas in any dish that you would normally use regular mushrooms in. They're great, and only marginally more expensive than regular ones.

Thanks, I'll try it.

Taco John
04-21-2006, 12:04 AM
The thing I love about mushrooms is how they suck flavor from the things they're cooked with and take it on as it's own unique flavor. They just make my meals explode with goodness. I've been on a philly steak binge the last month or so... They're so easy to make, and the taste is a knockout!

listopencil
04-21-2006, 12:05 AM
I love to saute them in butter with garlic, salt and white pepper. Then just add them to almost anything.

Taco John
04-21-2006, 12:07 AM
I've got a FANTASTIC recipe base for a cream of spinach soup that I've translated over to cream of Asapragus... I think I'm going to get bold and see what it will do for a mushroom soup. Man, you find a recipe for a good soup base, and the world is your oyster...

Hmmmm... oyster, eh?

listopencil
04-21-2006, 12:08 AM
I've got a FANTASTIC recipe base for a cream of spinach soup that I've translated over to cream of Asapragus... I think I'm going to get bold and see what it will do for a mushroom soup. Man, you find a recipe for a good soup base, and the world is your oyster...

Hmmmm... oyster, eh?

So are you going to post that recipe for a good soup base?

Taco John
04-21-2006, 12:13 AM
It's delectable:

http://soup.allrecipes.com/az/CreamSpinachSoup.asp

Only instead of flour, I use potato flakes... You can find some really good potato flakes that are seasoned up... I like the ones that have garlic in them. Also, instead of 3 cups milk, I use 1/2 cup of heavy cream and 1/2 cup of milk. It gives it great consistency... Finally, in the base, I add white pepper, chopped garlic, dried chives, and pepper... Top it with some shredded Mexican blend cheese... It's a knockout!

Seriously dude. Even if you think you hate spinach. Great recipe

listopencil
04-21-2006, 12:18 AM
It's delectable:

http://soup.allrecipes.com/az/CreamSpinachSoup.asp

Only instead of flour, I use potato flakes... You can find some really good potato flakes that are seasoned up... I like the ones that have garlic in them. Also, instead of 3 cups milk, I use 1/2 cup of heavy cream and 1/2 cup of milk. It gives it great consistency... Finally, in the base, I add white pepper, chopped garlic, dried chives, and pepper... Top it with some shredded Mexican blend cheese... It's a knockout!

Seriously dude. Even if you think you hate spinach. Great recipe

No, I like spinach. My youngest son (8 years old) is the only one in the family that doesn't. I'm going to have to try it.