PDA

View Full Version : If the Chiefs were as pathetic as the Royals...

SNR
04-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Would you be as intense as you are right now?

Short Leash Hootie
04-20-2006, 09:33 PM
well right now I'm trying to rub one out...so yes.

nychief
04-20-2006, 09:40 PM
I"M NOT INTENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Nzoner
04-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Unfortunately after 13 years as a season ticket holder my intensity has drained somewhat(of course it always does in the offseason)in fact so much so I decided not to renew this year.

This could get interesting as the season draws closer.

KCChiefsMan
04-20-2006, 09:44 PM
well right now I'm trying to rub one out...so yes.

dear lord.. :shake:

HemiEd
04-20-2006, 09:47 PM
During the 70s and early 80s they pretty much were. I was a diehard then to. Glass has pretty much diluted my hope for the Royals though. At least the Chiefs have had a good owner throughout their history IMO.

nychief
04-20-2006, 09:49 PM
During the 70s and early 80s they pretty much were. I was a diehard then to. Glass has pretty much diluted my hope for the Royals though. At least the Chiefs have had a good owner throughout their history IMO.

Dear Lord, the Art Still years.

HemiEd
04-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Dear Lord, the Art Still years.

He was the man, and so was Bill Kenney. After that it dropped of kind of sharply.

Nzoner
04-20-2006, 09:58 PM
During the 70s and early 80s they pretty much were. I was a diehard then to.

I remember going to Arrowhead and partying until just before kick-off and walking up to the window and buying decent seats.I have a couple of clients that weren't living here then and they still don't believe me.

nychief
04-20-2006, 09:58 PM
He was the man, and so was Bill Kenney. After that it dropped of kind of sharply.

Art, yes. Bill, not so much. Bill was the last player drafted in the 1978 draft by the dolphins, so I guess he exceeded expectations. But I was okay with him never wearing a chiefs uniform again.

DINO HACKETT.

HemiEd
04-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Art, yes. Bill, not so much. Bill was the last player drafted in the 1978 draft by the dolphins, so I guess he exceeded expectations. But I was okay with him never wearing a chiefs uniform again.

DINO HACKETT.
Yep on Dino Hackett.
Bill had that one year, he pretty much did it on his own. If they would have left him in the whole final game, he could have broken Marino's record at the time. He was a warrior, getting hit like Carr does now.

Then there was the Joe Delaney catastrophe.

ChiefsCountry
04-20-2006, 11:45 PM
I remember going to Arrowhead and partying until just before kick-off and walking up to the window and buying decent seats.I have a couple of clients that weren't living here then and they still don't believe me.

My family used to have 8 50 yard line tickets in the 80's and couldnt give them away. Got rid of them in 1989. :banghead:

jspchief
04-21-2006, 06:49 AM
Actually, I would probably enjoy myself more if they sucked. I wouldn't take it so seriously.

Kind of like Cubs fans. It's about the fun, and winning is just gravy.

Nzoner
04-21-2006, 08:45 AM
Actually, I would probably enjoy myself more if they sucked.

I'd think that would be a little difficult seeing that your married to a bronco fan.

greg63
04-21-2006, 08:58 AM
If the Chiefs were as pathetic as the Royals...

BLASPHEMY!!!

chiefqueen
04-21-2006, 09:01 AM
We would be intensely debating whether we should draft Reggie Bush, Vince Young, or Matt Lienhart with the first overall pick.

KCTitus
04-21-2006, 09:29 AM
84-87, when I first started watching the Chiefs, they sucked terribly. I watched the games and watched ESPN's GameDay before each week...ahh, the good old days.

The only difference between then and now, is I didnt have Internet access to get onto the Planet and vent my frustrations with the team and Carl.

joesomebody
04-21-2006, 10:18 AM
In my heart I say yes I would... but in all honesty I do stop getting as Psyched up for the games when we are doing extremely poorly. I still watch, and hope we'll win... draft be damned, but I do lose intensity.

I would never cheer for another team though. If the Chiefs moved from Kansas City I don't know what I would do as far as the NFL goes.

Nzoner
04-21-2006, 10:23 AM
I would never cheer for another team though. If they Chiefs moved from Kansas City I don't know what I would do as far as the NFL goes.

Just my .02 but this is one of the reasons I love fantasy football,if KC sucks and is out of the race I can still follow the game I love via the players on my own personal team.

Fish
04-21-2006, 10:27 AM
I'd still be just as excited.... I'd just drink more...

Frazod
04-21-2006, 11:05 AM
No. I require my teams to show up and provide me with a reasonable expectation of success. If they don't, f#ck 'em. A bad couple of years I can deal with - not a bad couple of decades. A team that has no interest in winning deserves neither loyalty nor support.

Just like the Royals, my interest wouldn't fade overnight, but it would fade.

Dartgod
04-21-2006, 11:10 AM
The only difference between then and now, is I didnt have Internet access to get onto the Planet and vent my frustrations with the team and Carl.That's too bad, he was really awful back then. Remember when he drafted Blackledge in the first round?

chiefqueen
04-21-2006, 11:28 AM
That's too bad, he was really awful back then. Remember when he drafted Blackledge in the first round?

Carl didfn't draft Blackledge............that was the 3 bungling fools (Miller, Steadman, Schaaf) doing. CP wasn't with KC until 89.

KCTitus
04-21-2006, 11:31 AM
That's too bad, he was really awful back then. Remember when he drafted Blackledge in the first round?

If only I had dial up so I could get onto the Planet and rant about what a waste of a draft pick that was! I knew, all along, that Blackledge out of the 5 QB's drafted the first round that year was a bust.

Typical Carl.

Dartgod
04-21-2006, 11:34 AM
Carl didfn't draft Blackledge............that was the 3 bungling fools (Miller, Steadman, Schaaf) doing. CP wasn't with KC until 89.
Ha!

Skip Towne
04-21-2006, 11:43 AM
Ha!
Yep. Just another know nothing n00b.

Skip Towne
04-21-2006, 11:45 AM
I for damn sure believe you. I was a season ticket holder in 1987 and the attendance was usually about 20,000. It was only full for the Fade and Donx.

chiefqueen
04-21-2006, 11:52 AM
I for damn sure believe you. I was a season ticket older in 1987 and the attendance was usually about 20,000. It was only full for the Fade and Donx.

Back in the '80s the Donx routinely requested the NFL schedule their game in KC during Nov. because several thousand from CO were in KC for the American Royal.

alpha_omega
04-21-2006, 12:09 PM
If the Chiefs were 2-12 (like the Royals), i would be intensely upset!

But it would make for interesting draft talk.