PDA

View Full Version : NFT: Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sully
04-21-2006, 07:56 AM
I know there are a small group of us that are into this. With the playoffs starting tonight I am already feeling a little crazed. So here is a thread we can use to keep it all together and not clutter the Planet with threads everytime we have a new playoff thought.
Thanks to those hockey haters for your toleration.

I'm looking for a bracket to post, but have yet to find a decent one.

Sully
04-21-2006, 07:57 AM
As for my Wings:
They went through the regular season like a hot knife through butter, and I think it will take a little bit for them to get into the next gear for the second season.
Against Edmonton, I say... Wings in 6.

morphius
04-21-2006, 08:02 AM
Isn't the Presidents trophy bad luck?

Sully
04-21-2006, 08:04 AM
Only for the Blues.

Actually, before the game against the Stars, they presented the team with the President's Trophy, and the guys went out for the photographs, etc. They refused tot ouch it. They stood, very uncomfortably looking, right next to it, but wouldn't touch it at all.

chiefqueen
04-21-2006, 08:06 AM
Is it even on TV?

Deberg_1990
Whats Hockey?? Ive never heard of this sport????

Sully
I'm sure most of it is on TV. I have the NHL package, though. So I haven't bothered to check.

morphius
04-21-2006, 08:08 AM
Only for the Blues.

Actually, before the game against the Stars, they presented the team with the President's Trophy, and the guys went out for the photographs, etc. They refused tot ouch it. They stood, very uncomfortably looking, right next to it, but wouldn't touch it at all.
I think thats pretty normal in hockey now, I don't think anyone ever touches that one any more.

morphius
04-21-2006, 08:09 AM
Whats Hockey?? Ive never heard of this sport????
Throw in some good hard rock, turn down the announcers and just watch.

Deberg_1990
04-21-2006, 08:13 AM
Its funny, Hockey is kind of like Soccer. They are both extremely polarizing. You are either very passionate about it or dont like it at all. There seems to be no in between. You can have casual viewers of NBA, MLB and NFL, but not NHL.

morphius
04-21-2006, 08:15 AM
Its funny, Hockey is kind of like Soccer. They are both extremely polarizing. You are either very passionate about it or dont like it at all. There seems to be no in between. You can have casual viewers of NBA, MLB and NFL, but not NHL.
I don't know, I think the NBA is the same way.

Hockey is also kind of like football, lots of good hits.

Sully
04-21-2006, 08:18 AM
I agree DeBerg.
That's why I think between NBA and NHL, KC should get NHL. Once you are hooked on the NHL, you are hooked and loyal.
With the cassualness of being an NBA fan, if the team is poor, you have too many alternatives in this area.

Deberg_1990
04-21-2006, 08:18 AM
I don't know, I think the NBA is the same way.

Hockey is also kind of like football, lots of good hits.

Its hard for me to watch. Skip Bayliss puts it best. Its "organized chaos"

Sully
04-21-2006, 08:24 AM

Although I hate Bayless, he's right about that, but not about it being a bad game.

I guess it's just the difference between liking organized chaos or not. It's chaos in that there is a lot of ad-libbing and unpredictability. but it is organized in that there are plays run, and definite techniques. There is a beautiful texture to the play, once you really watch it.

morphius
04-21-2006, 08:30 AM
So is a fast break in basketball, but I doubt he bitches about that when someone finishes off with a dunk.

I'm just saying...

Deberg_1990
04-21-2006, 08:43 AM
So is a fast break in basketball, but I doubt he bitches about that when someone finishes off with a dunk.

I'm just saying...

The primary difference between Basketball and Hockey, is you are not allowed to just mug the guy when he has the ball in his hands. Its a foul. in Hockey, you can bump the guy with the puck all day long.

morphius
04-21-2006, 08:47 AM
The primary difference between Basketball and Hockey, is you are not allowed to just mug the guy when he has the ball in his hands. Its a foul. in Hockey, you can bump the guy with the puck all day long.
Unless you are in a circle under the basket and have the ball...

The only realy big difference between the two is one it is easier to score, which apeases the people that have to see a score every minute to get enjoyment out of the game.

ROYC75
04-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Hockey, let's see what I know about it.

You have a goalie, he wears a mask.
They use a puck.
They have sticks to slap or beat the snot out of each other.
If that doesn't work, they fight.
They trip each other.
They have 2 nets, one on each end of the rink.
They use ice skates.
I think they have 3 periods a game. :eek:( damn a woman has 1 a month )

The last damn hockey game I watched was the miracle on ice......

Other than that, I got nothing for ya..............

Sully
04-21-2006, 08:54 AM
Interesting comment on the NHL Playoffs from Terry Frei at espn.com.
I'm not sure I totally agree, but he does make an interesting point. I still think the NFL is better, even though there is a wait. But the NHL is a close second.

It also is one of the obvious and often-cited reasons the NHL playoffs are the best postseason in professional sports. The schedule's generally every-other-day relentlessness, with a far higher physical toll and mental strain, beats the heck out of the NBA, where rounds sometimes seem to take a month, and the NFL, where the pressure builds to a weekly crescendo. (MLB continues its daily grind, except in this case the postseason games last a mind-numbing four hours and 22 minutes, instead of the usual three hours and 51 minutes, and Tim McCarver still talks through every game he's working.)

morphius
04-21-2006, 08:57 AM
Interesting comment on the NHL Playoffs from Terry Frei at espn.com.
I'm not sure I totally agree, but he does make an interesting point. I still think the NFL is better, even though there is a wait. But the NHL is a close second.
I would say that the NFL playoffs are better, just because its one and done, so every game is the most important game those two teams will play up until that point.

But it is more fun to watch then the NBA and the MLB.

chiefqueen
04-21-2006, 08:59 AM
Serious question folks............

Are overtimes in the playoffs like they have always been (keep playing until somebody score) or is it now a penalty shot shoot out as well?

Sully
04-21-2006, 09:00 AM
I enjoy it all. The more I think about it, the sillier it sounds to even try and compare any of them, as they are all great in their own way.
But the comparison does bring forth a couple of the great things that are part of the NHL's

Sully
04-21-2006, 09:00 AM

Are overtimes in the playoffs like they have always been (keep playing until somebody score) or is it now a penalty shot shoot out as well?

In the playoffs it's back to the way it has always been.

morphius
04-21-2006, 09:01 AM

I have been wondering the same thing, I doubt they changed it though.

That game a couple years ago that went 5 OT's (is that right?) was fun to watch. Both teams just worn completely out using all of their will to score the final goal.

chiefqueen
04-21-2006, 09:04 AM
I have been wondering the same thing, I doubt they changed it though.

That game a couple years ago that went 5 OT's (is that right?) was fun to watch. Both teams just worn completely out using all of their will to score the final goal.

I remember Easter Sunday in my Senior year of college watching a game 7 that went 5 OTs. (1987)

Sully
04-21-2006, 09:07 AM
Overtime is amazing in the playoffs.
You are on the edge of your seat every second, as a goal could end it anywhere. It can get exhausting, because you are amped up for so long. But it is worth the thrill.

chagrin
04-21-2006, 09:12 AM
Only for the Blues.

Actually, your 10 or 15 Stanley Cups not withstanding, the President's trophy has been bad luck for the Wings as well.

Sully
04-21-2006, 09:30 AM
I know. It was an unfair cheap-shot directed at teh Blues. Making the playoffs is bad luck for them.

You are right about the bad luck for the Wings. Of the last 4 times they have won it, they've won the Cup once. But they made it to, at least, the conference finals each time, so it's not like the Chiefs and 13-3.

Of the last 6 teams to win the President's trophy, 3 have won the Cup. Before that, it wasn't nearly as high a percentage.

BIG_DADDY
04-21-2006, 09:31 AM
GO SHARKS!!!!!

Jilly
04-21-2006, 09:32 AM
I love Hockey. But I will have to say that in the regular season, i rarely watch it. But when the playoffs start, I can't wait. The game steps up a few notches, except there aren't as many fights. I think it's like any sport though, to really get into it, you have to devote some time to understanding it.

Cave Johnson
04-21-2006, 09:35 AM
GO SHARKS!!!!!

Go Preds. I've got lower level seats in Nashville tonight.

Sully
04-21-2006, 09:37 AM
WHo is gonna be in goal for the Preds?
That's gotta have you worried.

BIG_DADDY
04-21-2006, 09:42 AM
Go Preds. I've got lower level seats in Nashville tonight.

**** you guys get all the good weekend games. :cuss: Playoff tickets are very expensive here but I have a friend who has always been able to hook me up for face value. I am hoping this year will not be an exception. Sharks are rolling right now. Should be a good fun.

Fish
04-21-2006, 09:58 AM
Playoff hockey is almost my favorite time of the year..... too bad I sit around and yell at the TV all by myself....

Sully
04-21-2006, 10:00 AM
Playoff hockey is almost my favorite time of the year..... too bad I sit around and yell at the TV all by myself....

If you weren't an Avs fan, I'd invite you over for beer and cards.
But, alas, it was meant to be that I hate you.

morphius
04-21-2006, 10:11 AM
The first time KCWolfman and I got together was an Av's Wings game, pretty sure it was a playoff game. I sort of felt bad because he fixed a damn nice steak dinner, had me over to his house, I got to meet his family, and then my team beat the Wings in OT.

Fish
04-21-2006, 10:11 AM

Hehe.... yeah I was thinking the same thing..... I once made a bumper sticker out of 2 seperate bumper stickers that said "F*ck the Detroit Red Wings" No offense to you... or your evil, cheating, low-down, despicable, lousy, wannabe, horrible, no-good, poor excuse for a hockey team...... :D

Such is the ways of the playoffs........

Game on......

Sully
04-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Hehe.... yeah I was thinking the same thing..... I once made a bumper sticker out of 2 seperate bumper stickers that said "F*ck the Detroit Red Wings" No offense to you... or your evil, cheating, low-down, despicable, lousy, wannabe, horrible, no-good, poor excuse for a hockey team...... :D

Such is the ways of the playoffs........

Game on......

Interesting that an Avs fan would use these terms, when all I have to use is 2 words.....

Claude Lemieux.

QuikSsurfer
04-21-2006, 10:20 AM
the big time is tomorrow.. stars - avs game 1
it's gonna be a bloodbath

Fish
04-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Interesting that an Avs fan would use these terms, when all I have to use is 2 words.....

Claude Lemieux.

Ahhh Jeez..... did you have to? 4 Measly little years.... and Lacroix didn't even ask me before bringing him in....

QuikSsurfer
04-21-2006, 10:23 AM

Claude Lemieux.
ROFL

Sully
04-21-2006, 11:25 AM
http://www.magicalrealmsent.com/hockey/2005-2006_RegularSeason-LQ.mpg

Brendan Shanahan is a bad mother ****er!!
Pavel Datsyuk, at one point in that video, makes a goalie look worse than I've ever seen a goalie look.

Cave Johnson
04-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Who is gonna be in goal for the Preds?
That's gotta have you worried.

Good question. Looks like Mason is hot, though. This will be my first hockey game of the season, as the local team (Blues) imploded this year. I'm actually more of a 'Ning fan.

We were trying to decide between the music festival (My Morning Jacket, Clap Your Hands) at Vandy or the Preds game. The decision pretty much made itself, as it's supposed to rain and we're getting the tickets at 2/3's of face.

Fish
04-21-2006, 12:04 PM
QuickSSSSsurfer.... I see you got your sig back.... why'd you have to go and ruin it already??

Chiefnj
04-21-2006, 12:09 PM

Claude Lemieux.

One of the great New Jersey Devils.

F the Rangers.

CanadianChief
04-21-2006, 12:18 PM
Go Habs Go!!!

Too bad the Canes will put them out in five games.

I'd have to say it'll be the Sharks vs the Devils in the Stanley cup with the Sharks taking it in six.

Sully
04-21-2006, 12:41 PM
One of the great New Jersey Devils.

F the Rangers.

He played great in that series.
However, after the cheapshot he layed on Kris Draper, he deserves teh respect of no one. Draper could have been killed or paralyzed, much like what Bertuzzi did, but it didn't make nearly the news, even though it was arguably a more cheap shot than Bert's.

Chiefnj
04-21-2006, 01:02 PM
However, after the cheapshot he layed on Kris Draper, he deserves teh respect of no one. Draper could have been killed or paralyzed, much like what Bertuzzi did, but it didn't make nearly the news, even though it was arguably a more cheap shot than Bert's.

See what happens to players when they leave a class organization like the Devils to go play in a city like Denver?

At least it set up one of the biggest bitter rivalries in sports history.

Fish
04-21-2006, 01:06 PM

Understand that in no way whatsoever am I defending Lemieux. As an Avs fan, I still felt what he did was cheap and totally devoid of class. He left a tarnish on several good years of Avs hockey.

But, honestly I don't think it was as intentional as what Bertuzzi did to Moore.

Let me reiterate.... Lemieux was a total POS. Not good for the game at all. But I think the way Bertuzzi went after Moore, he deserves an asshole award first....

JMO...

chiefs4me
04-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Well boys and girls it's that time of the year, hold on to your seats........

tonights games include
Lighting at Senators
Oilers at Wings
Ducks at Flames
Sharks at Preds

Good Luck to the oilers and preds.....:thumb:

Go Stars..

chiefs4me
04-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Understand that in no way whatsoever am I defending Lemieux. As an Avs fan, I still felt what he did was cheap and totally devoid of class. He left a tarnish on several good years of Avs hockey.

But, honestly I don't think it was as intentional as what Bertuzzi did to Moore.

Let me reiterate.... Lemieux was a total POS. Not good for the game at all. But I think the way Bertuzzi went after Moore, he deserves an asshole award first....

JMO...

big nasty kcnut
04-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Go red wings I think for hockey to be more fun is to get rid of the damn offsides crap. This would show if the goalies are for real.

Bearcat
04-21-2006, 07:30 PM
I barely had to modify the countdown sig I used a couple of years ago.

To whoever asked if it was on tv.... yes, almost every game is on OLN or NBC... sucks for the NHL that it's not on ESPN, but.... eh.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=56453&stc=1

Over-Head
04-21-2006, 07:44 PM
Man I hate Hockey.
Imagine it.
A Canuck that hate’s hockey but love’s the Ra!ders?
(Hurl insults at will)

Bearcat
04-21-2006, 08:34 PM
Great period of OT for Detroit/Edmonton.

chiefs4me
04-21-2006, 10:09 PM
Great period of OT for Detroit/Edmonton.

Those wings are sorry, letting the oilers take them to 2 ot.....ROFL at least the fish lost..:clap:

morphius
04-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Man I hate Hockey.
Imagine it.
A Canuck that hate’s hockey but love’s the Ra!ders?
(Hurl insults at will)
Well, the fact that you are a Raiders fan speaks enough abot your intelligence to explain everything else :D

morphius
04-21-2006, 10:11 PM
The wings pretty much owned the Oilers the last 2.5 periods. The Oilers just looked worn out, and the Wings were just checking them with ease.

chiefs4me
04-21-2006, 10:17 PM
The wings pretty much owned the Oilers the last 2.5 periods. The Oilers just looked worn out, and the Wings were just checking them with ease.

we must of watched 2 different games, the game I saw had the wings losing most of the game....and how can you be a fan of those sneaky players anyway.......:cuss:

Sully
04-21-2006, 10:20 PM
Took an hour or so for the game to sink in. Playoff hockey is GREAT!!!
I was afraid that the Wings would come out and look bad, and my fears were realized. I think the fact that they had very few speedbumps during the regular season, and the fact that it's been 2 years since they've played in a playoff game made it hard on them. They came out and looked overconfident, and played like crap for 2+ periods. They couldn't complete 2 passes in a row for anything... it was embarassing.
But after they tied it, they owned the Oil. Shot after shot. Roloson played on his head, but when you withstand that many shots, one will eventually trickle in.

Gonna be a tough series against the young, fast, and feisty Oilers.

Sydd
04-21-2006, 10:34 PM
Those wings are sorry, letting the oilers take them to 2 ot.....ROFL at least the fish lost..:clap:

Hmm... and your team gave up a two goal lead to them the other night... how sorry is that? :p

unlurking
04-21-2006, 10:38 PM
Took an hour or so for the game to sink in. Playoff hockey is GREAT!!!
I was afraid that the Wings would come out and look bad, and my fears were realized. I think the fact that they had very few speedbumps during the regular season, and the fact that it's been 2 years since they've played in a playoff game made it hard on them. They came out and looked overconfident, and played like crap for 2+ periods. They couldn't complete 2 passes in a row for anything... it was embarassing.
But after they tied it, they owned the Oil. Shot after shot. Roloson played on his head, but when you withstand that many shots, one will eventually trickle in.

Gonna be a tough series against the young, fast, and feisty Oilers.
Yep.

Wings controlled the first period handedly, but looked like absolute shit in the second half. Picked it up a bit in the third, and totally DOMINATED the OT periods.

unlurking
04-21-2006, 10:39 PM
http://www.magicalrealmsent.com/hockey/2005-2006_RegularSeason-LQ.mpg

Brendan Shanahan is a bad mother ****er!!
Pavel Datsyuk, at one point in that video, makes a goalie look worse than I've ever seen a goalie look.
Some good vids on that site. Really like the way it was edited together.

And of course, LOVE this one!

http://www.magicalrealmsent.com/hockey/WingsAvsMarch26LQ.mpg

unlurking
04-21-2006, 10:41 PM
we must of watched 2 different games, the game I saw had the wings losing most of the game....and how can you be a fan of those sneaky players anyway.......:cuss:
Shut the hell up.

If you think the Wings were being handled, you really need to back to a sport you can handle, like bunko.

:shake:

chiefs4me
04-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Hmm... and your team gave up a two goal lead to them the other night... how sorry is that? :p

nanananaaaaa. go back and read all of my hockey posts, I never said we weren't sorry, and I also said Marty is not a playoff goalie........:harumph::D

chiefs4me
04-21-2006, 10:43 PM
Shut the hell up.

If you think the Wings were being handled, you really need to back to a sport you can handle, like bunko.

**** off asshole.....:rolleyes:

unlurking
04-21-2006, 10:46 PM

chiefs4me
04-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Hello - commatard on the loose.,

oh boy, how original.....:rolleyes:

Sully
04-22-2006, 06:40 AM
Some good vids on that site. Really like the way it was edited together.

And of course, LOVE this one!

http://www.magicalrealmsent.com/hockey/WingsAvsMarch26LQ.mpg

I can't tell you how many times I've watched that video. I love it when, just as McCarty is beatng the hell out of Lemieux, Roy gets completely clotheslined by my boy Shanny. Fantastic stuff.

I miss seeing McCarty in Detroit so bad. He was great to have around. Watching him score the OT Game winner in Calgary last night was good to see.

unlurking
04-22-2006, 09:59 AM
I can't tell you how many times I've watched that video. I love it when, just as McCarty is beatng the hell out of Lemieux, Roy gets completely clotheslined by my boy Shanny. Fantastic stuff.

I miss seeing McCarty in Detroit so bad. He was great to have around. Watching him score the OT Game winner in Calgary last night was good to see.
Yeah, McCarty was a serious fan favorite for several years. Lost his will to fight or even lay a solid hit over the last few, but I will always remember his fierceness from the lat 90's. Sad that a guy making that much money for a career files bankrupcy though. Lost a lot of respect for him because of that. Made him look like a spoiled athlete. :(

You see that Franzen hit last night on Harvey? I've been really starting to like this kid over the last part of the season. He's no Vlad, but he's laying some monster hits here and there. He kinda reminds me of a cross between Maltby and Draper. His wheels never stop, and he tends to get under the skin of the opposing team. Looked great last night too.

Bearcat
04-22-2006, 11:43 AM
I should get home just in time to rewind & watch the Avalanche/Stars before flipping over to the Flyers game.

There were some good games last night, and after NBC's Olympic coverage I'm actually looking forward to watching their playoff coverage.

The only series every ESPN "expert" agreed on is Dallas beating Colorado, which I thought was odd.... the Avalanche have been a hot goalie (and a little more defense) away from being really good all season, and a few shootout losses away from being a #4 or #5. :shrug:

Sully
04-22-2006, 03:28 PM
It's not going so well for the Stars. Up 2-0, then 5 unanswered?

Mar-Tee Tur-Co
clap-clap-clapclapclap

Honestly, I haven't really watched the game. What happened?

QuikSsurfer
04-22-2006, 05:33 PM
don't want to talk about it

QuikSsurfer
04-22-2006, 05:34 PM
QuickSSSSsurfer.... I see you got your sig back.... why'd you have to go and ruin it already??
lol
save it for game 2

chiefs4me
04-22-2006, 05:37 PM

Mar-Tee Tur-Co
clap-clap-clapclapclap

I'll tell you what happened...Marty Turco needs to stay in the freaking net, and watch the freaking puck........our defense needs to WAKE the **** up, and the offense needs to start scoring..........or it's gonna be bye bye stars in 5............:banghead::deevee::cuss::banghead:

Chiefnj
04-22-2006, 05:39 PM
1 down for the mighty Devils.

unlurking
04-22-2006, 06:23 PM
Hey C4M,

What the hell is this supposed to mean?!?!

Don't even try and tell me hockey pool boy

Don't know jack about football OR hockey do you?

morphius
04-22-2006, 06:28 PM
I sure did get to yell "GOOOOOOAL!!!" a lot more then I thought I would ;D

After given up some scores that were way too easy, just wide open nets, it was nice to see the Av's just keep the pressure up all three periods and just take the game. Its a long series, and I'm not about to count Dallas out, but it was damn nice getting to watch a team I root for getting a win in the playoff's.

Bearcat
04-22-2006, 06:50 PM
I'm a little over half way through the second, and it's 4-2... I haven't read anything, and I don't know the final.... but I just had a quick question..... can anyone play defense??? I've seen more cross-crease passes connect than I would if I was watching an All Star game. Turco might be flopping around a bit too much, but the first "good defense" goal was Blake's PP goal to go up 3-2, where Turco was screened. These goalies have no chance.

Bearcat
04-22-2006, 06:57 PM
Wow, the Avalanche really clamped down on that PP... and I think they said Dallas only had 6 shots??? Sounds really odd... looking forward to the 3rd :)

Bearcat
04-22-2006, 07:07 PM
5-2! No chance, Turco! PBJ

Bearcat
04-22-2006, 07:41 PM

Mar-Tee Tur-Co
clap-clap-clapclapclap

There wasn't much defense for the first couple of periods (I know that's obvious by the score... I mean the goalies were doing just about all they could), even though I'm surprised the Stars only had 9 shots in 2 periods. It was up and down enough that it seemed like they were getting more chances.

Dallas' defense was awful... Turco made a a mistake or two, especially on one play where he just hung out at the side of the net, but he really had no chance to win this game. He had to put up with cross-slot/crease shots all day on even strength, and also didn't stand much of a chance when he was screened on Blakes PP goal.

I really wish the Avalanche had taken advantage of their 5 on 3, even if they didn't have to... I hope Rob Blake saw the boarding on Joe Sakic ;)

Theodore was good... he didn't have much a chance on either of the goals he gave up, either.

It was a fun game to watch.... I haven't watched much "New NHL" the number of penalties is sort of new to me.

chiefs4me
04-22-2006, 07:46 PM
I sure did get to yell "GOOOOOOAL!!!" a lot more then I thought I would ;D

After given up some scores that were way too easy, just wide open nets, it was nice to see the Av's just keep the pressure up all three periods and just take the game. Its a long series, and I'm not about to count Dallas out, but it was damn nice getting to watch a team I root for getting a win in the playoff's.

I hate you

chiefs4me
04-22-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm a little over half way through the second, and it's 4-2... I haven't read anything, and I don't know the final.... but I just had a quick question..... can anyone play defense??? I've seen more cross-crease passes connect than I would if I was watching an All Star game. Turco might be flopping around a bit too much, but the first "good defense" goal was Blake's PP goal to go up 3-2, where Turco was screened. These goalies have no chance.

ahem yea, we left our D in the locker room today, and mikey, jason, and stu forgot the puck goes in the net, not the boards.......oh yea, marty decide to play behind the net today.....:rolleyes::deevee::banghead::banghead::cuss:

Bearcat
04-22-2006, 07:59 PM
ahem yea, we left our D in the locker room today, and mikey, jason, and stu forgot the puck goes in the net, not the boards.......oh yea, marty decide to play behind the net today.....:rolleyes::deevee::banghead::banghead::cuss:

I really wouldn't blame Turco... he was only lazy getting back that one time... I know he'll be a goat, but that's what people do when a team gives up 5 goals, no matter how much help the goalie gets.

On the opposite end, I'm happy for Theodore (don't get cocky... :# ), after not getting much help with the first two goals. He's a really easy goat, so I'm glad we could score a few goals for him.

chiefs4me
04-22-2006, 08:16 PM
I really wouldn't blame Turco... he was only lazy getting back that one time... I know he'll be a goat, but that's what people do when a team gives up 5 goals, no matter how much help the goalie gets.

On the opposite end, I'm happy for Theodore (don't get cocky... :# ), after not getting much help with the first two goals. He's a really easy goat, so I'm glad we could score a few goals for him.

Glad some one is happy..meanwhile, this sabre/flyers game in Ot is awesome..

Bearcat
04-22-2006, 08:26 PM
Glad some one is happy..meanwhile, this sabre/flyers game in Ot is awesome..
I'm starting the 3rd right now, and since I have so much work to do, I'm glad it made it to OT.... hopefully it goes on for a couple of more hours :)

edit.... and I hope the GW's name rhymes with Schmorsburg.

Otter
04-22-2006, 08:31 PM
WOW!!! Anyone watching Flyers vs. Sabers?

If they don't win this after what they just came back from I'm gonna be pissed.

:cuss:

Chiefs Express
04-22-2006, 08:43 PM
I worked for the Flyers in 1976. I guess I'll have to catch a game or two during the playoffs.

Hockey is not typically my preferred sport.

Otter
04-22-2006, 09:31 PM
All my teams are jinxed

Bearcat
04-22-2006, 09:53 PM
There's been some really good hockey to start the playoffs.

I'm torn with the Sabres/Flyers.... there's Forsberg, but I also really like Chris Drury, too.

Looking forward to tomorrow.... hopefully the Oilers can even it up :)

Sully
04-23-2006, 07:55 AM
There's been some really good hockey to start the playoffs.

I'm torn with the Sabres/Flyers.... there's Forsberg, but I also really like Chris Drury, too.

Looking forward to tomorrow.... hopefully the Oilers can even it up :)

I feel the same as far as that series.
I hate Forsberg, but I hate Drury, too.

I do have a special place in my heart for the Flyers, though, as the Wings first Cup in this era was won with a sweep of them.

Sully
04-23-2006, 08:00 AM
The guy who runs letgowings.com always makes great wallpapers and distributes them among quite a few NHL fan sites. Here is a pic of this year's, and the link to the page so that if you want it for your desktop, you can download it.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34864

Dunit35
04-23-2006, 08:04 AM
The guy who runs letgowings.com always makes great wallpapers and distributes them among quite a few NHL fan sites. Here is a pic of this year's, and the link to the page so that if you want it for your desktop, you can download it.

Hockey definately isn't my thing but that is a pretty sweet wallpaper.

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 08:06 AM
I feel the same as far as that series.
I hate Forsberg, but I hate Drury, too.

I do have a special place in my heart for the Flyers, though, as the Wings first Cup in this era was won with a sweep of them.

Okay, so I'd never win the argument on why you hate Peter Forsberg... if it's jealousy, general spite, the diving to get attention, or the thought that it's stupid to constantly say "he's the best in the world when he's healthy", because he's never healthy.

But, but, but... Chris Drury?!?! How can you hate Chris Drury? Not only has he won at every level -- little league baseball, high school championship, NCAA hockey championship, and Stanley Cup -- he's done so in a quiet, professional, hard-working manner. I think Avalanche fans went a little nuts when he left, but he's such a character person and shows flashes of brilliance on the ice.

Sully
04-23-2006, 08:13 AM
Okay, so I'd never win the argument on why you hate Peter Forsberg... if it's jealousy, general spite, the diving to get attention, or the thought that it's stupid to constantly say "he's the best in the world when he's healthy", because he's never healthy.

But, but, but... Chris Drury?!?! How can you hate Chris Drury? Not only has he won at every level -- little league baseball, high school championship, NCAA hockey championship, and Stanley Cup -- he's done so in a quiet, professional, hard-working manner. I think Avalanche fans went a little nuts when he left, but he's such a character person and shows flashes of brilliance on the ice.

I hate him kinda for the same reason I hate Brenda Warner.
I know their story is great and all, but when it comes to Drury...
Do I need to see his little league baseball picture every time I watch him play? Do I need to hear about all his successes every time? He just sees to be overhyped, and I get tired of people kissing his ass like they do, when he's an above average player, but not yet a great player.

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 08:26 AM
I hate him kinda for the same reason I hate Brenda Warner.
I know their story is great and all, but when it comes to Drury...
Do I need to see his little league baseball picture every time I watch him play? Do I need to hear about all his successes every time? He just sees to be overhyped, and I get tired of people kissing his ass like they do, when he's an above average player, but not yet a great player.
Brenda Warner... wow, you couldn't have picked a better example for me, because I hate that b*tch. ROFL

I see your point.... the "winning at every level" was talked about a lot when he was with Colorado and Team USA in 2002, even though I haven't heard much about him since he went to Buffalo. He's not a great player in terms of stats, but, like Forsberg, I miss watching him play. The move he made last night (countered by an even better save) is one reason, but he'll also grind it out in the corners when the game is on the line (see: Chris Drury vs. 3 Desperate Russians Team USA vs. Russia in 2002).

chiefs4me
04-23-2006, 11:50 AM

well, let me rush right over and get a wings wallpaper.......:rolleyes: NOT ROFL

Let's Go oilers.....:clap:

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 11:52 AM
well, let me rush right over and get a wings wallpaper.......:rolleyes: NOT ROFL

Let's Go oilers.....:clap:

Did you look at it? :spock:

Erase the "Lets Go Wings" at the bottom, and it's a great photo.

chiefs4me
04-23-2006, 11:58 AM

I used to dislike him alot, but once he stopped wearing an avs jersey, and paired up with Hatch, he's not so bad.....:) Go Flyers.

chiefs4me
04-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Did you look at it? :spock:

Erase the "Lets Go Wings" at the bottom, and it's a great photo.

I looked at it, pretty good work,have you been listening to the announcers in this wings game?? I don't even know why we are having the playoffs, might as well give it to the wings right now, from what they say......:rolleyes:

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 12:04 PM
I looked at it, pretty good work,have you been listening to the announcers in this wings game?? I don't even know why we are having the playoffs, might as well give it to the wings right now, from what they say......:rolleyes:

I'm at work, but it's recording... it's on NBC today, correct? I've liked the OLN announcers the last couple of days, and thought we got a good pair on NBC with Colorado/Dallas.

It wasn't so bad 5 years ago, when announcers would drool over teams, but there's so much parity in every sport, it's really annoying when they get hung up on a team. Teams just don't walk through the playoffs anymore... no matter what sport.

chiefs4me
04-23-2006, 12:08 PM
I'm at work, but it's recording... it's on NBC today, correct? I've liked the OLN announcers the last couple of days, and thought we got a good pair on NBC with Colorado/Dallas.

It wasn't so bad 5 years ago, when announcers would drool over teams, but there's so much parity in every sport, it's really annoying when they get hung up on a team. Teams just don't walk through the playoffs anymore... no matter what sport.

so you don't know the score?? I won't tell you then, the fish and preds are on right now also..say Bear, who do you think will be the final 2???

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 12:52 PM
so you don't know the score?? I won't tell you then, the fish and preds are on right now also..say Bear, who do you think will be the final 2???

Yes, I'm trying to avoid it, thanks :) (not that it's hard around here, since no on cares about hockey). I'm trying to record & watch as much as possible, because I've hardly seen any hockey this season (watched more games during the Olympics than the entire NHL regular season).

That said, I don't have as good of a feel for the teams as previous seasons... New Jersey is almost too good to pass up in the East. They've been playing so well lately. In the West, I really thought Dallas would be the scary team.... they've played really well at home and on the road, but their defense just looked awful last night, so who knows.

I would like to see the Devils & Avalanche, who played a classic 7-game series in 2001 for the Cup (and of course, NJ & Dallas did it the year before).

Sully
04-23-2006, 01:38 PM

Sfeihc
04-23-2006, 02:02 PM

double ****

Get your foot out of the crease, Modanohoe!

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 02:02 PM

Woohoo! :p

I knew I was fighting with fire when I saw you were the last one to post, but I couldn't resist seeing who won, and was willing to take the risk that you didn't post the score. I'll now enjoy it no less than I would have already :)

chiefs4me
04-23-2006, 02:37 PM

the sky is falling..:p

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 02:55 PM
the sky is falling..:p

Better watch your sky, too ;)

chiefs4me
04-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Better watch your sky, too ;)

check out this hit today in the fish game......hope this works.

chiefs4me
04-23-2006, 04:03 PM
he landed in his own freaking bench.....ROFL

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 07:31 PM
check out this hit today in the fish game......hope this works.

:eek:

That's even better than the hit last night in the Flyers/Sabres game.

chiefs4me
04-23-2006, 07:38 PM
:eek:

That's even better than the hit last night in the Flyers/Sabres game.

It was awesome, and funny, because he almost broke his own freaking neck....have you watched the game's yet???:hmmm:

Skip Towne
04-23-2006, 07:41 PM
It was awesome, and funny, because he almost broke his own freaking neck....have you watched the game's yet???:hmmm:
I'm really getting into this. Did you see that squaffle off of that bizzle?

chiefs4me
04-23-2006, 07:43 PM
I'm really getting into this. Did you see that squaffle off of that bizzle?

ROFL...I must of missed it while I was getting a beer..

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 07:51 PM

I'm a little over half way into the 1st of Detroit/Edmonton... then I'll probably catch 2nd/3rd period of whatever is on now.

I'll keep a running commentary for our Red Wings fans :D

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 07:52 PM
I despise Chris Pronger, but GGGOOOOAAAALLLL!!!!

That's his second of the series :eek:

There's a long way to go though, so I'm sure they can fight back ROFL

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Wow, that's Detroit's 3rd weird goal of the series... 1-1.

chiefs4me
04-23-2006, 07:57 PM
I despise Chris Pronger, but GGGOOOOAAAALLLL!!!!

That's his second of the series :eek:

There's a long way to go though, so I'm sure they can fight back ROFL

what the hell are you so happy for, you aren't an oilers fan...ROFL

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 08:02 PM
what the hell are you so happy for, you aren't an oilers fan...ROFL

It's a Chiefs/Broncos/Raiders thing... my favorite teams are the Avalanche, whoever is playing the Red Wings, and whoever is playing the Blues (and the last two are extremely close).

Plus, if the Avalanche & Red Wings both win their series, they'll play each other in the next round, and the Avalanche have been horrible vs. the Red Wings this year... and it's obviously always good to avoid the high seeds when you're playing so many playoff games.

chiefs4me
04-23-2006, 08:21 PM

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 08:34 PM
2-2 PBJ

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 08:36 PM
What a shot by some guy I've never heard of! :eek:

Guess it wasn't as impressive on the replay, because it was through a screen, but still.... 3-2 :)

chiefs4me
04-23-2006, 08:40 PM
2-2 PBJ

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 08:41 PM
I cannot believe Peca hit the cross bar... you don't get gifts like that if your birthday is on Christmas. :shake:

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 08:45 PM
There's that p***y Pronger bringin' his weak D... Yzerman with a good move though and hit the post.

chiefs4me
04-23-2006, 08:46 PM
I cannot believe Peca hit the cross bar... you don't get gifts like that if your birthday is on Christmas. :shake:

the oilers played a very tight controlled game today, and the puck bounced their way every time...luck was on their side today..:)

chiefs4me
04-23-2006, 08:48 PM
There's that p***y Pronger bringin' his weak D... Yzerman with a good move though and hit the post.

Make sure you watch the interviews after the game, Pecca and Pronger both give one.....I'm thinking about joining the Pecca bandwagon...ROFL

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I haven't really been watching, but the Oilers look as good as they did the other night... Detroit's getting some chances now.

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 08:56 PM
Nice hustle by Bergeron, but he threw his stick when he didn't even have to.... more good chances...

Sully
04-23-2006, 08:57 PM
Yep. Penalty shot should've been called.
Still no excuses for the Wings. They acted like they've never seen a trap before.

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Yep. Penalty shot should've been called.
Still no excuses for the Wings. They acted like they've never seen a trap before.

In the end, by the time the stick was released, he was already on his backhand and it never affected the shot.

It's the fun thing about hockey... it's all about adjustments in the long series. Didn't the NBA used to have 5 game series in the first round like the NHL? I thought I remember the NHL being the only league that had 7 game series in each round, and I've always liked it that way.

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 09:08 PM
For a second I thought Roloson might score ROFL

That'll put it away, folks. PBJ

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Make sure you watch the interviews after the game, Pecca and Pronger both give one.....I'm thinking about joining the Pecca bandwagon...ROFL

One of my pet peeves of hockey is all the cliches... Pronger's "we scored more than them... they're just going in right now, and we'll take them".

Thank you Michael Peca, for actually contributing to the interview. I haven't heard much about him since the cheap shot he took by the Maple Leafs in the playoffs a few years ago... he doesn't look so good, but he's a hockey player :)

chiefs4me
04-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Are you watching the flames game...ROFL

Bearcat
04-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Are you watching the flames game...ROFL

Yeah, it's the beginning of the 2nd right now.. I don't care much about this one, even though I like Teemu Selanne.

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 06:56 AM
The Rangers/Devils is on at 6 and the Stars/Avalanche, 8... which means we'll miss at least the first half an hour. This would be the downside of not having ESPN/ESPN2/ESPN Classic/ESPNU/ESPNNews/ESPN+ at your fingertips :banghead:

Oh well... hopefully the first doesn't go into OT.

morphius
04-24-2006, 07:02 AM
The Rangers/Devils is on at 6 and the Stars/Avalanche, 8... which means we'll miss at least the first half an hour. This would be the downside of not having ESPN/ESPN2/ESPN Classic/ESPNU/ESPNNews/ESPN+ at your fingertips :banghead:

Maybe we will be lucky and that game will be considered "local" and they will switch over in our region?

I hate it, I have to be out tonight and I will probably miss the first hour of the game. Ugh.

BIG_DADDY
04-24-2006, 09:33 AM
Good to see the Sharks come back and take the 2nd game. GO SHARKS!!!

Chiefnj
04-24-2006, 09:48 AM

The Devils will have the game put away by the 2nd period and you will get to enjoy watching Jagr cry like a girl with his little limp left arm dangling like Rich Gannon after a hit from Tony Siragusa.

morphius
04-24-2006, 09:53 AM
The Devils will have the game put away by the 2nd period and you will get to enjoy watching Jagr cry like a girl with his little limp left arm dangling like Rich Gannon after a hit from Tony Siragusa.
My second and third favorite NHL teams are the Devils and the Pengiuns, no particular reason though. I don't hate anyone as much as the Wings, but the Rangers make it close because of all the money they spent on FA's to try an buy a championship. Of course it was great watching them do it and not make the playoff's, but it didn't make me hate them any less, and having the Devils destroy them, is well, priceless.

morphius
I think I'm babbeling again.

Fish
04-24-2006, 09:53 AM
it's gonna be bye bye stars in 5............:banghead::deevee::cuss::banghead:

You got that part right........................

Fish
04-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Rangers vs. Devils tonight.......

followed by Avs. vs Stars........

who's watching?

QuikSsurfer
04-24-2006, 04:13 PM
shit****.. blackout
also i have dish and OLN has rights to the stars/avs game tonight :(
WBAP 820 will have the audio feed

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 04:20 PM
Rangers vs. Devils tonight.......

followed by Avs. vs Stars........

who's watching?

I have some OLN Classic thing on now... then the Rangers Devils will be on..... and hopefully.... hopefully I'll be done with all my crap I need to do so I can pay attention to the Avalanche/Stars.

Or maybe I'll just watch it and then stay up all night..... Priorities.

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Jagr is out tonight.

Fish
04-24-2006, 04:45 PM
Or maybe I'll just watch it and then stay up all night..... Priorities.

That's what I like to hear......

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 05:23 PM
Nice pass.

Sully
04-24-2006, 05:34 PM
Nice deflection.

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 05:38 PM
I might have take my wish back about a NJ/Colorado rematch ;)

On a similar note, if there's one hidden talent I have, it's stick-eye coordination. I may not have had a rocket shot, and maybe I fall down a lot, but throw a puck at me, and I'll get a stick on it. :)

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 05:42 PM
4-0 Sabres over the Flyers in the first :eek:

Sorry, Otter :(

QuikSsurfer
04-24-2006, 05:43 PM
lol
yah, flyers are taking a beating.. only 2 more periods

Sully
04-24-2006, 05:44 PM
I might have take my wish back about a NJ/Colorado rematch ;)

On a similar note, if there's one hidden talent I have, it's stick-eye coordination. I may not have had a rocket shot, and maybe I fall down a lot, but throw a puck at me, and I'll get a stick on it. :)

I'll always regret that I never learned to play hockey. A few years back, when I was 23-24 years old, I took some skating lessons, inhopes of trying to catch on with one of the adult teams in the Metro area, just for something nw to try out. But I still can't skate very good at all. I'm trying to lose weight for my wedding, and I keep telling myself that as a gift for doing that I'll take more lessons next year.

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 06:12 PM
I'll always regret that I never learned to play hockey. A few years back, when I was 23-24 years old, I took some skating lessons, inhopes of trying to catch on with one of the adult teams in the Metro area, just for something nw to try out. But I still can't skate very good at all. I'm trying to lose weight for my wedding, and I keep telling myself that as a gift for doing that I'll take more lessons next year.

I had a little bit of interest in the NHL before learning to skate about 6 years ago, but it's really what caused me to fall in love with hockey.... seeing the conditioning and skill needed just so I could usually keep up with everyone else makes me defensive when people say hockey is just a bunch of thugs.

You can start baseball, football, basketball, etc; in high school and make it pro..... people that make it to the NHL start skating when they're old enough to walk.

It takes a lot of time to keep conditioned, but I hope to start playing again when I'm done with school. I'm not that good, but I'm absolutely fearless in pads and love diving around the rink.

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Nice save PBJ

Put it away Devils.... there's more hockey in 30!

Sully
04-24-2006, 06:36 PM
I switched to Carolina v Montreal. Much more entertaining.

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Wow... You have to go out and play that, Weeks!!

Not that I mind :)

chiefs4me
04-24-2006, 07:25 PM
You got that part right........................

%(/

chiefs4me
04-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Let's Go Stars..

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 07:31 PM
I'd say they should switch over to the Avalanche game because this one isn't close, but the other one isn't either.... 2-0 Avalanche ROFL

chiefs4me
04-24-2006, 07:36 PM
I'd say they should switch over to the Avalanche game because this one isn't close, but the other one isn't either.... 2-0 Avalanche ROFL

So, we only play nice when you wanna play nice, huh???:harumph:

DenverChief
04-24-2006, 07:36 PM
3-0 avs

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 07:43 PM
3-0 avs

I was just abou to ask if you've seen all of it so you can recap, but they just showed the goals..... looks like more of the same.... Turco getting no help.

Let's remember, folks, this is the only series (yes, only... someone picked Edmonton) all ESPN analysts could agree on. :p

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 07:45 PM
So, we only play nice when you wanna play nice, huh???:harumph:

I speak the truth, and I can't be responsible for the truth hurting.

Fish
04-24-2006, 08:09 PM
%(/

:loser:

3-0 Avs.....

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20060411/theo_86089.jpg

He's all like..... "sup bitches........"

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 08:12 PM
:loser:

3-0 Avs.....

He's all like..... "sup bitches........"

Based on the time you posted this, we can blame you for the goal :p

QuikSsurfer
04-24-2006, 08:14 PM
this is painful

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Ah, look who showed up to the ice hockey rink tonight....

QuikSsurfer
04-24-2006, 08:17 PM
GOAL!!!!!

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Nice turnaround, and exactly what you need to do when you're down.... crash the net and shoot the puck.

Fish
04-24-2006, 08:18 PM
.......and I totally spoke too soon.........

QuikSsurfer
04-24-2006, 08:19 PM
.......and I totally spoke too soon.........
"you'd keep ur mouth shut if u knew what was good for ya buddy"

Fish
04-24-2006, 08:21 PM
OK... that was total horseshit!

QuikSsurfer
04-24-2006, 08:22 PM
GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 08:22 PM
Okay, that was f****ing stupid.

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 08:23 PM
I don't get what the announcers are saying... the first two goals were great crash-the-net goals........ but the 3rd one is ridiculous.

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 08:44 PM
holycrapholycrapholycrap nice block holycrapholycrapholycrap

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 08:46 PM
I hope we get the speech this int that they got after 1.

QuikSsurfer
04-24-2006, 08:47 PM
my man #9

Fish
04-24-2006, 09:27 PM
Power play!! Power play!!! Power play!! Power play!!! Power play!! Power play!!!

Fish
04-24-2006, 09:29 PM
Horseshit slash....Horseshit slash....Horseshit slash....Horseshit slash....Horseshit slash....

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 09:30 PM
This game has gotten really boring... well, 4 on 3.. this could be interesting.

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Hmmm.. nope, still boring.

Fish
04-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Ahhhhahahahahahha....... score!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 09:42 PM
Holy crap... these guys have legs!

Fish
04-24-2006, 09:43 PM
Tie game bitches...... don'tcha love playoff hockey???

chiefs4me
04-24-2006, 09:43 PM
I speak the truth, and I can't be responsible for the truth hurting.

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 09:44 PM
Great tip by Clark... 1:30 away from being interesting again. Both teams need a nap.

Fish
04-24-2006, 09:45 PM
ohhh... that's bullshit......

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 09:45 PM

You sound like a Blues fan.... the puck went into the net.. it's the goalie's fault!!

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 09:47 PM
holycrapholycrapholycrapholycrapholycrapholycrapholycrapholycrap

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 09:47 PM
holycrap!holycrap!holycrap!holycrap!holycrap!holycrap!holycrap!holycrap!holycrap!

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 09:50 PM
Well, 3 goal lead or not, I expected the Stars to show up... they just didn't do it until the 2nd....... then we lost our legs, and I'm surprised we didn't lose 6-3.

2-0 would be huge going back home.... Get 'er done!

chiefs4me
04-24-2006, 09:51 PM
5 on 3 and they can't even score......:banghead:

Fish
04-24-2006, 09:53 PM
O.T. baby......... hell yeah..... this is what the playoffs are all about.......

Fish
04-24-2006, 09:55 PM
Here we go Avs......... O.T. baby........

chiefs4me
04-24-2006, 09:57 PM
O.T. baby......... hell yeah..... this is what the playoffs are all about.......

Happy, are we??:D

QuikSsurfer
04-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Here we go Avs......... O.T. baby........
who do u think will get the gw goal?? mike or jere?

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 09:58 PM
5 on 3 and they can't even score......:banghead:

A beach ball can only be slap-shot so fast...

chiefs4me
04-24-2006, 09:59 PM
who do u think will get the gw goal?? mike or jere?

:evil:

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Wolski

It'll be another Svatos moment. That'll piss y'all off.

chiefs4me
04-24-2006, 10:02 PM
A beach ball can only be slap-shot so fast...

:deevee:

Fish
04-24-2006, 10:04 PM
Happy, are we??:D

Tell me you don't love this shit... right now.... goal wins...... f*cking NHL playoffs..... this is what it's about..........

Go Avs!!!!!!!

QuikSsurfer
04-24-2006, 10:04 PM
Wolski

It'll be another Svatos moment. That'll piss y'all off.
wojtek only has one shot on goal tonight.

chiefs4me
04-24-2006, 10:07 PM
Tell me you don't love this shit... right now.... goal wins...... f*cking NHL playoffs..... this is what it's about..........

Go Avs!!!!!!!

:D PBJ

Fish
04-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Avs score!!!!!!!!!!!

Fish
04-24-2006, 10:11 PM
Ahhhhhahahahahahhahaha........ 2-0 baby.........

QuikSsurfer
hit post

chiefs4me
:cuss: :banghead::deevee::banghead::cuss::banghead::deevee::deevee:

QuikSsurfer
shit****

Fish
04-24-2006, 10:12 PM
This is what it's about ladies and gentleman..... this shit right here...... NHL Playoffs........

Bearcat
Avs score!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S what I'm talking about, YEAH!!!!

Sort of anti-climatic though... I paused it for a couple of minutes, so they hadn't scored when I read your post ROFL (just after they hit the post :eek: )

QuikSsurfer
i hate HATE the avs!!!! **** godamnit shit ass clown dildos and ****

QuikSsurfer
04-24-2006, 10:13 PM
what the ****!!!!! i'm changin my sig.. i'm beyond pissed.. must smoke a bowl.. a big bowl..

chiefs4me
04-24-2006, 10:14 PM
i hate HATE the avs!!!! **** godamnit shit ass clown dildos and ****

It's gonna be okay, the avs suck at home and we are a road team...it's gonna be okay...it's not over yet...not at all....:harumph:

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 10:15 PM
It's gonna be okay, the avs suck at home and we are a road team...it's gonna be okay...it's not over yet...not at all....:harumph:

Um, no. Not only were the Avalanche under .500 on the road and like 25-10 at home this season, Dallas was no better on the road than at home (they were good everywhere).

Fish
04-24-2006, 10:16 PM
what the ****!!!!! i'm changin my sig.. i'm beyond pissed.. must smoke a bowl.. a big bowl..

Yeah.... typical..... down 2 games give up now......... GO AVS!!!!!

chiefs4me
04-24-2006, 10:16 PM

Yep, all season long everyone else was worried about the wings, or sharks or kings, I told them.. watch out for those sneaky avs...:banghead:

chiefs4me
04-24-2006, 10:19 PM
That ending bummed me out, show me a glimpse of what can be and then lose it....:cuss:

Night guys!!:thumb:

Bearcat
04-24-2006, 10:20 PM
That ending bummed me out, show me a glimpse of what can be and then lose it....:cuss:

Night guys!!:thumb:

In other words, it burst your beach ball?

Fish
04-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Playoffs..... hells yeah.........

QuikSsurfer
04-24-2006, 10:24 PM
Yeah.... typical..... down 2 games give up now......... GO AVS!!!!!
lol
STFU

Fish
04-24-2006, 10:29 PM
lol
STFU

What? What you got??? Yeah nothing..... that's what I thought.......Go Avs!!!!!!

Otter
04-25-2006, 04:46 AM
That was brutal.

The Flyers had a total of 20 minutes in that game where they weren't killing a penalty. I was watching it at a local pub so I couldn't catch too much but I hope the refs weren't just screwing them.

Prolly safe to say I should start rooting for whoever has the best chance of knocing out NJ because Flyers are more than likely done.

I'm used to it. :shrug:

Sully
04-25-2006, 05:49 AM
Good Gawd the playoffs are not disappointing so far.
Mucho overtime games, great play.
I LOVE IT!!!

Tonight the Wings play... get one back on the road, boys.

Bearcat
04-25-2006, 06:52 AM
Good Gawd the playoffs are not disappointing so far.
Mucho overtime games, great play.
I LOVE IT!!!

Tonight the Wings play... get one back on the road, boys.

Looks like the New NHL has carried over the playoffs so far.... everything's still being called, one team scored 8 and there's been a few 6s & 5s...

morphius
04-25-2006, 07:15 AM
The Stars did finally show why they were in the playoff's starting in the second period. Right now I'm not sure either goal tender is worth a damn, though years of watching Roy deliberate moves, at least in the net, may have just spoiled me.

I missed the entire first period and started to think I was a jinx there as I had to suffer threw 4 unanswered goals by the Stars. Then having to watch Tanguay try to be the penalty box player of the game didn't help matters. Then that late tripping call when the Stars player came in and tried to kick the leg out of the Av's player and the tripped himself, sending the Av's player to the box just about sent me over the edge.

Though little did I know a minute later I would be puming my fists yelling "GOOOOOOOOOOAL! YES! YES YES!", as we tied it up to send it to overtime.

I have to say, it is not often that you really get to see a huge comeback from 2 teams in one game.

Fish
04-25-2006, 07:41 AM
My neighbor surely wondered WTF I was yelling at so late last night.... after the 1st period I thought the Avs would slow down and play prevent defense, but the Stars had different plans. By the end of the second period it was a whole different game. And each goal by Dallas made me drink a little more..... I was shithammered by the end of the game.....

You gotta love playoff hockey like this........

Sully
04-25-2006, 07:46 AM
Looks like the New NHL has carried over the playoffs so far.... everything's still being called, one team scored 8 and there's been a few 6s & 5s...
Oddly, though, the overtimes haven't been short, for the most part. Several 2 OTs. They are still calling the penalties, which is nice, for the most part, but OT is still gritty as hell, and I love it.

morphius
04-25-2006, 08:06 AM
Oddly, though, the overtimes haven't been short, for the most part. Several 2 OTs. They are still calling the penalties, which is nice, for the most part, but OT is still gritty as hell, and I love it.
I almost feel for the people that can't get over the fact that they don't score 100 goals in a game to actually enjoy Hockey.

Bearcat
04-25-2006, 08:14 AM

Good point...

I almost feel for the people that can't get over the fact that they don't score 100 goals in a game to actually enjoy Hockey.

...and I enjoy both types, so I'm glad we're still getting 2OT games. Some of the best games are 1-0 OT games (see: Dallas/NJ). OTOH, I wish I had seen the Carolina/Montreal game last night.... that looked fun.

Sully
04-25-2006, 08:17 AM
I switched to that game in the second. It was a great game to watch, other than the fact that the feed was blurry. Wild 3rd period, though. Absolutely fun to watch. It would've been great for those who need to see scoring to get excited.

I can roll with both, but if it gets much more wide open, I'll start to be turned off to it a little bit.

Bearcat
04-25-2006, 08:28 AM
I switched to that game in the second. It was a great game to watch, other than the fact that the feed was blurry. Wild 3rd period, though. Absolutely fun to watch. It would've been great for those who need to see scoring to get excited.

I can roll with both, but if it gets much more wide open, I'll start to be turned off to it a little bit.

Game 1 of Dallas/Colorado got a little ridiculous, because there was no defense for most of the game. There's a nice middle ground between the trap and bad defense, where it's up and down, but there's no chance of it being 7-6. I started watching hockey in the "dead puck era", so this offense thing is new to me. ;)

I like the number of obstruction calls, but it's good to see they can still play.... I love watching when one hit leads to 5 more all within 20 seconds, like Philly/Buffalo in game 1. Good, clean slobberknocking.

Sully
04-25-2006, 08:34 AM
For the Wings to do anything in their series, they are going to have to fight through a lot of trapping, and to beat that is fairly fun to watch. The wide-open international style is nice to watch, but some gritty, fighting for the puck, fighting for space hockey is fun to watch, too.

There was a few minutes in teh WIngs Oilers game the other day that ws like that... a hit-fest. Four or five tough hits, righ tin a row. It really was exciting to watch.

There... I was able to make it all about the WIngs again.

Bearcat
04-25-2006, 08:45 AM
Go Avalanche, yay!!

Er, holy crap... the Red Wings had 37 road wins this season?!?!

I haven't seen any of the Ottawa/TB series, and I think that's on before Detroit/Edmonton. Should be another good night of procrastinating :)

Sully
04-25-2006, 08:47 AM
Yeah, I've got volleyball tonight, but will be speeding home to catch the Red Wings, so I'll miss the first game.

Margaritas will be flowing, as I am now free till my first final on Saturday (friggin 4pm Saturday final, I will be missing the WIngs and the draft, I could kill someone).

Fish
04-25-2006, 10:57 AM
Margaritas will be flowing, as I am now free till my first final on Saturday (friggin 4pm Saturday final, I will be missing the WIngs and the draft, I could kill someone).

A final exam on a Saturday?? That's straight horseshit!

I work at UMKC you know.... give me the name of this professor and his account will be deleted!!

Sully
04-25-2006, 11:09 AM
LOL
It's Spanish, so we originally had 2 options, one in the morning. Suddenly this week, we are only offered the evening exam, or we can take it next week with a supervisor, which I can't do.

Demonpenz
04-25-2006, 11:13 AM
Philly got outright spanked which was good to watch. I miss espn carrying the coverage. I forget it is on OLN sometimes. Next year the penguins draft picks start dominating

Fish
04-25-2006, 11:19 AM
I forget it is on OLN sometimes.

Really though, I think OLN has been doing a pretty decent job so far...

morphius
04-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Philly got outright spanked which was good to watch. I miss espn carrying the coverage. I forget it is on OLN sometimes. Next year the penguins draft picks start dominating
Don't you mean, "...the future KC pengiuns..."

Boy, KC gets a team and it is going to be very tough to stay completely loyal to the Av's, and being that the Pengiuns is one of the first teams I ever "liked" would make it that much more difficult. I can't really imagine rooting for anyone other then the Av's, but ouch.

BIG_DADDY
04-25-2006, 11:37 AM
I was going to the Sharks game tonight now it looks more like Thursday.

Bearcat
04-25-2006, 12:07 PM
Don't you mean, "...the future KC pengiuns..."

Boy, KC gets a team and it is going to be very tough to stay completely loyal to the Av's, and being that the Pengiuns is one of the first teams I ever "liked" would make it that much more difficult. I can't really imagine rooting for anyone other then the Av's, but ouch.

I've thought about that, too... how could we not root for Sydney Crosby in a KC uniform? Yet, I'm not someone to have say "my Western Conference team is.. and my Eastern Conference team is...".

I guess it might work itself out though... I haven't been happy with some of LaCroix's moves the last couple of years.... Pierre Turgeon, Brad May, trading Aebischer. Maybe he's going insane and he'll resign and the Avalanche that I know and love now will completely change, making it easier to jump ship.

Let's go Penguins! No, really.... go!

Bearcat
04-25-2006, 12:15 PM
BTW, does anyone here go to the hockey futures board (hfboards.com)? It's been days since I've been able to get on... it hangs up at the top banner everytime. I know they have about as many server problems as chiefsplanet (well, with much more traffic), but come on...

morphius
04-25-2006, 12:33 PM
I've thought about that, too... how could we not root for Sydney Crosby in a KC uniform? Yet, I'm not someone to have say "my Western Conference team is.. and my Eastern Conference team is...".

I guess it might work itself out though... I haven't been happy with some of LaCroix's moves the last couple of years.... Pierre Turgeon, Brad May, trading Aebischer. Maybe he's going insane and he'll resign and the Avalanche that I know and love now will completely change, making it easier to jump ship.

Let's go Penguins! No, really.... go!
I don't have the problems with the moves that you do, and I think he at least decided to trade Abechier while he was winning and worth something. The loss of Drury, Foote and Forsburg all kind of hurt as well, but with the new cap there were bound to be some losses, sadly.

I can only do the East/West thing to a point, but it breaks down quickly.

Calcountry
04-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Go Preds. I've got lower level seats in Nashville tonight.How do you like them refs now?

Bearcat
04-25-2006, 07:34 PM
The Sens showed up tonight... 7-2 in the 3rd. :eek:

Bearcat
04-25-2006, 07:41 PM
3 minutes later, it's 7-4.... could Tampa..... ? Nah....

chiefs4me
04-25-2006, 07:43 PM
I haven't given up yet, after all, I said the stars in 6...:harumph: but if my stars don't wake the **** up, then some firing needs to be done, starting with the freaking Gm, for signing Turco to a 22 freaking million dollar contract for 4 freaking years.....:banghead: then get rid of Tippet, Zubie is getting slow, Mikey looks like he doesn't wanna play anymore, so clean house Hicks..:mad:

Bearcat
04-25-2006, 08:03 PM
I haven't given up yet, after all, I said the stars in 6...:harumph: but if my stars don't wake the **** up, then some firing needs to be done, starting with the freaking Gm, for signing Turco to a 22 freaking million dollar contract for 4 freaking years.....:banghead: then get rid of Tippet, Zubie is getting slow, Mikey looks like he doesn't wanna play anymore, so clean house Hicks..:mad:

Turco isn't your problem. If you think he should have stopped the last 2 goals last night or 3 of the goals in game 1, you wouldn't be happy with anyone in net.