PDA

View Full Version : A week away from the draft this sjould no longer be a subforum

Logical
04-21-2006, 08:28 AM
Edit:

I seemed to offend some of you and I apologize. Please from this point on ignore this suggestion. I am just old school and expect to see this stuff filling the front page about now.

Sorry

Mr. Laz
04-21-2006, 08:45 AM
agreed ... prolly should of happend a week ago

the draft is a big draw

htismaqe
04-21-2006, 08:46 AM
The BB is filled with absolute garbage and with the membership that we have now, I highly doubt football will ever again be the dominant topic in the Lounge.

It's a week away from the draft, yes. And that's all the MORE reason to keep this forum separate, so that it doesn't get lost.

Besides, we all know you have a hidden agenda when it comes to sub-forums.

Chiefnj
04-21-2006, 09:17 AM
I would rather not have to look for draft threads buried among meatpeekers crap threads and the thousands of other non-football threads.

Logical
04-21-2006, 09:27 AM
The BB is filled with absolute garbage and with the membership that we have now, I highly doubt football will ever again be the dominant topic in the Lounge.

It's a week away from the draft, yes. And that's all the MORE reason to keep this forum separate, so that it doesn't get lost.

Besides, we all know you have a hidden agenda when it comes to sub-forums.

Nothing hidden about it. I think there should be less. I no longer want to merge DC back in despite what you may think, the convenient links back and forth between DC and the Lounge ended my only gripe about DC being separate. However all the subforums at the top of the page is indeed annoying when browsing the lounge. However neither of my motivations have anything to do with this thread. This is a community BB no question but that community is based around football and we are a week away from the draft, why should we have to visit a special forum to discuss draft topics. I know I don't come over here as often as I like because I forget about the place.

Hell if you want a subforum at the top of the page put the Royals subforum up there to get the annoying Royals (read losers) threads off the front page and get the community used to using that subforum.

the Talking Can
04-21-2006, 09:27 AM
can we rename the Lounge the View?

Logical
04-21-2006, 09:29 AM
I would rather not have to look for draft threads buried among meatpeekers crap threads and the thousands of other non-football threads.
I really do understand this, but if the draft was being discussed don't you think there would be less of those (gochiefs esque) sort of threads on the front page. I mean seriously short of the draft what football wise is there for the KC fan to be talking about this time of year?

Mr. Kotter
04-21-2006, 09:30 AM
....Hell if you want a subforum at the top of the page put the Royals subforum up there to get the annoying Royals (read losers) threads off the front page and get the community used to using that subforum.

I think that's a good suggestion. Replace one of the others during Baseball season, with the Royals Forum.

Gaz
04-21-2006, 09:33 AM
The Draft Forum should stay where it is.

If you are complaining that Chiefs fans should be more interested in the draft than the offal currently filling the main Forum, then I agree with you. Unfortunately, there is a large contingent of the Planet that disagrees. In the absence of widespread enthusiasm for the draft, the separate Forum is the best choice.

It is ironic that folks often joked about the need for a “football only” sub-forum so as to not interfere with the poop threads. Well, here we are.

xoxo~
Gaz
Prefers to keep the draft Forum’s low profile.

Wile_E_Coyote
04-21-2006, 09:34 AM
it's not like the Draftplanet isn't getting traffic. Taco's poll got close to 100 votes in about a 24 hr span

htismaqe
04-21-2006, 09:36 AM
I really do understand this, but if the draft was being discussed don't you think there would be less of those (gochiefs esque) sort of threads on the front page. I mean seriously short of the draft what football wise is there for the KC fan to be talking about this time of year?

No, I actually don't. The people that want to talk draft are already here. It takes 5 seconds to get to this subforum.

We're not going to move it, sorry.

Sully
04-21-2006, 09:52 AM
I enjoy having it seperate. If I want to find a mock draft, or re-refer back to an old one, I know right where to find it, rather than sifting through popularity contests.

ct
04-21-2006, 10:10 AM
Keep it seperate.

Sfeihc
04-21-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm only a noob but please don't merge this with the Lounge. I'm not afraid of the lounge but just perfer not to have to shift through a bunch of threads for draft talk. After all since CP didn't sign any big name FA's. The draft and who the Chiefs get is pretty much the highlight(hopefully) for the offseason.

AirForceChief
04-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Sadly, I'm comforted by the fact that I can come to this sub-forum and see football threads...

Spicy McHaggis
04-21-2006, 10:53 AM
I actually have really liked having the Draft seperate. I makes it easy to check up on threads and creates a better dialogue between those actually interested.

Logical
04-21-2006, 10:55 AM
No, I actually don't. The people that want to talk draft are already here. It takes 5 seconds to get to this subforum.

We're not going to move it, sorry.

Honestly Parker, you seem to think I am making a bigger deal out of this than I am. It just seemed like a good suggestion for the week leading up to the draft. Sorry if I have offended you by making a mere suggestion.

jlscorpio
04-21-2006, 11:33 AM
I like it seperate. That way, I don't have to sift through threads about Quiksurfer's PATHETIC excuse of a life to read about draft prospects.

htismaqe
04-21-2006, 11:37 AM
Honestly Parker, you seem to think I am making a bigger deal out of this than I am. It just seemed like a good suggestion for the week leading up to the draft. Sorry if I have offended you by making a mere suggestion.

I don't know, maybe it's the seemingly weekly threads from you complaining about sub-forums. You haven't exactly been timid about your feelings on the subject.

No, I'm not offended at all, I'm not even slightly irritated.

But the overwhelming majority of the people that use this sub-forum daily want it to stay the way it is.

Logical
04-21-2006, 02:05 PM
I don't know, maybe it's the seemingly weekly threads from you complaining about sub-forums. (sure sounds like your irritated to me) You haven't exactly been timid about your feelings on the subject.

No, I'm not offended at all, I'm not even slightly irritated.

But the overwhelming majority of the people that use this sub-forum daily want it to stay the way it is.

I have never been timid on any subject (you of all people should know that, why would this be different)and I think I typically post my threads about subforums as questions, not complaints.

I was taught one thing when I was young, you never get something by just wishing, you have to express yourself or ask for it. Even though it seems to bother you though you said it doesn't I am unlikely to ever stop.

By the way the only reason you see them on as threads more now is because Phil is gone. I would often send my suggestions/requests/questions to Phil before he left. Now with the BB operation more of a committee affair it seems logical to post them to the general population instead. You prefer me to send them to you directly let me know.

P.S. I think several good things have come out of my suggestions such as the DC and Lounge links at the top of every page. You will notice I no longer complain about the lack of a DC subforum link since that was done. I could name other things I suggested over the years in the past that have been implemented but that should not be needed to get my point made.

htismaqe
04-21-2006, 04:28 PM
I have never been timid on any subject (you of all people should know that, why would this be different)and I think I typically post my threads about subforums as questions, not complaints.

I was taught one thing when I was young, you never get something by just wishing, you have to express yourself or ask for it. Even though it seems to bother you though you said it doesn't I am unlikely to ever stop.

By the way the only reason you see them on as threads more now is because Phil is gone. I would often send my suggestions/requests/questions to Phil before he left. Now with the BB operation more of a committee affair it seems logical to post them to the general population instead. You prefer me to send them to you directly let me know.

P.S. I think several good things have come out of my suggestions such as the DC and Lounge links at the top of every page. You will notice I no longer complain about the lack of a DC subforum link since that was done. I could name other things I suggested over the years in the past that have been implemented but that should not be needed to get my point made.

Go ahead and send them directly to me. That way I can ignore them and nobody else will be bothered by them.

:D

Seriously, I'm not offended or irritated at all.

beer bacon
04-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Make the The Lounge a subforum of DraftPlanet.

Mr. Laz
04-22-2006, 12:21 PM
Make the The Lounge a subforum of DraftPlanet.

hehe ... for real :)

there is also the "try and save the lounge* factor.

long term separation from football might just kill the lounge all together ...... and that would be bad.

philfree
04-22-2006, 02:23 PM
Should have never been moved IMO. So yes put the football talk back on the front page.

PhilFree:arrow:

Ebolapox
04-22-2006, 02:49 PM
keep it the way it is, please... as much crap that's on the main board in the lounge, it's a nice oasis for actual football talk (which is why we're all here, right??)

Tribal Warfare
04-22-2006, 03:36 PM
keep it the way it is, please... as much crap that's on the main board in the lounge, it's a nice oasis for actual football talk (which is why we're all here, right??)

I concur

JBucc
04-22-2006, 03:36 PM
I don't care either way