PDA

View Full Version : How would YOU improve the Chiefs?

BigChiefFan
04-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Man up, Planeteers, it's getting close to the 2006 NFL Draft and it's up to YOU to improve the team. Let's see if you've got what it takes...

1st round- OLBer Manny Lawson, North Carolina State
2nd round- DT Gabe Watson, Michigan
3rd round- CB Richard Marshall, Fresno State
4th-round- Coach Herm Edwards
5th round- WR Travis Wilson, Oklahoma
6th round- HB Taurean Henderson, Texas Tech
7th Round- FS Scott Ware, USC

My thinking is a pass-rush will help solidify the secondary, but we still address our biggest needs with players who have potential to become major contributors.

I would also try and sign Kejuan Jones, HB from OU, as an undrafted FA and look for an undrafted FB.

Thoughts?

ct
04-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Marshall is the only pick I like, including that 4th round guy. but don't think he'll be there in the 3rd.

I admit I know squat about Henderson or Ware.

ct
04-21-2006, 02:10 PM
1st round- DE Tamba Hali, Penn St.
2nd round- DT Claude Wroten, LSU
3rd round- S Pat Watkins, Florida St.
5th round- BAA
6th round- BAA
6th round- BAA
7th Round- BAA

Day 2 I'd like to see a WR, CB, QB, OT, not any any preferential order.

BigChiefFan
04-21-2006, 02:17 PM
1st round- DE Tamba Hali, Penn St.
2nd round- DT Claude Wroten, LSU
3rd round- S Pat Watkins, Florida St.
5th round- BAA
6th round- BAA
6th round- BAA
7th Round- BAA

Day 2 I'd like to see a WR, CB, QB, OT, not any any preferential order.
So you don't like Manny Lawson AND Gabe Watson in the 1st two rounds?? Also, we NEED to address the HB position, considering LJ is the only reliable player on the roster.

BTW, thanks for the comments, but you should look up the other guys I mentioned on NFLFans.com for at least an idea of what they bring to the game of football. I like your 1st 3 picks.

ct
04-21-2006, 02:25 PM
So you don't like Manny Lawson AND Gabe Watson in the 1st two rounds?? Also, we NEED to address the HB position, considering LJ is the only reliable player on the roster.

BTW, thanks for the comments, but you should look up the other guys I mentioned on NFLFans.com for at least an idea of what they bring to the game of football. I like your 1st 3 picks.

I love the potential of your 1st 2 picks, for sure. Just not sure where Lawson fits on our D, and Watson's lazy habits really concern me. And I'd be thrilled if Marshall were our 3rd!!

I'm fairly familiar with the Day 1 prospects, though certainly not all. But beyond that, I'm pretty much clueless.

BigChiefFan
04-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Here's the write-up on Henderson...

Taurean Henderson
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Position: RB
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
College:

Texas Tech

Projected

Round5 MEASUREMENTS
HEIGHT
WEIGHT
40 TIME
5'10"

ATTRIBUTE SCORE
SIZE
SPEED
STRENGTH
ATHLETICISM
XFACTOR
out of 10
out of 10
out of 10
out of 10
out of 10

DRAFTX.com VALUE

Pros: Good speed, very shifty, will make people miss, great receiving skills, holds many records, a playmaker, can bust out for long runs, very experienced, very productive, makes good cuts
Cons: Can he be a traditional RB, was in Texas Techs spread offense, needs to get tougher running up the middle, is he too much of a receiving RB?
Draft Exchange Analysis:
Taurean Henderson comes out of Texas Tech as a record holing RB. Not only does he hold the records listed below, but holds the career record for most receptions by an RB. Taurean is one of those backs that combines speed and size with a bit of power. He has the vision and ability to make good cuts and break the long runs, and has been doing this for 4 years. Hes also good at finding the end zone and making big plays. While he has been extremely productive, how much of it has been due to Techs high powered offense? People question if hes tough enough to be an every down back and run up the middle more. He seems more like the Brian Westbrook type so it should be interesting to see who is looking for this type of player.

Most Like: Brian Westbrook (Philadelphia Eagles)

Best Fits: New York (Jets), Jacksonville, Philadelphia, Cleveland Worst Fits: Arizona, New England, Baltimore

From texastech.collegesports.com:

Records Held Tech Junior Scoring - 108 points (2004) Tech Sophomore Receptions - 78 (2003) NCAA Freshman Receptions - 98 (2002) Tech Freshman Receptions - 98 (2002) Tech Freshman Single-Game Receptions - 13 vs. A&M (2002) Tech Freshman Single-Season Receiving Yards - 633 (2002) Tech Freshman Single-Season All-Purpose Yards - 1,453 (2002)

In the Charts - Is in second place on the Tech career receptions list with 236 and trails all-time leader Wes Welker by 23 ... is second on the career touchdowns list at Tech with 47 and is in third place at Tech with 33 career rushing scores ... also second with 282 career points and trails all-time leader James Gray (1986-89) by 30 points ... 78 receptions in 2003 ranks fifth on the Tech single-season list.

2004 - All-Big 12 Conference selection ... one of the most versatile players in school history ... has been one of the team's top rushers and receivers each of the last three seasons ... is the only player in the history of any Big 12 school to rush for 2,000 yards (2,369) and gather 1,500 receiving yards (1,530) in a career ... among the nation's top 10 in rushing touchdowns ... most rushing touchdowns in a season at Tech since Byron Morris's 22 in 1993 ... logged sixth multiple-rushing TD game of the season with two rushing scores against fourth-ranked Cal ... rushed 10 times for 35 yards and scored on runs of one and two yards ... also caught four passes for 25 yards ... rushed a career-high 18 times for 85 yards and a score in the win over Oklahoma State ... also caught a team-leading eight passes for 45 yards ... tacked on an insurance touchdown with 2:52 to play in the fourth quarter ... scored twice in the loss to the Aggies ... turned in fourth 17-rush game of the season ... had 80 yards on the ground and a score and caught seven passes for 51 yards and a touchdown ... finished the game with 131 all-purpose yards ... rushed for 111 yards on 16 carries and a touchdown against Baylor ... also caught six passes ... rushed for 93 yards and two touchdowns on 14 carries at Kansas State ... also caught three passes for 21 yards ... ran for 43-yard score following Duckett interception ... rushed for one score at Texas ... caught a pass and had six rushes ... dominant performance with three touchdowns in the game against Nebraska ... scored twice on the ground and once on a reception ... rushed for 38 yards on seven carries and caught seven passes ... rushed for 65 yards on career-high tying 17 carries at Oklahoma ... also caught four passes ... scored game-winning touchdown at Kansas with a minute remaining in the game on a 70-yard run ... run is longest of career ... finished the game with a career-high tying 17 carries on a career-high 169 yards ... averaged 9.9 yards per carry ... scored twice on the ground ... caught four passes ... earned SBC/Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week honors ... tied a career high with three rushing scores against the Horned Frogs ... finished the game with 68 yards on career-high 17 carries and three receptions for 15 yards ... had 12 rushes for 37 yards and seven receptions for 28 yards at New Mexico ... also rushed for a three-yard score to put Tech ahead 14-7 ... rushed 11 times for 54 yards ... also caught six passes for 28 yards in the opener at SMU.

2003 - Big 12 Coaches Honorable Mention Team ... averaged 5.9 yards per rush ... led the team with 10 rushing touchdowns, the most in one season by a Tech running back since Ricky Williams' 14 in 2001 ... led a Tech running game that scored 20 rushing touchdowns this season, the most since the 1996 season (Byron Hanspard's last season) ... Navy - caught nine passes for 83 yards ... also rushed for 43 yards and a touchdown ... Oklahoma - carried the ball 12 times for 54 yards and a touchdown and caught four passes ... Texas - scored a career-best three rushing touchdowns against the Longhorns ... also rushed for 94 yards on 16 carries and caught three passes for 23 yards ... Baylor - caught six passes for 49 yards and two touchdowns ... also rushed 12 times for 62 yards ... Colorado - finished with 49 yards rushing on nine carries and a score on the ground against Colorado ... also caught six passes for 63 yards ... Missouri - rushed for 51 yards and caught nine passes for 46 yards ... Oklahoma State - turned in second-straight 100-yard rushing game at Oklahoma State ... first player since Ricky Williams in the last two games of the 1998 season to rush for a 100 yards in back-to-back games ... ran for 123 yards and a touchdown against the Cowboys ... also caught seven passes for 60 yards ... Iowa State -166 all-purpose yards against Iowa State ... logged second 100-yard rushing game of career with 113 yards on 13 carries (averaged 8.7 yards per carry) ... also scored once on the ground ... Texas A&M - 69 yards and a touchdown on a team-leading seven receptions against A&M ... also rushed nine times for 46 yards ... Mississippi - caught nine passes for 94 yards and two touchdowns in win over Mississippi ... two scores through the air marks the first multi-receiving TD game in his career ... N.C. State - had 19 yards on four carries and two receptions for 10 yards against N.C. State ... New Mexico - carried six times for 25 yards against New Mexico ... also caught five passes for 18 yards ... SMU - averaged 8.0 yards per carry on six carries against SMU ... scored twice on the ground and once through the air in the win ... caught three passes for 44 yards.

2002 - All-Big 12 Coaches third team ... The Sporting News All-Big 12 Freshman Team ... led the team in rushing (56.6) and receptions (98) ... receptions total is an NCAA freshman record ... set the Texas Tech freshman all-purpose yardage record with 1,453 ... broke Wes Welker's record from 2000 ... Clemson - solid performance in bowl game with 60 yards and a touchdown on 10 carries ... also caught eight passes for 56 yards and another score ... Oklahoma - 17 rushing yards and 36 receiving yards at Oklahoma ... Texas - picked up 56 rushing yards and 52 receiving yards along with the game-winning touchdown against the third-ranked Longhorns ... Oklahoma State - registered 152 all-purpose yards ... had seven receptions for 101 yards and a touchdown ... Baylor - logged 150 all-purpose yards against Baylor on 93 yards rushing and 57 receiving yards ... led the team with 10 receptions ... also scored a rushing and receiving touchdown ... Colorado - caught 11 passes for 41 yards at Colorado ... averaged 5.2 yards per carry on 16 rushes and finished with 83 yards and a touchdown ... Missouri - rushed for 31 yards and had 74 receiving yards in the win ... also rushed for two touchdowns in the game with the Tigers ... Iowa State - had 129 all-purpose yards against Iowa State ... rushed 12 times for 83 yards and 6.9 yards per carry ... Texas A&M - logged 61 yards and a touchdown through the air and had 46 yards on the ground against A&M ... New Mexico - rushed for 40 yards on 12 carries at New Mexico, and caught five passes for 24 yards ... N.C. State - showed shades of running backs past at Texas Tech with a career day against N.C. State ... rushed for 141 yards on 21 carries against the Wolfpack and also scored two rushing touchdowns ... the 141 yards was the most for a Tech freshman back since Shaud Williams' 230 yards against Colorado in 1999 ... also caught four passes for 27 yards ... Mississippi - ran for 13 yards on eight carries against Mississippi ... also caught four passes for 24 yards ... SMU - 50 yards on 13 carries, four receptions for 30 yards and a touchdown at SMU ... Ohio State - opened the season with 31 yards on three carries, including a long rush of 29 yards.

2001 - Redshirt season.

High School - Gatesville High School in Gatesville, Texas ... Lubbock Avalanche-Journal Top 100 list ... rushed for 2,953 yards and 32 touchdowns on 386 carries in 2000 ... helped lead GHS to Class 3A State Championship ... rushed for 6,337 yards and 76 touchdowns during career ... Fort Worth Star-Telegram First-Team All-State ... 17-3A District MVP ... Super Centex Player of the Year ... Killeen Supreme Team Offensive Player of the Year ... Associated Press First-Team All-State ... Texas Sportswriters Association Offensive Player of the Year ... wants to study sports medicine ... recruited by Baylor, TCU and Kansas ... High School Coach: Kiff Hardin.

Personal - Taurean Henderson ... born January 20, 1983, in Gatesville, Texas ... son of KeSandra Henderson and Archie Ward ... has two younger sisters ... majoring in communication studies.

ct
04-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Sounds like a nice complement to LJ. But can he fight off QG to make the roster?

BigChiefFan
04-21-2006, 02:35 PM
Here's a write-up on, FS, Scott Ware...

Scott Ware
Position: FS
College:

USC

Projected

Round7 MEASUREMENTS
HEIGHT
WEIGHT
40 TIME
6'1"

ATTRIBUTE SCORE
SIZE
SPEED
STRENGTH
ATHLETICISM
XFACTOR
8 out of 10
7 out of 10
7 out of 10
7 out of 10
6 out of 10

DRAFTX.com VALUE

Pros:
Cons:
Draft Exchange Analysis:
2005: Ware likely will start at free safety as a senior in 2005.

2004: Ware, who came to USC in the fall of 2004 from a junior college, was an often-used, promising safety as a junior in 2004 before an injury slowed his progress. He also played on special teams. Overall in 2004 while appearing in 7 games (Colorado State, BYU, Stanford, California, Notre Dame, UCLA and Oklahoma), he had 16 tackles and a deflection. He even started 3 times (Colorado State, BYU and California) at free safety when starter Jason Leach had to move to strong safety for an injured Darnell Bing. He had 12 tackles against California and 3 versus Colorado State. He sprained his left foot, knee and ankle against California and missed USC's next 5 games.

JUNIOR COLLEGE: He was a 2003 J.C. Grid-Wire All-American first team, Super Prep JUCO 100, JC Athletic Bureau All-State Defensive MVP, JC Athletic Bureau All-Regional I Defensive MVP and All-Mid Empire Conference Defensive MVP as a sophomore defensive back at Santa Rosa (Calif.) Junior College. He had 70 tackles and 4 interceptions in 2003. He made the All-League team as a freshman in 2002.

HIGH SCHOOL: He prepped at Montgomery High in Santa Rosa (Calif.), where he was named the Santa Rosa Press Democrat All-Redwood Empire League Co-Defensive MVP as a senior defensive back and wide receiver in 2001. He had 7 interceptions, a 72-yard scoring fumble return and an 81-yard TD catch in 2001. He also started as a junior in 2000. He also was on the track team at Montgomery.

PERSONAL: He's a public policy, management and planning major at USC.

WHAT OTHERS SAY: USC secondary coach Greg Burns: "He's smart and picked up the system pretty well. He's a physical guy. He hits the heck out of people. He's athletic."

penchief
04-21-2006, 02:54 PM
As far as safeties go, if Calvin Lowry is still available in the 5th round I think he'd be a good football player. He's smart, quick, hard hitting, and sure tackling. IMO, another thing he does well is avoid blockers. He does a real nice job of taking a path to the ball.

CupidStunt
04-21-2006, 02:56 PM
Realistically (i.e. not taking a first-round player in the third-round)?

Probably something like:

RD1 -- Tye Hill / Jimmy Williams
next two choices: Jason Allen / Antonio Cromartie

RD 2 -- Darryl Tapp / John McCargo
next two choices: Gabe Watson / Claude Wroten

RD 3 -- Cedric Griffin / Ko Simpson
true)
next two choices: Danieal Manning / Brodie Croyle

You could make the argument that a few of those guys will all be (long) gone, but also that they'll be there.

eazyb81
04-21-2006, 02:56 PM
My ideal Day 1:

1. Manny Lawson - would provide us with an elite pass rusher, the hard part would be figuring out how to use him. He has extreme upside and could be a dominant player for years to come. Even if we just use him as a situational pass rusher initially, his value to this team would be huge.

2. Ashton Youboty or Cedric Griffin - After acquiring our elite pass rusher, we need to grab the best available CB and I believe one of these 2 would still be available. I think we could get away with taking a CB in the 2nd rather than the 1st because Herm has shown an ability to develop mid round CBs into stars, and it helps that we will run a Cover 2 variation.

3. Jon Scott - I think Scott would be a great value pick in the 3rd. He has the talent to be our future LT, but we could afford to give him a year to just learn the system and his responsibilities. I love the idea of pairing up a talented but underachieving tackle like Scott with Mike Solari.

BigChiefFan
04-21-2006, 02:59 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/depth_chart/

According to the depth chart, Henderson would only have to beat out Dee Brown. I would say that's grounds for a drafting a HB.

penchief
04-21-2006, 03:14 PM

According to the depth chart, Henderson would only have to beat out Dee Brown. I would say that's grounds for a drafting a HB.

I'd say you're right. And it should be somebody hungry enough to keep LJ wanting to be the best. That said, i think guys like Reggie Bush are going to be enough to keep LJ honest because I believe Johnson aspires to be the best, period.

Woodrow Call
04-21-2006, 03:41 PM

Dont forget about Barry Sanders Jr.

CoMoChief
04-21-2006, 04:00 PM
First, I would have given Rocky Benard a contract to play for Chiefs. His contract wasnt very big, and I know that we could have afforded it.

Draft:
1st - DE Mathias Kawinuka (Boston College)
2nd - CB Ashton Youboty (Ohio St.)**
3rd - WR Jason Avant (Michigan)**
5th - OG Tony Palmer (Missouri)
6th - Best player availble
7th - Best player availble

** You think those two guys would go at it in camp???

htismaqe
04-21-2006, 04:34 PM

Probably something like:

true)

You could make the argument that a few of those guys will all be (long) gone, but also that they'll be there.

Now here's a guy that thinks like me. :clap:

My ideal draft would be Jimmy Williams and then Darryl Tapp.

milkman
04-21-2006, 07:15 PM
If I'm in charge of improving the Chiefs, the first thing I would do is shitcan Carl.

Next I'm going to trade the Jets my #20 and #54 picks for their #29 and #35.

1. Tamba Hali, DE, Penn St.
2. Darnell Bing, Safety, SoCal
3. Bobatunde Oshinowo, DT, Stanford
5. Taureen Henderson, RB, TT
5. Drew Olson, QB, UCLA
6. Chris Gocong, DE, Cal Poly
7. Joe Toledo, OT, Wash.

penchief
04-21-2006, 07:38 PM
If I'm in charge of improving the Chiefs, the first thing I would do is shitcan Carl.

5. Drew Olson, QB, UCLA
7. Joe Toledo, OT, Wash.

Suhweet, a starting DE and a starting safety. You got my vote for GM.

Mecca
04-21-2006, 08:03 PM

5. Drew Olson, QB, UCLA
7. Joe Toledo, OT, Wash.

Chris Gocong is a projected first day pick.......

milkman
04-21-2006, 08:07 PM
Chris Gocong is a projected first day pick.......

Hey, I've lived through everyone else's fantasy drafts, so I'm entitled to one unrealistic pick.

Actually, I knew that, but I had to fit the local kid in my draft somewhere.

BigChiefFan
04-21-2006, 08:13 PM

Probably something like:

true)

Actually Pat Kirwan has Marshall slated as a THIRD ROUNDER...

2006 NFL Draft positional rankings

By Pat Kirwan
NFL.com Senior Analyst

(April 7, 2006) -- With three weeks to go until the draft, here is my positional draft board for the first day. With one compensatory pick in Round 3, there will be 97 players drafted on Saturday, April 29. Here's my first look at how they will come off the board by position. NFL teams like to say they draft the best available athletes, but in recent years, many teams have drafted for need with an eye on the value. Grades are subjective, and no two teams in the NFL have the same draft boards, so I prefer to list the positions and the round the player should go in.

Kirwan video

Pat Kirwan breaks down numbers from the Combine and Pro Days.
Click here to watch

QUARTERBACK
1. Matt Leinart -- 1
2. Vince Young -- 1
3. Jay Cutler -- 1
4. Brodie Croyle -- 2
5. Charlie Whitehurst -- 3
6. Omar Jacobs -- 3
7. Reggie McNeal -- 3

RUNNING BACK
1. Reggie Bush -- 1
2. DeAngelo Williams -- 1
3. Laurence Maroney -- 1
4. LenDale White -- 1
5. Brian Calhoun -- 2
6. Joseph Addai -- 2
7. Jerious Norwood -- 2
8. Maurice Drew -- 3

WIDE RECEIVER
1. Santonio Holmes -- 1
2. Chad Jackson -- 1
3. Sinorice Moss -- 2
4. Maurice Stovall -- 2
5. Derek Hagan -- 2
6. Travis Wilson -- 2
7. Devin Aromashodu -- 3

TIGHT END
1. Vernon Davis -- 1
2. Marcedes Lewis -- 2
3. Leonard Pope -- 2
4. Joe Klopfenstein -- 2
5. Dominique Byrd -- 3
6. Anthony Fasano -- 3
7. Owen Daniels -- 3

GUARD
1. Davin Joseph -- 1
2. Deuce Lutui -- 2
3. Max Jean-Gilles -- 2
4. Charles Spencer -- 3
5. Fred Matua -- 3

TACKLE
1. D'Brickashaw Ferguson -- 1
2. Winston Justice -- 1
3. Eric Winston -- 2
4. Marcus McNeill -- 2
5. Andrew Whitworth -- 3
6. Jonathan Scott -- 3
7. Ryan O'Callaghan -- 3
8. Daryn Colledge -- 3
9. Paul McQuistan -- 3

CENTER
1. Nick Mangold -- 1
2. Greg Eslinger -- 3

DEFENSIVE END
1. Mario Williams -- 1
2. Mathias Kiwanuka -- 1
3. Tamba Hali -- 2
4. Ray Edwards -- 2
5. Victor Adeyanju -- 3
6. Daryl Tapp -- 3
7. James Wyche -- 3

DEFENSIVE TACKLE
1. Haloti Ngata -- 1
2. Brodrick Bunkley -- 1
3. Claude Wroten -- 2
4. Rodrique Wright -- 2
5. Gabe Watson -- 2
6. John McCargo -- 3
7. Johnathan Lewis -- 3
8. Dusty Dvoracek -- 3
9. Barry Cofield -- 3

INSIDE LINEBACKER
1. Abdul Hodge -- 2
2. D'Qwell Jackson -- 2
3. Gerris Wilkinson -- 3
4. Tim Dobbins -- 3

OUTSIDE LINEBACKER
1. A.J. Hawk -- 1
2. Ernie Sims -- 1
3. Manny Lawson -- 1
4. Kamerion Wimbley -- 1
5. Chad Greenway -- 1
6. DeMeco Ryans -- 1
7. Bobby Carpenter -- 2
8. Thomas Howard -- 2
9. Jon Alston -- 2
10. Roger McIntosh -- 3

CORNERBACK
1. Jimmy Williams -- 1
2. Tye Hill -- 1
3. Antonio Cromartie -- 1
4. Jonathan Joseph -- 1
5. Kelly Jennings -- 2
6. Ashton Youboty -- 2
7. Cedric Griffin -- 2
8. Richard Marshall-- 3
9. Dee Webb-- 3
10. Devin Hester -- 3
11. DeMario Minter -- 3
12. Anwar Phillips -- 3

SAFETY
1. Michael Huff -- 1
2. Jason Allen -- 1
3. Darnell Bing -- 2
4. Ko Simpson -- 2
5. Donte Whitner -- 2
6. Daniel Bullocks -- 2
7. Pat Watkins -- 3
8. Greg Blue -- 3
9. Anthony Smith -- 3
10. Bernard Pollard -- 3

milkman
04-21-2006, 08:24 PM
Actually Pat Kirwan has Marshall slated as a THIRD ROUNDER...

2006 NFL Draft positional rankings

By Pat Kirwan
NFL.com Senior Analyst

(April 7, 2006) -- With three weeks to go until the draft, here is my positional draft board for the first day. With one compensatory pick in Round 3, there will be 97 players drafted on Saturday, April 29. Here's my first look at how they will come off the board by position. NFL teams like to say they draft the best available athletes, but in recent years, many teams have drafted for need with an eye on the value. Grades are subjective, and no two teams in the NFL have the same draft boards, so I prefer to list the positions and the round the player should go in.

Kirwan video

Pat Kirwan breaks down numbers from the Combine and Pro Days.
Click here to watch

QUARTERBACK
1. Matt Leinart -- 1
2. Vince Young -- 1
3. Jay Cutler -- 1
4. Brodie Croyle -- 2
5. Charlie Whitehurst -- 3
6. Omar Jacobs -- 3
7. Reggie McNeal -- 3

RUNNING BACK
1. Reggie Bush -- 1
2. DeAngelo Williams -- 1
3. Laurence Maroney -- 1
4. LenDale White -- 1
5. Brian Calhoun -- 2
6. Joseph Addai -- 2
7. Jerious Norwood -- 2
8. Maurice Drew -- 3

WIDE RECEIVER
1. Santonio Holmes -- 1
2. Chad Jackson -- 1
3. Sinorice Moss -- 2
4. Maurice Stovall -- 2
5. Derek Hagan -- 2
6. Travis Wilson -- 2
7. Devin Aromashodu -- 3

TIGHT END
1. Vernon Davis -- 1
2. Marcedes Lewis -- 2
3. Leonard Pope -- 2
4. Joe Klopfenstein -- 2
5. Dominique Byrd -- 3
6. Anthony Fasano -- 3
7. Owen Daniels -- 3

GUARD
1. Davin Joseph -- 1
2. Deuce Lutui -- 2
3. Max Jean-Gilles -- 2
4. Charles Spencer -- 3
5. Fred Matua -- 3

TACKLE
1. D'Brickashaw Ferguson -- 1
2. Winston Justice -- 1
3. Eric Winston -- 2
4. Marcus McNeill -- 2
5. Andrew Whitworth -- 3
6. Jonathan Scott -- 3
7. Ryan O'Callaghan -- 3
8. Daryn Colledge -- 3
9. Paul McQuistan -- 3

CENTER
1. Nick Mangold -- 1
2. Greg Eslinger -- 3

DEFENSIVE END
1. Mario Williams -- 1
2. Mathias Kiwanuka -- 1
3. Tamba Hali -- 2
4. Ray Edwards -- 2
5. Victor Adeyanju -- 3
6. Daryl Tapp -- 3
7. James Wyche -- 3

DEFENSIVE TACKLE
1. Haloti Ngata -- 1
2. Brodrick Bunkley -- 1
3. Claude Wroten -- 2
4. Rodrique Wright -- 2
5. Gabe Watson -- 2
6. John McCargo -- 3
7. Johnathan Lewis -- 3
8. Dusty Dvoracek -- 3
9. Barry Cofield -- 3

INSIDE LINEBACKER
1. Abdul Hodge -- 2
2. D'Qwell Jackson -- 2
3. Gerris Wilkinson -- 3
4. Tim Dobbins -- 3

OUTSIDE LINEBACKER
1. A.J. Hawk -- 1
2. Ernie Sims -- 1
3. Manny Lawson -- 1
4. Kamerion Wimbley -- 1
5. Chad Greenway -- 1
6. DeMeco Ryans -- 1
7. Bobby Carpenter -- 2
8. Thomas Howard -- 2
9. Jon Alston -- 2
10. Roger McIntosh -- 3

CORNERBACK
1. Jimmy Williams -- 1
2. Tye Hill -- 1
3. Antonio Cromartie -- 1
4. Jonathan Joseph -- 1
5. Kelly Jennings -- 2
6. Ashton Youboty -- 2
7. Cedric Griffin -- 2
8. Richard Marshall-- 3
9. Dee Webb-- 3
10. Devin Hester -- 3
11. DeMario Minter -- 3
12. Anwar Phillips -- 3

SAFETY
1. Michael Huff -- 1
2. Jason Allen -- 1
3. Darnell Bing -- 2
4. Ko Simpson -- 2
5. Donte Whitner -- 2
6. Daniel Bullocks -- 2
7. Pat Watkins -- 3
8. Greg Blue -- 3
9. Anthony Smith -- 3
10. Bernard Pollard -- 3

Just about everyone else has Marshall going in the second round.

I also don't know that I've seen anyone else rate Greg Blue as high as a third rounder.
Could have, I just don't remember seeing it.

dj56dt58
04-21-2006, 08:38 PM
Trade Carl Peterson to the Donkeys for nothing in exchange....

Starbux37
04-21-2006, 08:58 PM
OK, I know that I'm a noob with a low post count but thought what the HE**. So here is my draft selections.

1. Tamba Hali DE / Mathias Kiwanuka DE
2. John McCargo DT / Claude Wroten DT
3. Jeremy Trueblood OT / Brodie Croyle QB
5. Josh Lay CB
6. Troy Reddick OG/OT
6. Delanie Walker WR
7. Nate Salley S

milkman
04-21-2006, 09:26 PM
OK, I know that I'm a noob with a low post count but thought what the HE**. So here is my draft selections.

1. Tamba Hali DE / Mathias Kiwanuka DE
2. John McCargo DT / Claude Wroten DT
3. Jeremy Trueblood OT / Brodie Croyle QB
5. Josh Lay CB
6. Troy Reddick OG/OT
6. Delanie Walker WR
7. Nate Salley S

Not bad.

Trueblood would be a good pick to groom for the near future.

Logical
04-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Haver Lamar turn over the team to an owner who is passionate about winning.

Fire Carl

Fire Gunther hire a young gun DC
Take Tamba Hali 1st (release Eric Hicks)
Take Ashton Yobouty if available or D Bing if not

2nd day is a crap shoot BAA in each round definitely grab the FB from Notre Dame if he is available in one of the rounds.

Lurch
04-21-2006, 11:19 PM
1. Cromartie, CB Florida St./Ty Hill, CB Clemson
2. Wright, DT Texas/G. Jennngs, WR W. Mich
3. GoCong, DE CalPoly/Whimper, OT E. Carolina
5. T. Jackson, QB Alabama St./Kuper, OG-LS N. Dakota
6. Hixon, WR Akron/Vickers, FB Colorado
7. Palmer, OG Missouri/Cletis Jordan, WR Jackson State

BigChiefFan
04-22-2006, 06:45 AM
Just about everyone else has Marshall going in the second round.

I also don't know that I've seen anyone else rate Greg Blue as high as a third rounder.
Could have, I just don't remember seeing it.
I wouldn't have included it, if I couldn't have found someone to back it up and Kirwan backs it up. There are SEVERAL CBs this year, who grade out to being first rounders-someone is going to DROP out of where some think they may go, it happens EVERY year.

Dunit35
04-22-2006, 07:56 AM
1. Tamba Hali/ Cromatie
2. Ko Simpson/ McCargo

I'd fire CP right now.

philfree
04-22-2006, 02:36 PM
Seed, Speed and more Speed. We could draft for need but I hope we don't. Trade down if we can and draft Thomas Howard LB from UTEP. Our LBs seem to be a strength so IMO we should load up there and make it better still. Howard runs a 4.42 40 at 239 lbs and he put up the numbers on the field as well. IMO the if take a DE in the 1st round there's a good chance he'll end up being nothing more then a pass rush specialist and that player won't be worth the 1st round pick. There are some CBs worthy that will still be on the board with the 20th pick so that's a possibility. DTs are kinda like the DEs in that at #20 there prolly won't be one worth that pick left on the board.

IMO Howard has a chance to become a great player in the NFL and what ever position we draft with our 1st pick I hope it turns out to be a great player. I want a great player.

PhilFree:arrow:

Rudy lost the toss
04-22-2006, 03:07 PM
1st- DE Tamba Hali
2nd- S Ko Simpson
3rd- DT Kyle Williams
5th- CB Josh Lay
6th- QB Gradkowski
7th- best available Oline

BigChiefFan
04-24-2006, 09:34 AM
There have been alot of good takes and I appreciate all of you who took the time to respond. I would say it's universal among Chiefs fans that we need a DE and a CB. It should be interesting to see how the FO responds this weekend and see who we land.

BTW, John Clayton was on Metro Sports and he said Manny Lawson would be the Chiefs 1st pick in his opinion. If he's there, I think the Chiefs will pull the trigger because of the similarities to D.T..

Coogs
04-24-2006, 09:49 AM
BTW, John Clayton was on Metro Sports and he said Manny Lawson would be the Chiefs 1st pick in his opinion. If he's there, I think the Chiefs will pull the trigger because of the similarities to D.T..

Heard him say the same thing on ESPN Radio GameDay Saturday afternoon. I hope he is right on this one.

And I think he can be more than a situational pass rusher. From what I have seen of him play, he has the ability to do more than just an edge pass rush. He can get inside the OT's on rushing plays too, to make the play in the back field.

BigChiefFan
04-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Heard him say the same thing on ESPN Radio GameDay Saturday afternoon. I hope he is right on this one.
Me. too. As much as I like Hali, I just believe there is MORE VALUE, with Lawson at 20, over Hali. I wouldn't mind either player, but I believe Lawson will become a difference maker in the NFL. Lawson seems to be a great value at 20 and worth the pick. I like our chances.