PDA

View Full Version : The Herm Edwards Mock

KevB
04-21-2006, 04:06 PM
I'm looking for football players. I'm tired of the measurables guiding out picks. Give me a guy who's done it on the field....a guy who loves to play.

1st round: CB, Tye Hill. This guy is going to be good. He's not big, but he's fast and can flat out play. Hopefully he's our Antoine Winfield. A guy with his quicks and instincts will be really good in a Cover 2.

2nd round: DT, Claude Wroten. Here's our penetrating DT. He's quick off the ball and has decent size. He may not fall this far, but a red flag for a drug related issue leaves him available for the Chiefs.

3rd round: DE, Stanley McClover. Adds some athleticism to the DLine. At the least he should give us a pass rush.

5th round: WR, Mike Haas. He won't be a Pro Bowler, but he also won't be a complete bust. He'll be a productive WR who's upside is a good #2 and downside is a productive 3rd or 4th option. Just a gamer who makes plays.

6th round: QB, Ingle Martin. Hello, QBOTF.

7th round: OG, Will Allen. Guards fall down the board, and this guy had a nice career blocking for Vince Young.

Didn't take a safety anywhere....nobody provided value. I just don't have a safety outside the top 3 or 4 that gets my attention. I wanted to take an OT at some point, as I think there's some good value into the 3rd round, but I wanted a pass rusher on the first day, so McClover was the pick.

I think everyone of these players would have a good chance to be a productive member of the Chiefs at some point in their career. We need to start hitting on some of these mid to late picks. They don't have to be Pro-Bowlers, but they need to contribute.

JBucc
04-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Ingle. That's a name. Overall I like it alrigtht. Hill is my fav. CB and any OL named Will seems to do alright here.

milkman
04-21-2006, 07:49 PM
We need to start hitting on some of these mid to late picks. They don't have to be Pro-Bowlers, but they need to contribute.

You're not paying attention.

We have been hitting on mid to late picks.

It's the first 3 rounds that we haven't been hitting on.

Your draft isn't terrible, but it doesn't excite me either.

KevB
04-21-2006, 07:54 PM
You're not paying attention.

We have been hitting on mid to late picks.

It's the first 3 rounds that we haven't been hitting on.

Your draft isn't terrible, but it doesn't excite me either.

This is sarcasm....isn't it? We've hit on mid to late round picks? Um, who? Jared Allen and....who? Samie Parker, I guess. That's pretty much it. Two of our last three first rounders were Larry Johnson and DJ...that's not too bad.

milkman
04-21-2006, 08:10 PM
This is sarcasm....isn't it? We've hit on mid to late round picks? Um, who? Jared Allen and....who? Samie Parker, I guess. That's pretty much it. Two of our last three first rounders were Larry Johnson and DJ...that's not too bad.

Yes, we've done pretty well over the last couple of years, and let's hope that trend continues.

I was talking about Carl's draft history, overall.

hypersensitiveZO6
04-21-2006, 08:14 PM
I really like Wroten in the second, but the Chiefs Organization will never take a player with drug issues.

KevB
04-21-2006, 09:36 PM
Yes, we've done pretty well over the last couple of years, and let's hope that trend continues.

His draft history overall is putrid...on this most of us can agree.

KevB
04-21-2006, 09:37 PM
I really like Wroten in the second, but the Chiefs Organization will never take a player with drug issues.

That could very well be correct. But, somebody will take the kid. Having said that, he supposedly failed the drug test at the Combine....no way he goes in the 2nd now. This mock was legit for a grand total of about 20 minutes.

Tribal Warfare
04-22-2006, 01:09 AM
I'm looking for football players. I'm tired of the measurables guiding out picks. Give me a guy who's done it on the field....a guy who loves to play.Tamba Hali

CupidStunt
04-22-2006, 05:45 AM
Love the first day, but would just continue to add defensive depth on the second day.

We've got enough 2nd day WRs on the roster who can compete for a spot.

KevB
04-22-2006, 09:32 AM
Tamba Hali

He certainly fits the mold as well. I just really like what Tye Hill brings to the table.

ChiefsCountry
04-22-2006, 11:20 AM
Jimmy Williams would be the better pick IMO if we go CB.

RedThat
04-22-2006, 04:31 PM

Dude, why don't you just admit that you're wrong?
:shake:

Wile_E_Coyote
04-22-2006, 04:44 PM
'99 Gun's first draft

#14 (1) John Tait
#54 (2) Michael Cloud
#75 (3) Gary Stills
#84 (3) Larry Atkins
108 (4) Larry Parker
220 (7) Eric King -G

'01 DV's first

#12 (1) traded to Rams for Trent Green & #150 (5)
Derrick Blaylock
second round pick to Rams for DV( Tags said bad Carl)
#75 (3) Eric Downing
#77 (3) Marvin Minnis
107 (4) Monty Beisel
108 (4) George Lane -RB
141 (5) Billy Barber
176 (6) Alex Sulfsted -G
212 (7) Shanard Harts
243 (7) Terdell Sands

milkman
04-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Dude, why don't you just admit that you're wrong?
:shake:

So, tell me about all those great players from the first couple of rounds over the last 17 years.

RedThat
04-22-2006, 06:45 PM
So, tell me about all those great players from the first couple of rounds over the last 17 years.

I don't have to tell you jack.

milkman
04-22-2006, 06:51 PM
I don't have to tell you jack.

Because you can't.

LiL stumppy
04-22-2006, 07:44 PM
Herm will draft Danny Dvorchek(sp?) in the 3rd round.And we will be a steal at that spot :)

KevB
04-23-2006, 09:48 AM
Herm will draft Danny Dvorchek(sp?) in the 3rd round.And we will be a steal at that spot :)

You're an OU fan and you don't know that it's Dusty, not Danny?

htismaqe
04-23-2006, 11:17 AM
Jimmy Williams would be the better pick IMO if we go CB.

Especially considering we could move him to FS and really fill a need.

KevB
04-23-2006, 07:31 PM
Especially considering we could move him to FS and really fill a need.

I don't think Jimmy will be available.

Rain Man
04-23-2006, 08:31 PM
Is Tye Hill the guy who's on the smallish side? If so, there's no way we'll draft him. Gun wants big defensive backs. He always has, and he always will. He drafts safeties to be cornerbacks (Bartee), and he drafts linebackers to be safeties (Atkins, Stills). No way will we draft a small DB unless they do it over Gun's dead body.

Coogs
04-23-2006, 08:38 PM
Is Tye Hill the guy who's on the smallish side? If so, there's no way we'll draft him. Gun wants big defensive backs. He always has, and he always will. He drafts safeties to be cornerbacks (Bartee), and he drafts linebackers to be safeties (Atkins, Stills). No way will we draft a small DB unless they do it over Gun's dead body.

Let's see.... Bartee, Atkins, Stills.... maybe Gun should be sent out of town this next weekend! :)

htismaqe
04-24-2006, 07:27 AM
I don't think Jimmy will be available.

Right now, he's getting lost in the shuffle. He may be this year's DJ.