PDA

View Full Version : Tool Lyrics: Right in Two

Taco John
04-22-2006, 02:57 AM
Just thought I'd share these lyrics to what I think it one of the best songs on the new Tool album. Seems appropriate for this forum...

Right In Two - Tool

Angels on the sideline,
Puzzled and amused.
Why did Father give these humans free will?
Now they're all confused.

Don't these talking monkeys know that
Eden has enough to go around?
Plenty in this holy garden, silly old monkeys,
Wonder when you're bound to divide it
Right in two

Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused.
Father blessed them all with reason.
And this is what they choose.
Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
Over pieces of the ground.

Silly monkeys given thumbs,
They forge a blade,
And brothers walk abound to divide it,
Right in two.
Right in two.

Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
Over pieces of the ground.
Silly monkeys give them thumbs,
They make a club
And beat their brother..down.
How they survive so misguided is a mystery.
Repugnant dismal creature who would squander
The ability live, to die, and have a conscience
Brothers live inside here

Cut it all right in two (x4)

Fight over the clouds, over wind, over sky
Fight over life, over blood, over prayer, overhead and light
Fight over love, over sun, over another
Fight...

Angels on the sideline again
Been so long with patience and reason
Angels on the sideline again
Wondering when this tug of war will end

Cut it all right in two (x3)
Right in two

Right in two...

Sully
04-22-2006, 06:10 AM
Hippies.

Seriously, it looks interesting. I haven't heard any of it, but will be buying it soon. Seems right in line with their other stuff.
Thanks.

Lake
04-22-2006, 07:30 AM
I like Tool. I have Undertow and Aenima. The first was great and the other was not so great. I think that they try too hard and take it all way too seriously. At times I find them to be very highbrow. Just imagine how damn good they could be if they could get over themselves. Someone needs to explain to them that they are a band that makes money and if they want to be artists they should play for room and board.

patteeu
04-22-2006, 07:51 AM
What does it mean?

Lake
04-22-2006, 08:02 AM
I think that it means the same when Maynard was involved in covering Imagine by Lennon and he changed the lyrics. Imagine there are no conservatives, it is so easy to try, no damn republicans, no more oppressing from the right. He goes on to mix creation with evolution and blame god for war.

patteeu
04-22-2006, 08:59 AM
I think that it means the same when Maynard was involved in covering Imagine by Lennon and he changed the lyrics. Imagine there are no conservatives, it is so easy to try, no damn republicans, no more oppressing from the right. He goes on to mix creation with evolution and blame god for war.

OK, well then I vote "no." :p

Reaper16
04-22-2006, 11:53 AM
Based solely off of your two posts in this thread: your and idiot.

Taco John
04-22-2006, 12:06 PM
Based solely off of your two posts in this thread: your and idiot.

Pretty much

Lake
04-22-2006, 12:45 PM
Can someone here help me out here and explain as to why one poster would attack another poster and another would join in just because I said that I liked Fool, but I would that rather that they not try to sway popular vote with obvious jabs through their music or mention who they politically support through song?

Reaper16
04-22-2006, 02:03 PM
Can someone here help me out here and explain as to why one poster would attack another poster and another would join in just because I said that I liked Fool, but I would that rather that they not try to sway popular vote with obvious jabs through their music or mention who they politically support through song?
1st your assertion that music shouldn't be thoughtful or have depth; rather just appealing to the general masses was insulting.

2nd I think your interpretation of they lyrics is off. It's qutie obvious to me that the lyrics are not only critical of both sides of the political spectrum, they're self critical, too. Moreover, they're critical of the entire human race. I don't see the one-sidedness that you claim.

banyon
04-22-2006, 03:59 PM
What does it mean?

It means that you are the walrus.

Taco John
04-23-2006, 02:35 AM

You like the band, you just wish they didn't sing about social issues that you disagree with? It's a weak take. What do you want them to sing about to accomodate you?

Lake
04-23-2006, 12:09 PM
I just become tired of left leaning people in entertainment doing what I see as telling me about their politics and their stand on social issues through what they claim as art. I do not care if it is a movie, or a song, or if they are being interviewed and are able to twist a question into how they feel about the shape of the country or the world. It is hard to take them seriously when they are making all of that money. Great art comes from extremes. It comes from loss, pain, or from experiencing a large amount of joy. It is not easy to think that they are going through anything in excess that would make them any different from any other person with millions. The only ecception could be guilt. They make good music. Maynard is a great vocalist. Their lyrics and their anyone but Bush stance last election makes me question what they have to say as much as the money that they have in the bank. I could just be reading too much into with my over the top and half kidding responses. I just have to question them when they put themselves out there like that.

Dave Lane
04-23-2006, 12:38 PM
I just become tired of right leaning people in entertainment doing what I see as telling me about their politics and their stand on social issues through what they claim as talk shows. I do not care if it is a movie, or a talk show, or if they are being interviewed and are able to twist a question into how they feel about the shape of the country or the world. It is hard to take them seriously when they are making all of that money. Great thoughts comes from extremes. It comes from loss, pain, or from experiencing a large amount of joy. It is not easy to think that they are going through anything in excess that would make them any different from any other person with millions. The only ecception could be guilt. They make good music. Tony Snow is a great vocalist. His lyrics and their anyone but Bush stance last election makes me question what they have to say as much as the money that they have in the bank. I could just be reading too much into with my over the top and half kidding responses. I just have to question them when they put themselves out there like that.

Dave

~cool my first ever satire response

Taco John
04-23-2006, 02:47 PM
I just become tired of left leaning people in entertainment doing what I see as telling me about their politics and their stand on social issues through what they claim as art. I do not care if it is a movie, or a song, or if they are being interviewed and are able to twist a question into how they feel about the shape of the country or the world. It is hard to take them seriously when they are making all of that money. Great art comes from extremes. It comes from loss, pain, or from experiencing a large amount of joy. It is not easy to think that they are going through anything in excess that would make them any different from any other person with millions. The only ecception could be guilt. They make good music. Maynard is a great vocalist. Their lyrics and their anyone but Bush stance last election makes me question what they have to say as much as the money that they have in the bank. I could just be reading too much into with my over the top and half kidding responses. I just have to question them when they put themselves out there like that.

I think what I'm hearing is that it's too bad that all the right leaning music artists suck.

Pitt Gorilla
04-23-2006, 02:52 PM
Can someone here help me out here and explain as to why one poster would attack another poster and another would join in just because I said that I liked Fool, but I would that rather that they not try to sway popular vote with obvious jabs through their music or mention who they politically support through song?It's funny that this thread is about Tool.

Lake
04-23-2006, 03:40 PM
Right leaning music is why I do not like country.

beavis
04-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Has anyone played Intension backwards? Kind of funny.