Position Tackle
Height 6-6
Weight 300
Years Experience 2
Birthdate 1/8/1982
Hometown Czech Republic
College Stanford

playing left tackle for the league leading rushing team in amsterdam

i don't know that i've seen him get beaten on a play yet ... seems like he's getting more aggressive on run plays.

and a problem earlier about stopping before the whistle ... didn't see that in today's game.

looks like willie roaf taught him him his stance, he's got the outside leg stuck way back like Roaf. ROFL

SNR
04-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Did Roaf teach him to hobble around like quasimodo too?

Reaper16
04-22-2006, 02:04 PM
He's given up quite a few sacks though, right?

Frankie
04-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks. Who knows? Maybe we already have our future LT.

Any word on Kilian?

ChiefsCountry
04-22-2006, 02:14 PM
I still think that freaking league should be over here in the states. More people would care about it.

Mr. Laz
04-22-2006, 02:26 PM
He's given up quite a few sacks though, right?
looks like the team has giving up a total of 8 sacks in 5 games

record is 4-1

i have yet to see svitek give up a sack himself

beer bacon
04-22-2006, 02:35 PM
Svitek's team has the #1 rushing offense in NFL E, and they have given up the least sacks too.

Rain Man
04-22-2006, 02:35 PM
I still think that freaking league should be over here in the states. More people would care about it.

Yeah. Exactly. Yeah.

Dr. Facebook Fever
04-22-2006, 03:02 PM
Cool. Rich Scanlon was the leagues defensive MVP last year too... so maybe Svitek can make the team too.

morphius
04-22-2006, 03:02 PM
Maybe put two teams in LA :D

Tribal Warfare
04-22-2006, 03:04 PM
If read Sviek's Bio the guy is real good all-round athlete

DaneMcCloud
04-22-2006, 03:18 PM

Remember when it was called the World League of American football? Teams in Birmingham, Sacramento, Orlando, Montreal, London, etc.? No one cared then, either.

I don't think the NFL's doing it because they need more revenue or want fan support. It's a developmental league for guys that aren't ready for the NFL and need seasoning that they couldn't acquire elsewhere.

I've tried to watch NFLE and just find it too boring. It's next to impossible to tell if any of these guys will pan out because the level of competition is no where near the NFL. But's it's obviously been worthwhile for player development.

Mr. Laz
04-22-2006, 03:38 PM
i think they put it europe for better football weather during the offseason.

i think they also hope to expand to a world television market for the NFL at some point.

alanm
04-22-2006, 04:04 PM
They had US teams years ago. Nobody cared. :rolleyes:

CupidStunt
04-22-2006, 04:48 PM
Nathaniel Curry has looked pretty good when i've watched him, but unfortunately, when I was watching Kris Griffin, he was invisible. Just didn't make any plays outside of a few clean-up tackles.

Guys that take over Europe can barely make an NFL roster, i'm not seeing bright things for Griffin at this point.

John_Wayne
04-22-2006, 04:48 PM
I've heard great things about Svitek. I hope he turns out to be our next John Alt or Willie Roaf.

milkman
04-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Remember when it was called the World League of American football? Teams in Birmingham, Sacramento, Orlando, Montreal, London, etc.? No one cared then, either.

I don't think the NFL's doing it because they need more revenue or want fan support. It's a developmental league for guys that aren't ready for the NFL and need seasoning that they couldn't acquire elsewhere.

I've tried to watch NFLE and just find it too boring. It's next to impossible to tell if any of these guys will pan out because the level of competition is no where near the NFL. But's it's obviously been worthwhile for player development.

Didn't I read somewhere that the NFL is concerned about the financial viability of the league.

I've posted this before, but it seems that if every player allocated from each NFL team were assigned to the same NFLE team, the league would garner more interest.

Skip Towne
04-22-2006, 05:59 PM
Didn't I read somewhere that the NFL is concerned about the financial viability of the league.

I've posted this before, but it seems that if every player allocated from each NFL team were assigned to the same NFLE team, the league would garner more interest.
That would sure help. Then I could have a favorite team.

Wilson8
04-22-2006, 06:07 PM
The announcer in todayís NFLE game said that Frankfortís offensive coordinator, 69 year old Whitey Jordan, said that Will Svitek is the best he has coached. I think that is pretty good because Jordan is supposed to be a very good offensive line coach. Also Tim Grunhard has been very complimentary of Will as lineman. I have not seen him give up a sack. His pass blocking is actually better than his run blocking. The defensive end on Willís side, Elton Patterson, has a sack today, but that came when he did an inside stunt and he came up through the middle.

alanm
04-22-2006, 07:00 PM
Guys that take over Europe can barely make an NFL roster, i'm not seeing bright things for Griffin at this point.

Yeah I guess it's time to cut that Brian Waters dude. He totally sucks.

milkman
04-22-2006, 07:07 PM
Yeah I guess it's time to cut that Brian Waters dude. He totally sucks.

I think he said it poorly, but I think his point is that Griffen has been invisible in NFLE, which doesn't bode well to his future in KC.

A legitimate point.

ChiefsCountry
04-23-2006, 05:55 AM
I should have clarified myself. NFLE type league here, with teams with players from one or two teams each would get more attention. I guarantee most of this thread would be looking in on a Springfield/Omaha/Wichita team with Chiefs players kicking the crap out of a Salt Lake City team with Donk players or a Sacramento team with Raiders players on it.

UKMike
04-23-2006, 06:33 AM
I should have clarified myself. NFLE type league here, with teams with players from one or two teams each would get more attention. I guarantee most of this thread would be looking in on a Springfield/Omaha/Wichita team with Chiefs players kicking the crap out of a Salt Lake City team with Donk players or a Sacramento team with Raiders players on it.

I'l probably get slated for this, but what about a team for each division?

milkman
04-23-2006, 06:52 AM
I'l probably get slated for this, but what about a team for each division?

NO!!!!!

How about a team for one team from each division, divided by conference.

CHIEF4EVER
04-23-2006, 06:59 AM
Cool. Rich Scanlon was the leagues defensive MVP last year too... so maybe Svitek can make the team too.

Maybe, maybe.......can he play corner? :hmmm:

Seriously, I hope he has improved enough to make the team. We need fresh blood on the Oline pretty soon and it would be nice to know that we have a good'un waiting in the wings.

Of course, he will never hold Scanlons jockstrap but maybe he can learn from the master.

milkman
04-23-2006, 07:07 AM

I believe that the difference is that Rich played a position that he played in college.

Svitek is using this opportunity to help in his development in a position change.

The fact that he has been so effective is really outstanding.

We, of course, know that Rich could play any position he wants, or all of them, if he chose to.

Chiefs Express
04-23-2006, 07:11 AM
Didn't the reports last year say that he was doing great in NFL Europe?

CHIEF4EVER
04-23-2006, 07:12 AM
We, of course, know that Rich could play any position he wants, or all of them, if he chose to.

ROFL Yep, he was a diamond in the rough that one.

Frankie
04-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Thanks. Who knows? Maybe we already have our future LT.

Any word on Kilian?
Anybody?:shrug:

Mr. Laz
04-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Anybody?:shrug:
killian is on the nfl network right now playing

just completed 2 nice passes (one to ex chiefs richard smith)

Mr. Laz
04-23-2006, 10:07 AM
killian is on the nfl network right now playing

just completed 2 nice passes (one to ex chiefs richard smith)

followed by to incompletion ... but both were pretty good throws, the last was clearly pass interference.

SNR
04-23-2006, 12:07 PM
Didn't the reports last year say that he was doing great in NFL Europe?If you mean Svitek, he was a mere rookie last year and didn't play

milkman
04-23-2006, 12:11 PM
If you mean Svitek, he was a mere rookie last year and didn't play

Are you trying to confuse Tom with facts?

SNR
04-23-2006, 12:13 PM
Are you trying to confuse Tom with facts?Should I be confusing him with lies instead?

milkman
04-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Should I be confusing him with lies instead?

Sure, why not.

He then would at least have an excuse.

Chiefs Express
04-23-2006, 12:47 PM
Sure, why not.

He then would at least have an excuse.

:rolleyes:

So Slipsider, what's your excuse?

milkman
04-23-2006, 12:50 PM
:rolleyes:

So Slipsider, what's your excuse?

I've been lied to, of course. :rolleyes:

Chiefs Express
04-23-2006, 02:41 PM
I've been lied to, of course. :rolleyes:

then go tell your mother, she will take care of the girl that lied to you.

tiptap
04-23-2006, 03:00 PM
From what I saw of the play of Svitek and Kilian, both have given good accounts of themselves. Svitek looked good on his feet. That is the hard part in the NFL. You can be a good size and run over people in college but it is all about footwork in the NFL. So I will wait to see how he does against NFL talent in camp. Kilian has shown he is a competitor making plays with his feet as well as his arm. His team hasn't won any games but he plays for only half the game. And when he is in the team seems to move better than when the other QB are playing. Again it would be good to see how he does in camp.

Mr. Laz
04-23-2006, 03:17 PM
From what I saw of the play of Svitek and Kilian, both have given good accounts of themselves. Svitek looked good on his feet. That is the hard part in the NFL. You can be a good size and run over people in college but it is all about footwork in the NFL. So I will wait to see how he does against NFL talent in camp. Kilian has shown he is a competitor making plays with his feet as well as his arm. His team hasn't won any games but he plays for only half the game. And when he is in the team seems to move better than when the other QB are playing. Again it would be good to see how he does in camp.
killian hasn't even been getting to play half a game ... he's been getting the 2nd quarter. Which amounts to a couple of drives.

i think the coaches are tired of the starter ... and looks like they are giving killian some more time.

Killian moves well ... has a good arm ... good throwing motion.

struggles with the deep ball ... almost like his arm is too strong and the can't control it. he overthrows a ton of passes.

just needs playing time and to work on his deep pass touch.

Frankie
04-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Thanks. I'm not hoping Kilian is the next Tom brady. But it would be cool if he became a QBs' version of Waters.

Deberg_1990
04-24-2006, 12:14 AM
I still think that freaking league should be over here in the states. More people would care about it.''

It was orginally when it was created back in 1990 or so. But nobody cared. If i remember right there were around 5 or 6 teams in the States. After about 3- 4 years thugh, the NFL decided since no one here cared they would just make it an all Europe league. I beleive it was called the WLoAF World League of American Football when it first started??

CoMoChief
04-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Thanks. I'm not hoping Kilian is the next Tom brady. But it would be cool if he became a QBs' version of Waters.

Hmmm, still trying to find an analogy there.

Deberg_1990
04-24-2006, 12:52 AM
''

It was orginally when it was created back in 1990 or so. But nobody cared. If i remember right there were around 5 or 6 teams in the States. After about 3- 4 years thugh, the NFL decided since no one here cared they would just make it an all Europe league. I beleive it was called the WLoAF World League of American Football when it first started??

Here is a link to a page about the history of the league. It started in the spring of 1991. Basically Americans dont want to pay to watch "inferior" football. We all remember the WWE league from a few years back as well.

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/1871/

Frankie
04-24-2006, 09:03 AM
Hmmm, still trying to find an analogy there.
God it feels like explaining a joke's punchline! But here goes:

Brady, a low draft pick became an NFL star. Waters, our OG, went from obscurity to being a solid starter. A status of a future "solid starter" would be really really cool for me if Kilian, whose path, like Waters, goes through Eutrope, somehow achieved it. He's shown some hopeful signs to make that dream plausible.... 'tsall!

Cave Johnson
04-24-2006, 09:33 AM
God it feels like explaining a joke's punchline! But here goes:

Brady, a low draft pick became an NFL star. Waters, our OG, went from obscurity to being a solid starter. A status of a future "solid starter" would be really really cool for me if Kilian, whose path, like Waters, goes through Europe, somehow achieved it. He's shown some hopeful signs to make that dream plausible.... 'tsall!

I'm backing BSPimp on this one. Waters, far from a mere "solid starter", is a ProBowler. He just plays at a position where there never have, and never will, be any "NFL stars".

Waters is the G equivalent of Brady. Ergo, bad analogy.

Frankie
04-24-2006, 09:40 AM
Is Waters a media darling and a NFL star? He's a probowler, sure. But most probowlers are in the solid starter category. Only a handful are "Stars."

Ergo, good analogy.

Frankie
04-24-2006, 09:41 AM
Is Waters a media darling and a NFL star? He's a probowler, sure. But most probowlers are in the solid starter category. Only a handful are "Stars."

Ergo, good analogy.
And another thing:

Quit sucking up to BSPD!
:p