PDA

View Full Version : Wroten test positive at the combine?

Mr. Laz
04-22-2006, 07:33 PM
that outa just kill his stock completely considering his character issues.

found this little blurb ... pretty sketchy on the details.

The other player who tested positive at the combine is LSU defensive tackle Claude Wroten. We've yet to hear anything from his agent, Joel Segal, regarding the reason for the result.

JBucc
04-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Sucks for him. One thing I've wondered is if they test for that stuff at team's pro days. If not a player could just skip the combine and have killer times at his pro day to earn a few extra mil.

jspchief
04-22-2006, 08:15 PM
Remember Anttaj Hawthorne?

He was a DT from Wisconsin that was projected to go in the second round last year. Tested positive at the combine and dropped to the 6th round.

Dunit35
04-23-2006, 06:58 AM

He was a DT from Wisconsin that was projected to go in the second round last year. Tested positive at the combine and dropped to the 6th round.

Yeah.

Did Wroten test positive for performance enhancing drugs or pot? Hawthorne tested positive for pot and dropped to the 6th while Castillo tested positive for performance enhancing drugs and still stayed in the first round. Of course the Raiders drafted him didn't they?

Coogs
04-23-2006, 07:09 AM
Yeah.

Did Wroten test positive for performance enhancing drugs or pot? Hawthorne tested positive for pot and dropped to the 6th while Castillo tested positive for performance enhancing drugs and still stayed in the first round. Of course the Raiders drafted him didn't they?

Castillo went to the Chargers. He openly stated he used the steroids to help heal an elbow injury. He also had a clause put in his contract that he would not use any more steroids, or he would forfeit his signing bonus. This was his request, not the Chargers.

Dunit35
04-23-2006, 07:12 AM
Castillo went to the Chargers. He openly stated he used the steroids to help heal an elbow injury. He also had a clause put in his contract that he would not use any more steroids, or he would forfeit his signing bonus. This was his request, not the Chargers.

oops. I meant didn't the Raiders draft Hawthorne? I didn't know that signing bonus thing about Castillo.

Coogs
04-23-2006, 07:16 AM
oops. I meant didn't the Raiders draft Hawthorne? I didn't know that signing bonus thing about Castillo.

:shrug: on Hawthorne. Have no idea where he went.

Dunit35
04-23-2006, 07:19 AM
:shrug: on Hawthorne. Have no idea where he went.

Yeah, he went to the Raiders and played in one game (the last game of the season).

But about Wroten, isn't he a first day pick?

milkman
04-23-2006, 07:20 AM

Yeah, the Raiders drafted him.

Coogs
04-23-2006, 07:36 AM
But about Wroten, isn't he a first day pick?

Everything I have seen has him in the 2nd to 3rd round.

CupidStunt
04-23-2006, 11:25 AM

3 points i'd make:

(1) Wroten is a better player than Hawthorne ever was.

(2) This is PFT.com; there's nothing confirmed about him supposedly testing positive yet.

(3) There WAS the real incident back in February with him carrying marijuana and speeding, but my many accounts, he has impressed a LOT of teams by writing a letter to each and every one of them, admitting it, owning up to it, taking responsibility, being accountable and showing remorse.

I believe Wroten's actually a good kid, and there's NO question about his work ethic. There were questions all over Hawthorne and whether he actually gave a shit.

Chris Meck
04-23-2006, 11:50 AM
dude. He's a college kid. It was pot. This is 2006.

jspchief
04-23-2006, 02:47 PM
dude. He's a college kid. It was pot. This is 2006.You don't have to be middle aged to realize that you're risking a multi-million dollar career just to get high. The "just a college kid" excuse doesn't fly with me. Smart people know how to prioritize their life by the time they get out of college. Stupid people choose to risk a shot at the NFL for a joint. There will never be an excuse for it as far as I'm concerned.

As for Hawthorne, he was drafted by the Raiders, cut before the season, then at some point they brought him back and I think he made the gameday roster.

CupidStunt
04-23-2006, 02:54 PM
He's (Hawthorne) in NFL Europe right now.

Woodrow Call
04-26-2006, 07:41 AM
http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/2695271.html

Wroten earned All-American and All-Southeastern Conference honors after a senior season in which he recorded 49 tackles including six sacks.

Wroten said he didnít run at the NFL combine because of a hamstring problem, but was up front with teams there about his arrest.

He said the Kansas City Chiefs and San Francisco 49ers have shown the most interest.

BigChiefFan
04-26-2006, 07:57 AM
Wroten looks like a beast out there, it's a shame he just cost himself millions.